Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Shannon L.

Jaws (1975): 40 anniversary special release! (2 days only)

I am pretty sure that the Indianapolis story had only been fully declassified a few years earlier, so this film was the first time many people had ever heard of it.

• Useful 1

22 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I love that it was such a well done movie that there wasn't much to pick on. 

Seriously! They had to use scenes from JAWS II to “show” how many people were killed when there weren’t that many in the first one! And had to edit in clips from the horrible fourth and last one, plus other movies!😝😆

Just leave the good ones alone! Not every movie has to be treated to their kind of satirical critique, as this one proves.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seriously! They had to use scenes from JAWS II to “show” how many people were killed when there weren’t that many in the first one! And had to edit in clips from the horrible fourth and last one, plus other movies!😝😆

Just leave the good ones alone! Not every movie has to be treated to their kind of satirical critique, as this one proves.

Although the part where they call out the mayor as the worst villain ever for opening up the beaches and endangering the lives of everyone for the economy was spot-on. Gee, why does that seem so familiar now...

• Like 4

The whole Hooper vs the Mayor debate over closing the beaches takes on takes on a whole new context in our current world.

• Like 9

I watched this again recently, and still recognize a few extras my sisters and I knew. I grew up outside Boston. I was in high school when this came out and saw it for the first time maybe a year later. My friend's brother had a summer job showing movies at a senior center. One night, he brought the screen, projector and film home, and we all watched Jaws floating on rafts in their pool. Terrifying. If you ever have the chance to go to a screening at a water park, and you have a strong heart, do it. 

On 6/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I read that the Rose Bowl is doing a drive in movie through the month of July  and Jaws is one of those movies.  I just heard about it this morning, the article I read was dated this morning and Jaws is so good that it's the only movie that is already sold out. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I read that the Rose Bowl is doing a drive in movie through the month of July  and Jaws is one of those movies.  I just heard about it this morning, the article I read was dated this morning and Jaws is so good that it's the only movie that is already sold out. 

I wish we had drive ins where I lived. I would SO go if we did and they played this. It's not as if I'll be going to the pool or the beach this summer.

• Like 2

Jaws, is without doubt one of my favourite films, even though it was made before I was even born!

Can't believe its approaching its half-century in just a few years time.