Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 11/10/2022 at 10:44 PM, andromeda331 said:

I remember that episode. Poor Michelle and her baby. I can't believe he only got five years for that.

I haven't seen the episode in years but if I'm remembering correctly they couldn't "prove" that the baby was stillborn because of the drugs. 

That is as infuriating as it sounds. 

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I haven't seen the episode in years but if I'm remembering correctly they couldn't "prove" that the baby was stillborn because of the drugs. 

That is as infuriating as it sounds. 

Your right. Even though he put drugs in her drink for her to lose her baby. He still should have gotten more for that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Razzberry said:

2-hour Real Life Nightmare on HLN tonight about Meredith Emerson, a hiker who was murdered on Blood Mtn.  in Georgia(?).   I don't remember the case, but I think it took a long time to solve. 

Gary Hilton, the man that murdered her, had killed three other people in late 2007.  From the time he murdered Meredith it was maybe a week or two (I don't remember exactly) when he was caught. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

There are some new series' and new seasons of existing series coming up!

Sleeping with Death: (already on episode 3 but I just found out about it tonight.) Sundays at 6:00 on Oxygen.

Vanished Into Thin Air: (not sure what this one is, maybe like Disappeared?) Mondays at 9:00 on ID. 

And then new seasons of Murder In The Heartland and Murder Under the Friday Night Lights, both on Wednesdays on ID. 

You're welcome for being your TV Guide 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

There's also supposed to be a new season of that "Accident, Suicide, or Murder" show on Oxygen soon. I can't remember the date it returns, though, I want to say it's sometime after Thanksgiving? 

Accident Suicide or Murder returns on the 26th. Sleeping with Death is really good. I hadn't heard of any of the featured cases. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Accident Suicide or Murder returns on the 26th. Sleeping with Death is really good. I hadn't heard of any of the featured cases. 

Thanks :)! I've got some of those "Sleeping With Death" episodes saved on my DVR, will be watching them soon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Annber03 said:

There's also supposed to be a new season of that "Accident, Suicide, or Murder" show on Oxygen soon. I can't remember the date it returns, though, I want to say it's sometime after Thanksgiving? 

That's great. I really like that show. I usually catch reruns in the early mornings.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/13/2022 at 7:58 PM, LexieLily said:

Sleeping with Death: (already on episode 3 but I just found out about it tonight.) Sundays at 6:00 on Oxygen.

Vanished Into Thin Air: (not sure what this one is, maybe like Disappeared?) Mondays at 9:00 on ID. 

And then new seasons of Murder In The Heartland and Murder Under the Friday Night Lights, both on Wednesdays on ID. 

You're welcome for being your TV Guide 😂

Very appreciated!  I always fast forward through commercials so don’t see that new interesting-to-me things may be starting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG, episode 5 of "No One Can Hear You Scream" (Fight Like a Mother) on ID, could have been taken from a chapter of Gavin de Becker's book The Gift of Fear.  A woman (Christi) and her male friend were in a bar, and three male strangers came up and started playing pool with them and drinking.  The male friend ended up suggesting to continue the party at his house, and the three men agreed.  Christi and her friend had driven there in her truck, and the friend suggested they all ride together to the friend's house, but Christi said they couldn't all fit in her truck.  So the friend suggested Christi drive the three guys and he would walk (the male friend was described by someone as probably being too trusting).  Since meeting the 3 men, Christi had repeatedly been telling her friend that the men creeped her out, but she went ahead with the idea even though she didn't want to.  She even tried to sneak out and just go to her truck without them seeing, so she could just drive away, but they followed her to her truck, and it got bad real quick.  de Becker is big on encouraging people, especially women, to pay attention to the feeling/intuition of fear, and not let worry about hurting someone's feelings or not being polite, keep them from acting on it.  

• Love 5

I’ve read that Peacock has a mini series about Casey Anthony, called Casey:Where The Truth  LiesI Lies being the operative word.  I won’t post what she’s now alleging.  It’s so bad that even a proficient liar would be embarrassed.  A lot of people are encouraging a boycott of the show and Peacock for giving her a platform and paycheck.   I won’t watch it because it’s infuriating to me that she’s free as a bird.  I have little sympathy for her parents either, because they knew her cruelty and defended her.  

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve read that Peacock has a mini series about Casey Anthony, called Casey:Where The Truth  LiesI Lies being the operative word.  I won’t post what she’s now alleging.  It’s so bad that even a proficient liar would be embarrassed.  A lot of people are encouraging a boycott of the show and Peacock for giving her a platform and paycheck.   I won’t watch it because it’s infuriating to me that she’s free as a bird.  I have little sympathy for her parents either, because they knew her cruelty and defended her.  

They promoted it on the Today show yesterday. After seeing some of the clips, I am OUT.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

They promoted it on the Today show yesterday. After seeing some of the clips, I am OUT.

I am shocked.  

I haven’t watched the Jeffrey Dahmer series either. Nor the coverage on Dr. Phil.  It just holds no interest for me.  I read a book about it many years ago and that was enough.  

• Like 3
On 11/17/2022 at 8:39 AM, TipseyGirl said:

I read an article about the Casey Anthony case.   She's claiming her father used to smother her with a pillow until she passed out, claims he was sexually assaulting her for years, and claims he murdered the granddaughter.      

I believe nothing she says about anything.  

(Corrected from stepfather, to father). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
On 11/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve read that Peacock has a mini series about Casey Anthony, called Casey:Where The Truth  LiesI Lies being the operative word.

I see that now has a forum, Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies - Limited & Event Series - PRIMETIMER.
(I was looking for something else.)

17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I read an article about the Casey Anthony case.   She's claiming the stepfather used to smother her with a pillow until she passed out, claims he was sexually assaulting her for years, and claims he murdered the granddaughter.      

I believe nothing she says about anything.  

Exactly! Except she is claiming her FATHER did all of that.I am not interested in watching a series with her ranting about all this nonsense. And that's exactly what she was doing in the clips that Today showed. I don't believe any of it. 

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Exactly! Except she is claiming her FATHER did all of that.I am not interested in watching a series with her ranting about all this nonsense. And that's exactly what she was doing in the clips that Today showed. I don't believe any of it. 

Sorry, I thought it was stepfather, but it is Casey's father she's accusing of the murder of her daughter, and other things.   

Thanks for the correction. 

George Anthony claims he didn't even know the little girl was missing until a month had passed.   The grandmother, Casey's mother was the one who called the missing report in to police. 

Also, when the grandparents were on Dr. Phil the show producers paid them $600k to a foundation that parents established.   There are a lot of rumors about what happened to that money, and who actually ended up with it. .      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/13/2022 at 7:58 PM, LexieLily said:

Nice to see the reappearance in Episode 1, Left for Dead, of psychotherapist Stacy Kaiser, who we haven't seen since ID's Fatal Vows, where she would do dueling commentary with Brian Russell.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Did anyone else watch Real Life Nightmare about the 777 airliner that vanished?  I liked that it wasn't about killers for a change and remains a mystery. I love the show Air Disasters, but they always solve what happened.  Here, nothing but an occasional part washing up.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Razzberry said:

Did anyone else watch Real Life Nightmare about the 777 airliner that vanished?  I liked that it wasn't about killers for a change and remains a mystery. I love the show Air Disasters, but they always solve what happened.  Here, nothing but an occasional part washing up.

I saw it. For whatever reason, I never really followed the original news story all that closely when it happened - I knew the basics and whatnot, but that was about it. So a lot of this was totally new to me. Such a weird, eerie story. I think the part that freaks me out the most is the thought of the plane still in the air hours after its last contact with anyone, before it finally disappeared completely from anyone's view altogether. That's....spooky. 

And then they're talking about how unlikely it is that they can recover more of that plane....I mean, people managed to discover the wreckage of the Titanic decades after that sank, so... I definitely think, if there is anything left of that plane, it's way, WAAAAAAAAAAY down in the depths of the ocean, to where they'd need some special equipment to really dig down in there to retrieve any of it, so it'd definitely be a tough search, for sure. But it would be pretty amazing if they did discover more that could fill in some more gaps in the mystery. 

I'll have to watch the "Mayday" episode about this plane, too. I actually started getting into the "Air Disasters" show in general earlier this year. It's fascinating. Terrifying, but fascinating. 

• Love 2

I watched the Malaysian flight thing, thinking there might be a little new news. But  sadly there wasn’t. I followed pretty intently when it first happened—anyone remember clicking the tiles of the ocean that might have debris?  But then life gets in the way, except for, obviously, the actual families/friends of the dead. I did remember hearing that a few pieces had washed up. I hope one day someone can find & hopefully use the black box so they’d have some more info. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Useful 3
8 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

But then life gets in the way, except for, obviously, the actual families/friends of the dead.

My heart breaks for those poor families and friends. I can't imagine going all this time and not having any clue what happened to your loved ones after something like that, and not even having the opportunity to properly bury them. 

• Love 2

I've started season 1 of Forensic Factor on True Crime Network.  The show appears to be about different types of forensic methods to solve crimes.  And boy oh boy did I learn about a new one.  Now keep in mind that this is from 2003, which is before bite mark "science" started being heavily questioned.  So, the one I learned about is...ear prints!  They explained that sometimes before a perp enters a residence through a door, window, or sliding glass door, they lean their ear against it to try to listen to what's going on inside.  

So in that case, the perp leaves an ear print, which then would need to be matched up against some ear prints taken from suspects, and here's where the problems start.  First, ear prints are not unique (like fingerprints).  Moreover, to take the suspect ear prints to compare, they need to take 3 impressions with different pressure (meaning, one where the suspect's ear is pressing lightly against the paper, one where the ear is pressing more, and one where the ear is pressing hard).  That sh*t makes bite mark impressions seem like the pinnacle of precision science!  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

There’s an ad for the new season of Who The Bleep Did I Marry that’s been running for awhile. One clip has a man who says his wife’s uncle told him to run at the wedding. Does anyone know what episode that is?  I don’t usually watch this one but I wanted to see this guy’s story. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Tdoc72 said:

There’s an ad for the new season of Who The Bleep Did I Marry that’s been running for awhile. One clip has a man who says his wife’s uncle told him to run at the wedding. Does anyone know what episode that is?  I don’t usually watch this one but I wanted to see this guy’s story. 

That one was actually just on...last weekend, I think it was. It's called "The Knockout" :). 

• Love 3

HLN put it's true crime programming on hold from Thanksgiving until Sunday to give viewers "the gift" of a "The West Wing" marathon since their parent company owns the rights to it. CNN said the gift part in a press release. I hope this is just a one time thing. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

That one was actually just on...last weekend, I think it was. It's called "The Knockout" :). 

Just looked at the schedule, and The Knockout is on again 11/26 at 7PM ET and again on 12/3 at 11PM ET.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

HLN put it's true crime programming on hold from Thanksgiving until Sunday to give viewers "the gift" of a "The West Wing" marathon since their parent company owns the rights to it. CNN said the gift part in a press release. I hope this is just a one time thing. 

So do I. I was looking forward to Forensic Files marathon at night to finally go past 4am or 5 on the weekends. I usually can't get to sleep until very late at night and there's not a lot of alternatives at 4 or 5 in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 11/25/2022 at 10:10 PM, Annber03 said:

23 hours ago, auntjess said:

Just looked at the schedule, and The Knockout is on again 11/26 at 7PM ET and again on 12/3 at 11PM ET.

Thanks so much fellow true crime show peeps!!

• Love 2

Has anyone ever seen Dr G: Medical Examiner on True Crime Network? (It was on other channels too, back in the day.) There was a case on the episode I saw today that was just weird. 

44 year old woman, Olga Petrova, found burned to death in her home after an argument with her fiancé. As it turned out, she was being hounded by creditors and her financial house of cards was falling all around her. She suggests to her fiancé that they commit suicide together and is angry/stressed when he wants nothing to do with such a thing and leaves the house. She leaves the house, too, and drives to a nearby field, where she proceeds to set herself on fire with a lighter. Somehow she doesn't die and in fact is able to drive herself back to her home (uh, what now?) and goes all the way through her house until she gets to her bedroom and calls 911. Whereupon she falls to the floor, moaning, and that is where and how her teenage son finds her.

The ambulance arrived and she is taken to the hospital but she dies eleven hours later.

I...I have so many questions about this one.

• Mind Blown 4

Watched the new Homicide Hunter special episode "Devil in the Mountains".  Somehow I missed that there are going to be 3 such specials, and the first one "Never Give Up" already aired.  Kenda had said the original series was ending because they had run out of cases and the remaining ones were either too simple or too gruesome.  But apparently DNA advancements enabled one of his unsolved cases to be solved, and that is what "Never Give Up" is about.  

I'm guessing that "Devil in the Mountains" was one of the gruesome ones, but they decided to make a show about it anyway.  It was the only serial killer he has ever dealt with.  What was really startling to me, and I don't think I've ever seen it before, was they showed the actual mummified headless remains of one of the victims. I'm guessing they needed permission from the family to show something like that.  But it was great to see Kenda again, and all his gang! 

The other noteworthy thing was the absence of Carl Marino as young Kenda.  Some internet searching turned up that apparently Marino is a class-A d*ck and also a fraudster regarding the nature of his past law enforcement experience. Kenda strongly dislikes him and has no respect for him, and I'm guessing he put his foot down for this round of specials.  Some other internet searching showed that many people are up in arms and predict that the "new" show will crash and burn due to Marino's absence, and the fact that the show no longer features re-enactments, and instead leans more heavily on Kenda's and the others' talking heads. (There's a few scenes with brief silent re-enactments and a different actor who definitely resembles Marino.)  I think the doom-and-gloom predications are crap, and I enjoyed it just fine without Marino.  Like him or hate him, Kenda really is a classic!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I hadn't realized HLN still had live shows. It essentially became the Forensic Files Network years ago. But now Warners is making more cuts and along with eliminating live shows they will be merging programming.

Some of the major cutbacks at CNN are occurring at HLN, which will cease live programming, while its true crime line up will be merged with Investigation Discovery to produce its true-crime slate.

A simulcast of CNN This Morning will take the place of HLN Morning Express with Robin Meade, according to a source with knowledge of the plans. Meade is leaving the network along with staffers who were part of the layoffs, and Weekend Express also will be dropped from the schedule. The true crime programming will move to Warner Bros. Discovery and Kathleen Finch, chairman and chief content officer of the U.S. networks group.

What does this mean for Forensic Files II? At this point it really makes no sense to have HLN at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I really like the format of Forensic Files, but can't find the newer ones anywhere other than pay-to-stream sites.  Boo.  Last week HLN didn't even air Real Life Nightmare, but it will be on tonight and sounds like a good one. 

Dec 4, 2022                                                                                        S4 E3 · Secrets in the Catholic Church: Father Kunz Murder                   A Catholic priest investigating sex abuse within the church is found with his throat slit in his church of 32 years.

• Useful 3

The latest Real Life Nightmare was interesting, but I'm disappointed that Holes apparently isn't there to try and solve anything.  This must be the easiest gig he's had ever.  Just show up and say a few lines.  They had him saying something about the blood spatter, but nothing new, and not even speculation about possible suspects.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Killer Cases on A&E I guess it's not a who done it but if the person gets convicted. The latest episode had a man shoot his estrange wife and a friend of hers. He would have shot the other friend and his wife's boyfriend but the boyfriend got away. The other friend managed to be hidden behind the closet door and he didn't see her. She did see him kill the friend before managing to flee. The husband was mad because his wife keeps trying to put him in jail and is dating someone else. Maybe because your a crazy abusive asshole and a stalker? He could have a girlfriend thought. He was in court earlier that day but left off without any restrictions. I wish he had because he set his wife's cloths on fire but the judge didn't he broke in to his wife's house early in the morning and trashed it. His poor wife didn't find out about it until she returned home after the court case but she also didn't press charges. I wish she had but I don't know if the cops would have gotten him since he left the court house went to get some beers at a gas station before showing up at the house to kill her. 

They showed some jail house recordings between him and his sister. She didn't seem to care at all what he did. She was instructing him to pretend that he didn't remember what happened and was sure that he'd be out soon. I guess it's no mystery where he learned his behavior from. I hope his wife's family got their kids away from him she told him that even though the kids don't know what happened but his son told her that he'll love his dad no matter what he did. I have a feeling his family was brainwashing the kids. When she testified later to try and save his life from the death penalty by telling what a great person and dad he is. I can't believe she doesn't care that he murdered his wife and another woman. His other sister testified that she tried to act as go between him and his wife. Gee, I'm sure she did a great job.

He tried to claim he didn't remember and that he was on drugs at the time. So the prosecution called the Judge he saw earlier that day who testified that he testified he wasn't on anything. At least the judge did that. The defense lawyer was upset the Judge wasn't more favorable to his client. Really dude? He let him go without any restrictions and he murdered his wife a few hours later. Of course he's not going to be favorable to him. It's nice that came back to bite him in the ass. So did his many nasty voicemails and text messages to his wife about what a whore, bitch and evil she was.

One weird thing was a neighbor took a picture of his wife's boyfriend mowing his lawn which is what set him off. I wonder why he did that. If a neighbor asked me to do that I'd say no.  

I'm glad he got the death penalty. He deserved it.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

A man found dead in New York ended up being a 'family man' who went missing from his Connecticut life for nearly 10 years and adopted a fake name (msn.com)

I watched the episode of Disappeared that featured Hoagland from CT.  It’s season 7, episode 8.  It seems the home life was intolerable due to one of his son’s drug addiction.  He had three sons and one lived at home. This son was an adult, but very much involved in stealing for drugs.  The son even took two of the family computers shortly before the man disappeared.  He felt bad the computers got gone during his watch, as his wife was out of town.  It’s possible he couldn’t take it anymore.  Plus, he bought a map the morning he left.  Why did he leave his medication and thousands of dollars?  

It’ll be interesting to know why he recently died and what he’s been doing for all these years.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 5