Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Yeah, bullshit twice.  Of course he does that, as his character AND the actor:  He CHUCKLES.  Seriously, men who think this way and behave this way, will end up alone.

But to me, it sounds like it's the meanest thing this guy dares to do as a husband and father. In every other way, he's helpful and supportive, but his family sometimes takes advantage of him. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, topanga said:

I love the commercial for Fiber One bars with the woman in her she-shed. She's a little annoying, but when she called the shed a no-bra zone, the camera cut away to a hook with a bra on it. Hilarious. 

It super bums me out that this woman doesn't feel comfortable taking off her bra in the rest of her house.

9 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I like everything about this except the announcer line, "Wouldn't it be great if everyone said what they meant?," because the commercial demonstrates how much it would suck if everyone said what they meant. So the logic isn't quite right. A better line perhaps would be, “It’s rare that people say what they mean these days. We do!” Or maybe, "What if people said what they meant? We do!"

I hate those commercials because the people aren't saying what they mean, they're saying what they are thinking.  Those are two completely different things.

13 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm loving the Kia (?) commercial with the little critter escaping the hospital nursery & parachutes into the sun roof of the new Kia (?).

Kia Soul Turbo - love all the Kia Soul ads with the hamsters. (They are hamsters, aren't they?)

• Love 4
15 hours ago, janie jones said:

It super bums me out that this woman doesn't feel comfortable taking off her bra in the rest of her house.

Srsly. My entire house is a bra-free zone, and any husband who objects... oh, come on, what husband is going to object?

• Love 6
On 8/28/2017 at 11:31 AM, Brattinella said:

That is the reason I hate the dad.

I absolutely HATE that guy. He has this smug ass look on his face that makes me crazy. I thought the putter thing was amusing and you can see that that was said in a totally different tone than leaving the seat up. Doing that on purpose to be an asshole is, well, assholish.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I absolutely HATE that guy. He has this smug ass look on his face that makes me crazy. I thought the putter thing was amusing and you can see that that was said in a totally different tone than leaving the seat up. Doing that on purpose to be an asshole is, well, assholish.

My final comment about this dad is that he acts like if he feels slighted one more time, he might snap and kill the whole family.

• Love 3

Oddly enough, I like the new Orbit gum one in which this teen girl's parents come home early and are about to walk into her room- at which point her swain insists she hand him his jeans. The swain sees the gum in his jeans's pocket then puts a piece in his mouth. Next thing we see   he introduces himself to the parents as Tom- shirtless but wearing his underwear OVER his jeans but her parents oddly smile at him!  How (or why) he'd have put on his underwear over the jeans in the moments it took for her father to open the door is a bit puzzling, though. LOL

On 8/28/2017 at 3:41 PM, Milburn Stone said:

I like everything about this except the announcer line, "Wouldn't it be great if everyone said what they meant?," because the commercial demonstrates how much it would suck if everyone said what they meant. So the logic isn't quite right. A better line perhaps would be, “It’s rare that people say what they mean these days. We do!” Or maybe, "What if people said what they meant? We do!"

As per Law & Order:

"Isn't it great when people say what they feel?"
Lennie Briscoe: "Yeah, I tried that with my first wife."

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

And they say, "FEWER doctor visits" not less.

I haven't clicked the link yet, but I already approve. Personal pet peeve, and my entire family knows the rule because I've been yelling it at the TV for years.

• Love 7
On 8/29/2017 at 3:35 PM, Ohwell said:

My final comment about this dad is that he acts like if he feels slighted one more time, he might snap and kill the whole family.

Wow. All I see is the humor in a TV commercial. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 22
10 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Wow. All I see is the humor in a TV commercial. 

Same here. A deliberately goofy bit of venting, knowing he can say whatever he wants (not necessarily true) because nobody's listening anyway.

• Love 14

I never got much of a vibe from the guy in the All-State commercial that leaves the seat up -- he probably does do it, but I've always thought it was gross people don't close the lid, too.  Plus, not to start this whole thing again, but that is BY FAR the most equitable way.

He's just saying it because his wife isn't paying attention to him, and his whole family just sits there completely self-absorbed, playing with their phones, playing games, watching movies, doing whatever, while he probably always has to drive.

• Love 7

Me too. My favorite is the vampire couple with the wife trying not to lose her temper on the customer service call.

Wife (on hold again, covers the receiver and mutters to her husband): I want to bite this guy so bad right now.

Husband: You'd make him immortal.

Wife: Oh, right.

• Love 5

This one is old. I found it on YT about a month ago while looking for commercials for something else. It's a favorite because it features one of my favorite soap actors and his butt prominently in two scenes. 

43 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It's a favorite because it features one of my favorite soap actors and his butt prominently in two scenes. 

Although I only watched one soap then, I received Soap Opera Digest and thus had a passing familiarity with many more, but I don't recognize anyone -- who is that?

I hate tighty-whities.  There's an episode of Remington Steele in which Pierce Brosnan is sporting them, and I take the fact even he looks ridiculous in them as definitive proof they ruin everyone.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Couldn't stand it. I wanted to hit the Little Caesar's guy. He was just annoying lol.

Sorry, you misunderstood my post; I loved the guy calling out the special snowflake kid.

12 hours ago, Bastet said:

Although I only watched one soap then, I received Soap Opera Digest and thus had a passing familiarity with many more, but I don't recognize anyone -- who is that?

Don Diamont who played Brad Carlton on Y&R and now plays Bill Spencer on B&B.

• Love 1

I am smiling ear to ear every time I see the Subaru commercial with the gal and her boyfriend and the dog. The dog hates the guy and growls at him, lies on his side of the bed, and the guy says "he hates my guts." Then they are at some camp site or something and the guy puts his jacket on the girl because she is cold. The doggie comes over and puts his head on the leg of the boyfriend and they all look so happy. I'm smiling just typing this. What a GREAT commercial.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 19

I love the Amazon Prime Commercial where the baby is afraid of the family pet, a golden retriever but loves stuffed lions. The dog is sad because he/she can't bond with the baby so the dad finds a lion mane on Amazon, orders it for the dog and puts it on him.  When the baby sees the dog with the mane she is no longer afraid because he resembles a lion. Very cute commercial. ?

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Enero said:

I love the Amazon Prime Commercial where the baby is afraid of the family pet, a golden retriever but loves stuffed lions. The dog is sad because he/she can't bond with the baby so the dad finds a lion mane on Amazon, orders it for the dog and puts it on him.  When the baby sees the dog with the mane she is no longer afraid because he resembles a lion. Very cute commercial. ?

I agree. I remember people on this thread discussing the commercial and saying they hated the mean baby. LOL 

• Love 3

And it's scored by that Arielle Paul song, "You and Me", which is a perfect marriage of mood to lyric.  I love this ad!

Here I should point out that a dog would worry over not being accepted by the family baby, but a cat wouldn't give a rat's ass.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, voiceover said:

Here I should point out that a dog would worry over not being accepted by the family baby, but a cat wouldn't give a rat's ass.

I don't know -- certain cats might actually give a rat's ass. ;-)

• Love 4