Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

This commercial gets trotted out before any kind of "big game", and while it buys into the "clueless husband" trope, the actor's delivery just cracks me up every time. 

Edited by scarletine
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, scarletine said:

This commercial gets trotted out before any kind of "big game", and while it buys into the "clueless husband" trope, the actor's delivery just cracks me up every time. 

Oh god, he says "the wife."

• Love 1
On 4/5/2018 at 11:15 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I'm loving the State Farm Backstreet Boys singalong.  But I still can't stand James Harden.  Of course, he's not singing.

I LOVE this ad.  Harden’s expression makes me laugh.

Also using The Backstreet Boys well is BP, although I can’t find a link to the ad anywhere.  They are a terrible company but I love all three guys in the ad, most of all the passenger with his pretend mic.

Not sure if Planet Fitness is a nationwide chain but their tv commercial here in Southern California is one that I love: hot, dorky, muscular blonde guy with a perfect six pack is on an exercise bike in some fitness gym surrounded by mirrors (Planet Fitness has no mirrors in their exercise areas) He's talking about how he loves looking at himself in the mirrors, he loves looking at YOU in the mirrors and loves looking at you looking at HIM in the mirrors. I'm definitely going to check out my local Planet Fitness. No mirrors? I'm in!

• Love 2

Also using The Backstreet Boys well is BP, although I can’t find a link to the ad anywhere.  They are a terrible company but I love all three guys in the ad, most of all the passenger with his pretend mic.

I don't understand the look the little girl in the next car is giving them. Lighten up, little girl. They're enjoying themselves. What's that judgmental stare all about? Have you never had silly fun? Poor, deprived child.

• Love 2
On 4/8/2018 at 5:22 PM, chenoa333 said:

He's talking about how he loves looking at himself in the mirrors, he loves looking at YOU in the mirrors and loves looking at you looking at HIM in the mirrors. I

I just saw this last night!  "I'm looking at me...looking at me.  Looking at you looking at me." Hee!  Right to the top of my new favs.  But it didn't make me want to check out Planet Fitness :-)

• Love 3
On 4/9/2018 at 8:32 PM, voiceover said:

Hey, fellow commercial geeks!

Is the heckler at the joust in the new GEICO ad, the gecko-impersonator?

Nope.  Jake Wood is the voice of the Gecko.  Darren Richardson plays the heckler.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Nope.  Jake Wood is the voice of the Gecko.  Darren Richardson plays the heckler.

Thanks!!  I was back & forth about it.

Wish they'd Easter egg Jake into an ad, tho.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I just saw this last night!  "I'm looking at me...looking at me.  Looking at you looking at me." Hee!  Right to the top of my new favs.  But it didn't make me want to check out Planet Fitness :-)

Apparently you look good enough to not mind looking at you or looking at me looking at you! I however am going to check out my local Planet Fitness because I am down with the concept of NO mirrors! 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I have disliked many of the University of Phoenix ads, but this one is really good.

The animation reminds me of The Incredibles. Nice ad, but I'm not sure I like them pushing the idea of an unemployed person going to the trouble (and expense) of getting a degree that isn't needed for a new job.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Apparently you look good enough to not mind looking at you or looking at me looking at you! I however am going to check out my local Planet Fitness because I am down with the concept of NO mirrors! 

Except mirrors can help you check if you're doing an exercise wrong or if your form is bad snd you might hurt yourself.

• Love 1

Okay, two commercial I love:  Larry Fitzgerald calling his mom's answering machine to tell her he got his degree....tears!!!  The second one?  Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews in adjoining hotel rooms, with Clay Mattews signing "I'm like a bird, I'll fly away......"  cracks me up every time.

16 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"Wait a minute.....why would anyone steal turf?"

Have you ever put in a lawn?  That stuff is expensive!

We used to drive around and spot turf that would be good for transporting to our house.

15 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm still loving the car insurance commercial with the well-spoken kid telling his parents " ... it was so smart on your guys part".  Slays me every.damn.time!!  LOL.

That commercial is so well cast.  That boy really looks like he could be their son.

• Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I'm still loving the car insurance commercial with the well-spoken kid telling his parents " ... it was so smart on your guys part".  Slays me every.damn.time!!  LOL.

If I were the parent & that kid said "What a POWERFUL life lesson!" to me, I doubt that I could keep a straight face long enough to announce his punishment.  So funny.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, riley702 said:

Cats love cheese!

Stella doesn't, but she does like cooked tomato - soup, marinara, baked bean sauce - she loves it all. Of course, I don't let her have a LOT, just enough of a taste to make her happy. But, yeah, Bosco loves anything dairy. They could share a cheese pizza.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, xaxat said:

Defense does win championships!

(And my dad called all the kids chief.)

This is one of my fav commercials as well.  I can hear my dad now fussing that the front door is open and our need to air condition outside.

• Love 3
On 4/16/2018 at 1:52 PM, smittykins said:

Mine loves Nacho Cheese Doritos(I have to be careful not to drop any).

Mine does too!! But she only licks the seasoning off, doesn't eat the chip. But she does eat Lays chips. Plain only. 

• Love 1