Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

General True Crime Shows

Recommended Posts

I saw the baked head episode.  Yeesh.  Both parties at fault there for the escalation (not saying Brett deserved what he got - he most certainly did not). But he didn't need to be throwing his garbage on the other guy's (William?) property.  Especially after he'd been asked repeatedly to stop, and after Brett's friend even thought he was being ludicrous and stopped coming around.  And his putting those doors out with the garbage and then taking them back, acting like a jerk?  If he wanted to re-use them (and I question if he did), then don't set them with the trash where anyone can take them.  Around here, anything on the curb like that doesn't last long.  Then Brett took it to the next level by smashing up other stuff he put out so the other guy couldn't use it.  If you're not using it, and you know someone who can, what's the harm in letting them have it?  I don't get that mentality.

When you know you're dealing with someone who is unhinged, you don't keep poking the bear.  He could have called APS or some veterans org when he saw the other guy slipping further away from reality.  Instead, he kept fighting with him.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, nokat said:

Anyone watching the cult shows? It just blows my mind what people will do for some version of religion. Beatings and rape, why would that ever be okay?

I have ,yeah. Truly terrifying stuff. It's frightening how easily some people can control others and force them to do such horrible things. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

About the Last Defense, I have a hard time wrapping my head around Darlie's husband hearing nothing.  Now, the sock found away from the house does puzzle me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

About the Last Defense, I have a hard time wrapping my head around Darlie's husband hearing nothing.  Now, the sock found away from the house does puzzle me. 

I don't believe he heard nothing. I think he was somewhat complicit. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/21/2018 at 4:40 AM, nokat said:

Anyone watching the cult shows? It just blows my mind what people will do for some version of religion. Beatings and rape, why would that ever be okay?
 

Of all the crime shows that I watch, the most disturbing and often the ones that I must turn off, are those with cult leader/family involvement, where the children are abused, tortured, and subjected to brainwashing.  Sometimes they are brought into the abuse and instructed to harm others.....it's difficult for me to watch and lately, I've been skipping it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

About the Last Defense, I have a hard time wrapping my head around Darlie's husband hearing nothing.  Now, the sock found away from the house does puzzle me. 

I haven't formed an opinion on Darlie's husband yet, but, I discovered something about some human's sleep habits when we had some family members stay with us for awhile.  It was like nothing I had seem before.   They were asleep and I tried to wake them up. It wasn't even that late, say around 11:00 p.m. There were two telephones that were going full blast AND I was calling out their names for them to wake up, plus, their daughter was bouncing on their bed calling to them.......NEITHER of them woke up!  So, some people are just very heavy sleepers.  When they say they didn't hear anything, even screams.....I consider that it might be true. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Someone could come in, kidnap me from our bed, and my DH would sleep through it.  Honest to god.  

Especially now that we lost our sweet, huge dog who slept with us. ?

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven't formed an opinion on Darlie's husband yet, but, I discovered something about some human's sleep habits when we had some family members stay with us for awhile.  It was like nothing I had seem before.   They were asleep and I tried to wake them up. It wasn't even that late, say around 11:00 p.m. There were two telephones that were going full blast AND I was calling out their names for them to wake up, plus, their daughter was bouncing on their bed calling to them.......NEITHER of them woke up!  So, some people are just very heavy sleepers.  When they say they didn't hear anything, even screams.....I consider that it might be true. 

Same with my sister. When she and I were kids, we were getting bad storms one night, and one of our living room windows blew in and shattered because the winds were so strong, and my family ran to the basement for safety. My sister had fallen asleep in the living room earlier that evening, and so my mom had to pretty much carry her down to the basement 'cause she slept through the entire storm and window breaking :p.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Someone could come in, kidnap me from our bed, and my DH would sleep through it.  Honest to god.  

Especially now that we lost our sweet, huge dog who slept with us. ?

Same with mine.  Sleeps through the doorbell, storms, everything.  So sorry about your dear doggy!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Same with mine.  Sleeps through the doorbell, storms, everything.  So sorry about your dear doggy!

Thank you!

On 6/19/2018 at 5:58 PM, ButterQueen said:

What show covered it?  I saw it on a show earlier, but with re-enactments.

Quoting myself......

I found it......on MY DVR.  So many murders, so little time.  ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I used to be a sound sleeper too, not anymore, but, once I slept through a hurricane.  Fran in 1996.  I'm not kidding. I had moved that day and hadn't really slept in about 2 days, packing and moving and I collapsed from exhaustion that evening after moving into my new apt.  I literally went to sleep after the power went out and didn't wake until the next morning to a disaster zone!  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I used to be a sound sleeper too, not anymore, but, once I slept through a hurricane.  Fran in 1996.  I'm not kidding. I had moved that day and hadn't really slept in about 2 days, packing and moving and I collapsed from exhaustion that evening after moving into my new apt.  I literally went to sleep after the power went out and didn't wake until the next morning to a disaster zone!  

Oh, my god! That'd be one hell of a thing to wake up to. 

Adding to the condolences on the loss of your dog, @ButterQueen

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/19/2018 at 9:04 PM, Brattinella said:

The wedding murder was so painful and unnecessary.  She just wanted a perfect wedding.

I just watched it covered by Primal Instinct.  Oh my god, did they have to show the real video of her turning to run, and him shooting her in the back, while smiling in the camera?!?!?!  Oh Gladys, how I wish you would have sold that house, changed your number and moved far away.  Her poor family.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Thank you!  My sweet girl was 12 1/2, 120 pounds and a true bed hog.  I miss her so much.

I miss all my kitties who made me sleep in impossible positions to facilitate their favorite sleep spots.  I'm down to one (indoor) boy now, who still proudly forces me into a pretzel position during our naptimes.  If I were ever lucky enough to have a big dog, he'd be my full body bed pillow, for sure!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I used to be a sound sleeper too, not anymore, but, once I slept through a hurricane.  Fran in 1996.  I'm not kidding. I had moved that day and hadn't really slept in about 2 days, packing and moving and I collapsed from exhaustion that evening after moving into my new apt.  I literally went to sleep after the power went out and didn't wake until the next morning to a disaster zone! 

I sleep through EVERYTHING.  I slept through the Sylmar earthquake in LA in 1971 - when my dad ran in and started pulling me out of bed I was yelling at him that I'D GET UP SOON and only realized groggily as I heard the crashing of breaking glass that my dad would not be likely to be breaking windows and smashing the medicine cabinet just to get me to school on time.:)

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I miss all my kitties who made me sleep in impossible positions to facilitate their favorite sleep spots.  I'm down to one (indoor) boy now, who still proudly forces me into a pretzel position during our naptimes.  If I were ever lucky enough to have a big dog, he'd be my full body bed pillow, for sure!

I always get a kick out of how pets hog beds and couches to where their owners only have a small portion left for themselves. Here's these small animals sprawling out all over the place and the person is smushed off to the side somewhere :p. 

24 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I just watched it covered by Primal Instinct.  Oh my god, did they have to show the real video of her turning to run, and him shooting her in the back, while smiling in the camera?!?!?!  Oh Gladys, how I wish you would have sold that house, changed your number and moved far away.  Her poor family.

Chilling stuff indeed. And I think they said that her fiance was waiting over at the church, too? I feel so bad for him, too. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that conversation must've been, when he was told what happened to her. 

I liked the thing about how her family and other women have an annual walk where the women dress in bridal gowns to help raise awareness of domestic violence. A good, powerful way to bring attention to the topic. I hope they've been able to see some positive outcomes from their efforts. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Is watching the latest Fear Thy Neighbor. Apparently having a shared driveway is deadly. Have seen past season episodes with escalating problems over shared driveways.


 

I like how most of the neighbors were, "the renters were assholes."

 

If Rob Lowry reads this, you're a piece of shit.


 

Edited by nokat
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Heh.  Many years ago, my twice removed neighbor warned me that my nextdoor neighbor had tried to elicit them into spraying Roundup over our adjoining fence to kill my honeysuckle/jasmine, because she didn't like the smell, or something.

I still haven't killed that old bitch.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Heh.  Many years ago, my twice removed neighbor warned me that my nextdoor neighbor had tried to elicit them into spraying Roundup over our adjoining fence to kill my honeysuckle/jasmine, because she didn't like the smell, or something.

I still haven't killed that old bitch.

OMG!!  She didn't really DO IT, did she??

10 hours ago, nokat said:

If Rob Lowry reads this, you're a piece of shit.

I must have missed this; who is he?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, riley702 said:

Does she have anything you'd like to solicit the neighbor into spraying with Roundup? Heh heh.

If I were to solicit a neighbor, it would be for something completely different.  Oh, wait - I already did that (and he ended up living with me for 10 years).  ;-)

I would NEVER harm a living being - plant or animal.  And I cannot harm my neighbor lest I get caught and go to J.A.I.L., leaving the critters alone & starving.  Not even a Keith Morrison narration could tempt me!

 

2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

OMG!!  She didn't really DO IT, did she??

No, she didn't.  I've been watching that fenceline for decades since, though!  I plan to outlive her, just for spite.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Of all the crime shows that I watch, the most disturbing and often the ones that I must turn off, are those with cult leader/family involvement, where the children are abused, tortured, and subjected to brainwashing.  Sometimes they are brought into the abuse and instructed to harm others.....it's difficult for me to watch and lately, I've been skipping it. 

What amazing me is that often they record themselves for posterity, and it often provides the evidence of wrongdoings (and the disgusting maniacal, egotistical, narcissism of the leader).

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:53 AM, nokat said:

Is watching the latest Fear Thy Neighbor. Apparently having a shared driveway is deadly. Have seen past season episodes with escalating problems over shared driveways

Two new houses were just built in my neighborhood (old neighborhood where one small house on a big plot is torn down for two McMansions hugging each other) with a shared driveway.  First words out of my mouth to Mr. GW when I saw them pouring the new shared driveway was, "oh, that's a Fear Thy Neighbor episode waiting to happen."

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

So I watched the latest episode of the Wonderland Murders last night - and, although I totally get that they suspected that the husband was the murderer (aren't they always??), I was REALLY uncomfortable with the detectives proudly talking about how they went around to his neighbors (no arrest warrant, no body at the time) telling them about how Brian was a murderer and how did they feel living next to a murderer, etc.  I had to change the channel.  I mean, his kid was living with him - what if the neighbors starting harassing the kid?!?  As I have seen many times on ID and other crime shows, sometimes the cops are wrong and it just felt so disgusting for them to do that to someone with no actual evidence that he killed his wife.  It was gross.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I had to give up on The Last Defense about Darlie Router.  That so-called documentary is a sham, imo.  It's obviously, a biased, heavily opinionated, propaganda piece, with a certain agenda.  What a disappointment.  I really enjoy an investigative documentary where the producers are on a truth mission, not finding random people, reporters, unknown speakers from England who have no involvement in the case, to chime in about how things were, when they were not involved in the case, have no basis for their opinion and are just spewing conjecture as fact.  I had to give up on it last night. 

The things they were saying about the nurse testimony was so bogus. I won't go into all that here, because, it doesn't seem that many are watching, but, I don't even consider whether Darlie cried in the hospital as a factor.  Killers, criminals, liars, etc. can fake cry if they need to.  So, I don't base guilt on that.  Nor the silly string.  Not proof of anything to me.  What Darlie nor her camp can't explain away is the physical evidence at the scene and the 911 tape.  

I do hate it that some of the public will be mislead by this unfortunate piece of fiction, I mean, documentary.  Hopefully, the courts won't be easily fooled.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheGreenWave said:

I was REALLY uncomfortable with the detectives proudly talking about how they went around to his neighbors (no arrest warrant, no body at the time) telling them about how Brian was a murderer and how did they feel living next to a murderer, etc.  I had to change the channel.  I mean, his kid was living with him - what if the neighbors starting harassing the kid?!?  As I have seen many times on ID and other crime shows, sometimes the cops are wrong and it just felt so disgusting for them to do that to someone with no actual evidence that he killed his wife.  It was gross.

Me, too.  I am pretty sure that is farther than the law allows police to talk to witnesses.  Saying outright that he is a murderer is beyond the pale.  VERY unprofessional and gossipy.

 

34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I had to give up on The Last Defense about Darlie Router.  That so-called documentary is a sham, imo.  It's obviously, a biased, heavily opinionated, propaganda piece, with a certain agenda.  What a disappointment.  I really enjoy an investigative documentary where the producers are on a truth mission, not finding random people, reporters, unknown speakers from England who have no involvement in the case, to chime in about how things were, when they were not involved in the case, have no basis for their opinion and are just spewing conjecture as fact.  I had to give up on it last night. 

The things they were saying about the nurse testimony was so bogus. I won't go into all that here, because, it doesn't seem that many are watching, but, I don't even consider whether Darlie cried in the hospital as a factor.  Killers, criminals, liars, etc. can fake cry if they need to.  So, I don't base guilt on that.  Nor the silly string.  Not proof of anything to me.  What Darlie nor her camp can't explain away is the physical evidence at the scene and the 911 tape.  

I do hate it that some of the public will be mislead by this unfortunate piece of fiction, I mean, documentary.  Hopefully, the courts won't be easily fooled.  

I knew what this show would be about when I saw the first commercial for it.  It is all bullshit conjecture hoping that the viewers who DO believe it will force another trial.  It is disgusting.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Me, too.  I am pretty sure that is farther than the law allows police to talk to witnesses.  Saying outright that he is a murderer is beyond the pale.  VERY unprofessional and gossipy.

 

I knew what this show would be about when I saw the first commercial for it.  It is all bullshit conjecture hoping that the viewers who DO believe it will force another trial.  It is disgusting.

Are there family members or anyone outside of law enforcement who represent those murdered boys? It seems that the family supports Darlie's innocence, including her ex-husband. They just believe what they believe based on emotion, with no explanation for the physical evidence against her.   It's a shame if no one is there to stand up for the victims now. 

And, it's disgusting that ABC has chosen to air this propaganda that supports a convicted child killer.  Poor choice, imo. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I know I am probably the only person in the country who has doubts about Darlie's guilt, but I always have. When the prosecution gave their evidence this time, I thought the defense side gave some interesting comebacks, especially about how footprints could have come to be under the glass, and how the testimony of the first police officer about her not helping was somewhat questionable. I did hear him tell her to lay down or sit down. She said she'd already gotten towels. She was on the phone with the 911 operator answering questions at the same time, and it also made sense that she said she'd touched the knife in response to the operator telling her not to touch anything, which I heard on the tape.

Also, the "evidence" claiming the windowsill was not disturbed and neither was the mulch, was blown out of the water by the fact the sill was only a few inches high and there was concrete, not mulch, under it.

What doesn't make sense to me is why someone who is supposedly all about her appearance would slash herself so deeply across her throat. In addition, the prosecution kept calling her injuries "superficial" but they most certainly weren't. Superficial injuries do not leave scars like she has and don't require emergency surgery. Doctors don't question whether someone will live through the night with superficial injuries.

My biggest question of all is that if her motive was to live a free and unencumbered selfish lifestyle, why did she leave the youngest and most dependent alive?

I'm not completely convinced of her innocence either, but to me, she is no Casey Anthony.

Commence the brickbats, lol.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I had heard something a few years about Darlie having postpartum depression and that is why she murdered the two older sons.  I don't know if they've mentioned that yet because this show is like a sleeping pill for me.  I turn it on and in a few minutes I'm asleep (even Sunday afternoon watching it on the DVR).  I don't want to believe she killed her sons, but so far nothing has changed my mind.  I don't care if she cried in the hospital or at the grave before the Silly String incident.  To me, the evidence seems to prove her guilt. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have no issue with someone else's views on any case, including Darlie's. We all see things from our own perspective.  I mistrust so much of what that show presented, that I won't comment on anything that they presented as fact, because, there's such doubt in my mind from what I did see.   I would like a real documentary, without people presenting things as true, that aren't true. That goes for both sides.   And it shouldn't have a predetermined agenda. Sadly, I can't properly evaluate the facts as they presented them on The Last Defense, because the producers of the show chose to obscure them with their biased, non-expert actors, or whatever they were. 

Did the treating doctor speak?  I've never seen anyone, except for Darlie's camp say that her injuries were life threatening or that she came close to dying.  I'd like to hear some actual information about that. Maybe, someone will do a more balanced and accurate presentation. 

What I did view were the boy's autopsies. The young children's injuries were pretty brutal.  Devon sustained 4 stab wounds, including two to his chest, that penetrated through into his lungs. One of stab wounds 5 inches deep.  He had an incision on his arm and another stab would to his leg. He also had contusions to his hand, elbow, neck, arm and hip.  I wonder if those contusions came from him fighting the attacker and that the attacker might have sustained some bruises of her own from the fight he gave for his life. 

Damon also sustained 4 stab wounds, cutting through subcutaneous tissue, muscle and deep enough to strike his lungs. He had abrasions as well, it appears that he may have been attacked from behind and not able to fight back.  

If anyone wants a link for the autopsies, I'll PM them. It's just a link that I'm not allowed to post here, I don't think. 

I do think that Darlie's injuries are telling and that her small incision that didn't really harm her is shockingly insignificant when compared to the injuries of the children.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do think that Darlie's injuries are telling and that her small incision that didn't really harm her is shockingly insignificant when compared to the injuries of the children

i didn't watch this particular show, but i do remember it featured on like a Dateline or 20/20 back in the day (who can forget the silly string on the graves video!?!?).  Was there any testimony about injuries to her hands?  If the stabbing was that brutal to those poor boys, doesn't the murderer usually have deep cuts on his/her hands?  Also, wasn't there some speculation that it was the husband at one point?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, TheGreenWave said:

i didn't watch this particular show, but i do remember it featured on like a Dateline or 20/20 back in the day (who can forget the silly string on the graves video!?!?).  Was there any testimony about injuries to her hands?  If the stabbing was that brutal to those poor boys, doesn't the murderer usually have deep cuts on his/her hands?  Also, wasn't there some speculation that it was the husband at one point?

Yes.  The only defensive wounds she had were bruises on her outer forearm, likely caused by the boys kicking the knife away.  I resent the HELL out of this monstrous attempt to portray her as innocent. And the ONLY people who say "she almost died" are the SAME people who produced this charade.  I would suggest most strongly to those who have never seen the FACTS of this case, please watch a real documentary.  http://starlocalmedia.com/rowlettlakeshoretimes/proven-guilty-twenty-years-later-darlie-routier-awaits-execution-for/article_fd097bc8-3330-11e6-89b4-d7bc324ef601.html

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I don't recall if Darlie sustained any cut injuries to her hands, as it sometimes happens with people who are stabbing someone, but, it doesn't always happen.  She could have worn gloves.  I don't know.  I do think it's amusing that the killer made deep, penetrating, multiple blows for the kids, but, with Darlie, it's a restrained, delicate incision, neatly placed in a spot that you could see and navigate,  if you were doing it yourself.  And, it wasn't deep enough to sever anything major or penetrate an organ.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t know if she is guilty or not but many things were not done in a proper way in her trial. The prosecutor had no business meeting with the nurses in a group and showing them photos of the boys. The nurses had no business saying a woman crying for her children was whining or saying things which were the opposite of her medical records. 

I also don’t believe the court has any business asking if she attended church or suggesting that blond hair is indicative of being a bad mother. They also left things out of the 911 call and the officer verifying she was trying to help her kids. Does any of this mean she is innocent? No, but I don’t believe in an atmosphere where a person doesn’t get a fair trial.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t know if she is guilty or not but many things were not done in a proper way in her trial. The prosecutor had no business meeting with the nurses in a group and showing them photos of the boys. The nurses had no business saying a woman crying for her children was whining or saying things which were the opposite of her medical records. 

I also don’t believe the court has any business asking if she attended church or suggesting that blond hair is indicative of being a bad mother. They also left things out of the 911 call and the officer verifying she was trying to help her kids. Does any of this mean she is innocent? No, but I don’t believe in an atmosphere where a person doesn’t get a fair trial.

These are all proper things in American Jurisprudence. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't had the chance to read about her appeals and/or motions for new trials. Hopefully, they will continue to be handled appropriately.  And, I consider anything presented in The Last Defense as suspect.   I now put nothing past these people who are trying to get her relief, regardless.   I'm no appeals expert, but, I think that there has to be new evidence or some reversible error.  Apparently, none has been found.  Or, there is a Habeas Corpus proceeding, which she may have more luck with. She's got plenty of help on her case, that's for sure. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

These are all proper things in American Jurisprudence. 

Not really-it’s not proper to speak to witnesses as a group instead of individuals, not proper to show damaging photos prior to testimony, not proper to have witnesses lie about testimony. Does it happen, yes, but not proper. Also I don’t know if any law that states a mother must attend church services. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, TheGreenWave said:

What amazing me is that often they record themselves for posterity, and it often provides the evidence of wrongdoings (and the disgusting maniacal, egotistical, narcissism of the leader).

Jim Jones was a prolific recorder of everything.  That's how they figured out rather quickly what happened at Jonestown.  So creepy.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I thought the show last night of Murder Comes to Town was horrendous.  A 28 year-old mother and her 18 month old baby are murdered in their home in a small town in VA.  They got the killer thank goodness and it turns out that he was a child sexual predator.  For some reason, this wonderful young mother, who reaped so many praises, was married to a man with a strong criminal element (he was in prison at the time of the murders), but, the mother allowed a steady stream of men, who were violent, drug involved and unstable, into her home. This was according to friends and family  Her FIL lived across the street and was worried about it.  They don't believe that the young mother knew the killer was a child sexual predator, but, she likely knew that he was an unemployed, drug dealer.  Such a heartbreaking story.  The guy eventually admitting to doing it, but, never offered an explanation of why he killed the baby. There was no sign of sexual assault on either victim

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought the show last night of Murder Comes to Town was horrendous.  A 28 year-old mother and her 18 month old baby are murdered in their home in a small town in VA.  They got the killer thank goodness and it turns out that he was a child sexual predator.  For some reason, this wonderful young mother, who reaped so many praises, was married to a man with a strong criminal element (he was in prison at the time of the murders), but, the mother allowed a steady stream of men, who were violent, drug involved and unstable, into her home. This was according to friends and family  Her FIL lived across the street and was worried about it.  They don't believe that the young mother knew the killer was a child sexual predator, but, she likely knew that he was an unemployed, drug dealer.  Such a heartbreaking story.  The guy eventually admitting to doing it, but, never offered an explanation of why he killed the baby. There was no sign of sexual assault on either victim

Such a terrible story!  He was making kiddie porn, at least 8 of them.  With the baby.  He was on camera with her many times. 

http://fox59.com/2016/05/31/man-accused-of-killing-mother-daughter-faces-rape-and-child-porn-charges/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Such a terrible story!  He was making kiddie porn, at least 8 of them.  With the baby.  He was on camera with her many times. 

http://fox59.com/2016/05/31/man-accused-of-killing-mother-daughter-faces-rape-and-child-porn-charges/

Oh, okay.  First time I saw that.  What I read earlier and from the show, it appeared that the child porn in his possession was of other children, not the murdered baby girl.  Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, okay.  First time I saw that.  What I read earlier and from the show, it appeared that the child porn in his possession was of other children, not the murdered baby girl.  Thanks. 

I am truly sorry for being the bearer of bad news. :(  I think the TV show was trying to spare people's feelings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I am truly sorry for being the bearer of bad news. :(  I think the TV show was trying to spare people's feelings.

Oh, yeah.  I agree. They did have some kind of a disclaimer about them using different facts, names, or dates, or something like that.  I thought that was odd.  The defendant's name was right though.  I looked it up before it aired, because, I wanted to figure out who in the hell would murder a little baby. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, renatae said:

I know I am probably the only person in the country who has doubts about Darlie's guilt, but I always have. When the prosecution gave their evidence this time, I thought the defense side gave some interesting comebacks, especially about how footprints could have come to be under the glass, and how the testimony of the first police officer about her not helping was somewhat questionable. I did hear him tell her to lay down or sit down. She said she'd already gotten towels. She was on the phone with the 911 operator answering questions at the same time, and it also made sense that she said she'd touched the knife in response to the operator telling her not to touch anything, which I heard on the tape.

Also, the "evidence" claiming the windowsill was not disturbed and neither was the mulch, was blown out of the water by the fact the sill was only a few inches high and there was concrete, not mulch, under it.

What doesn't make sense to me is why someone who is supposedly all about her appearance would slash herself so deeply across her throat. In addition, the prosecution kept calling her injuries "superficial" but they most certainly weren't. Superficial injuries do not leave scars like she has and don't require emergency surgery. Doctors don't question whether someone will live through the night with superficial injuries.

My biggest question of all is that if her motive was to live a free and unencumbered selfish lifestyle, why did she leave the youngest and most dependent alive?

I'm not completely convinced of her innocence either, but to me, she is no Casey Anthony.

Commence the brickbats, lol.

I've always questioned her innocence. I'll sit with you. ?

2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

These are all proper things in American Jurisprudence. 

This is true... Framing innocent people and killing them via the death penalty are proper things done in American jurisprudence. Just as using the police as a weapon is the American way, and could be called proper American jurisprudence. 

 

 

Oh and the police killing Black (and poor people in general) men. 

 

????? I'm sick of proper American jurisprudence. 

Edited by Queena
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't recall if Darlie sustained any cut injuries to her hands, as it sometimes happens with people who are stabbing someone, but, it doesn't always happen.  She could have worn gloves.  I don't know.  I do think it's amusing that the killer made deep, penetrating, multiple blows for the kids, but, with Darlie, it's a restrained, delicate incision, neatly placed in a spot that you could see and navigate,  if you were doing it yourself.  And, it wasn't deep enough to sever anything major or penetrate an organ.  

She didn't have any cuts on her hands that I saw in this 1999 episode of Forensic Files:

 

A week later during the silly string episode, her neck wound is healed without scabs. The doctor testified it was superficial, but admits it came close to her carotid artery. I think this might have been inadvertent on her part. The bloody knife had no cast-off or drips from being dropped, but there was a lot of blood near the tip, as if the stabber was dripping blood down their right arm when the knife was placed on the carpet. They found a bread knife returned to the knife rack that had evidence it was used to cut the window screen. That makes NO sense from an outside intruder. She said the intruder knocked down and broke a wine glass while she was chasing him, but the glass was on top of her blood and she had no cuts on her feet.

Using luminol, police found she'd stood bleeding at the sink for a long time, and cleaned up some of the blood before the police got there. They also found cast-off blood on the back of her shirt consistent with repeated stabs with the right arm splashing blood backwards. 

The only thing that puzzles me is the sock, and I have to admit, my first thought was that the husband was in on it, too.

 

ETA: Police speculated bruises on her forearm were likely caused by one or both victims fighting back, or trying to kick the knife away. And how does THAT happen, yet the husband doesn't wake up until he hears the wine glass break? Did they just decide to keep the youngest and kill the other two? 

Edited by riley702 · Reason: they, not the
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the summary.  Do you recall if they  addressed the sealed motion to allow Darlie to have a polygraph taken before her trial, she did, and yet no mention has ever been made of it since then?  Just curious.  It's not 100% reliable, but, I still like to know when someone does well on it or fails.  If the results are not good, the defense just keeps it quiet.  And, it can't be used in court, so, if one fails there's no benefit to letting the public know about it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Is this documentary the only exposure you have had to this case?

No, And I think she probably is guilty, just don’t think she got a fair trial. To be fair, I’m a reporter and look at a lot of stuff including legalities. Of course, attorneys can ask what they want, but they can’t flaunt the law and the jury can’t consider evidence like “doesn’t go to church”.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size