Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Alistaire said:

Just thought I’d post a heads up about something I discovered on a cloudy Labor Day. I started this thread and just found that Primetimers does have a true-crime(ish) board. Go to Talk, News, and Non-Fiction Shows, and at the bottom, there’s “Other Non-Fiction.” Lots of true crime discussion of various qualities there. I’ll double check to make sure I got the board name right.

Thank you for this!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Alistaire said:

Just thought I’d post a heads up about something I discovered on a cloudy Labor Day. I started this thread and just found that Primetimers does have a true-crime(ish) board. Go to Talk, News, and Non-Fiction Shows, and at the bottom, there’s “Other Non-Fiction.” Lots of true crime discussion of various qualities there. I’ll double check to make sure I got the board name right.

I was not able to locate the thread as you describe.  Can you post the link? 

I did see this one.  Are they different threads?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Alistaire said:

Sure. Go to “All Shows.” Keep scrolling down past Dramas, Comedy, Reality Shows, etc., etc., and then finally you should come to “Talk, News, and Non-Fiction”: Here 

HTH

So, after you click the link you provide above, there are multiple threads. What’s the title of the thread?  There are 4 pages of threads and I don’t see one for current real life crimes.  Thanks.  

17 minutes ago, Alistaire said:

It’s a general forum/board discussing mostly streaming service series (Netflix, Discovery, etc.). For example, there’s a Tiger King thread, but Tiger King is a Netflix series as well as a person. So, no, it’s not true-crime apart from television, but there are many true-crimes covered on the various series-threads.

Oh, I see.  Got it. Thanks.  I’ll look over them all.  I have posted there on Autopsy. The Last 24 Hours.  

• Love 1
On 9/3/2021 at 10:08 PM, nokat said:

Finally watching Deadly Women because Real Life™. I always wonder how women get men to kill for them. Magic vagina? The men obviously aren't the sharpest tacks. They'll say she was a beauty, then show her image and I think seriously? Not a beauty. 

What really boggles the mind are those who murder someone upon the request of an online catfisher over some completely bogus story.  It’s so outrageous that it makes me angry.  

• Love 4

Comments on several Reasonable Doubt episodes:

Ep #8 To Dye For --

On 9/1/2021 at 8:08 PM, kathyk24 said:

Kara may not have been a sympathetic defendant but there were huge holes in the case. The little boy's testimony changed so much I thought he had been coached by the police. The use of jailhouse informants is a huge red flag for me

Yep.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:37 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I laughed when lead the investigator says the co-defendant wasn’t smart enough to figure his way out of a room with one door!  He was no prize, that’s for sure. 

Yeah, but I disagree with Chris that the guy would have had to be an evil mastermind to have successfully framed her.  As Chris laid it out, he would have needed to get rid of the gun two months prior so that Kara reported it stolen...not that hard.  He would have also needed to hide the clothes so they could be found -- again not that hard, and do the same with the gun, again, not hard.  I do have to say, though, that there would be one hard part, and that is convincing another woman to commit the murder, or at least a man who could pass for a woman.  Still, this is hardly genius-level stuff, and the guy didn't come off to me as any dimmer than many of the other folks we've seen. 

Ep #7 Hypnotized -- As soon as they said that the victim and girlfriend/child came home, and that the girlfriend/child came into the house but for some reason the victim stayed out in his truck, where he was shot, I became suspicious of the girlfriend.  Having watched these true crime shows over the years, we've seen so many plots where people are together, and then for some reason, one of them lags behind or wanders off, and then coincidentally a murder occurs!  (Or another suspicious one -- one person remains out-of-town and the other returns home, and coincidentally someone is waiting at the home to murder them.)   Then finding out that she illegally took the truck from the impound lot and had it thoroughly cleaned...seriously, why wasn't this chick looked at more closely as a suspect?

Chris kept talking about about how adamant the girlfriend was as to who she picked out from the lineup...well, of course, she needed to be, in order to throw everyone off of her scent and onto someone else, especially while she was being exalted as the grieving girlfriend.

And I disagree completely with Chris's conclusion that 'no motive to kill' isn't a valid clue.  Yes the convict admitted to once carrying a gun, and he was in a gang; but the gang didn't dislike the victim, there didn't appear at all to be a history in this gang of killing people, the gang didn't have a murder hit out on the victim, and the convict didn't think that the murder would make him cooler in the gang's eyes.  There was no motive to kill.

Very glad that they are taking this case...I think he's innocent.

Ep #6 Trapped in the Middle -- I did not find the DNA simulation test convincing at all because it only showed that after washing their hands once, there remained some DNA under the fingernails.  But on the victim, the DNA was found under her nails 5 days later, which is a very, very different timeframe, with lots more handwashing, showering, etc that would have occurred.

Also, when they were considering the time of death, it was mentioned that it was very hot and an implication that it would have hastened decomposition, so the victim couldn't have died several days before she was found....unless, according to Chris, it was the unlikely case that the AC was on full blast and the windows weren't open.  Well, the crime scene would show whether the windows were open and whether the AC was on!  There was no report that it was hot inside (like it sometimes is when the perp wants to hasten decomposition), so if the AC had been on before she was killed -- which it probably would have since it was hot at the time -- then the AC would still be on when she was found, thus not leading to more decomposition and the victim could have died several days earlier .  

• Love 3

I'm watching that now, yeah. There was a documentary on HBO about this case that I saw a couple years back, too, called I Love You, Now Die

What Michelle did was cruel and disturbing, for sure. You don't talk like that to someone who you know full well has had a history of suicidal behavior. Not even jokingly (I wondered, on some level, if some of those texts were really dark jokes that unfortunately read as serious to Conrad - we all know how hard it can be to read tone over the internet). And she had plenty of opportunity to alert someone once she realized that night that Conrad was actually going to go through with his suicide, and she didn't, which makes her culpable right there. She does deserve to be held responsible for her role in this, yes. And her behavior after his death really did not help matters, either, in terms of trying to paint herself as an innocent bystander. 

All of that being said, however, I hesitate to put all the responsibility, for lack of a better word, solely on her. The fact remains that Conrad did have a history of suicidal thoughts, and sadly, I don't rule out the idea that he might've eventually killed himself, whether Michelle was there or not. His mom kept talking about how his life seemed to be on an upswing beforehand...well, how often do we hear that after someone kills themselves? "Oh, but they seemed so happy! Their life was changing for the better, things were looking up for them!" And yet... 

Basically, I feel like Conrad and Michelle fed off each other a lot. I think they were both very troubled young kids, who each needed a lot of help, and unfortunately, they found each other and kind of exacerbated and egged on each other's trauma and struggles in a lot of ways. 

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Ep #7 Hypnotized -- As soon as they said that the victim and girlfriend/child came home, and that the girlfriend/child came into the house but for some reason the victim stayed out in his truck, where he was shot, I became suspicious of the girlfriend.  Having watched these true crime shows over the years, we've seen so many plots where people are together, and then for some reason, one of them lags behind or wanders off, and then coincidentally a murder occurs!  (Or another suspicious one -- one person remains out-of-town and the other returns home, and coincidentally someone is waiting at the home to murder them.)   Then finding out that she illegally took the truck from the impound lot and had it thoroughly cleaned...seriously, why wasn't this chick looked at more closely as a suspect?

YES. I thought the exact same thing throughout this whole episode. This sounded a lot more like some kind of personal murder rather than a gang hit - after all, if they'd killed the guy, wouldn't they try and kill her, too, if they saw her there, if only to avoid leaving behind any witnesses? 

I too am glad they're taking another look at this case. Even the brother of the guy who was murdered seems on board with giving this another look, which tells me something right there about how flimsy the evidence was (and man, when he broke down while trying to talk about his brother...that got to me). 

Ep #6 Trapped in the Middle -- I did not find the DNA simulation test convincing at all because it only showed that after washing their hands once, there remained some DNA under the fingernails.  But on the victim, the DNA was found under her nails 5 days later, which is a very, very different timeframe, with lots more handwashing, showering, etc that would have occurred.

I thought the same thing about this part of this case, too. If they're doing these reenactments, it helps to try and match it as closely as one can to the time frame involved in the actual case, to better bolster their stances and theories. 

• Love 5

I’ve seen several pieces on Michelle Carter.  It’s difficult to wrap my brain around it.  I see her more of a psycho.  Pretty evil, but pretends to be nice.  It’s likely she’ll hurt someone else, imo.  I recognized several of the tv crime reporters on the special like Ashleigh Bendfeld, but who was the other lady who was commenting on the crime, psychological aspects, etc?  She’s been around since early days of court tv.  

• Love 4
On 9/7/2021 at 11:30 PM, Annber03 said:

I'm watching that now, yeah. There was a documentary on HBO about this case that I saw a couple years back, too, called I Love You, Now Die

What Michelle did was cruel and disturbing, for sure. You don't talk like that to someone who you know full well has had a history of suicidal behavior. Not even jokingly (I wondered, on some level, if some of those texts were really dark jokes that unfortunately read as serious to Conrad - we all know how hard it can be to read tone over the internet). And she had plenty of opportunity to alert someone once she realized that night that Conrad was actually going to go through with his suicide, and she didn't, which makes her culpable right there. She does deserve to be held responsible for her role in this, yes. And her behavior after his death really did not help matters, either, in terms of trying to paint herself as an innocent bystander. 

All of that being said, however, I hesitate to put all the responsibility, for lack of a better word, solely on her. The fact remains that Conrad did have a history of suicidal thoughts, and sadly, I don't rule out the idea that he might've eventually killed himself, whether Michelle was there or not. His mom kept talking about how his life seemed to be on an upswing beforehand...well, how often do we hear that after someone kills themselves? "Oh, but they seemed so happy! Their life was changing for the better, things were looking up for them!" And yet... 

Basically, I feel like Conrad and Michelle fed off each other a lot. I think they were both very troubled young kids, who each needed a lot of help, and unfortunately, they found each other and kind of exacerbated and egged on each other's trauma and struggles in a lot of ways. 

YES. I thought the exact same thing throughout this whole episode. This sounded a lot more like some kind of personal murder rather than a gang hit - after all, if they'd killed the guy, wouldn't they try and kill her, too, if they saw her there, if only to avoid leaving behind any witnesses? 

I too am glad they're taking another look at this case. Even the brother of the guy who was murdered seems on board with giving this another look, which tells me something right there about how flimsy the evidence was (and man, when he broke down while trying to talk about his brother...that got to me). 

I thought the same thing about this part of this case, too. If they're doing these reenactments, it helps to try and match it as closely as one can to the time frame involved in the actual case, to better bolster their stances and theories. 

I wasn't sympathetic to Conrad's mother. She could have done more to protect her son. She could have gotten an unlisted number blocked Michelle's number or gotten a restraining order against her. 

• Love 4

Killer Siblings is rerunning the Carrs episode tonight. The brutality of this crime just shook me to my core when I found out about it during the trial. Even though the show glosses over a lot and omits some details it's still incredibly gruesome.

I think my draw to this crime is the unbelievable strength of the survivor HG. We only know the details because of her courage. 

• Love 5
On 9/10/2021 at 8:16 PM, chick binewski said:

Killer Siblings is rerunning the Carrs episode tonight. The brutality of this crime just shook me to my core when I found out about it during the trial. Even though the show glosses over a lot and omits some details it's still incredibly gruesome.

I think my draw to this crime is the unbelievable strength of the survivor HG. We only know the details because of her courage. 

I read A LOT  of the trial transcripts and believe me, the show gave only some details.  The crime was beyond horrific.  They should be  executed forthwith. No mercy, no appeals,not even air to breathe.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I read A LOT  of the trial transcripts and believe me, the show gave only some details.  The crime was beyond horrific.  They should be  executed forthwith. No mercy, no appeals,not even air to breathe.

Another reason I feel terrible for the survivors and the victims' families. Kansas has gone back & forth on the death penalty ruling for almost two decades. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I agree 100%. There is no rehabilitation for this crime. God bless Holly G. The way she found out her boyfriend was going to propose was just one more heartbreaking thing she went through that night.

• Love 3

Did anyone see Reasonable Doubt tonight? I would have thrown something at the tv if Chris and Fatima didn't take that case. How do you convict someone with no physical evidence? I think the police badgered the eyewitness until she chose the one they wanted.

• Love 4

I'm glad they took that case, too - I had a feeling they would as the episode went on and more questions were being raised about the trial and everything. 

3 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

How do you convict someone with no physical evidence?

This. I mean, I know it was 1974 and they didn't have the kind of technological advances they do now, but hell, the police didn't seem like they even tried. I saw a story on "A Crime to Remember" once about the murder of a family here in Iowa that happened in 1975. The police had been conducting a pretty thorough investigation as it was, but when they learned their main suspect had come all the way from California back to Iowa just before the murders happened, they went to the trouble of actually traveling the route he would've taken, following and pinpointing every stop he would've made along the way and interviewing people he would've stopped to meet with and visit as well, to try and time it all out. And their efforts ultimately proved successful, as that trip, along with the other actual physical and detailed evidence they collected, helped to prove the guy's guilt and put him in prison.

So if they could manage to do that back in the mid '70s, surely these officers in Edmond, Oklahoma could take some time to try and check out Glynn's alibi for the night of the murders, up to and including traveling to Harvey, Louisiana if need be to talk to people and see if his alibi held up. You don't need fancy modern technology to make a simple phone call or take a trip, after all. 

I think the police badgered the eyewitness until she chose the one they wanted.

Yep. They made a point of mentioning during the episode that she'd been in there using a fake ID to buy alcohol. I could easily see the police using that against her to try and get her to go with the suspects they had in mind. Which, considering this poor girl had been shot  in the head and had to have brain surgery to save her life, would make the pressure they put on her all the more scummy. That memory test that Chris did - those people struggled to pick the person out of that lineup, and they didn't have any kind of brain injury or surgery. Yet the people working Glynn's case seriously expected the testimony of a woman who a) barely got a good look at the guys, and b) was suffering a trauma to her brain/head, to be accurate? Okay. 

I fully agree that race was definitely a factor, if not THE factor, in this case, with the cops being eager to just grab any black guys they could find to pin the crime on, without bothering to do much ,if any, investigation. Kendra talking about how her uncle's refused to set foot in Edmond ever since that case said it all - obviously he wouldn't want to go because of the personal pain connected to that town, but it's also clear that none of Glynn's relatives or friends felt all that comfortable or welcome in the town because of the racial attitudes. The fact the trial, which involved these two men potentially being sentenced to death over the flimsiest of evidence, took only three days....that's really disturbing, and really telling. 

The fact that the prosecutor has been expressing regret and concern over sending Glynn to jail, to the point of advocating to the parole board that he should be released, and the victim's sister is on Glynn's side as well....that absolutely speaks volumes, too. As does Don backing up Glynn's insistence that they didn't meet until after the robbery. Yeah, he's got his own feelings about things, but still, that's one area where they're in agreement, and it's a pretty important detail at that. I liked Glynn's point to Chris about how, if you're innocent, you don't know the answer to certain questions, whereas if you're guilty, you're going to have all those answers ready to go. I thought that was a really interesting argument to make. 

So yeah, I really hope the private investigator's efforts pay off, especially in regards to sorting out Glynn's alibi for that night, and they can manage to let him go free in the end. Whether they'll be able to actually ultimately prove who did commit this crime or not, I don't know, but at the very least, they can let Glynn go back home to his family. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 5

It’s only happened to me a couple of times in my life, but being accused of doing something that you didn’t do is a HORRIBLE feeling.  I can’t image being falsely accused of something so heinous and serving a long prison sentence.  It breaks my heart.  Good luck if they try to get a Governor’s pardon on that case featured on Reasonable Doubt.  

I’ve seen recent cases where defendants are convicted of murder without any physical evidence.  Basically, the state shows opportunity, means and sometimes motive. (Affairs, jealousy, greed, tired of being married, custody battle, etc,)

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve seen recent cases where defendants are convicted of murder without any physical evidence.  Basically, the state shows opportunity, means and sometimes motive. (Affairs, jealousy, greed, tired of being married, custody battle, etc,)

Exactly. It can be done, and some cases are the sort where they literally have no choice but to go ahead with little to no physical evidence (though I know a lot of prosecutors talk about how difficult it is to try those kinds of cases)...but usually the prosecution, if they and the investigators do their jobs well enough, makes sure they've got plenty of other kinds of evidence to help build a strong enough case. Whether it's physical evidence or eyewitness statements or a motive or whatever, it's risky, and generally pretty dumb, for anyone to hang their entire case on one element alone. 

• Love 6

I’m waiting for a show on the SC attorney (Murdaugh) saga.  I posted a little about it on the Southern Charm forum Thomas Ravenal thread.  I suspect there’ll  be one this weekend.  It’s a very ODD case.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6

It's so interesting about the difference in interest level among detectives for how much they get into a case.  To be fair, it's easier to be more interested when you're in a small town and you don't have a high caseload, but we've seen plenty of small towns where the detectives just didn't do much.  Contrast that with the Accident, Suicide, or Murder detective (episode Murder on the Tracks) where a woman was on a railroad track and runover by the train. 

There was a sub-par autopsy and it was concluded as suicide, so case closed.  One of the detectives just didn't have a good feeling, so when the department was requiring that the evidence not be maintained any longer given that it was ruled not a homicide, he kept the evidence in his trunk for 2-3 years until a tip enabled the case to be re-opened.  So he still had the evidence to move forward.  No surprise, exhumed the body, did a better autopsy, found it was homicide, husband did it, and killed her before the train ever came along.

• Love 5

That guy was a real piece of work. Isn't he the same one who showed up to a party with his new girlfriend, paraded her around in front of his estranged wife, and actually showed said wife all the scratches on his back that the girlfriend gave him? He should consider himself lucky his wife didn't punch his lights out after that. 

But yeah, I agree with the general sentiment about how varied investigators' responses to a case can be. And then there's the cases where the original investigators didn't do much or struggled to solve it, and then years later a new group of people come in and manage to solve it. Sometimes it seems all that's needed is a fresh pair of eyes. 

• Love 2

The latest new Cold Case Files while the murder/rapist did get long sentences for his earlier rapes. He would serve his time and go onto rape again and go to jail. One was even for forty years. Then he was arrested for assaulting a child. How long was he sentence for the crime? Two years. He gets out and returns to raping and murdering women. Why was it so damn hard to keep him in jail? Gee, this guy keeps raping, gets arrested, serves his time and then gets out and rapes again. Maybe not let him out? Maybe give him a life sentence since its clear that he's not going to stop? No wonder he started killing his victims. When they find him for the 1980s murder where is? In jail for another rape. He confesses to it, six more murders, dozens of rapes and burglery. I wish I could say at least that would be different now but we know that's not true. 

But the other infuriating thing what was the job he was able to get after serving his time for rape? EMT. That's right. EMT. How nice that when you call 911 for help and a rapist shows up? How the hell was that even possible? His crime should disqualify him from that job. 

• Love 3

I’m attempting to locate all the shows that featured the murder of UNC student Faith Hedgepth from 2012.  It was featured on just about every crime show around.  She was a beautiful and intelligent young woman from a Native American community in NC.  

Her case has been a mystery for a long time.  She was found beaten to death by her roommate in their off campus apt.  A note about not being jealous was left nearby written by the killer.  The police and SBI conducted a long and dedicated investigation. They haven’t released certain details.  They had the killer’s DNA all along, but could not find the culprit….it was always unofficially insinuated the roommate’s ex boyfriend was a person of interest.  Roommate, too in my mind. But DNA didn’t match. They just announced the arrest of someone completely different!  He lives in a nearby town. His family claims he didn’t know Faith….?   So, it’s a mystery.  It was him though. They matched his DNA because his was entered into data base, due to being convicted of another crime.  Must have been recently.  I wonder if he was alone.  

The timing of this arrest is ironic.  Faith’s cousin is a young lady named Brooke Simpson, who is an aspiring singer.  She came in 4th on America’s Got Talent this past Tuesday night.  (She never mentioned her cousin’s murder on the show.) The arrest of the killer was made Wednesday!  

• Useful 3

Holy crap, just watched a freaking bizarre episode of "Accident, Suicide, or Murder" called 'Deadly Prophecy'. It's about a family that isolated themselves in their home, to the point where nobody interacted with them for about ten years, outside of the occasional welfare check. Eventually the mother and daughter were found dead, and the scene is...grotesque ,to say the least (seriously, not kidding, there's some very unsettling images and descriptions throughout, so heads up for anyone who watches this), and the reason behind their deaths is disturbing. It's one of the saddest, creepiest, weirdest stories I've ever seen. 

It also takes place in the same town with the whole Lori Daybell case, so...yeah. Rexburg, Idaho really making quite a name for itself on the true crime front :/. 

• Love 4
On 9/18/2021 at 7:07 PM, Annber03 said:

Holy crap, just watched a freaking bizarre episode of "Accident, Suicide, or Murder" called 'Deadly Prophecy'

This is one I somehow missed. I looked for it on onDemand.  I'm watching it now.

• Love 1

Very engrossing new show on ID called Detective Diaries.  It was about those 2 unrelated cases where the people had been thrown into a well (I've encountered these crimes before).  The detective was a good narrator for the episode, very personable.  Pretty freaky how the second case came to the (other?) detective's attention because of a fluke tree falling on his car and he had to take it to a shop.....although, really, it does seem more like divine intervention.

Also, heartbreaking episode on Citizen PI on ID+.  It was A Failure in the System, and had one of the most horrible people I've seen on one of these shows.  As the episode unfolded, the narrator discovered some terrible things about her SO (can't remember if he was boyfriend/fiancee/husband), who she lived with and had a child with.  So they separated and she won full custody of their son, but the man was given unsupervised visits.  She begged the court not to allow it, because what she had uncovered included two probable murders.  But the court refused, and on that very first visit, he killed their infant son for the insurance money on a policy he had taken out.  And although I don't think he went to trial for it, it appeared that he killed the mother of his other older child, again for the insurance money, and even killed his own mother for the insurance money.  

Something weird that struck me, though, was that although she had been dating this guy quite awhile, she didn't even know that the mother of his other child was dead.  She assumed (her wording) that when he went to take the child to back to where the child lived, that it was with the mother...it wasn't, it was with the grandmother, who had custody.  But how do you live with someone and not delve into the situation regarding your SO's child?  And it was odd, because this woman was sharp, and had even worked in the intelligence field.  But no one in her family liked this guy, and I guess she just had a blind spot or something.

• Love 5

I recommend a 2-hour show on ID, The Murder List, which is on again Sunday morning, 10/3, at 7AM ET.

120 MIN 

A probation check on a shoplifter turns up evidence of dozens of rapes, plus a list with ten cryptic entries. Investigators fear they have stumbled upon a hidden serial killer. They have one year to decode the list before the suspect goes free.

THE MURDER LIST

• Love 3

I was excited to watch a new show tonight - the Guide said it was new - at 9:00 of something called True Nightmares: Tales of Terror. Only to give up after two minutes because I recognized the opening layout/narration. True Nightmares lasted for two seasons in 2015 and apparently ID repackaged it, called it something new, and divided the original hour episodes into two half-hour blocks.

I'm annoyed. (Not at the show, I really liked True Nightmares and the narration of the host, but at ID trying to pass it off as something new.)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Detective Dairies on the ID Channel is excellent. Tonight's episode featured a defense attorney who got a man cleared of killing his wife after spending twenty five years in prison. I think the falsely accused man should sue the police and the district attorney for wrongful conviction.

• Love 4

Anyone watch the Toolbox Killer the other nite on Snapped?  A  female psychologist "studied" Lawrence Bittacker who was one of the most sadistic killers ever. S he spent a LOT of time with him and it seemed to me she had developed sort of a crush on him-- if you listen to the phone calls--and I noticed  rather provocative outfits she would wear when she visited him. {the dirtbag died recently of cancer}. I don't think she was objective at all, and dare I say it, had a little bit of a crush.

Anyone else see it?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Anyone watch the Toolbox Killer the other nite on Snapped?  A  female psychologist "studied" Lawrence Bittacker who was one of the most sadistic killers ever. S he spent a LOT of time with him and it seemed to me she had developed sort of a crush on him-- if you listen to the phone calls--and I noticed  rather provocative outfits she would wear when she visited him. {the dirtbag died recently of cancer}. I don't think she was objective at all, and dare I say it, had a little bit of a crush.

I agree. I thought the FBI profiler did a great job of setting the record straight. I believe Bittaker was playing Brand (the psych) for a fool and it worked.

• Love 4

One murder I used to see often was the one where the guy and his girlfriend had matching BMWs, or some expensive car, his black and hers white.
I'd rather see repeats of this than the one of the Texas kids hiring killers.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, One Tough Cookie said:

I remember seeing an episode on Snapped about a married women and her neighbor having an affair,  The woman was beautiful and the man was extremely good looking {naturally}.  When the actual mugshots were shown both of them looked downright skeevy.  The man looked like a ape and the woman looked like she was on drugs.

I've had the same thoughts with a few of these shows.  I was watching one where the young woman said she dropped out of school and started doing adult modeling because it was fun.  I thought the actress playing her would look similar.  Not even close!  I was just thinking, people actually paid you to model?  To each their own, but it would be nice if the casting was at least close..lol. I was happy she wasn't dead though because she did some wild stuff and got in trouble with the law a bit.

• LOL 2
On 9/17/2021 at 10:31 PM, andromeda331 said:

The latest new Cold Case Files while the murder/rapist did get long sentences for his earlier rapes. He would serve his time and go onto rape again and go to jail. One was even for forty years. Then he was arrested for assaulting a child. How long was he sentence for the crime? Two years. He gets out and returns to raping and murdering women. Why was it so damn hard to keep him in jail? Gee, this guy keeps raping, gets arrested, serves his time and then gets out and rapes again. Maybe not let him out? Maybe give him a life sentence since its clear that he's not going to stop? No wonder he started killing his victims. When they find him for the 1980s murder where is? In jail for another rape. He confesses to it, six more murders, dozens of rapes and burglery. I wish I could say at least that would be different now but we know that's not true. 

But the other infuriating thing what was the job he was able to get after serving his time for rape? EMT. That's right. EMT. How nice that when you call 911 for help and a rapist shows up? How the hell was that even possible? His crime should disqualify him from that job. 

The US justice system needs an overhaul.  I mean they don't even care about old people having their homes taken away by strangers and strangers squatting in people's homes, so I won't hold my breath.

• Love 5