Type keyword(s) to search

Monty's Marathon Diary: Gorilla-Suit Follies

True fact about Debra Winger (I heard her tell Letterman once): she used her salary from playing Wonder Girl to... buy out her contract to play Wonder Girl in future seasons.

Also: in the next episode after this block, "Last of the 2 Dollar Bills," watch for a crossover: the Bureau of Printing and Engraving seen in the ep is the same studio backlot facade as Gotham City Police Headquarters from the 1966 Batman series.

"There is no reasoning with a Nazi."

I think FDR had that needlepointed onto throw pillows to give out at the Yalta Conference.

I can't believe how much of these episodes I remember considering I haven't watched them since I was about seven.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've lurked at this site forever but the Wonder Woman diaries led me to get an account, so I can say: THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS. This is so much fun. I LOVE the Wonder Woman TV show, ridiculous gorilla suits and all. Monty Ashley's sense of humor is well suited toward summarizing it.

As silly as the show can get, the show's Wonder Woman is my favorite version of the character, because she is so kind and compassionate while still giving no quarter to unrepenting bad guys. I think it's most respectful to Marston's original vision of the character (with only slightly fewer bondage references ;) ).

I prefer the 70s era myself, even though it's always fun to watch Wondy beat up Nazis and men in gorilla suits (though she still manages to get some anti-Nazi action on in the 70s). Though there are also some ridiculous plots too (especially toward the end of the 3rd season), the stories feel just slightly more grounded, and I like it because Agent Prince can be a lot more empowered than Yeoman Prince. We see her resourcefulness a little more. Also, brains in jars and disco (I did say only "slightly" grounded).

Edited by DeathQuaker
  • Love 1