Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Jeremy London/David & Jackie Siegel

The cold bitch was taking selfies at her child's funeral. I bet it's business as usual for her.

Poor Victoria. I feel so bad for all of those kids. I hope this prompts an investigation by child services.

• Love 2

I was a nanny for 10 years for a loving family so I don't think that because someone has a nanny they don't love their kids. Thing that stinks is once the kids are grown the nanny is out even though you gave them all the love & caring you had. OL

Thank you! Yes, the Siegels were ridiculous in having the nannies raise their kids 24/7 but most families use nannies and day care because both parents have to work, then after work is family time (and weekends). I am tired of working parents getting shamed because they have to provide for their families. Not all of us are lucky to live in an affordable area (try surviving in southern Cali on a single income). I think once work is done, parents come home and do the parenting- dinner, homework, bed time routine, etc. When nannies do that work as well, then it starts to become neglectful. Those poor kids.

• Love 3

I see nothing wrong with having a nanny, but Jackie did not employ nannies because she had a job to get to or college classes to take. She had nannies because she did not want to raise her children full-time. She wanted to shop and party instead. I remember one of the housekeepers in the doc saying that the children would come to her when they had a problem. One of the children was even sleeping in her bed every night which went way beyond the housekeeper's job description.

I saw the funeral pictures on the Daily Mail and I personally don't feel comfortable judging how anyone is grieving. I was a little surprised to see the kind of casket they chose with Victoria though. Seemed like one of those bare bones caskets a funeral home might offer if you were struggling financially.

• Love 1

Thank you! Yes, the Siegels were ridiculous in having the nannies raise their kids 24/7 but most families use nannies and day care because both parents have to work, then after work is family time (and weekends). I am tired of working parents getting shamed because they have to provide for their families. Not all of us are lucky to live in an affordable area (try surviving in southern Cali on a single income). I think once work is done, parents come home and do the parenting- dinner, homework, bed time routine, etc. When nannies do that work as well, then it starts to become neglectful. Those poor kids.

Jackie was not working and surely wasn't going to school. I think the comments were directed at people, like her, who leave their children 24/7 to the nannies, not the people who truly need the services of a nanny or daycare.

• Love 2

Jackie was not working and surely wasn't going to school. I think the comments were directed at people, like her, who leave their children 24/7 to the nannies, not the people who truly need the services of a nanny or daycare.

There was someone that mentioned that every household should have one parent staying at home so it was directed more at that. I know that there are people like Jackie that use nannies and are socialites that don't spend time with their children (which suck).

(edited)

I saw the funeral pictures on the Daily Mail and I personally don't feel comfortable judging how anyone is grieving. I was a little surprised to see the kind of casket they chose with Victoria though. Seemed like one of those bare bones caskets a funeral home might offer if you were struggling financially.

Are either of the Siegels Jewish? It's a common custom in Judaism for caskets to be pretty basic.

"Jewish tradition is to bury the person without a coffin; if a coffin is mandatory by local law, tradition dictates choosing a simple one." http://www.shamash.org/lists/scj-faq/HTML/faq/11-06-05.html

ETA: a quick Google search shows me that David Siegel is Jewish and he & Jackie had a Jewish ceremony when they married.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic