Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

One of my favorite commericals of all time is for a Canadian company - Danier Leather

Love the song as well.  Read that Danier won't allow it to be released or for the artist to make a longer play version.

• Love 1

I love this one. And having spent so many years in the advertising biz, I can tell you that the agency was probably having a major squee over this. A great commercial! but it costs a mint to produce. We've got big name talent, copyright, complicated set and shoot....What? No problem you say? Budget approved?

Wasn't that supposed to imbed?

Edited by Rogaine2233
  • Love 1

Another favorite of mine is the Visa Check Card commercial that is set in a pet store.

Love it when the clerk picks up the phone to call in for approval and he picks up a bunny instead.

• Love 1

For me the commercials that work best are usually the ones that don't have a ton of dialogue. Generally the dialogue is where a commercial makes me want to shoot the TV. This old Geico one has almost no dialogue but it works really well for me because a) I'm always a fan of a complex high five ritual and b) I'm pretty sure squirrels do try to mess with humans.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I listen to an internet oldies radio station at work, and every time they play "Rock Me Gently," all I can think of is this Jeep commercial with the singing animals:

The "Dude, so uncalled for!" look the guy shoots at the wolf when he eats the bird cracks me up.

• Love 5

We saw the Geico camel in the theater recently. I actually like him too...much more than the pig...but he can get grating. The fact that my teenaged son can do a pitch perfect imitation of him probably doesn't help. He's in college, but every Wednesday, I get a call. WHAT DAY IS IT?

I'm on my iPad so the mobile link is what comes up, but maybe this will work for the Mercedes commercial. If not, mods...help??

Edited by Rogaine2233

I should really hate the Geico camel commercial but I just can't help myself.   The only thing that ruins it is the the two banjo playing dorks at the end.  Hopefully they have run their course, but the camel can hang around in small doses.   BTW, the camel's name isn't Mike.....he's addressing Mike.  In my head, his name is Joe.....Joe Cool,  And part of the reason he's so happy is because he finally found a job after being out of work for a decade when the government forced Camel Cigarettes to fire him.

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 4

I listen to an internet oldies radio station at work, and every time they play "Rock Me Gently," all I can think of is this Jeep commercial with the singing animals:

The "Dude, so uncalled for!" look the guy shoots at the wolf when he eats the bird cracks me up.

IIRC they had another one using Jonathan Edwards' "Sunshine(Go Away Today)".

You're very welcome, lucindabelle and shlbycindyk! It's an older commercial; I haven't seen it on TV in years, but I love it to pieces.

IIRC they had another one using Jonathan Edwards' "Sunshine(Go Away Today)".

Ooh! Now I have to try to find that, haha. I love that song, too!

I don't watch football so it wasn't until recently I saw the "Moink!" Super Bowl ad. I'm putting it here in an effort to rid myself of its ear-wormy mojo.

Talking food - always so disturbing!  Wonder if he's the product of the California Happy Cow (Kristen?) and Maxwell the Geico Pig?

Edited by Lola16

It's totally sappy, but the guy who raises the Clydesdale horses for Budweiser always tears me up. And then this year, they came out with the sequel with the impossibly cute puppy.

Flove that ad.  Puppies and Clydesdales!  Too bad Bud tastes like warm pee.  Not that I'd know. 

• Love 2

It's totally sappy, but the guy who raises the Clydesdale horses for Budweiser always tears me up. And then this year, they came out with the sequel with the impossibly cute puppy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4

Love the commerical, LOATHE the song. Please tell me the name of the act/person/band who sings that so I can make a note NEVER to buy their records/ see them in concert and also have them hunted down and shot.

Also, how do you code a Youtube video so it embeds rather than the link showing up?

And do you have any chocolate cream pie?

Edited by TheGongOfDoom
  • Love 5

Love the commerical, LOATHE the song? Please tell me the name of the act/person/band who sings that so I can make a note NEVER to buy their records/ see them in concert and also have them hunted down and shot.

Also, how do you code a Youtube video so it embeds rather than the link showing up?

And do you have any chocolate cream pie?

To embed a youtube video, just paste the link in the thread without using the "link" button -- it will automatically embed the video.

I'm going to start a thread about the Music in Commercials as I've found songs in ads that I love as well as ones that make me want to gouge my ears out with a spork.

Fleetwood Mac "Landslide" was in the original spot. I really like that song. I didn't mind this one, but it didn't have sentimental meaning for me on top of the commercial like the Fleetwood Mac song.

It took me a few tries because I'm posting from an iPad, but apparently the forum won't recognize the mobile URL. If that's your problem, just take out the "m." when you copy paste the URL and the video should embed.

I don't watch football so it wasn't until recently I saw the "Moink!" Super Bowl ad. I'm putting it here in an effort to rid myself of its ear-wormy mojo.

Christ. Why not take the final step and make the goddamned bun out of bacon.

I have NEVER understood how bacon became "A THING." 

• Love 1

This is a classic from 1981 (a time when new commercial campaigns would sometimes run to a full minute). I still recall it fondly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waRsphBoTts

I remember watching it with my father, himself a director of commercials (and therefore inclined to be cynical and analytical about them), and at the end he said "Isn't it the damnedest thing? They break your heart over their stupid hamburgers."

• Love 4

I should really hate the Geico camel commercial but I just can't help myself. The only thing that ruins it is the the two banjo playing dorks at the end. Hopefully they have run their course, but the camel can hang around in small doses. BTW, the camel's name isn't Mike.....he's addressing Mike. In my head, his name is Joe.....Joe Cool, And part of the reason he's so happy is because he finally found a job after being out of work for a decade when the government forced Camel Cigarettes to fire him.

Actually, the camels name is Caleb.

My all-time favorite is the little girl who says "Thank you mommy for my Fathead."  I chuckle every time she's on.

Small world story.  About 2-3 years ago I was recruited by Fathead to head up their advertising unit.  They wanted to make Fathead a household name.  It would have required a move to MI.  I went to school briefly in MI.  I declined the interview.

I am completely obsessed with that esurance commercial. If only it was polite to say "I unfriend you" in real life...

Otherwise, my favorite commercial of all time is this Nextel one from 2005:

• Love 5

I am completely obsessed with that esurance commercial. If only it was polite to say "I unfriend you" in real life...

Otherwise, my favorite commercial of all time is this Nextel one from 2005:

WGN's weather team did a nice version:

• Love 2

Please tell me the name of the act/person/band who sings that so I can make a note NEVER to buy their records/ see them in concert and also have them hunted down and shot.

ispot.tv is better than imdb for ads - it's got actors, songs, and the ads themselves. The "Puppy Love" song is Let Her Go by Passenger

Kodak's Daddy's Little Girl commercial.

I still remember my dad, who gave his sappy gene to me, tearing up the first time he saw it. I did as well, while my mom & sister rolled their eyes at us.

• Love 3

Was it FedEx or another delivery company that had the commercial many years ago with a French driver sitting in a cafe sneering about the "bourgeois businessmen waiting for their packages"?  Whatever company it was for, I loved it.  In my family, we will still adopt a bad French accent and use that line at random times.

• Love 2