Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Providence

Is it bad that the whole time Caleb was trying to convince Abe to escape, all I could think about was how stank Abe's breath must be after living in a hole and not brushing his teeth for months? Even his teeth were mossy (yay, makeup people).  Ew.

• Love 2

Finally had the chance to watch the episode. Who would've thunk it in season 1 that Major Hewlett would become one of the most intriguing characters -- and a romantic lead, to boot! It was so satisfying to see him back in his uniform, surrounded by his men, holding Anna in his arms, even though his conflict with Simcoe will only get nastier. 

Speaking of Hewlett, he's an amalgam of several actual historical figures, right? And that means that TPTB can do whatever the heck they wish to do with him? Well, that doesn't bode well for him, but then, if the show is going to be canceled after this one, maybe TPTB will decide to do something drastic -- like, letting the loyalists win! (Or not). 

As someone said upthread, spying on this show seems to be quite one-sided. The dynamics probably would've been better had TPTB made a show where Ben and Andre would be the leads and they throw one (spy) mission after another at each other. Too bad we got to see way too much melodrama and Angst!Washington instead. Sigh.

• Love 1

Lafayette was like a son to him, so Washington's cool response when he kissed his cheeks didn't ring true to me.

Was this the first time they had met? Washington was a lot more receptive to him while they were celebrating the alliance. He kissed Lafayette.

Is it bad that the whole time Caleb was trying to convince Abe to escape, all I could think about was how stank Abe's breath must be after living in a hole and not brushing his teeth for months? Even his teeth were mossy (yay, makeup people).  Ew.

I can't imagine Caleb's breath was much better, heh.

• Love 1

I knew I recognized Lafayette from somewhere. If anyone here watches Person of Interest - he was briefly on the show as Carter's young new partner who was sided with HR initially.

That's who that is!!!  I kept staring at him thinking where have I seen him??   thank you!

I have loved this season.  I agree with Ujio, I wouldn't have thought I would come to love Hewlett but I have.  I was so worried he would die and now I want him and Anna to get together.  She will never be able to be with Abe.  I love to hate Simcoe.  The actor is great in that part.  All the actors are.  I cannot wait for Monday and the new season.  I was telling a friend at work that this show and Person of Interest are the only two shows that have made me start caring for 'bad guys".  The characters develop and our feelings for them change.