Type keyword(s) to search

Tony travels to his childhood home state with his brother Chris and rekindles memories at classic roadside joint Hiram's, known for its fried hotdogs, and Barnegat Light in Ocean County. He heads further down the shore to Atlantic City and stops by the Knife and Fork, Docks Oyster House with local reporter Brian Donohue, the Baltimore Grill to see husband and wife comedians Rich Vos and Bonnie McFarlane, and tours Asbury Park with none other than famed musician Southside Johnny.

You can watch a preview here.

I loved this episode. I am from NJ and actually have been to several of the places Anthony ate at. I thought it was real talk about what is going on in Atlantic City right now (Revel was a disaster even before it opened). He said stuff that really rang true to me.

• Love 2

I always joke that I have a great view of HIram's from my apartment, and I do!  That place is always packed on the weekends.  Between that and seeing Anthony and and his Brother at Kubel's in Barnegat Light, it was like seeing part of my life play out on screen. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Me too - been going to LBI forever and always have to stop at "Old Barney". My nieces and nephews love going there no matter how many times they have been before. I really liked this show too. I am from Central Jersey so I never heard of the hot dog place.  I have eaten at Kubel's and like their food. That rest. in AC looked great - where is it located in A.C.? Anybody know? Building the Revel was a massive mistake and waste of money. Got knows what they will do with all those empty places. A couple of years ago my sister wanted to spent the night in AC and asked me to check the price for the Revel - it was $400 per night.  A total rip off, and I knew then the place would never make it.

Something about the shore that always gets to me. Grew up spending my summers down there and would love  to live there now if the commute was not such a pain in the ass.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 2

There were three in AC. They are all along Atlantic Ave. Knife and Fork Inn was the first one he was at. DOCS Oyster house was the other one. Tony's Baltimore Grill was the one he was at with the comedians. They are my favorite place to get pizza (sausage well done). I grew up along the shore but also in the pinelands. I've been to Kubels, I've been to Lucilles I know plenty of people who are proud to be Pineys.

• Love 1

The opening & closing scenes with his brother were especially poignant. At the very end, Tony walks along the beach & says something about the resurgence of Atlantic City & how he hopes he's there to see it. It felt like my ? stopped for a second.

• Love 3