Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Class of Beverly Hills

• Start Topic

Oh man - I think I was a senior in high school when 90210 started, and I legitimately loved it, which is a little horrifying to think of now. And even though it means reliving my shame on a weekly basis, I am very excited for this podcast.

Weirdly, there appears to be a sizable collection of full, network-approved BH 90210 episodes uploaded onto CBS's official YouTube page? There's 80 of them, assembled into a playlist here. I'm sure there are some music edits or missing episodes due to licensing issues, but this should help some people find post-S1 episodes to watch along with (or any episodes to watch along with if you're in a country without Amazon Prime, greetings from Canada!).

I love this. So hilarious. I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on the show.

You just left out what I found to be the weirdest Brenda/Brandon interaction. In the you're cute enough conversation, he remembered the exact thing she wore to a party a few months before. Why? (I never want to know the answer to this).

I think Brandon freaked out with Marianne because he thought he was hanging out with a fellow outsider but she was one of the richest and most popular people in school? Yet, he did not seemed fazed the rest of the time so who knows.

This was my first time watching 90210 (I was a little too young for it when it originally aired). I didn't have high hopes going in, but I was surprised how much I thoroughly enjoyed it. So many regrettable fashion choices! So much bad hair! I kind of can't imagine taking this show seriously, but it is so fun to hate watch. I'm in!

The pilot didn't have Dylan McKay!?

I know I was supposed to like Brenda but I thought she was a brat from the get-go. And so many characters who were in the pilot and never heard from again.

I hope you guys will recap (at least) through their graduation from high school. Because this show is....both brilliant and brilliantly awful.

• Love 1

I was maybe a wee bit too young for this show when it was on, but that never stopped me from watching, and thinking that everyone was just so super-cool. I haven't rewatched it at all really, and just hearing Jason Priestley's smarmy voice in the clips...dear God. No. I love hearing what you all have to say about TV in general, so I'll definitely keep listening.

Sarah's TWOP recap of the pilot episode was so fun the podcast could have been her just reading it out loud.

I was in 7th grade when the show came on. I wanted to be as cool as the 90210 kids when I got to junior year...

• Love 1

I'm loving this podcast! But a little confused about the mocking of "lawyer" being pronounced as "law-yer." "Loyer" is definitely an East Coast affectation -- after all, they practice law, not loy. But other than that, many LOL moments! I can't get enough original 90210.

I live in Minnesota and we pronounce it "loyer." No idea why fellow Minnesotan Brenda would pronounce it differently.

A lot of people say "loyer." It's a commonly accepted mispronunciation. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong or comical about pronouncing the word "lawyer" as "law-yer." Since they practice law.

A lot of people say "loyer." It's a commonly accepted mispronunciation. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong or comical about pronouncing the word "lawyer" as "law-yer." Since they practice law.

I never hear people pronounce it that way. It maybe since it is so ugly "laaa err" I mean that's just some noise, in an accent or mumbling it sounds like a disgruntled cat.

I think I'm one of the only people in my life I hear say foyer "foy yay"

I watched the pilot last week and when Brandon tells the two guys that he and Marianne did something few other guys could handle. Their over the top reaction, and Marianne's own implied lack of virginity, made me think that he'd accidentally implied that they'd had anal. As it became obvious that they just assumed regular sex, which seems like a weird thing for the whole school to have been so awed by, I remembered something from when I'd first watched the episode. I was 13-14 and watched it in my friends house with her much older sister and her boyfriend, and when that scene came on, they both gasped and tittered at what happened, refused to tell us what they were so shocked/amused by. Then after a few minutes, said they'd gotten it wrong and everyone just thought Brandon and Marianne had sex. Obviously they must have made the anal assumption too.

On June 9, 2016 at 2:23 AM, AllyB said:

I watched the pilot last week and when Brandon tells the two guys that he and Marianne did something few other guys could handle. Their over the top reaction, and Marianne's own implied lack of virginity, made me think that he'd accidentally implied that they'd had anal. As it became obvious that they just assumed regular sex, which seems like a weird thing for the whole school to have been so awed by, I remembered something from when I'd first watched the episode. I was 13-14 and watched it in my friends house with her much older sister and her boyfriend, and when that scene came on, they both gasped and tittered at what happened, refused to tell us what they were so shocked/amused by. Then after a few minutes, said they'd gotten it wrong and everyone just thought Brandon and Marianne had sex. Obviously they must have made the anal assumption too.

They did it in a very uncomfortable position...like the back of a Volkswagen.

• Love 2

I was in LA this past week (though we didn't actually go to Beverly Hills).  We did end up eating at the Buffalo Wild Wings and I kept saying "Wild Thing (Wild THING!)" and annoying the crap out of my kids.  #parentperk

• Love 4

The pilot didn't have Dylan McKay!?

I know I was supposed to like Brenda but I thought she was a brat from the get-go. And so many characters who were in the pilot and never heard from again.

I hope you guys will recap (at least) through their graduation from high school. Because this show is....both brilliant and brilliantly awful.

I just watched the pilot. We got the Series DVD as a gift! I was in college at the time. We didn't have valet parking in high school or College. Is this possible in L.a .