Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Aww, I was hoping it was the royal family. You know, the Queen in sweats, lighting up a ciggie (as we know they all actually smoke, but try to hide it), as they play cards, pop a beer, etc. That would be surprising, Geico!

Edited by riley702
  • Love 6

Honorable mention for Geico...not a laugh out loud but giggle.

The "changing of the guards" at Buckingham Palace.  Guy in slippers, boxer shorts & ratty bathrobe shuffles up to relieve the present guard of his duties, proceeds to sit down in a lawn chair, falls asleep....pretty funny!  (Sorry...too lazy to find the video.) 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Maizie131 said:

Honorable mention for Geico...not a laugh out loud but giggle.

The "changing of the guards" at Buckingham Palace.  Guy in slippers, boxer shorts & ratty bathrobe shuffles up to relieve the present guard of his duties, proceeds to sit down in a lawn chair, falls asleep....pretty funny!  (Sorry...too lazy to find the video.) 

I think you might be referring to the one that Tunia linked above.

• Love 1
Just now, janie jones said:

I think you might be referring to the one that Tunia linked above.

Yep!  That's the one, Janie!  Thanks!  I actually LOL'd watching that vid.  Forgot it was "casual Friday."  haha! 

I like the Fed Ex ad with the 2 women whose bookstore has a lot of sales on-line, perhaps due to a conspiracy theory about book-buying aliens.  Both women are funny & the Fed Ex guy is cute.  Subtle lunacy is the best kind. 

• Love 5
On 10/21/2017 at 9:25 PM, voiceover said:

Here's the Burger King ad about bullying.

The "staff" are pretty funny.  And the two customers who stepped up told what's probably a universal truth about it: If it happened to you, you're more likely to interfere.

Of all the things in life... Burger King commercials making me feel feelings.

Not because of the stupid "bullied burger" idea. Dude, anyone is going to complain if their food looks like it's already been digested. But when that woman just picked up her food and walked over to the table of kids like, "Hey what's up. I wanna see you pull that crap while I'm right here." I hope BK gave her free Whoppers for life.

• Love 5

I love the LG washers ad where the mom asks the little boy why he has to wear the Superman shirt today and he says, "It's my personal style." And she says, "You're five." And he says, "Exactly."

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 3
On 10/24/2017 at 8:42 PM, voiceover said:

I am so living Progressive's "Grown-up Support Group", it's almost embarrassing.  My favorite line is "...telling complete strangers 'Defense wins championships!'"

Because I've done that

I didn't realize texting in complete sentences made me an old man.  Now I realize that out of all the people that send me texts, I'm the only one that does that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Joe Blow said:

I didn't realize texting in complete sentences made me an old man.  Now I realize that out of all the people that send me texts, I'm the only one that does that.

Nope. I do, too. I text in complete sentences and spell out all my words. I'll be damned if I let trendiness erode all the language skills I spent a lifetime building up.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

The only time I don't use complete words is on Twitter, which is limited

I'm not on Twitter, but I can see it requires a special set of skills to be able to condense a cogent thought into a limited number of characters. I salute you for your ingenuity. Cheers!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Joe Blow said:

I think it must depend on social groups, because I've read that using textspeak makes you an old person.  (I guess because people who've had qwerty keyboards the entire time they've been texting to have never had a need to.)

17 hours ago, Joe Blow said:

It annoys me when someone texts (or even worse, on FB types) U instead of "you."  What, those extra two letters take too much of your (UR) precious time?  Now, get off my lawn!

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

It annoys me when someone texts (or even worse, on FB types) U instead of "you."  What, those extra two letters take too much of your (UR) precious time?  Now, get off my lawn!

Me, too!  I always use correct spelling and grammar EVEN ON TWITTER.  If I run out of characters, I simply shorten the sentence.  (Old)

• Love 14
On 11/4/2017 at 7:53 PM, Stella Rose said:

This is quite possibly the best ad I have ever seen.  I only saw it once, but it's perfect.  "Paper Airplanes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAfoLlaTTMU

I'll be the bad guy and say that I think it's an awful ad. 

I was too young to remember my father's service in the Army, But my family has a military history, and, while they may not tell the whole truth about the dangers faced by a parent on deployment, they don't lie to their kids.

There is no Santa Claus delivering messages over a fence. I mean seriously, why did the mom let this fiction go on? She could have sent the damn notes herself.

(Wow, that sounds awfully harsh.)

• Love 3
14 hours ago, xaxat said:

I'll be the bad guy and say that I think it's an awful ad. 

I was too young to remember my father's service in the Army, But my family has a military history, and, while they may not tell the whole truth about the dangers faced by a parent on deployment, they don't lie to their kids.

There is no Santa Claus delivering messages over a fence. I mean seriously, why did the mom let this fiction go on? She could have sent the damn notes herself.

(Wow, that sounds awfully harsh.)

I had the same reaction!  Deceit is never good even if well intended.  

• Love 1
On 10/24/2017 at 11:42 PM, voiceover said:

I am so living Progressive's "Grown-up Support Group", it's almost embarrassing.  My favorite line is "...telling complete strangers 'Defense wins championships!'"

Because I've done that

And it does.  As the lady next to him agrees.

This ad is perfect--calling all kids "Chief, "  wearing the free hat.  Bitching about the utilities---which is near and dear to my heart because I constantly walk around turning off blazing lights in uninhabited rooms and complaining every step of the way.  And don't get me started on the water running while teeth are being brushed.   The one with the guy turning into his mom is cute but not as funny as the support group.

• Love 4

I like the new Publix Thanksgiving ad which shows an extended family preparing a sumptuous meal, enjoying it together capped with a scene of a grandmother reading one last story to her eager granddaughter who begs for one more. Refreshing to see a commercial with a family where there are no fights or put downs and actually seem like folks one would like to know!

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:52 AM, mojoween said:

I don’t really like Arby's sandwiches but I do like Ving Rhames and apparently I also like Arby’s ad writers because “the only holiday where you deep-fry the mascot” is fucking funny.

I actually really like Arby's, and I like the sense of humor they have with their ads. On their menu, fries and things are listed under "Friends of Meat."

• Love 18

Phhht.  Wild child.  My son's cat once got caught in the space between the upstairs floor and the subfloor (ceiling of the first floor).  We had to cut a hole in the floor to get him out.  He knows how to get into trouble.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, xls said:

LOVE IT!

I like the ad, but what does the dust the guy picks up have to do with the cat and the fur it sheds? My best guess is that they were aiming for some kind of "don't have your cat be your dust mop" theme, but they missed the mark.

• Love 1

I don’t really like Arby's sandwiches but I do like Ving Rhames and apparently I also like Arby’s ad writers because “the only holiday where you deep-fry the mascot” is fucking funny.

I do like Arby's (I particularly like their French dip sandwiches) and their commercials always make me smile. Jon Stewart would always bad mouth Arby's on "The Daily Show" but on the night on his last broadcast as host, Arby's ran an ad in which Ving Rhames sounded tearful about Jon's departure.

• Love 6

I suffer because of how nearly every product is now "scented," from trash bags to topical prescription pain cream (fragrances have given me hives, migraines, and nausea my entire life). My place of work is a place of aerosol assault from customers, coworkers, and custodians. When my selfless daughter dropped everything to help me through chemotherapy and surgery, I could barely tolerate her presence because she had washed all of her clothes in New Tide With Febreze, which prompted me to find a contact-us form on the Febreze website and write them a scathing missive about their thoughtless cruelty in their effort to grow rich by creating a brand of unforgettable odors. 
So, although I would never use the product in this commercial, I love the commercial itself because it shows they have heard my and others' cries. I especially love the person breaking through the wall.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I suffer because of how nearly every product is now "scented," from trash bags to topical prescription pain cream (fragrances have given me hives, migraines, and nausea my entire life). My place of work is a place of aerosol assault from customers, coworkers, and custodians. When my selfless daughter dropped everything to help me through chemotherapy and surgery, I could barely tolerate her presence because she had washed all of her clothes in New Tide With Febreze, which prompted me to find a contact-us form on the Febreze website and write them a scathing missive about their thoughtless cruelty in their effort to grow rich by creating a brand of unforgettable odors. 
So, although I would never use the product in this commercial, I love the commercial itself because it shows they have heard my and others' cries. I especially love the person breaking through the wall.

Ironically, when Febreze was first marketed, it had no scent and  sales tanked.  It was only after they added scents to it that it sold well.

From Wikipedia:

The product, initially marketed as a way to get rid of unpleasant smells, sold poorly until P&G realised that people become accustomed to smells in their own homes, and stop noticing them even when they are overpowering (like the smell of several cats in a single household). The marketing then switched to linking it to pleasant smells and good cleaning habits instead, which resulted in a massive increase in sales. Only after the product became well established in the marketplace did the marketing go back to emphasising odor elimination properties as well.

• Love 4