Type keyword(s) to search

90210 On The Web

• Start Topic

Not sure if this is the spot to ask, but I don't think this question warrants its own thread. As we see the light at the end of the season 1 tunnel, I am thinking about where I can view the rest of the seasons to keep up with the AWT podcast. It looks like they have them on Hulu, but can someone enlighten me on that? I've never had a Hulu subscription, and I wondered if the "regular" subscription covers the rest of BH, or do you then have to then purchase individual episodes or seasons? After season 1, you can't even buy them on Amazon right now.

I guess DVDs are always an option, but I need more clutter like I need a hole in the head. 

• Love 1

From my (very) limited research it looks like you can watch Season 1 on Hulu for free, but after that you have to sign up for Hulu Plus (which is like $8/month) and that would get you all the rest. Not all just the rest Hulu offers... there's a real life total of 293 episodes, Hulu for some reason has 231 someone with Hulu Plus can probably tell us if whole seasons are missing or if it's random episodes within seasons. I still can't believe it's not available in another way. I'm really close to buying all the DVDs but like you StatMom I just don't want the clutter! I'd gladly buy them all on Amazon if that was an option but yeah, it isn't. Stupid 90210. 

• Love 1

It is random episodes of each season that are missing. About half of the second season is not available, including the EHG Canon episode "The Next 50 Years," sadly. Some seasons, especially later ones, are much closer to complete. Season 3 appears to be complete, season 4 is missing one episode, season 5 is missing three episodes, season 6 is missing five episodes, and I'm not sure about seasons 7-10 because I don't know how many total episodes those seasons have. They're missing a few in the middle and possibly some at the end.

So it really depends on how you feel about the missing episodes versus the DVDs, which don't have that problem. If you do go with Hulu Plus you will have problems keeping up with the season 2 podcasts, so I would advise buying that DVD season at least. The others, maybe not, especially if you want to save money/space.

• Love 2

Thanks! I actually already have S1 and S2 on DVD so I guess I can hold off on the Hulu plus subscription for a while, but it's good to know because if S2 was more complete I'd likely go with that option because at this point honestly I can't even remember the last time I used the DVD player.

• Love 1

I don't know about Hulu, but I know on Netflix, when there is a good number of episodes not available for a television show, it's because of a licensing issue--meaning they (Netflix or whoever made the DVDs, didn't get the rights to the original music.  That's why the music was changed in the DVDs for this show, and why some very good episodes of Quantum Leap are missing from Netflix--no rights to the music.  Maybe the 60 odd episodes missing on Hulu is the same reason?

I don't know about Hulu, but I know on Netflix, when there is a good number of episodes not available for a television show, it's because of a licensing issue--meaning they (Netflix or whoever made the DVDs, didn't get the rights to the original music. That's why the music was changed in the DVDs for this show, and why some very good episodes of Quantum Leap are missing from Netflix--no rights to the music. Maybe the 60 odd episodes missing on Hulu is the same reason?

I believe that is the anwser. But here's what I don't get (as in sincerely I am confused, not I think it's dumb) why these episodes? I've watched the show a lot (I used to love the soap net reruns) about I've re watched about the 1 and 1/2 seasons on Hulu, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is with particular episodes. Most of the music has been replaced from the original run, so what is it about these episodes that presents a problem that can't be solved by replacing the music with stuff they can license like they do in all the other episodes? I'm really asking.

• Love 1