Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 3/6/2018 at 2:00 PM, InDueTime said:

My current favorite ad is this McGruff Geico one.

I still love this ad so much. We have a 7 month old puppy and whenever it appears she has to go outside to do her business, we say to her, “you got to go tinky poo poo?!”  

Never fails to crack my boyfriend and me up. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4

Not a favorite commercial overall, but a favorite line delivery from a commercial:  In the toilet paper commercial where a pregnant woman keeps having to get up and pee in the middle of the night, I love the way she says to the fetus around 4:00 a.m., "You gotta be kidding me, little dude."  And I never noticed it before tonight, but at the end she - in voiceover - says through a yawn, "I've never peed this much in my life."  That line is just as pitch perfect; we don't even see her shuffling back to bed, yet I can picture it just from her voice.

• Love 10

In the same McGruff the Crime dog series of As Long As People have been...I love the Alexander Graham Bell at the play one, it's hilarious. The wrong number, etc., "No you want Two. Two I say!" it just cracks me up.

Another set I love is the new Jetta ones...the music is so catchy, and I especially love the one where it seems like the car is dancing, and does The Snake. I don't why I find it so cute. But it makes the car really endearing to me! Betta Getta Jetta!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kelloggirl said:

Another set I love is the new Jetta ones...the music is so catchy, and I especially love the one where it seems like the car is dancing, and does The Snake. I don't why I find it so cute. But it makes the car really endearing to me! Betta Getta Jetta!

This is one of my current favorites; very good CGI too!

• Love 2

I love the new (to me) Subaru/dogs commercial!  It's a take on the school team/cheerleaders fundraising car wash.  All the dogs washing the car are bulldogs, who are having fun playing in the water and spraying the hose, just like teenagers do at a car wash, but when our dog family leaves, the car is only clean up to just above the wheels.  Because the bulldogs can't reach any higher.  I am still laughing about it.

Unlike the one where our dog family drops their pup off at obedience school.  I love that ad too, but it's a tearjerker.

• Love 10

I absolutely love this commercial. The song is fabulous, the models are gorgeous, the whole vibe of it is fun and eye-catching. 

I think this is another great one. I love the message, the diversity, and think it's (for a makeup store commercial) really uplifting. 

Edited by scarletine
  • Love 3

I held out as long as possible, but I've finally tumbled for the Peyton Manning/Brad Paisley Nationwide commercials.  Is there anything Manning *can't* sell?  And the two of them together: the goofball cornpone ex-QB and the dapper, eye-rolling country star...Genius. 

They need to have a TV series.  Where they fight crime.

• Love 7

I don't see the Progressive commercials with the animated box anymore and I kinda miss them.  Whoever voiced that character had a great vocal quality, very deep and soothing.  I loved the one where he visits the therapist and decides, after 5 minutes of talking and crying, that he's cured.

I had a revelation the other evening when diving for the remote to mute the Cologuard Box character's spiel.  Could he be the son of the Progressive Box?  And, if so, where is Mom Box?  Why doesn't she have a commercial too?

Edited by mousegirl
  • Love 3

I really like the TD Ameritrade series. There are various ones where different people are talking to a bearded guy. I like them because most investment companies seem to focus on people who have accumulated wealth in their lifetime. Lots of talk about travel, second homes, boats, etc. And that's great for them. But the Ameritrade ads seem more approachable with clients who aren't rolling in it. The couple who had to dig into their 401K after a medical emergency. The people who haven't saved a ton for retirement, etc. 

Edited by tanyak
  • Love 5

I like the one where the woman is in an office, her boyfriend is breaking up with her on the phone, and her colleagues are all meerkats poking their heads up. I think it's a Geico ad. I don't know what its point is; I just like the meerkats.

• Love 20

I like some of the Christmas themed ads from Walmart from last year like this one using Whop! There It is!!" Even though they probably shot the ad in March the emotions and expressions of the parents and kids are AWESOME. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZAC7NQPO1k

I also like an expedia ad from a year or so back, about a little girl who ADORES tigers and how they go to the zoo and she's standing in front of the plexiglass window, wearing a tiger costume, maybe a little bit fearful and the tiger says "Hey a small tiger IN MY TERRITORY?! I THINK NOT!!" and the tiger kind of charges at her and she steps back, but then gets up against the window. Can't find it on youtube or anywhere else though.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Is this it? @ShutUpLutz?

YES!!!!!!!!! I searched "expedia tiger ad" on youtube and got nothing, but obviously your search skills are stronger. Or you've got much more patience than I currently do. Maybe some of both.

ANYWAY, I also love the bit when she's going up the airport walkway and "GRRRS!!" at the man in the suit next to her. So adorable. Makes me almost but not quite want to have kids.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ShutUpLutz said:

YES!!!!!!!!! I searched "expedia tiger ad" on youtube and got nothing, but obviously your search skills are stronger. Or you've got much more patience than I currently do. Maybe some of both.

ANYWAY, I also love the bit when she's going up the airport walkway and "GRRRS!!" at the man in the suit next to her. So adorable. Makes me almost but not quite want to have kids.

I was always good on research but I have to give the credit to @KungFuBunny for the improvement in my posting skills. Glad you liked it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I like the one where the woman is in an office, her boyfriend is breaking up with her on the phone, and her colleagues are all meerkats poking their heads up. I think it's a Geico ad. I don't know what its point is; I just like the meerkats.

CRAIG AND SHEILA BROKE UP?!?!

I love that commercial, too. I just changed offices and the new one is by far the most meerkat-y office I’ve worked in. When I first saw the commercial, I thought “Well, they’re exaggerating for humor purposes,” but now I’m thinking it’s not exaggerated at all (other than the literal rather than metaphorical meerkats).

• Love 14
On 9/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, jennblevins said:

CRAIG AND SHEILA BROKE UP?!?!

WHAT????

I love that scene at the end. The only office I can say was truly like this was my time at a newspaper. There was a lot of dating going on, so you usually knew both people. Good times. 

• Love 5
On 9/26/2018 at 6:39 AM, ShutUpLutz said:

This one is really old, but what are you gonna do, there's no dislike button. HA!!! Anyway, Kenny Mayne of ESPN's Sportscenter practices some home run calls. I love, "It's never iffy if it's Griffey," (pause) "Nah, that blows.." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubp_f3J0ZR4

Let's face it: "This is SportsCenter" commercials are better than most of what's *on* during SportsCenter. And Kenny Mayne = always a classic.

It's like choosing my favorite Beatles song, but somewhere in my Top 5 of these is the one where Archie, Peyton, and Eli Manning are part of an ESPN tour, and the boys keep pranking each other.  Perfection.

• Love 7

I love all the Love Subaru with the Golden Family commercials!  I read about the bulldog carwash here but just saw it yesterday on the teevee and it's completely adorable too.  One of my favorite ads was when Mom Golden gets a bad haircut (like an Afghan Hound wig) and Dad Golden just keeps smiling as they drive away from the stylist. I would never speed through ads on my DVR if they were all this delightful!

• Love 18

Progressive ad: Flo and a freaked-out looking ginger guy watch as the ginger's son wanders through the kitchen in VR goggles, barking at the refrigerator to turn on the TV, etc., while a drone buzzes around aimlessly. Flo says 'he'll be all right', but they both look dubious. Once again, no idea what this has to do with insurance, but it makes me laugh.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Progressive ad: Flo and a freaked-out looking ginger guy watch as the ginger's son wanders through the kitchen in VR goggles, barking at the refrigerator to turn on the TV, etc., while a drone buzzes around aimlessly. Flo says 'he'll be all right', but they both look dubious. Once again, no idea what this has to do with insurance, but it makes me laugh.

The drone delivered the pizza that he had ordered from the computer.

• Love 1