Type keyword(s) to search

What Are You Watching Tonight?

(edited)

I just started watching agent of shield on netflix (binged watched really), I wanted to watch it but never did. I'm now 4 episodes in, very good so far.

Edited by blueray

We're way behind on The Big Bang Theory and we just started watching X-Files on Netflix.  We'll probably watch one or two episodes of those, depending on when we get home (it's a school night). 

In the bargain bin at a book/music/dvd store I found the first season of Soap for $4.99 and had to buy it.

I started watching last night and was surprised at how well it has held up.  Of course the fashion is very dated now, but the humor and ridiculousness are still there. 

• Love 1

I didn't know if you knew this about M Squad, but it was from a time when television seasons were much, much longer than they are today. That show had 117 outings in its three seasons on the air, which is incredibly unheard of today. 

• Love 1

Face Off started last week.  It's a reality competition show for special effects make up and most of us love it not only because of the make up, but because there's surprisingly little drama.  The contestants even help each other if one of them is in a jam!  It's refreshing.

Just finished Happy Valley on Netflix, which I really loved. Now I'm starting Broadchurch. I already assume I know the ending since I watched Gracepoint, but I'm liking the different characterizations so far.

I have Justified in the Amazon Prime queue based on recommendations from 2 people I trust, but 6 seasons is so daunting to start!

• Love 1

I've been racing home from work to catch Barney Miller on Antenna TV.

Year round I watch 2 episodes of The Closer on Saturday nights 9-11 p.m. on My 50 Chicago over-the-air TV (rarely stay awake through both)

Also watching this summer new shows:

Aquarius (NBC)

Mr. Robot (USA)

Major Crimes (TNT)

Zoo (CBS) --unintentionally funny like Sharknado

Extant (CBS)

Beauty and the Beast (CW)

In the bargain bin at a book/music/dvd store I found the first season of Soap for $4.99 and had to buy it.

I started watching last night and was surprised at how well it has held up. Of course the fashion is very dated now, but the humor and ridiculousness are still there.

Did you ever pick up the next season to find out who the killer was? Edited by GaryE

I had no idea where to post this, then I found this thread so it will do. I just started watching a show on Netflix called "The Apartment" It's a decorating competition show filmed in Thailand. This is season 2, season 1 was a bunch of couples competing to see who decorated rooms the best (with one couple eliminated every week) & the winner was given a luxury apartment as the prize. This season is a "celebrity" edition, with groups of 3 & the prize is money to a charity of their choice.  Anyway, the reason for this post is the "celebrities", they come from all over the place & I have no idea who any of them are, except for one guy from Canada, Bronson Pelletier. Now, this guy might be well known in Canada, but I bet you're saying "Bronson who?" This is him https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1563736/ his biggest claim to fame is he played one of the werewolves, Jared. in the Twilight movies LOL. I'm guessing that's the level of "celebrity" of everyone else so, so sad.

As mentioned in other threads, I have three sets of TV series I would rotate after watching a single season per set, and currently, I'm back on my Simpsons/Futurama set, including:

• Simpsons season 10
  • Futurama season 4
  • Powerpuff Girls season 4
  • Teen Titans season 4
  • Codename: Kids Next Door season 4
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog season 4
  • Archer season 1
  • King of the Hill season 1
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Gou

Archer and King of the Hill are new additions to the set. I gave Archer a shot about a year ago, but its comedy just didn't really land for me, but I decided to give it another shot this time.

And as for KotH... I mean, it's only one of the most reputed adult cartoons of all time, often considered a show with no bad seasons, at least not on the level of poor quality like its other adult animation counterparts like South Park and Simpsons. So yeah, finally decided to give it a shot as well. It does seem like a niched show made for Americans though, and being a Singaporean Chinese that's far removed from western civilization, I hope the show would still entertain me in some way that appeals to the common human/social values in me.

As for Higurashi... well, thought I'd throw an anime into the mix, 'coz why not? Been finishing up the Higurashi visual novels for the past month or so, so this would be a nice addition.

Edited by MagnusHex
  • Useful 1