Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I don’t watch “Stranger Things” but I know who David Harbour is, and if he’s going to keep popping up into random ads, I will continue to be amused.

I love that they got the first hot Old Spice guy.  “Get off my horse.”

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I really liked the Alexa commercial with the different people doing the voice. And the Kia one with Steven Tyler-Dream On. 

I think the Alexa one was my favorite. Did you catch the second commercial with Leslie Jones?

I also liked the Michelob commercial with Chris Pratt as an extra.

I missed the Clydesdales this year.

The Eli Manning & Odell Beckham, Jr. homage to Dirty Dancing commercial is now one of my most favorite things of all time.

I wonder if the artist of this cartoon got a sneak peek before the game.

Edited by elle
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Popples said:

The Eli Manning & Odell Beckham, Jr. homage to Dirty Dancing commercial is now one of my most favorite things of all time.

There are so many great things about this commercial. When Odell threw his head back and did the little laugh, I died. And then when Eli broke it down on his solo, I died again. 

I hate that the season is over because the only place it will probably play in on NFL Network, which I don't really watch during the off-season.

• Love 7

I wasn't big on the tide commercials

But the Eli commercial was easily the winner of the night.  So funny. 

Reminds me of some of the old ESPN commercials they used to do, some of those were hilarious.  My favorite was the one with one of the Brave's pitches and Heather Locklear.  "Chicks dig the long ball"  Hopefully the link works

Brady may have more SB titles, but no one can top Eli and Peyton in great commercials

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Popples said:

The Eli Manning & Odell Beckham, Jr. homage to Dirty Dancing commercial is now one of my most favorite things of all time.

Proving that neither Manning brother has any rhythm. 

Maybe Cooper can dance.

3 hours ago, tanyak said:

When Odell threw his head back and did the little laugh, I died.

I love the whole thing, but if I had to pick a favorite part, that might be it, because he completely channeled Jennifer Grey in that moment.

That was, by a country mile, my favorite of the commercials I saw during the game (I'm often up restocking my plate during commercial breaks, so I didn't see them all). 

I also loved the one where Keegan-Michael Key translated:

• Love 10

Loved the e-Trade commercial where all the 80+ers were going back to work because they didn't save enough in their retirement funds during their working years.  The glitzy DJ was a hoot!

"I'm 85 and I wanna go home.  Day-O."

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 8

Subaru.com We Love All pets commercial. Absolutely one of the best commercials I've ever seen. Cute little children with ALL species of pets: chickens, cats, dogs, horses. 

I don't post here often because I usually don't see commercials I really love. But babies and animals in a very well written and produced commercial is always a winner with me!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Proving that neither Manning brother has any rhythm. 

Maybe Cooper can dance.

Eli has more rhythm than I do lol. Seriously. I appreciate the effort he put into that. 

Found a bit about the effort that went into that commercial: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/Ad-Meter/2018/02/04/eli-manning-odell-beckham-jr-dirty-dancing-nfl-ad-super-bowl/305341002/

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 6

This one isn't new, but, I just love it. I like the talking wise owl and the girl who is so excited to get 2 pairs of glasses for an awesome price.  The owl asked her if she knows owls have sensitive hearing and she then repeats it in a soft voice.  So funny.  I like it a lot.  

• Love 6

"I don't know why but I like that Purple Mattress commercial starring Goldilocks who uses 300 pound of glass dropped to see if mattresses can protect raw eggs from breakage! She has just the right 'tude and humor needed to demonstrate the product's attributes (and I hope to see that performer in other things). Still, I'm satisfied with my own mattress and not ready to dump $1000 on a new one!" (Sorry, none of the features work on my work computer.) Her name is Mallory Everton and she lives near me so I've met her a few times. She's in a comedy show on BYU Television called Studio C. They have lots of YouTube videos.

1 hour ago, hjmugillecuty said:

"I don't know why but I like that Purple Mattress commercial starring Goldilocks who uses 300 pound of glass dropped to see if mattresses can protect raw eggs from breakage! She has just the right 'tude and humor needed to demonstrate the product's attributes (and I hope to see that performer in other things). Still, I'm satisfied with my own mattress and not ready to dump $1000 on a new one!" (Sorry, none of the features work on my work computer.) Her name is Mallory Everton and she lives near me so I've met her a few times. She's in a comedy show on BYU Television called Studio C. They have lots of YouTube videos.

Some of the Studio C videos are absolutely hilarious. Of course, that has to include all of the "Scott Sterling" videos, which get millions of views every time a new one comes out.

There is a commercial for...something, I honestly have no idea what because I’ve never actually looked at the TV when it’s on, but it just makes me so happy because they are using what I think is the original version of “Singin’ In the Rain.”

As soon as I hear that music, I smile.  One day I’ll know what they are trying to sell and probably be disappointed.

• Love 4

Even though I'm not a Coke drinker, I'm absolutely drawn into this commercial every time it's on by the background beat of its theme music.  There's just something so happy and uplifting about it.  Frankly, I hardly hear what they're saying because I'm just vocally strumming along with it, but for some unexplainable reason I love the Cajun woman raising her bottle of Coke as she flounces through the hall.  So glad they brought this one back.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wSDX/coca-cola-we-are-the-coca-cola-company

• Love 2

From the head-scratcher thread:

10 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I'm confused with the latest Amazon Dot commercial.  Where a woman asks Alexa to show her who is at the door, and Rebel Wilson answers from her bathtub, saying she's too busy doing humanitarian work, and the woman should just get the door herself.  Then Alexa thanks Rebel, and says she'll handle it.

HUH?  I'm lost......

The new one with Leslie Jones and some guy I don't know is hilarious. This teenager is sitting in his room, and he says, "Alexa, I'm going to call Denise." Leslie says, "Well, it's about time you called her!" but the guy interrupts with, "You need to hold off. You have to let ,love marinate!" They start arguing back and forth, and the kid is still sitting at his desk with the best WTF face.

• Love 5
On 1/1/2018 at 2:14 PM, theredhead77 said:

I debated if I wanted to post this here or under tear jerkers. I decided here because the message is so powerful it's instantly a favorite

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wWkX/massmutual-2017-year-in-review-the-unsung

When I see the part about the woman inviting a homeless man into her home I think of that movie with Sandra Bullock The Blindside; it's the commercial refering to that?

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

The new one with Leslie Jones and some guy I don't know is hilarious. This teenager is sitting in his room, and he says, "Alexa, I'm going to call Denise." Leslie says, "Well, it's about time you called her!" but the guy interrupts with, "You need to hold off. You have to let ,love marinate!" They start arguing back and forth, and the kid is still sitting at his desk with the best WTF face.

I've only seen the Rebel Wilson one (and I see it repeatedly).  Someone on the head scratcher thread told me there was a Super Bowl commercial that showed Alexa losing her voice.  I don't watch the Super Bowl, so I didn't see that, so that's why I didn't understand the commercial (that celebrities were filling in for her).  Now I get it, but apparently Amazon hasn't aired the Super Bowl commercial anywhere else, leaving me in the dark.

1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I love that you know "In the Hall of the Mountain King" 's title.  I'm old & childless, so I have to ask - are kids today taught that? Come to think of it, I don't think I learned that in school; I got it from my father's Philadelphia Orchestra records.

I knew it because we played it in middle school band, in the 80's.  Well, a simplified version.  I played the xylophone.

• Love 1

I confess, I had to look up the song, I kept thinking it was Night on Bald Mountain, which I know because I have seen Fantasia and I like the piece, but when I listened to it, I realized it wasn't the right song, so I had to go in search of the correct title. I knew the music, and may have known the name at some ancient point in time. 

I know a lot of classical music from commercials, and have come to love the pieces, like knowing Quaker Oats were shot from cannons to the 1812 Overture, and then there were Loony Tunes for the rest.

• Love 3

We played a stripped down version of "Night On Bald Mountain" every year when we did our town's Halloween parade.  It was easy, good to march to, and grabbed people's attention.

Another one I enjoyed playing was "Rodeo" by Aaron Copeland.  You know it as the "Beef:  It's What's For Dinner" song.

• Love 6

Aww. I know this is going to sound super sappy but thinking about the “Beef: It’s What’s For Dinner” ad makes me nostalgic.  It reminds me of watching TV with my family when I was younger.

Also it reminds me of the Country-Time Lemonade ads.  I miss them.  I don’t think anything can make me feel like summer like a Country-Time ad can.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Aww. I know this is going to sound super sappy but thinking about the “Beef: It’s What’s For Dinner” ad makes me nostalgic.  It reminds me of watching TV with my family when I was younger.

Also it reminds me of the Country-Time Lemonade ads.  I miss them.  I don’t think anything can make me feel like summer like a Country-Time ad can.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more.

• Love 2

Quaker Oats were shot from cannons to the 1812 Overture

I think it was Puffed Wheat & Puffed Rice..."This is the cereal that's shot from guns... <BOOM>"

I think most of the boomers learned their "classical" music from Bugs Bunny cartoons. Even Alex Trebek was (sort-of) singing "Kill the Wabbit" the other day.

There was a McDonald's commerical back in the late 70s for breakfast that used part of Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody #2. It was a brilliant commercial but I only ever saw it twice and then it went away. I often think about that ad and wonder why they stopped showing it - there's no copyright on it, so they weren't violating anything.  They used the part starting around  6:34, cutting out sections to get to 7:21, where they sang, "Breakfast! McDonald's Breakfast!"

Oh, look...it's on YouTube. (Everything's on YouTube, isn't it?) 

Oh, I found another one! This is one I saw...

• Love 4

Prevailing Wind, I think you're right, Puffed Wheat & Rice, hey, I'm a boomer, memory's getting bad. 

Chessiegal, I learned some of my classical music in music classes and arts are the first thing cut from school budgets, didn't you ever see Mr. Holland's Opus? And I have touched on that subject before in small talk on one of the boards, maybe not commercials, but I'll take it over there.

• Love 4

I'm really enjoying the Carnival Cruise commercial with Shaq that is shown during the Olympics. He looks like he's having so much fun and I want to join him! I particularly get a kick out of him in the pool with his clothes on. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I'm really enjoying the Carnival Cruise commercial with Shaq that is shown during the Olympics. He looks like he's having so much fun and I want to join him! I particularly get a kick out of him in the pool with his clothes on. 

Good thing it wasn't this cruise.

• Love 4