Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: The Next In The Last

When the Jeffersonian team discovers remains of a victim, and elements of the crime scene point to a possible protege of serial killer Christopher Pelant, they must revisit their prior work on Pelant while tracing new clues that will hopefully lead them to the copycat killer. Meanwhile, Angela is skeptical about her and Hodgins decision to move to Paris and Brennan and Booth contemplate options outside of the Jeffersonian and FBI.

Note: As the description elaborates on the prior episode's blurb regarding Hodgins and Angela, I am going to tag this. Usually, I do not put up more than one episode in advance, but since there are just two left and both descriptions are out, I figured I would do so and that way I won't forget - as I very nearly did with the episode that just previously aired.

And with this one, S10 is in the history books.

Hey, you know who could use some damn money, Hodgins? How about sliding a couple bucks directly to Wendell because he was barely able to afford grad school even before the cancer (and thus medical bills). Then worry about curing cancer altogether. 

• Love 5

I will say I missed the first ten minutes, but I saw a clip online about Booth and Brennan talking at the counter about their job offers.  Did I miss anything else? Like a smile between the two? A kiss? A pat on the head?  A hint of affection?

Hey, you know who could use some damn money, Hodgins? How about sliding a couple bucks directly to Wendell because he was barely able to afford grad school even before the cancer (and thus medical bills). Then worry about curing cancer altogether. 

Or whatever the Cantilever Group funded in the past. They never elaborated (to my recollection) as to what the Cantilever Group actually did but I do recall part of their money went to the Jeffersonian. Or taking really good care of his brother too.

• Love 1
(edited)

According to my program guide and the Fox website, the title was not 'The End in the End' but rather 'The Next in the Last'. They may have retitled it given that it wasn't a series finale after all.

Edited by david gideon

According to my program guide and the Fox website, the title was not 'The End in the End' but rather 'The Next in the Last'. They may have retitled it given that it wasn't a series finale after all.

Huh! Must have been renamed since this was the title at the database site. :-)

But since Fox has it changed, I'll edit. Thanks for the heads up!

You know, the show might actually be more interesting without Bones and Booth. Most shows just plain die when they try to go on after the lead(s) leave. But I could imagine this show actually improving. I think the writing is very stale and probably everyone is totally burned out and ready to move on, but if they actually wanted to actually go this direction, there are characters on the show who have lots of undeveloped potential. Aubrey, for instance, had what was probably his best scene so far, this week, when he took over in the interrogation room. And all the squints of course.

I felt kind of bad about Angela and Hodgins not really being on the same page and having to choose between dreams. Can't they split their time or something? It shouldn't be either/or.

• Love 2

When Hodgins said to make the money disappear Mrs Boiler yelled WHATT?!?!?!  IDIOT!!!  AT LEAST KEEP A BILLION!!!!

Other than that it was pretty meh - it would have been decent if it was the series finale.

Almost turned it off with 20 minutes left to go because netflix texted me to let me know OITNB was on - Mrs Boiler made me finish it.

• Love 1

Dammit, Caroline. You are too awesome.

I did love Aubrey's takedown of the slimy corporate guy even if the beginning of his rant was written a little clunky.

Word on both counts. Really liked this episode for the most part. It was a nice return to form. And dammit Brennan... she made me proud this ep. She's grown so much.

As others have said, that would have been a really lame series finale. 

If this show is really running on fumes - and from the looks of the 'acting' and writing, it certainly seems to be -- it would be nice if the next, last season would actually take some chances and break from the same-old-same-old format. 

• Love 2

As others have said, that would have been a really lame series finale. 

If this show is really running on fumes - and from the looks of the 'acting' and writing, it certainly seems to be -- it would be nice if the next, last season would actually take some chances and break from the same-old-same-old format. 

Agreed on parts. I didn't think the acting was all that bad in this episode tbh.

I hate to be one of those people who  knew it was her.  No I don't.  I knew it was her.  First scene.  It's her.   

This episode was uneventful.  I don't keep up with the renewal news, so I didn't know if this was the end the end or just the season finale.  I assume when they filmed it, they didn't know if this was the end the end or not. 

I can't believe they couldn't think of anything better to do than drudge up Pelant again.  That guy's story went way past its expiration date.  It was always a big let down when he got away.  

I knew when they found the money that Hodgins would get it back.  I didn't know how exactly.  I didn't expect him not to take it.  He had 4 billion in hidden money.  He could have made all the anonymous donations his little heart desired.  His money would have been served better if he hired his own team to find a cure for cancer.  It might actually get cured then.  

I didn't understand the video tape.  What is the history of it that Angela knew it would have some codes on it?  I must have been distracted when I remembered that Daisy should have stayed fired the first time they fired her.  At least Daisy 2.0 wasn't in this episode.  

• Love 1

I didn't understand the video tape.  What is the history of it that Angela knew it would have some codes on it?

The videotape was a movie called Strange Brew, a 1983 Canadian comedy about Bob and Doug McKenzie, characters from SCTV.

I'm not sure why Daisy  thought no one would look at that - it was hilarious.