Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, riley702 said:

HA! People have been bitching about that one, as one more childhood memory gets turned into a commercial.

I know - not the 1st time the same commercial has been discussed in the "favorite" thread and the "annoying" thread.  Proof that mileage does vary.

• Love 2

Every weekend I laugh at this commercial, which I see numerous times while watching football, and every weekend I forget to mention it here.  I love the State Farm ad with Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews, when Rodgers attempts to take out a fly with a golf club and winds up taking out his windows instead.  And it's all because of Matthews -- him asking, with mouth full of food, "Well, did you get it?" and waving the broom around in the background in the final shot, trying to shoo the fly out the busted window, are my favorite parts.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Bastet said:

Every weekend I laugh at this commercial, which I see numerous times while watching football, and every weekend I forget to mention it here.  I love the State Farm ad with Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews, when Rodgers attempts to take out a fly with a golf club and winds up taking out his windows instead.  And it's all because of Matthews -- him asking, with mouth full of food, "Well, did you get it?" and waving the broom around in the background in the final shot, trying to shoo the fly out the busted window, are my favorite parts.

The other one with Rodgers stuff being on fire is funny too.  Well, not that his stuff is literally on fire, but the contrasting dialog is funny.

• Love 1
On 11/27/2016 at 8:14 PM, theredhead77 said:

The Toyota compassion commercial punched me right in the feels. Most everyone who played sports has been at the crap end of a bad call but in the end refs are people too. Offering the ref a ride doesn't mean the team can't pursue recourse later and it's teaching sportsmanship instead of vengeance.

https://ispot.tv/a/ACFb

"Guys...make some room."

*sniff*

• Love 3
On 11/27/2016 at 9:14 PM, theredhead77 said:

The Toyota compassion commercial punched me right in the feels. Most everyone who played sports has been at the crap end of a bad call but in the end refs are people too. Offering the ref a ride doesn't mean the team can't pursue recourse later and it's teaching sportsmanship instead of vengeance.

The only thing that bugged me about that one is the guy accepted the ride and didn't close the hood to his car before getting in. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
On 11/27/2016 at 10:14 PM, theredhead77 said:

That dad taught those boys a hell of a lot with those 4 words.  

• Love 6
On 11/30/2016 at 1:00 PM, SoSueMe said:

I just can't help it, I love the Geico raccoons.

"Dog!" All chime in as they ferret-lope away: "dog, dog, dog, dog"

Edited by riley702
because they don't really waddle
  • Love 11

Everything about that raccoon commercial makes me laugh:

"You gotta try it, it's terrible."
"I don't want to try it if it's terrible."

"It's like mango chutney and burnt hair."

"I have a very sensitive palate."

If you taste something bad, you want someone else to try it.  It's what you do.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, janie jones said:

That's a sweet commercial.  But also, the kid just walks up and asks for a cookie and they give him one?

Good point. The mom was right there with her shopping cart; maybe there was an off screen nod from her to the person behind the counter.

On November 23, 2016 at 10:52 PM, mmecorday said:

The music in this ad is what makes it and I love the old man doing the belly flop fake out before executing a perfect dive:

I thought maybe the "flop fake out" served to slow his fall so he wouldn't get injured hitting the water at too fast of a speed.

On 12/3/2016 at 9:30 PM, Silver Raven said:

Apparently Arconic is the new name for Alcoa.

They are two separate companies:

"Alcoa Inc. officially split into two entities Tuesday, as the aluminum giant and onetime member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average separated its beleaguered raw-aluminum operation from the businesses that supply the aerospace and automotive markets.

"In trading in New York, shares of Alcoa—the spinoff that contains the raw-aluminum operation—rose 7.3% to $23. Shares of Arconic Inc.—the renamed parent company that houses the company’s businesses supplying the aerospace and automotive markets—fell 12% to $18.92."

I think Arconic is an unfortunate name. I think they were going for "iconic," but I see "arsenic."

Edited by ennui
punctuation
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite commercials of all time..."feefty vatts per channel, bebycakes" was a catch phrase where I worked 

That is hilarious, must have been a local chain, I never saw that store or commercial before.

The commercials that run during Vikings (History channel) are pretty funny. They are tailored to the show, so there's a Geico ad with men dressed like Vikings, "raiding" the refrigerator, and there's a Dodge Ram truck commercial with Vikings singing "wheels on the truck go round and round" while towing a Norse vessel. 

Edited by ennui

I saw this one tonight--hadn't seen it for a while. It's the commercial with the overweight kid whose dog is walking on the treadmill. When he calls his grandmother to ask for another grape soda, I love the look she gives the camera. Makes me laugh out loud. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, topanga said:

I saw this one tonight--hadn't seen it for a while. It's the commercial with the overweight kid whose dog is walking on the treadmill. When he calls his grandmother to ask for another grape soda, I love the look she gives the camera. Makes me laugh out loud. 

Little shit - get your own drink. And make it non-soda once in a while! And get off my lawn!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Meeting girls?

Or anyone. The kid looks like he could use a friend. But, I was thinking of the more universal purpose of making sure the dog waters and fertilizes someone else's property, rather than the floor, or even your own property outside.

• Love 3