Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E32: Last Chance For Freedom

Morbs
  • Start Topic

Erin Moriarty really ate that prosecutor for breakfast.  You'd think that mealy mouthed fuck wouldn't be a prosecutor, or that one of his superiors would have realized allowing that schmuck to be interviewed would be a disaster.

• Love 8
(edited)

This show has profiled a lot--a LOT--of prosecutors who have acted in bad faith, but that guy may honestly be the worst they've ever found.

And it wasn't even just that he was willing to double-down on his own conduct, it was also that he just seemed not only dumb, but so proud of dumb he is.

Erin Moriarty is my favorite of the 48 Hours correspondents, and this episode was a perfect example of why.  

Edited by starri
  • Love 4
(edited)

You'd think that mealy mouthed fuck wouldn't be a prosecutor, or that one of his superiors would have realized allowing that schmuck to be interviewed would be a disaster.

He's retired.  He's been retired for a couple of years.  He has /had nothing to lose.   But yes, he looked like an ignorant bigot .

The damn mitochondrial DNA that does not exclude him (even though there is a very logical reason for it to be in the truck) is being misinterpreted by the State and is a real problem for the Defense. Of course, it is his relative's. But the State is not seeing it that way. When Mr White did not share the information given by the first responders, with the Defense, that should have guaranteed a new trial. But it feels like the fix is in. Mr Green needs to be free-and KH should pay for what I truly believe she did.

Edited by rulesoftravel
  • Love 6

Usually, it's the husband who does it. In this case, I'll say it was the girlfriend. I will take into account that it may have been accidental and she was scared but I thInk she is GUILTY. Unfortunately, that doesn't help a man in jail for over 25 years. Erin really did go to town on the former procesecutor. If he was still in office he wouldn't have done that interview. Now, he has nothing to lose.

• Love 2

I didn't realize he wasn't in office anymore, I admit I'm using these boards or FB chat while watching TV like a jerk, so I can miss stuff.  I wonder how pissed people are at him for doing this interview.  Hopefully it stirs up pressure locally.

• Love 2

Usually, it's the husband who does it. In this case, I'll say it was the girlfriend. I will take into account that it may have been accidental and she was scared but I thInk she is GUILTY. Unfortunately, that doesn't help a man in jail for over 25 years. Erin really did go to town on the former procesecutor. If he was still in office he wouldn't have done that interview. Now, he has nothing to lose.

I didn't realize he wasn't in office anymore, I admit I'm using these boards or FB chat while watching TV like a jerk, so I can miss stuff.  I wonder how pissed people are at him for doing this interview.  Hopefully it stirs up pressure locally.

I think that preosecutor was a very calculating man. He tried to come across as a bumbling old guy, but I think he knows (and knew) full well that he was screwing Mr. Green over.  It almost seemed like he was protecting Kim (because I do believe she is guilty of something.  I think she could have murdered her boyfriend or it was an accident, At the very least, she's guilty of filing a false report and perjury if she testified in court.  As for the prosecutor, it's too bad his ass can't be cenured since he's retired.  Hopefully, all his old cases will be opened and examined.  He's already on the hook for two wrongful convictions.  This case would be a third, and I bet there's more than three.

• Love 2

I think that preosecutor was a very calculating man. He tried to come across as a bumbling old guy, but I think he knows (and knew) full well that he was screwing Mr. Green over.  It almost seemed like he was protecting Kim (because I do believe she is guilty of something.  I think she could have murdered her boyfriend or it was an accident, At the very least, she's guilty of filing a false report and perjury if she testified in court.  As for the prosecutor, it's too bad his ass can't be cenured since he's retired.  Hopefully, all his old cases will be opened and examined.  He's already on the hook for two wrongful convictions.  This case would be a third, and I bet there's more than three.

He may be retired as a prosecutor, but that doesn't mean he can't be censured, if he maintains a law license.  And it wasn't three cases that were hinky, it was four.

I was also surprised to discover that Erin Moriarty is also an attorney who maintains her license.  That may have been why she went at the guy so hard.  I also think I remember her being incredibly tough on the prosecution during her coverage of the West Memphis Three, which was as good as the Paradise Lost series.  She has nine Emmys, and I hope one of them is for that.  Okay, I'm going to stop fanboying now.

• Love 2

I watched this, but I nodded off a few times.  Did they ever explain why Kim wasn't part of this episode?  I mean, I think she's got a closet full of secrets and lies she's hiding, so I wouldn't expect her to cooperate, but I'm just wondering if she ever got any mention. 

There's enough shadiness on that prosecutor's office to at least provide a new trial isn't there?  THREE other wrongful convictions by the same office/players???  No one did a thorough interview with the GF?  Why not? Was Kim the daughter/niece/current squeeze of someone in that office?   No one paid attention to the investigators' notes and the on-scene officers input was ignored as well?  It smells of corruption and criminal negligence to me. 

• Love 4

I watched this, but I nodded off a few times.  Did they ever explain why Kim wasn't part of this episode?  I mean, I think she's got a closet full of secrets and lies she's hiding, so I wouldn't expect her to cooperate, but I'm just wondering if she ever got any mention. 

She refused to speak with the current update, but when she was contacted when Moriarty originally investigated the case in 1999, she gave them a written statement that said something to the effect of "Crosley and I know what happened that night, and deep down, Crosley knows he's where he's supposed to be."

• Love 1

Every time I see episodes like this one I find myself more and more disillusioned by our justice system.

Because if it can be proven these people knew he was innocent and put him in jail anyway?  They should all be sentenced to life in prison themselves for that alone.

• Love 7

Because if it can be proven these people knew he was innocent and put him in jail anyway?  They should all be sentenced to life in prison themselves for that alone.

And Kim, as well. Can somebody enlighten me on why/how there's an assumption that if she did the killing, she was "scared" or it was "accidental"? Aside from the suspicion of her and the victim being high, it sounds like naively thinking women can't kill anybody without a giant asterisk attached. Not that we really know much about her, since the entire investigation was sloppy from top to bottom.

• Love 3