Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Let's Face It

• Start Topic

One more thing about Amber that made me side eye her.

"I'm not going to apologize for my past for the rest of my life!"

WHEN did she apologize?  Has she apologized to Gary for anything she did?  Hitting him?  Abusing him?  Leaving him to deal with their daughter on his own?  Has she apologized to Leah for leaving her?  Apologized to anyone else she may have victimized while she was high and abusive?  I'm led to believe this has never happened because of how she acts now.  She is very entitled and if I hear her "I was in prison!  You don't understand!" one more time I will throw things.  

She's going to be apologizing for a long long loooooooooooooong time because of what she did.  When Leah gets old enough and starts rebelling.....mark my words Amber's prison stint will pop up.  What's going to be her excuse then?

Amber is entitled, rude and unapologetic.  She went to prison, that was her apology.  And that's bullshit.

• Love 9
It was nice to see Ryan say how much he actually likes Taylor - even if it was just so that he would have an easier time dealing with Maci for the rest of his life.

Did he even mention anything about him being good to Bentley? I honestly can't remember. But it just seemed like her was more concerned with Maci's beau sticking, so she would leave Ryan alone, moreso than worrying about Bentley having a good parental unit in the house.

I didn't really see Sophia's behavior towards Simon as abnormal... it was a little on the extreme side... but children either get really shy around people they don't know or they get really hyper.  And generally if it's on the hyper end you can get a good feeling of how someone is around kids because the adult usually goes with it and has fun or they get really awkward.

My kids tend to get really hyper when people come over. But the entails them running around the house, singing loudly, and generally showing off. It does not include them pulling on people's clothing, slapping them, hanging onto their legs when they try to walk, etc. That's not just hyper activity. That's a child who doesn't know boundaries and has been equally indulged and neglected by her mother. I like to think I'm pretty good with kids. I'm the oldest of 5, worked in daycare in my youth, and have 3 of my own. But I wouldn't care for a child treating me the way Sophia did Simon. Not for one second. 

• Love 10

I honestly think that IF Farah (or any of the parents) actually ADDRESSED the behavior instead of giggling nervously, we (the public/posters) would cut them some slack.

Kids are going to act up. I've seen kids acting a damn fool in public - but my judgment of the parents was based on their handling of the situation.

Your kid is crying in a restaurant and you ignore them? You're a piece of shit. Your kid is crying in a restaurant and you pick them up/take them by the hand and walk out? You're a parent dealing with shit.

I used to take my son into vestibules ALL THE TIME when he would lose his shit in public. I wanted him to know it was unacceptable but I also wanted him to know that just because he lost his shit, doesn't mean we were leaving. He had a few minutes (I could wait all day) to get it together and then we were going back in.

I wasn't talking about whether people were being too judgmental about the situations in my comments.  I agree some of the behavior is over the top. I was referring to the fact that these kids are now 6 and have no business being on TV--this series should be done based on their age alone.  I was just saying that some of the behavior for this age is normal, and I don't think we all have to see it.  Regardless of whether we are seeing the occasional bad day or they are always like that.  I wish the kids had their privacy and that the moms would quit signing up for the show and that MTV would quit asking them.  I wasn't really making a comment on how they are parenting/not parenting in these behavior situations.  

Why was the dog house hunting with Maci? I hope that scene was fake and they already owned that home because who brings a dog into a house they don't own?! If my house is for sale people sure as fuck are not parading a animals through it. And I have a dog but that doesn't mean I want someone else's dog coming through my house and potentially pooping in it. That was so weird.

• Love 21
(edited)

Seriously, poopchute -- who brings their rather large puppy househunting with them?! 

Amber -- god, I have hopes for you but it looks like it'll take more than that for you to rise above. Poor Leah -- so smart and caring. She knows EXACTLY what's going on in her little fractured family, make no mistake. She may not be mature enough to put it in words but when she gets there? Oh man. 

Farrah/Sofia -- I gave myself whiplash between thinking, "oh Sofia is so cute!" to "God, Sofia is a demon." Poor kid. I would have been mortified if my kid ever attached herself to my prospective fiance's legs as he tried to walk around the house. 

Cate/Tyler -- Nova is so sweet, I hope they somehow figure out a way to give her a stable life. With cell phones! 

Maci -- eh, whatever. I hated that bait and switch thing at the end of her segment, though, when it seemed like Taylor was going to pull out a ring. 

Producer Heather -- because I feel like she's a character in this play now -- you couldn't pay me enough to have her job. Listening to and coddling these wierdos? Hope she gets combat pay. And I fully expect her to have a cameo in the reunion special.

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 8
(edited)

Speaking of Gary's despicable rants to producer woman (sorry lady, I can't recall your name: brown hair always up, Patagonia jacket), did she ever go upstairs to see Leah in her room (after Gary's Gone Girl bullshit)? From what they showed it looked like she went outside to call Amber right after that and then took off to go film or something. And how craptastic is her job? Driving Farrah's Fake Family to the airport and any other thing that any TM cast member wants done... I'm surprised she wasn't the one hauling the sofa and mattresses into Maci's new house! On that subject, I too want to know what happened to the Being Maci house!! And, wow, the moving truck was definitely larger than the old house it was parked next to; that must have been close quarters. Maci and Beard-Face didn't seem to have any realty game at all when that terrible offer/acceptance thing played out, she really needs to improve on that given the number of houses she's owned/plans to own.

I bet she's well compensated and was hand-picked for the job. She has the two more "difficult" ones with Farrah and Amber. Cate and Maci are way more easy going so Heather is probably known for her ability to deal with morons. God knows I would be backpacking in the mountains for 3 weeks straight after dealing with the tantrums, probably explains the Patagonia jacket.

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 4

What the fuck was that shit Cate was saying about how they are in a different place now and she rattled off "We own a home and we have cars!" That in itself shows the mentality of this girl and Tyler, who agreed with her. She grew up with a family who didn't own material things therefore, having material things to call your own means you've made it in life! Forget job skills. Forget an education, you've got CARS!

That's exactly what I was thinking when they were patting themselves on the back about how they were in such a different place than they were at 16. Didn't Tyler say they are 23 now? So SEVEN years later they are in the EXACT same place they were at 16 except they have a home (and a mortgage) and a few cars and cell phones. Wow you have accomplished SO much!   Neither has any job skills and once TM is over I would bet they lose the house and the cars because with no steady income how will they afford anything?  I don't think they are very good parents either. Tyler doesn't seem to do anything other than hold Nova when the camera is around. Notice how quickly he handed her back to Cate "go back to Mommy" in that one scene. So i'm betting Catelynn does 99 percent of the work involved in taking care of Nova. When our first was born my hubby had never even changed a diaper. But he fell in love with our daughter instantly and changed diapers, was very protective of her and always wanted to hold her and take care of her. Tyler seems to have NO interest.  His gagging over the poopy diapers and not even offering to help Cate spoke volumes. He does not take care of  that kid.  When Cate went to try on the dress she took Nova with her. Tyler stayed home. Nova could have stayed home with Tyler, Cate would have had to pump a few bottles of milk. not difficult.  But I doubt Tyler watches Nova by himself. 

The way they so easily left Nova with April shows they are still too immature to parent. Nova was what 2 months old at this point? And they are saying they are going to be out of town three times in one month (I realize Nova is going to the reunion with them) but they left her with April  (OMG!) for a weekend so they could go on a talk show? Priorities people!! You have a newborn who needs you and you leave her in the care of chain smoking April? Wth.  And Catelynn is lazy as fuck (to quote Ryan regarding Maci)  I  know breastfeeding is a personal decision but its in the best interest of the baby and switching to formula just so you can run off to be on a talk show is irresponsible.  Anytime anything involves work Catelynn backs out of it.  So glad Carly won't be at the reunion show! Catelyn and Tyler are delusional. They are NOT Carly's family, they have not made any progress in 7 years. And Tyler really needs someone to sit him down and talk to him about schooling. Him saying he decided not to pursue film school and is now going to finish his psychology degree (says he's finished two years of it YEAH RIGHT) so he can make the big bucks. Um a bachelor's degree in psychology is good for nothing. There is no job one can get just with a bachelors in Psychology.  He would have to get his doctorate and the dumbass can't even finish a few classes at a local community college so he's unlikely to get a doctorate degree.  MTV fame and speaking engagements won't last forever.

Farrah needs locked up. I fear for Sophia's safety. I actually thought Simon handled it well at first but by the end he was ready to snap.

What makes me laugh every single time is when these loser guys (looking at you Taylor) go on about how they don't want to rush into an engagement or marriage when their girlfriend is ALREADY pregnant. So rushing into having a live human being to take care of indefinitely is ok but getting engaged or married is rushing things?  And lastly why do any of these people not own their homes out right? If they make hundreds of thousands a year there is no excuse for not purchasing a home with cash.  What the hell do they blow their money on?

Ryan was most definitely on something. He hasn't talked that much in the five years he's been on the show lol

• Love 10

That's exactly what I was thinking when they were patting themselves on the back about how they were in such a different place than they were at 16. Didn't Tyler say they are 23 now? So SEVEN years later they are in the EXACT same place they were at 16 except they have a home (and a mortgage) and a few cars and cell phones.

While I agree that parenting is more than just being able to (at the present moment) pay the bills, I can see why Cate thinks of owning a house as coming a long way. During her 16 and Pregnant episode, her biggest reason for giving up Carly (which she tearfully explained to Dawn, Brandon, and Teresa) was that she couldn't guarantee that she herself would always have a stable home, given April's troubles.  It was one thing for her, at 16, to have to rely on extended relatives or friends to stay with when things with April got hairy, but she couldn't drag Carly into that, and she wanted Carly to always know she had a home, rather than borrowed time on someone's couch. So, I can see why buying a house is a really big deal to someone who spent periods of their childhood not feeling like they had a home.

Yes, Cate and Tyler are unemployed, uneducated, lack any sort of personal accountability or responsibility or work ethic, and those are character flaws which will bleed into their parenting skills. But Cate doesn't have the maturity to see that.

And lastly why do any of these people not own their homes out right? If they make hundreds of thousands a year there is no excuse for not purchasing a home with cash.  What the hell do they blow their money on?

Well, they do have to pay income taxes, and since none of them have jobs, they have to use their earnings to pay not just rent, or mortgages, but also car payments, insurance, property taxes (if they own), gas, food, utilities, daycare, vacations, tattoos, plastic surgery, electronics, hair/nails grooming, school, etc- I am sure all these morons are unwilling to sink a significant portion of their cash into a long term investment like a house because that means they might have to actually get a job in order to pay day to day expenses.

Really, I am not sure any of these fools should be buying houses, either with cash or through financing. A house isn't always a good investment, particularly if you're unsure where you want to live and prone to moving a lot (ahem, Farrah and Maci). Even if you're able to resell your house in a short time without a loss, you'll pay through the nose in real estate and closing fees and are unlikely to recoup your investment in a short time (and if you do, then you're on the hook for capital gains taxes). You could try and rent it out, I guess, but that has its own pitfalls, and any rental income they received would probably be swallowed up by management companies, since all these participants are way too lazy to manage the properties themselves.

I wonder if any of these girls have sat down with a financial planner who has explained that at some point the gravy train WILL STOP, and these girls will be in their mid 20s with no job skills and half finished degrees (at best) that are completely useless, and they would really be best off living on a modest budget while investing their earnings. I am pretty sure Randy has forced Chelsea to do something similar and luckily, Chelsea, in spite of whatever bad judgment she's shown in the past, is wise enough to realize that Randy is probably right.

• Love 7

Gary is a vile and disgusting human being, but if Amber wants to be spending more time with Leah, having footage of bringing your sick kid to a hotel with mirrored ceilings is not going to help her case!

• Love 5

I can't believe they were at the Greenwood Fantasuites! They stayed there on Rock of love Bus and I thought they were so tacky! I always wondered what kind of people thought their glue-gun, hand painted specials were really romantic...now I know!

• Love 7

1) now that producer Heather is essentially the 5 character... Does she have an aversion to chairs? I feel like she is always sitting on the floor... Although if the other choice was Ambers couch, I may grow allergic to couches too.

2) for all that talk of owning a home, from Catelynn... Who the hell decorated that place because it looks like my great grandmothers doilies are hanging on the windows. I guess I should be happy she didn't rush out and buy a bunch of furniture she can't afford, but dang.

• Love 3

1) now that producer Heather is essentially the 5 character... Does she have an aversion to chairs? I feel like she is always sitting on the floor... Although if the other choice was Ambers couch, I may grow allergic to couches too.

2) for all that talk of owning a home, from Catelynn... Who the hell decorated that place because it looks like my great grandmothers doilies are hanging on the windows. I guess I should be happy she didn't rush out and buy a bunch of furniture she can't afford, but dang.

Cate has always struck me as an elderly lady trapped in a young person's body. Remember that episode a few seasons ago where she was all excited to go to B&B with Tyler? It looked like a place where senior citizens celebrate 50 year wedding anniversaries, and have brunch and go antiquing, not where two 21 year old kids go.

• Love 8

I think once you are on Amber's couch, it never lets you go!

• Love 11

Only the Zen-est of zen personalities can deal with Amber and Farrah. In the same year, no less. I bet Heather meditates, practices yoga, and lives in the woods when she's not counseling Amber and cajoling Farrah. 

Cate has always struck me as an elderly lady trapped in a young person's body. Remember that episode a few seasons ago where she was all excited to go to B&B with Tyler? It looked like a place where senior citizens celebrate 50 year wedding anniversaries, and have brunch and go antiquing, not where two 21 year old kids go.

Hah. I think Cate aspires to be older, wiser, more sophisticated, and just plain middle class. I bet she picked that place and imagined it as somewhere that stable people with means go on vacation. Honestly, though, considering the kind of household she grew up in, I can understand why she's not into the party scene. I am in my twenties and if I am looking to get away for a couple of days, I usually just go camping. If I am traveling abroad, I'll stay in a hostel. But, my parents were also not meth heads and I was never homeless. Cate is probably always looking to do things the way "more stable" people do them. In her mind, stable people with "better lives" probably live like retirees. 

• Love 10

Maci and Ryan issues aside, I commend Ryan for what he said about Taylor to his friend. They have their issues, but that came across well (cameras around or not). And Maci buying the house, whatever. People do their own thing in whatever order they want, and I'm not gonna judge anyone for that. Just look at Maci and Taylor next to Simon and Maci. I think that Maci has a much more genuine relationship, although I think it's awkward to be real in front of cameras no matter how long you've been doing it.  And it's important to keep that in mind, everything we see is effected by cameras being there whether good or bad.

Why did Dawn text Tyler that Teresa would call Catelynn? Does that imply that there still isn't direct contact? It is so weird how they act like their extended family has any impact on Carly. She has her own grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles and everything else. Oh, and then the conversation with April? Adopting isn't giving your baby away? Yeah... it basically is. You get photos and updates, but you are too emotionally invested in a child that isn't yours and it's obviously not been healthy for you or your family. "Placing" just sounds like they really think the whole thing is temporary.

Sophia is being a brat but I think it's a normal reaction of a kid her age to a parent's new significant other, especially as it's the first she's met. Plus, lets look at where she's coming from. And Farrah is gross and fake. She tries to put on a personality for the camera, but drops it pretty fast when she gets pissed. She has a fake relationship and fake friends and talks to people with a fake smile. She also has fake memories, as demonstrated by her retelling of how it went with that guy she flew with to Austin (and later moved to Austin unrelated lol).

The way Farrah keeps calling Simon babe is making me think of The Office episode The Dinner Party. Jan and Michael keep calling each other babe and it's obvious with every word that they hate each other. And then he fingered her on camera. What the flying fuck. Sure, we all have our moments, but not when there's a camera on you! 

And that goes the same for everyone. Sure, we all make stupid decisions growing up. We all have moments where we freak out and act irrationally and look back at them and go, wow, that was really awful and embarrassing and I can't believe I did that, even if we don't admit it to anyone but ourselves. But, we're not on camera and don't have public proof of it (unless you put that up on Facebook or Twitter I suppose, but that's always stupid). So when these girls do these stupid things, sometimes I sympathize, but other times I just can't believe they would put that on camera for the world, and their children, to see. And that's why, as much as there are scene recreations and some editing or drama being added, there is a lot of truth to what we see.

I look forward to seeing Farrah Abraham, hotelier. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Maci and Ryan issues aside, I commend Ryan for what he said about Taylor to his friend. They have their issues, but that came across well (cameras around or not). And Maci buying the house, whatever. People do their own thing in whatever order they want, and I'm not gonna judge anyone for that. Just look at Maci and Taylor next to Simon and Maci. I think that Maci has a much more genuine relationship, although I think it's awkward to be real in front of cameras no matter how long you've been doing it.  And it's important to keep that in mind, everything we see is effected by cameras being there whether good or bad.

Why did Dawn text Tyler that Teresa would call Catelynn? Does that imply that there still isn't direct contact? It is so weird how they act like their extended family has any impact on Carly. She has her own grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles and everything else. Oh, and then the conversation with April? Adopting isn't giving your baby away? Yeah... it basically is. You get photos and updates, but you are too emotionally invested in a child that isn't yours and it's obviously not been healthy for you or your family. "Placing" just sounds like they really think the whole thing is temporary.

Sophia is being a brat but I think it's a normal reaction of a kid her age to a parent's new significant other, especially as it's the first she's met. Plus, lets look at where she's coming from. And Farrah is gross and fake. She tries to put on a personality for the camera, but drops it pretty fast when she gets pissed. She has a fake relationship and fake friends and talks to people with a fake smile. She also has fake memories, as demonstrated by her retelling of how it went with that guy she flew with to Austin (and later moved to Austin unrelated lol).

The way Farrah keeps calling Simon babe is making me think of The Office episode The Dinner Party. Jan and Michael keep calling each other babe and it's obvious with every word that they hate each other. And then he fingered her on camera. What the flying fuck. Sure, we all have our moments, but not when there's a camera on you! 

And that goes the same for everyone. Sure, we all make stupid decisions growing up. We all have moments where we freak out and act irrationally and look back at them and go, wow, that was really awful and embarrassing and I can't believe I did that, even if we don't admit it to anyone but ourselves. But, we're not on camera and don't have public proof of it (unless you put that up on Facebook or Twitter I suppose, but that's always stupid). So when these girls do these stupid things, sometimes I sympathize, but other times I just can't believe they would put that on camera for the world, and their children, to see. And that's why, as much as there are scene recreations and some editing or drama being added, there is a lot of truth to what we see.

I look forward to seeing Farrah Abraham, hotelier. 

This right here lets me now how much he cares for Farrah.  If a man gives half of a damn about you, the last thing he's going to do is show your milk and cookies to all of the Americas.  That's his milk and cookies and he's doesn't want to share it wih everybody.

He's going to show respect for you because he expects the world to show respect for you.  Simon thinks nothing of Farrah and showed her that by flashing her cooch to the world.  He's got a porno fantasy as a "girlfriend" and that's all he thinks of her.  She's nothing more than an ass mold to him.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 15

It broke my heart a little when Cate and Tyler were talking about all the things they have coupled with the old footage of her mom puffing away while she's pregnant and calling her a bitch. MTV as a social welfare program. Sigh. I feel for those two but gee I wonder why Theresa doesn't want HER chiild near any of them?

Gary talking smack in front of Leah definitely lost him points from Leah. You can never win doing that stuff.

Why oh why did Amber take Leah to a sex hotel? Those murals had me cracking up though.

Maci, snore.

Farrah, just, no.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, according to Maci's ex, Kyle King, she was putting on an act in front of the cameras. I believe him.

Maci and Taylor next to Simon and Maci

Say what? Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Well, according to Maci's ex, Kyle King, she was putting on an act in front of the cameras. I believe him.

I've always thought Maci acted in a way that was very calculated for the cameras. Not necessarily putting on an act, but definitely trying to manipulate how she (and Ryan) would appear to viewers.

• Love 5

Did he even mention anything about him being good to Bentley? I honestly can't remember. But it just seemed like her was more concerned with Maci's beau sticking, so she would leave Ryan alone, moreso than worrying about Bentley having a good parental unit in the house.

I think it was more of a "If I have to deal with Maci and some random guy for the rest of my life... Im glad Taylor is that guy"  lol

Even though they're showing them, I think they still sit out of the way - OR maybe she's just used to being out of the way and sitting on floors all the time lol

I thought that was weird too.... in a previous episode Tyler said Teresa and Cate text all the time. Or Teresa always responds to her texts but not Tyler's. 

I was thinking the same thing. Their house is so dark and dreary. The pink colored carpet looks nasty. It reminds me of my old Auntie Bonnie's house. As soon as you walked in you knew an old lady lived there.

Say what?

I did a double take on that myself. Simon and Maci?

• Love 3
(edited)

Did anyone catch that awful picture April had on her wall? I noticed it when the camera was focused on Tyler. It was right behind him. It was a bear wearing pants and I think it was wearing underwear too that was showing. I think the bear was holding flowers.

I think it was more of a "If I have to deal with Maci and some random guy for the rest of my life... Im glad Taylor is that guy"  lol

Right. I didn't take Ryan's comment to be nothing more than some sarcastic dig. I almost felt he was saying that hopefully with Maci being happy with a new guy, and a new baby, she will then focus on Taylor and gripe to him and it takes Ryan off the hook from her bitching.

Maci would kill you for mixing her up w Farrah.  LOL!  She would just DIE

LOL It wasn't me! I merely quoted. :-)  You are so right. Maci would die! I guess she was right about her worry that someone would confuse her for Farrah.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Did anyone catch that awful picture April had on her wall? I noticed it when the camera was focused on Tyler. It was right behind him. It was a bear wearing pants and I think it was wearing underwear too that was showing. I think the bear was holding flowers.

I was looking at all the plants that seem to have been growing and tended to for a somewhat extended period of time and was kind of impressed, junkies don't usually prioritize gardening so I thought that seemed like a positive sign. Then I saw that bear thing, I think it might have been a blanket? With a trashy out of shape anthropomorphised bear on it? Ugh. Better than a blanket emblazoned with a giant Carley head though, I suppose.

• Love 7

That was one of my favorite scenes in the episode. Right as I was thinking how much better April's home looked because there were signs of life, knick-knacks and plants, they panned over to that picture and I cracked up! I believe it was a Coke poster that was framed, and the Bear's said underwear said Coke and he/she(?) was holding one of the classic Coke bottles. It was so hilariously tacky. It seems like April had Coke stuff in her old house with Butch too, and I'm never sure whether she's a super Classic Coke fan or if it's tongue-in-cheek?

• Love 5

Oh, okay. So, it was a Coke poster. lol  Thanks for clarifying that for me. I was staring at it trying to figure out what that was supposed to be.

However, how she reacts to it is 100% her

Exactly. I don't care how many times Gary or anyone else pushes Amber's buttons. People are supposed to be in control of their emotions and reactions. Amber, of all people, has been in so-called anger management and other forms of therapy. The number one rule in anger management is you are responsible for your reactions, no one else. When she is allowed to give that excuse of her buttons being pushed, she is not taking responsibility of her own behavior.

Hey, it just dawned on me that we were spared that scene of Farrah in that Santa Claus get-up with her ass spilling out, and Sophia is saying out loud about her not wanting people to see her mom's butt. What happened to that scene?

In defense of Sophia, it's mostly her mouth - sadly both of her parents had major dental/jaw issues.  Once she gets braces, that will be a major improvement.  Her hair would be fine if Farrah would stop primping her own self for a second and run a brush through Sophia's tangles.  As for the rest of her face, she'll grow into it.  She may be very attractive as a teenager.  Her eyes and skin will give her an exotic look, I bet.  She has beautiful olive skin and big dark eyes.  

They showed a picture of Sophia's father once and she looks just like him.  He had weird teeth and a weird mouth.  As for the exotic olive skin and big dark eyes, Farrah has those also but it hasn't helped her homely ass.  I think that's mostly because of her homely personality and Sophia might have the same problem.  I think if Sophia was a sweet kid she would be a whole lot cuter.

• Love 6

The way she pressured him about marriage was something else! Of course, by the end of the episode, when she was talking to Debra, she managed to make it sound like she didn't want him because he wasn't respnsible or ready for kids.

It would have been hilarious if the camera cut away from the shot of Sophia ankle-riding Simon's legs around the house-- to a shot of Farrah doing the same. He needed a spray to get rid of the static CLING.

I loved that Farrah sour-graping to Debra afterward, called Simon self-centered. LOLZ.

• Love 5

Sophia is being a brat but I think it's a normal reaction of a kid her age to a parent's new significant other, especially as it's the first she's met. Plus, lets look at where she's coming from.

It might have been normal for a very short time, but it should have worn off quickly.  I think all of these kids from both shows have had to deal with parents new significant others and I don't think we've ever seen such a horror show.  Look at little Leah, for example.  She's had to deal with a "new mother" and her real mother's new fiancée.  No ugly behavior from her. 

• Love 2

It might have been normal for a very short time, but it should have worn off quickly.  I think all of these kids from both shows have had to deal with parents new significant others and I don't think we've ever seen such a horror show.  Look at little Leah, for example.  She's had to deal with a "new mother" and her real mother's new fiancée.  No ugly behavior from her. 

If this is true about Leah on and off camera, I'd be more concerned about her than Sophia.

Hey, it just dawned on me that we were spared that scene of Farrah in that Santa Claus get-up with her ass spilling out, and Sophia is saying out loud about her not wanting people to see her mom's butt. What happened to that scene?

Good question. I had forgotten all about that scene. It was a pretty lengthy scene. When was it shown? During the new season sneak peek trailer?

There hasn't been any announcement as far as I know. Just pictures of Maci on various gossip sites wearing what appears to be an engagement ring on her left hand ring finger

Wasn't there a sneak peek of Taylor giving Maci a ring? I swear I thought there was. MTV seems to be like Bravo in that they are pulling us in with scenes, but never showing them.

according to Maci's ex, Kyle King, she was putting on an act in front of the cameras. I believe him.

I think he had tweeted that Maci was acting like she was a super mom for the cameras. That leads me to believe Maci is just sprawled out on the couch like Amber when the cameras are gone.

I think all of these kids from both shows have had to deal with parents new significant others and I don't think we've ever seen such a horror show.  Look at little Leah, for example.  She's had to deal with a "new mother" and her real mother's new fiancée.  No ugly behavior from her.

Look at how many guys Bentley has been exposed to in his five short years. I don't remember him acting up like Sofia did on this last episode.

• Love 2

To be fair, both Leah and Bentley have a mother and father. Sophia does not, and I think she's desperate for Simon (or anyone) to fulfill that role. That being said, Sophia's brattiness is over the top.

• Love 2

Oh and this!

Gary saying ominously, "It would just be easier if Amber wasnt around ..... if she just went away ....."

Um, I watch enough Dateline to have had alarms going off in my head. Seriously creepy.

Amber:

I didn't even think about it that way but you may have a point. In retrospect, that does seem like a scene we'd see replayed on "Nancy Grace" if Amber ever went missing. However, I doubt Gary has the strength, physical ability, or energy to disappear anyone, so I think Ambie's safe for now.

Gary texted Amber to ask her to call him so she could go get Leah. When she didn't call back, Kristina went and got Leah. Was anyone else wondering why Gary couldn't go get Leah? He is her father. Would it be too physically taxing for him to go get Leah? It's not like he was at a job or anything - he doesn't work. (And he is supposed to get $1000/mo for child support? My sister-in-law has four kids and gets a little less than $1200/mo. Don't get me wrong, Amber should be paying whatever she is supposed to, but that seems like a lot for one kid. Also, I'm pissed for Gary - and I don't even like him - that she can't pay her child support but has a Cadillac and went to Vegas.)

Gary and Amber both suck. At this point I'm kind of hoping that Kristina gets back with her ex (who won't let their daughter be filmed) and takes Leah with her.

Catelynn-

I think Catelynn has being doing all of the caring for Nova. I think she may have been over breastfeeding because she was exhausted & doing everything while Tyler did nothing but make faces when Nova pooped rather than because of traveling. So few of these girls even try breastfeeding, so I'm going to give her a big GOOD FOR YOU to her for doing it for two months. She doesn't owe the viewers any explanation for why and Tyler can miss me with the stank face and subtle shade he was giving her when she was talking about wanting to switch to formula. When my son was born, my husband and I had an agreement - I took care of the top end of the baby (breastfeeding) and he took care of the bottom end (diapers). My husband did have a long paternity leave and was there to help - but so is Tyler. He doesn't work or go to school. I don't think he's changed many diapers if at two months he's still grossed out by baby poop. And I've seen way worse baby poop than that scene. Just like with her weight, Tyler doesn't realize the way to support her isn't just to open his mouth and talk AT her but actually physically help - like change diapers, offer to cook a healthy meal, offer to watch Nova while Catelynn works out, etc.

Maci - Snooze. Taylor does seem like a good dog parent, so I guess there's that. But seriously, does he belong to the Chattanooga Hipster Beard Society or something? And it meets at the barber shop?

Maybe Ryan has read all of our comments about him always being tired and went to the doctor for some meds to help his chronic fatigue syndrome. Or maybe he finally got the Starbucks habit I've been wishing for him.

Farrah- everyone else has pretty much said everything. I was second-hand uncomfortable for Simon when Farrah was pushing Sophia's head in his lap in the backseat of the car. Thank god he's at least a guy who knows that's gross, weird, and inappropriate. I just wish he'd felt the same way about what he was doing when he and Farrah were in the car together- or at least I wish MTV would have edited that out. Ick.

• Love 9

If this is true about Leah on and off camera, I'd be more concerned about her than Sophia.

I just think some kids are more resilient than others.  Maybe Leah has a more easy going personality and is accepting of changes.  She certainly didn't get that from her mother!  She's not perfect, no kid is. 

But Sophia is in a whole other league.  The only time I have seen Sophia the least bit likable is when she is with her grandmother, one on one, without Farrah there. 

• Love 2

(And he is supposed to get $1000/mo for child support? My sister-in-law has four kids and gets a little less than $1200/mo. Don't get me wrong, Amber should be paying whatever she is supposed to, but that seems like a lot for one kid.

There are several factors that are considered when a child support is calculated. People need to remember each scenario is different, each state is different, and most importantly, everyone's income is different. The cost of health insurance is one factor that is figured in child support. The amount of time the child spends with each parent also determines the amount that is paid. Considering Gary is the primary parent, meaning he has Leah in his care and custody full-time, Amber is going to pay more than if she had shared custody.

• Love 5

Amber:

I didn't even think about it that way but you may have a point. In retrospect, that does seem like a scene we'd see replayed on "Nancy Grace" if Amber ever went missing. However, I doubt Gary has the strength, physical ability, or energy to disappear anyone, so I think Ambie's safe for now.

Just to be safe, she might not want to eat any cookies that Gary sends her...

• Love 7

Maci - Snooze. Taylor does seem like a good dog parent, so I guess there's that. But seriously, does he belong to the Chattanooga Hipster Beard Society or something? And it meets at the barber shop?

Apparently Nashville started to become popular with the hipster crowd once Portland et al got more expensive with all the people moving there, so there would be demand for barbers that can do that look. I did find city-data threads mentioning it. Not sure about Chattanooga.

• Love 2

Just to be safe, she might not want to eat any cookies that Gary sends her...

That is your funniest post ever (and all your posts are hilarious). I'm in stitches here!

• Love 1

To be fair, both Leah and Bentley have a mother and father. Sophia does not, and I think she's desperate for Simon (or anyone) to fulfill that role. That being said, Sophia's brattiness is over the top.

Plus she barely has a mother, it seems like. More like a part-time mother who mostly wants to be her friend or use her as an accessory.  It's also a little hard to tell your child it's wrong to slap/smack people or discipline them for it when you do the same thing on a regular basis.

• Love 6

Someone else upthread mention Tyler's use of the phrase "placing for adoption".  In the adoption process, one of the things you learn from your social worker is to use positive adoption language.  So Tyler is using a term that Dawn probably discussed with him.  As parent who has adopted, I use this term as well.  When someone asks why the birth mother "gave up her baby",  I reply with something like, "Well, she was placed for adoption because..."  Check out this information:

Using positive adoption language in your home and around your child will have a positive impact on your child’s self esteem.  It is important for your child to know the love, care, and concern that went into their adoption plan.  Using simple terms such as, “chose to place for adoption” can convey that care and concern.  Negative terms such as, “gave up for adoption,” conveys that there was not much thought that went into the decision.  It also implies that there was something wrong with the child and that is why they were “given up.”  Typically, we give up things that are bad for us: smoking, drinking, gambling, etc.  Children are not “given up for adoption.”  The birthparents take painstaking effort to  choose the parents they believe will be perfect for their child.  There is a lot of love in that process, more than most can imagine.

What I don't understand is the extent of Dawn's involvement in this adoption.  Why is Teresa calling Dawn to tell Tyler to tell Cate that she will call?  Why doesn't Teresa just call Cate when she has time?  I know that Cate works for Dawn in some capacity (as a poster-child for Dawn's adoption agency), but this is a six-year-old adoption.  My daughter is 3 and the last contact I had with our adoption agency was in settling up our account about a week or two after she was born. I've had no contact since.  I'm assuming this is the same situation for most families who adopt.  The birth mother and I have direct contact (mailing addresses, phone numbers, email address) and we never use the agency for anything. 

Then, again, Cate and Tyler are in a much different situation with the TV show and their connection with Dawn.

One more thing:  Sophia's behavior toward Simon and her mother was really disturbing!  You can't even compare Leah and Sophia.  Sophia behaves like a brat and no one does anything.  Leah is generally well-behaved because she has someone around who will not let her get away with that.  I don't think even Amber would let Leah act the way Sophia did.  Sorry.

• Love 8

Plus she barely has a mother, it seems like. More like a part-time mother who mostly wants to be her friend or use her as an accessory. 

This. I wouldn't be surprised if she had tried to carry Sophia around in her purse a la Paris Hilton when she was a newborn.

• Love 6

Thanks to Catelynn and Tylers behavior if I ever do private adoption, I will make sure it's a closed adoption. Carly isn't your kid. She has grandparents already. They're Brandon and Theresa parents.

• Love 17

So Maci has another house. How many houses has this chicken owned. And Tyler was telling her what HE wanted in the house. When will Maci realize this dude isn't marrying her. I don't even think he wanted a kid. Taylor is another Ryan.

• Love 3

Gary texted Amber to ask her to call him so she could go get Leah. When she didn't call back, Kristina went and got Leah. Was anyone else wondering why Gary couldn't go get Leah? He is her father. Would it be too physically taxing for him to go get Leah? It's not like he was at a job or anything - he doesn't work. 

Gary previously had a job, as some sort of health care assistant. Has he quit?

Gary previously had a job, as some sort of health care assistant. Has he quit?

I thought I remembered him having a job too...mentioning talking to his boss on the phone back in the time of the legendary Cracker Barrel and candle dinner. Maybe he quit because MTV was paying him more or he believed Gary Time would make him a millionaire.

I blame it on the evil powers of that couch. The Winchester brothers need to have a crossover episode so they can come in and exorcise and burn that thing.

• Love 1