Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Lift Off!

• Start Topic

I was watching the season premiere and realized I was sitting there with a big smile on my face. I just love Bill, Jen, Will and Zoey and I'm so happy they're back.

• Love 8
(edited)

I was watching the season premiere and realized I was sitting there with a big smile on my face. I just love Bill, Jen, Will and Zoey and I'm so happy they're back.

OMG, after the recent news about the Duggars - I couldn't agree more. With every word. I just might have to get their book now too. I wasn't going to, because I don't really think there'll be much in it that we didn't already see on the show, but now I just think I will anyway. If for nothing else than the sheer, happy, life-affirming joy of it! Welcome back Bill, Jen, Will & Zoey! We missed you more than you know. :>)

PS - delighted to hear how much progress Will has made with his speech! Attaboy, Will!

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 4

This was me. I taped my other shows and watched this live. I even loved watching them walk the dogs. I was thrilled to see the progress that Will and Zoey made.

I was really intrigued by the simulation for the conjoined twin surgery.

• Love 5
(edited)

This show is such a fun combination of education and charm, different than any other reality show I've ever seen. I loved seeing Zoey and Will go to NASA, they're such bright, fun, energetic kids and with Zoey, suitably cautious about strange, empty, space suits with shiny, mirrored heads. (That would've terrified me at her age too!)

Jen's simulation about the conjoined twins surgery was fascinating and really made me appreciate and respect how important the job she does at the hospital really is.

I was a little concerned at the beginning when they only showed one twin and thought maybe only one that survived the surgery, so I was pleased and relived to see both twins doing well.

I also enjoyed the trip to New York where we found out that Bill is recovering from his surgery nicely and that Jen has a crush on John Cusack! I I have a soft spot for Serendipity too, so I get why she really likes that movie and wanted a snack at Serendipity 3, as I've done that too a few times.

I'm so glad the show is back and taking over for the dreck that was Honey Boo Boo and that clown car uterus family.

Edited by Limelight
  • Love 5
(edited)

This show is such a fun combination of education and charm, different than any other reality show I've ever seen

Yes!  I'm so happy this family is back.  Will is a ray of sunshine and Zoey is so beautiful.  Enjoyed every moment.

Jen and Bill are so inspirational.  Two strong people that really love each other.  Just a pleasure to watch.  

Great season premiere!

Edited by MusicFan85
  • Love 4
(edited)

I live in SouthEast Asia and I'm dying to watch the premiere of the new season. By the way, we're lagging behind by 2 seasons from where I am, but I don't mind watching the replays here. All good with me. I love the Arnold-Klein family! so much!

Edited by iamkarski
  • Love 2

It's funny how they went to Serendipity because I've been there and found it totally overrated, lol. The frozen hot chocolate is like a soft serve Fudgsicle.

Zoe and Will have come so far, especially in their speech. Will is definitely speaking more clearly. I gave the product placement a slight eye roll, but since it's something every other reality show does I'm not going to go all Judge Judy on the Kleins. Jen at work is just awesome to watch. She is truly in her element at that hospital, she loves what she does and it shows. Bill annoyed me when he made the joke about them having sex for the first time. Jen looked taken aback and I don't think she thought it was appropriate. Other than that it was a really cute episode, I live how involved Jen's parents are with the kids.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow! What a change in the kids! So nice to see them flourishing. Their speech is improved, no fussing, hitting, being bossy or defiant. I was convinced last season that Will was going to be a spoiled brat, color me wrong.  Both kids are adorable.

Bill did not seem himself. He looks good but you could see his pain written all over his face. Poor guy, hope it gets better for him. They have been through so much. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy season for all of them!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

Will in the astronaut suit was the most adorable thing ever!!! They probably got it for free but I bet for the average person that would cost a pretty penny. 

I feel bad for the twin with the name Knatalye (pronounced Natalie).  Poor thing got stuck with the 'creative' name and no one will ever be able to spell or pronounce it...

• Love 4
(edited)

Bill's pain is palpable, at least Will and Zoey give him comic refief.

When they were at NASA and had to go up the stairs in order to access the mock up of the space station, you just saw the look of dread on Bill's face.  He knew it was going to hurt, but he made it.

Will finding the key to the Rover and then finding the ignition absolutely cracked me up.  This kid loves wheels, all kinds.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

I watch for Will and Zoey, so I kinda didn't pay any attention to the scenes that they weren't in.  They are adorable and I am so happy that the show is back on, since all of my favorite shows are on hiatus.

I feel bad for Bill.  I hope his back gets better.

• Love 1

i wince every time they show the past hospital scenes of his post-surgery walking.  Makes me hurt!

he is so amazing with the pain though.. I wonder if he's able to keep it in that well when the cameras aren't rolling.

I won't give a generalization of guys... but the ones I know, none of them would be able to handle that pain or at least would expect to be waited on hand and foot by their spouse. lol

• Love 1

i wince every time they show the past hospital scenes of his post-surgery walking.  Makes me hurt!

he is so amazing with the pain though.. I wonder if he's able to keep it in that well when the cameras aren't rolling.

I won't give a generalization of guys... but the ones I know, none of them would be able to handle that pain or at least would expect to be waited on hand and foot by their spouse. lol

I'm betting that after all the surgeries he's had, Bill is a pretty tough nut when it comes to pain. Not that he can handle more of it than others - and not that it isn't awful either. But I imagine his parents didn't coddle him or let him feel too sorry for himself when he was little - and he's learned to put the best face on it that he can. Buck up and get on with things...

• Love 2

I just might have to get their book now too. I wasn't going to, because I don't really think there'll be much in it that we didn't already see on the show, 

Bought it last night and I'm more than halfway through it. I think there's quite a bit in there that we didn't know before, about their early lives.

Enjoyed the episode. Welcome back, little family! 

• Love 3

Not stoked about the Klein family Jell-o commercial in the first segment. Do they really need to resort to product placement?

I would do product placement if I truly loved the product. Why not?

• Love 2

I just started the episode, but I'm bored. The whole Bill at the doctors scene was so long and boring. For a season premier. I really hope Bill gets better, I can't imagine having to deal with that with 2 toddlers, but I wish they would have condensed that, told us what's going on and showed the kids more. Off to watch the rest, glad they're back!

(edited)

First, let me say, I love this show...they are like a breath of fresh air!

However....

Bill....minivan-hater? Really??? Like....anyone with a minivan should be wearing white athletic socks and sandals, living in Florida, or something??  Yeah, I know, they're not for everyone...but he just sounded so....smarmy. 

(Or maybe it's because I have a niece who said the same exact thing, and she's just a b!tch on wheels, and a snob.)  Oh...and maybe because I have a minivan??!!! :)

Edited by OhioMom
  • Love 1

First, let me say, I love this show...they are like a breath of fresh air!

However....

Bill....minivan-hater? Really??? Like....anyone with a minivan should be wearing white athletic socks and sandals, living in Florida, or something??  Yeah, I know, they're not for everyone...but he just sounded so....smarmy. 

(Or maybe it's because I have a niece who said the same exact thing, and she's just a b!tch on wheels, and a snob.)  Oh...and maybe because I have a minivan??!!! :)

Oh yes, Bill made his feelings about mini-vans very clearly known, right after they got Will home. I could easily understand him not wanting one if he was in his 20s and dating etc. But he and Jen were shopping around for a vehicle they could use for the family, something that Jen would be able to get both kids into - by herself - and he was still adamant. No mini-vans. The poor salesman, and I think even Jen, seemed a little frustrated, since it was pretty clear to all that a mini-van with some extra equipment would be perfect for their needs. Oh well, whatever they have now seems to work. They have new vehicles each season, or seem to, which is a little odd IMO. Even people who lease get locked into 2 or 3-year committments.

• Love 1

I am so glad this family is back, and I have to say I was very impressed with the conjoined twins surgery/simulation.  I will have to say I am with Bill on the mini-van hate.  I don't care if other people have them but I was not going to get one, and three kids later still don't lol.  Loved Will in the astronaut suit.

• Love 2

Apparently those extended SUVs are supposed to be the mini-van substitute.  Bill is attached to an image it seems and mini-van is too soccer mom related to fit it.  However, after trying the extended SUV vs the mini-van my daughter was an immediate convert.  The comfort and ease of the passengers are too different.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Apparently those extended SUVs are supposed to be the mini-van substitute.  Bill is attached to an image it seems and mini-van is too soccer mom related to fit it.  However, after trying the extended SUV vs the mini-van my daughter was an immediate convert.  The comfort and ease of the passengers are too different.  

Yes, this was exactly the way I read him too. Mini-vans were way too square and Soccer Mom for him. Can't say I blame him. I have the feeling he'll have an absolutely awesome mid-life crisis car. A red Miata or something...

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 3
(edited)

Zoey is my favorite. She's gotten so adorable and her speech is great. I love that she and her grandpa seem especially close.

I really enjoyed Bill and Jen's story of having almost met for many years. It always amazes me how easily we can grasp our destiny, if only we knew how. They're such a good-looking couple, too - some of those pictures of Bill were smokin'.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2

Loved seeing them all back, and the kids flourishing. Just babbling and learning all the time.  The Jell-O "ad" didn't bother me - it seemed like what I would have done when my kids were learning their letters.  Wouldn't surprise me if the show didn't contact Jell-O after filming and say, "Hey, have we got a deal for you!" I saw Bill and Jen on the Kelly and Michael show last week, and they were asked about being filmed all the time. It seems production is more often invited in to film "interesting" things, rather than just non-stop filming that is spliced and put together. Dog walking not usually an interesting event, but with two toddlers, parents roughly the same size as the kids, and one injured, and THAT becomes a show.  Just day-to-day things that are taken for granted by many of us become real events for this family. Heartwarming and just a little bit hysterical all at the same time.

One of the twins got to go home for Mothers' Day.  It was big news here, but I didn't know Jen had been a part of it. Surgery was back in February.  It is remarkable to me how at ease she is in that environment. What a gift to the medical community.  And to us viewers!

• Love 6

Oh how I love this family. I look forward to it coming back all year. There just so happy and just go with whatever life throws them! Will and Zoey are the cutest little things ever! 

• Love 6

It seems production is more often invited in to film "interesting" things, rather than just non-stop filming that is spliced and put together. Dog walking not usually an interesting event, but with two toddlers, parents roughly the same size as the kids, and one injured, and THAT becomes a show.  Just day-to-day things that are taken for granted by many of us become real events for this family. Heartwarming and just a little bit hysterical all at the same time.

One of the twins got to go home for Mothers' Day.  It was big news here, but I didn't know Jen had been a part of it. Surgery was back in February.  It is remarkable to me how at ease she is in that environment. What a gift to the medical community.  And to us viewers!

Interesting that the surgery was back in February and yet the next episode will be a Christmas episode. It was very cool to be able to see that and I'm glad one twin is already home. 

• Love 1

I am so happy to see that others enjoy this family as much as I do. I keep episodes on my DVR and when I am feeling down I will watch this incredible family and I feel better immediately.

• Love 4

Interesting that the surgery was back in February and yet the next episode will be a Christmas episode. It was very cool to be able to see that and I'm glad one twin is already home. 

Are you sure.....? because one of the last episodes we saw before the mid-season break was halloween and Bill wasn't far after surgery.  He wasn't able to do trick or treating with them and stayed home. 

• Love 1

I think it's true,it's been said that they are pretty selective in what gets filmed, more like they let production know when they want to do something, so as busy as it seems they are it's possible there was a chunk of time not filmed...or things could be aired out of order, that wouldn't surprise me either. I saw the commercial, I'm not sure if it's actually gonna show Christmas tonight or just the holiday season.

Are you sure.....? because one of the last episodes we saw before the mid-season break was halloween and Bill wasn't far after surgery.  He wasn't able to do trick or treating with them and stayed home. 

This was my recollection of the timeline too. Bill's back surgery took place October 2014 - shortly before Halloween.