Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

This ad ran during the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day marathon last month. It's a real ad for MST3k merchandise, but also a parody of all those commercials featuring idiots who can't manage to eat chips out of a bowl, cook pasta, use a garden hose, etc.

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This ad ran during the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day marathon last month. It's a real ad for MST3k merchandise, but also a parody of all those commercials featuring idiots who can't manage to eat chips out of a bowl, cook pasta, use a garden hose, etc.

Oh, no!  I missed the marathon!

On 11/24/2017 at 6:02 PM, Brattinella said:

I'm really starting to be quite fond of the Bro-tein shake guys (for Geico).  That commercial never fails to crack me up!

Is that right bro-tato chip?  That's right Teddy Bro-sevelt.  HAHAHA!

• Love 6

While I can't say it's anywhere close to my 'fave' commercial, I REALLY like the one for Bleu Cologne at Macy's with the girl going up to the perfume counter requesting that scent for her mother despite the clerk cautioning her that it's for men. After buying it, she and her mother make a phone call to the girl's father who is on some longterm polar expedition and the mother sprays the cologne afterwards to remind herself of her distant husband's scent.

I like it because it's one of the very few scent commercials that a. actually tells a realistic story  b. has performers playing folks that behave like human beings instead of posers trying to be 'deep' but only winding up being boot deep!

• Love 11

ON 9/29/2017 AT 9:52 PM, FRIENDPERIDOT SAID:

There's an ad for hearing aids on the cheap, antenna channels that just makes me laugh. Eargo+ is the company and they have been funny for a while, "there's nothing more annoying than looking for those tiny hearing aid batteries...well, maybe there are." Lately they've got the guy who can't quite hear what people are telling me and the part about slaughtering the nuns just cracks me up. His wife actually tells him something about not forgetting to water the tomatoes when he's done.

You're selling a product to the hard-of-hearing...  WHY isn't your ad Close-Captioned (the whole ad, not just "What they really said")?  I wouldn't buy anything from these asshats.

jhlipton, just wanted to let you know, that I did email them some time ago and just a few minutes ago, I saw one of their ads, not the one with the man mis-hearing everything, I haven't seen that one in a while, just one with narration and pictures of the device, it was closed captioned. I was happy to see that they've done that. I never received a response to my email, but I don't really care, I made my point.

• Love 4

I laugh my butt off every time I see the Dominoes commercial where a guy pulls into his driveway and gets out of his car and a gigantic pine tree falls & lands on top the car, totaling it.  Then, he's like, no, no & reaches in the backseat to pull out a Dominoes pizza & he's so relieved to see that it's ok.  So, he turns to walk into the house and slips on the ice & the pizza goes flying into the air & lands in the snow,

• Love 6

I am still ambivalent in having my house controlled by robots, but the, shit I think it was Alexa? ad I just saw was cute.

The first section shows a guy playing a game and his wife comes in, looks at the screen and uses the house robot to call for backup.  The players who come in the game sound like preteens and say “your wife called us?” 

The next section is a beautiful woman playing and she asks the house robot what to play next.  As she starts playing something a guy comes in and says “you called in sick?” and she pauses, says “uh, yeah” and coughs.  The way she coughs and says yeah is very cute.  I want to be her friend, even though I am less than useless in playing first person shooters.

I found the part with the woman, but not the whole thing.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, voiceover said:

I'm such a cheap target for most beer commercials...my current fave is Bud Light's "Dilly Dilly!" one.  

Of course, no bar toast is now safe from someone chiming that phrase.  And I laugh my ass off, every time.

I like the one where the King is giving away Bud Light for Christmas presents and one of them contains tickets for the Super Bowl for life, and the King demands that the guy give it back.

Edited by Silver Raven
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I like the one where the King is giving away Bud Light for Christmas presents and one of them contains tickets for the Super Bowl for life, and the King demands that the guy give it back.

I haven't seen that one!  But you know, if I were King, I would totes do the same.

*rushes off to find "Holiday Dilly" on YT*

Apologies if this has been posted before - after the enormous popularity of Bud Light's "Dilly Dilly" commercials, a microbrewery made a small batch IPA called "Dilly Dilly" something or other, and the folks at Anheuser Busch got wind of it and sent the coolest possible cease and desist notice:

• Love 8

I can't stand those Dilly Dilly commercials.  Or the fact that is becoming some kind of catch phrase 

And I am not seven sure why I don't like it.  Part of it is the fact the beer is crappy.  But it also just doesn't strike me as that funny or original as most seem to find it. 

But then I am the rare male who always hated that "And Twins...." Coors light commercial as well from 15 years ago or so.  The song was SO BAD, yet it caught on and was everywhere. 

The DirecTV ad with the lady pouring coffee on herself and laughing is my favorite.

Even though I disagree with the point of the ad, which is that DirecTV has such great service vs cable.  DirecTV service sucks.  The only reason I still have it is because of NFL SUnday Ticket

• Love 1

I will always love any ad with Mayhem in it no matter what he does.  Still won’t change from Nationwide, but I can appreciate a great ad campaign.

There was an ad last night during one of the bowl games that I wish I paid more attention to because it highlighted a whole shitton of wonderful things from the raging hellfire that was 2017.  It was for Google, maybe?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mojoween said:

There was an ad last night during one of the bowl games that I wish I paid more attention to because it highlighted a whole shitton of wonderful things from the raging hellfire that was 2017.  It was for Google, maybe?

This one?

• Love 1

That wasn’t it but hot damn that was a good ad, even if for insurance.

I found it!  Holy balls now that I've watched it in full...chills everywhere.  I especially love the part with the two people who were elected this year, the man from New Jersey, I think? and the woman from South Carolina.  Also that BBC video with the toddler invading her dad’s interview never gets old.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 9
On 1/1/2018 at 10:03 PM, Silver Raven said:

But doesn’t it say onscreen something like “resolutions are made to be broken”?  I took that to mean Mayhem’s good intentions won’t last forever and he’ll be back to his old tricks before long!  Happy to see him either way!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Fiddler1 said:

But doesn’t it say onscreen something like “resolutions are made to be broken”?  I took that to mean Mayhem’s good intentions won’t last forever and he’ll be back to his old tricks before long!

Yep, and I'm looking forward to it.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LillyB said:

I am enjoying the GEICO ad with the penguins,

Gonna breed next year!

10 hours ago, Fiddler1 said:

But doesn’t it say onscreen something like “resolutions are made to be broken”?  I took that to mean Mayhem’s good intentions won’t last forever and he’ll be back to his old tricks before long!  Happy to see him either way!

Mayhem was more fun when he was causing mayhem.  Not that I wish bad luck on people.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Gonna breed next year!

Mayhem was more fun when he was causing mayhem.  Not that I wish bad luck on people.

Let's see: the tennis ball could break causing the driver to drive too far and hit something, the kid could climb up on his roof after the airplane and fall, and the road flare - well, it shouldn't go out, but I've heard tales from cops of people who drive *towards* the flashing lights like moths to flames. One of them was a motorcycle cop who had a driver run right over his brand new and very nice bike.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jamoche said:

I've heard tales from cops of people who drive *towards* the flashing lights like moths to flames.

I've heard the same from fire fighters - they say the flashing lights "hypnotize" people, for lack of a better word, and cause them to run into the truck.

• Love 3
On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Even though I disagree with the point of the ad, which is that DirecTV has such great service vs cable.  DirecTV service sucks.  The only reason I still have it is because of NFL SUnday Ticket

I've had the opposite experience in that DirecTV has been terrific when I needed their customer service and Comcast was horrible.  Possibly it depends on your area?

Anyways, to stay on topic:

I usually don't care one way or the other about Planet Fitness commercials, but the one with the European models mocking the "puffy baby man" amuses the hell out of me.  Maybe because they're just so ridiculously German, like they all should be members of Das Sound Machine (which was robbed, btw).

• Love 1
On 1/1/2018 at 10:03 PM, Silver Raven said:

Love these :).

I wonder how long Mayhem will be able to keep his resolution to not cause any? XD

• Love 4
On January 5, 2018 at 11:08 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

Love these :).

I wonder how long Mayhem will be able to keep his resolution to not cause any? XD

Not even 2 weeks. He's back to causing mayhem again. 

• Love 9

KTRK ABC13 Houston: Nov. 1983 7 A.M. morning news promo

"It's early morning, and the beat of Houston begins as Texans prepare to face a promising new day. And the friendly 7 A.M. Eyewitness News team makes it all just a little easier. You don't miss a thing because Sylvan Rodriguez has the overnight happenings while you slept. Whether it's work, school or pleasure, you can plan your day with Doug Brown's forecast. And getting you there on time is traffic reporter Don Nelson's job. The 7 A.M. 13 Eyewitness News team: the early morning heartbeat of Houston!"

• Love 1