Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Yeah I’ve watched enough to know that his upbringing was rough and he got the brunt of the abuse in his household so yeah you feel sorry for the kids and what they grew up in. I agree with you the “parties” outside executions leave me uneasy also. I can’t really put my finger on what it was about her that left me kind of feeling weirded out, although that often happens with that show for some reason. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, carpedi7 said:

I can’t really put my finger on what it was about her that left me kind of feeling weirded out, although that often happens with that show for some reason. 

It does, yeah. I think it's just the whole thing of the people in these shows trying to defend these awful people much of the time, trying to show there was a good side to these people-it's tough to reconcile the happy memories they do have of their family members (or spouses or friends) with the horrible crimes they committed. and then so many of them either miss or shrug off things that we're sitting here thinking, "...and that didn't set off massive alarm bells for you?" Like the way the family so easily accepted Gacy's explanation for the weird smell in his house, or when she explained how her family dealt with his sodomy conviction and brought his, "It's all stupid politics" nonsense. Like you said, he's her brother and she may love him, sure, but...still... It's just weird how people can so easily shrug some of this stuff off, and believe these lies and stories. 

But then again, I've been fortunate to never know somebody who committed those kinds of heinous crimes. Maybe if I had, I might fall into that trap, too. I dunno. The mind can go to some truly amazing lengths to try and shield somebody from acknowledging something painful and traumatic, after all. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I also felt for her when she talked about how her family was being harassed by people and getting threats after Gacy was arrested. That's awful and just not right. I found the crowds standing outside eagerly awaiting Gacy's execution and turning it into some kind of party really creepy and unsettling. I get people not shedding any tears for his death in and of itself, I especially get his victims' families being relieved/glad to see him go, but I just don't get the public spectacle aspect of executions at all. It's no different than the people who went to see public hangings back in the day, in my opinion, and it just all feels very...grotesque and disturbing. Plus, it just gives the criminal even more attention and further fuels their egos right up to the time they die, which they frankly really don't need. 

Especially in today's "Make This Go Viral" mindset, I feel badly for people who are adjacent to people who did something bad.  They get a lot of ire that is completely undeserved.  People partied when Ted Bundy was executed as well.  I don't get it (well, I understand, but wouldn't travel to stand outside and party while someone is executed - and I do agree with the death penalty), but it happens.

17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

It does, yeah. I think it's just the whole thing of the people in these shows trying to defend these awful people much of the time, trying to show there was a good side to these people-it's tough to reconcile the happy memories they do have of their family members (or spouses or friends) with the horrible crimes they committed. and then so many of them either miss or shrug off things that we're sitting here thinking, "...and that didn't set off massive alarm bells for you?" Like the way the family so easily accepted Gacy's explanation for the weird smell in his house, or when she explained how her family dealt with his sodomy conviction and brought his, "It's all stupid politics" nonsense. Like you said, he's her brother and she may love him, sure, but...still... It's just weird how people can so easily shrug some of this stuff off, and believe these lies and stories. 

But then again, I've been fortunate to never know somebody who committed those kinds of heinous crimes. Maybe if I had, I might fall into that trap, too. I dunno. The mind can go to some truly amazing lengths to try and shield somebody from acknowledging something painful and traumatic, after all. 

It's a tough spot to be in.  My husband's Uncle was someone I really liked, but he had done something terrible.  He owned that, and deserved jail time for it.  He was also under the influence of drugs when he did something horrible, and was suffering severe PTSD, having just returned home from Viet-Nam.  And he was raised in a house of horrors, suffered horrible physical and sexual abuse.  Nowadays, we do take some of that in to account - we have special veterans courts, etc, but back then, not so much.  And he didn't murder anyone, but he drove the car away from a murder that someone else committed, and he did commit a crime I don't want to go in to here.  The sad thing is he got made an example of by the courts, and got a horribly unfair sentence, where his co-conspirator got a lesser sentence - they were tried in separate venues.  So while he didn't do anything nearly as bad as Gacy, or a lot of the people we see on these shows, I can understand why people would be upset with him.  And I can understand how you can still care about someone who committed a terrible crime.  When someone drops off the news cycle, that's the last you generally hear about them.  While many can't be rehabilitated, my husband's Uncle received mental health treatment, and medical treatment in prison.  He married a lovely woman and I believe could have gone back in to society.  He never got that chance.  So I do "get it" to a degree.  We don't always see the big picture.  But that does NOT mean that I condone crime, etc.  I just acknowledge that being a relative can be tough.

• Love 13

Funky-rat, thanks for sharing that. I also have a family member who committed a terrible crime (which I think is part of the reason I watch so much true crime). It's hard to separate the person you knew and cared about from the act(s) they committed.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

Funky-rat, thanks for sharing that. I also have a family member who committed a terrible crime (which I think is part of the reason I watch so much true crime). It's hard to separate the person you knew and cared about from the act(s) they committed.

My mom's youngest brother was a petty criminal (bad checks, etc), and I think that's one reason I got in to it as well.

• Love 6

There's another famous crime we didn't mention, that I just saw again, and it's the Peter Porco murder, and attempted Joan Porco murder, by their son Christopher when he was over 200 miles away at college.  There's two things I always remember from that crime -- 1) after Peter's head was bashed in with an ax, he was still alive and basically on auto-pilot for at least 5 minutes going through his daily morning motions with blood flowing all over the place, 2) even after an overwhelming amount of evidence pointing to their son Christopher as the only person who could have done it, and tons of motive, and lots of previous other illegal dealings, Joan still stood by Christopher and refused to believe he did it, in spite of her earlier almost-deathbed declaration that he was responsible.

• Love 17

I read the articles about the Proco murders, and Joan Porco was a fool.   Her son did it, they found his motivation, and with his history he was the obvious place to start with suspects.    His guilty verdict was exactly right, and his 46 year sentence is much less than other states would have sentenced him to.       The son also forged his transcript to get into college.    It was also found out that Christopher had burglarized his parents house several times, and sold items like computers on ebay, using his brother's name, and some items were recovered by police, who untangled the burglary history.       

The father found out about the son forging his student loan application as co-signer, and doing the same for his Jeep loan, and the father was going to call the bank and have the loans cancelled, and probably resulting in forgery and theft charges.         I don't know what the relationship between mother and son is now, but she was wrong to try to cover for him.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10

So, HLN's Crime Time line up is using 'Scarborough Fair' as the promo music. 

Does anyone else think that's Jane Velez-Mitchell singing It? 

Edited by arejay
It's the whole line up, not just DRS
  • Love 2

I know it wouldn't be ID if there weren't annoying promos running every fifteen seconds for the same program, but the one for John Walsh's new show with "Nowhere to Run" playing is making me insane.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, Jordan61 said:

I can take him in small doses, but ID sure does seem to like him!

Yeah, I can usually only do one of his shows at a time.  Any more is "overwhelming" if that makes sense.

I mentioned the Porco case once, a few months ago, I think mainly because of the delusion his mother had.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, arejay said:

Does anyone else think that's Jane Velez-Mitchell singing It? 

I have to mute it every time it comes on.  I binge watch and hearing that played 10 times per episode would be enough to make me end up on one of those shows as a crazed murderer.

• Love 7
On 5/28/2018 at 7:34 PM, MrsClaus said:

Anyone watching Casey Anthony's Parents Speak on A&E?

I'm surprised they are still married.

Like @walnutqueen, I am officially Casey'd out but I found this to be kinda fascinating.  The interplay between them was a psychologist's dream, plus you could just see the pain that still exists and will always exist.   Their house was a shrine to Caylee and it was just.....weird and strange.  So many questions:  your daughter is pregnant and you don't ask who the father is?  Either she is passed around like a salt shaker or keeping a relationship from you.  Either way, yuck.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, Cherrio said:

Two things about the show, one that it is well known there was a huge fight between Casey and Cindy the day before she left with Caylee. No mention of that. In fact they were allowed to say it was just a regular day. WOW.

I agree plus the who thing about someone else looking up how to suffocate a child on a computer?  Give me a break.  Cindy, your daughter killed her own daughter.  Deal with it.  Support your husband who is in SO MUCH PAIN.  Write Casey off like she has done to you, focus on your son and grandson and move forward as much as you can.  SEEK HELP!

Best moment:  "Were you two out to lunch?"

On 5/30/2018 at 9:50 AM, bubbls said:

All I’d gathered was Casey accused him. 

Baez accused him in the opening, but he could not have done that without Casey knowing.  Casey is a piece of work, that is for sure.

It is my understanding George retired from the police force.

• Love 11
On 1/6/2019 at 11:41 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I read the articles about the Proco murders, and Joan Porco was a fool.   Her son did it, they found his motivation, and with his history he was the obvious place to start with suspects.    His guilty verdict was exactly right, and his 46 year sentence is much less than other states would have sentenced him to.       The son also forged his transcript to get into college.    It was also found out that Christopher had burglarized his parents house several times, and sold items like computers on ebay, using his brother's name, and some items were recovered by police, who untangled the burglary history.       

The father found out about the son forging his student loan application as co-signer, and doing the same for his Jeep loan, and the father was going to call the bank and have the loans cancelled, and probably resulting in forgery and theft charges.         I don't know what the relationship between mother and son is now, but she was wrong to try to cover for him.       

I watched a "48 Hours" on this case and one juror said:  "Joan's words did not convict Peter.  Peter did."  I agree and I would not, as a juror, take ANYTHING a person with a very significant head wound said as truth.  Peter Porco - next time borrow a friend's car, don't drive your big YELLOW jeep and get photographed coming through the tolls.  Or leave your DNA on a toll ticket.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Like @walnutqueen, I am officially Casey'd out but I found this to be kinda fascinating.  The interplay between them was a psychologist's dream, plus you could just see the pain that still exists and will always exist.   Their house was a shrine to Caylee and it was just.....weird and strange.  So many questions:  your daughter is pregnant and you don't ask who the father is?  Either she is passed around like a salt shaker or keeping a relationship from you.  Either way, yuck.

I agree plus the who thing about someone else looking up how to suffocate a child on a computer?  Give me a break.  Cindy, your daughter killed her own daughter.  Deal with it.  Support your husband who is in SO MUCH PAIN.  Write Casey off like she has done to you, focus on your son and grandson and move forward as much as you can.  SEEK HELP!

Best moment:  "Were you two out to lunch?"

Baez accused him in the opening, but he could not have done that without Casey knowing.  Casey is a piece of work, that is for sure.

It is my understanding George retired from the police force.

Cindy and Casey DID have a huge fight that last day; Cindy demanded that Casey wouldn't be having a free daycare service anymore from Grandma.  Casey was indignant, and insisted that Cindy still be Caylee's sole minder, except when she wanted to trot her out for a new bf's inspection.

And poor George!  That nasty Baez and his opening statement, unabashedly lying about George, and what a disgusting mental picture that made!  And no effort was made by the prosecutor or judge to smack Baez down for this!  It ruined George's life.  Hubby and I about had apoplexy over the verdict.  I've been praying for true justice for Casey ever since, but she still has fans apparently, and sugar daddies.  No justice for Caylee.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

Cindy and Casey DID have a huge fight that last day; Cindy demanded that Casey wouldn't be having a free daycare service anymore from Grandma.  Casey was indignant, and insisted that Cindy still be Caylee's sole minder, except when she wanted to trot her out for a new bf's inspection.

And poor George!  That nasty Baez and his opening statement, unabashedly lying about George, and what a disgusting mental picture that made!  And no effort was made by the prosecutor or judge to smack Baez down for this!  It ruined George's life.  Hubby and I about had apoplexy over the verdict.  I've been praying for true justice for Casey ever since, but she still has fans apparently, and sugar daddies.  No justice for Caylee.

I must say that I did not follow the case when it was going on, except in passing.  Maybe that is why I could stomach watching the A&E special.  Per the verdict, I saw some jurors say it was just a hard case for the prosecution because despite lots of speculation, there was no cause of death determined.  Do I think she zonked her out and drowned her, drove her around in a trunk for a bit then ditched her body?  Yes.

• Love 5

Body Cam last night was kind of meh. The Albuquerque story was interesting but the footage was not, unfortunately. Lots of body cam footage from inside patrol cars where are all you see are dashboards, steering wheels, and windshields. I don't think we ever saw the perpetrator at all.

• Love 2

I thought last nights body cam was riveting for the story and sounds alone. When I finally did fall asleep, I had nightmares. Well, because of the American horror story that I watched after that on ID too.(it was called American something)

• Love 2

I've now added To Catch a Smuggler (Peru or Colombia), to my stable of shows.
Lots of ingenious ways to disguise cocaine, and it can be made to look like black plastic, a liquid, all sorts of things.
Show are on NatGeo channel, and show up whenever.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I thought last nights body cam was riveting for the story and sounds alone. When I finally did fall asleep, I had nightmares. Well, because of the American horror story that I watched after that on ID too.(it was called American something)

I actually enjoyed it while I was watching it but after it was over I realized there wasn't a whole lot of actual body cam footage. The other episodes have been so intense, watching everything unfold.

• Love 2

I'm so glad someone brought this up!  My goodness, I've been walking around with that song in my head for a few weeks.  They play that commercial on constant rotation.  Ugh.  

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, auntjess said:

I've now added To Catch a Smuggler (Peru or Colombia), to my stable of shows.

There's a kitten cam I watch that has people who they call snugglers come in to help socialize their mostly feral cats and their kittens. When I first saw your post I thought you typed To Catch a Snuggler instead of Smuggler. 😸

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7
On 1/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, Jaded said:

There's a kitten cam I watch that has people who they call snugglers come in to help socialize their mostly feral cats and their kittens. When I first saw your post I thought you typed To Catch a Snuggler instead of Smuggler. 😸

Umm, yeah, I'm going to need to know where this kitten cam is so I can move there!

• Love 6

Just got done watching Evil Lives Here about Scott Kimball. Killed 4 people including his 19 year old stepdaughter. I found it so terribly sad that her mom said she was excited to have been diagnosed with terminal breast cancer because it meant she would be with her daughter again soon.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

I found it so terribly sad that her mom said she was excited to have been diagnosed with terminal breast cancer because it meant she would be with her daughter again soon.

Same. And when she talked about wanting to be cremated so her remains could be buried in her daughter's grave. Just...damn. That got to me. 

I think stories like this should be a lesson to women everywhere: if you show interest in a guy, and he claims he's working for the FBI, or is part of some super secret military organization, or something of that sort, do as much investigation into those claims as you can immediately to prove whether or not they're legitimate. It's amazing how many stories I've heard where guys lie about that stuff and manage to pull one over on the woman they're seeing as a result. 

• Love 10

OK--I have to say something and don't want it in  any way to be misconstrued:

I recently saw a crime show that featured a young woman alone in  bar, drinking  with two strange men. She left with them to go to  party. Apparently she WAS the party.. Sure enough, she's found raped and murdered in the woods. A true tragedy.

HOWEVER--around 20 year earlier motherr so her mother went drinking in in a bar, left with two strange men, and you guessed it,was found raped and strangled in the woods.

What in the name that is all holy was this young woman thinking? I've never expeienced such a tragedy like that, and no matter (in my younger years of hanging out in bars) would have left with ANYONE,let alone two skeevy men.  Maybe she didn't know about her mom but still? What was she thinking.?  Was she that dunk? Not too bright?  Feeling since it happened once in her family it couldn't happen again?

It was a real cautionary tale and an eye opener.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

OK--I have to say something and don't want it in  any way to be misconstrued:

I recently saw a crime show that featured a young woman alone in  bar, drinking  with two strange men. She left with them to go to  party. Apparently she WAS the party.. Sure enough, she's found raped and murdered in the woods. A true tragedy.

HOWEVER--around 20 year earlier motherr so her mother went drinking in in a bar, left with two strange men, and you guessed it,was found raped and strangled in the woods.

What in the name that is all holy was this young woman thinking? I've never  such a tragedy like that, and no matter (in my younger years of hanging out in bars) would have left with ANYONE,let alone two skeevy men.  Maybe she didn't know about her mom but still? What was she thinking.?  Was she that dunk? Not too bright?  Feeling since it happened once in her family it couldn't happen again?

It was a real cautionary tale and an eye opener.

I don't know, I did some pretty stupid stuff in my younger days when I was out drinking, including leaving with "skeevy" men. I was lucky, unfortunately, lots of women are not.

• Love 7

@One Tough Cookie, I've seen that story before, yeah. Seriously, how bizarre is it that the exact same kind of crime would happen to two members of a family exactly twenty years apart? What are the odds of that happening?

I know the woman did try to get the bartender to call her boyfriend to take her home at one point before ultimately heading off with the guys. If only somebody had thought to maybe call her a cab instead when they couldn't reach her boyfriend, or something. 

• Love 6

Not sure if this exists somewhere else, but I thought it would be interesting to compile crime-solving 101 tips that we've learned from watching the shows:

• When the victim's car is found, look to see if the car seat is in the position you would expect it to be for the victim's height...if not, it could mean someone else drove it to the place it is now.
  • When there is a broken window at a crime scene, look to see where the glass fell...if it's on the wrong side, it could mean the break-in was staged
  • Be aware of what is under the victim's body...for example, if someone says the victim was already on the floor dead when they broke the window to get to them, but there is glass under the body, then the story is suspicious
  • If there is an ambush, and one person is killed but the other person remains unscathed or is not severely injured, be suspicious...it could mean the other person was in on it
  • If someone is dead and found in a fire, always have an autopsy instead of assuming that it's an accidental death due to the fire...they may have been dead beforehand and the fire started to conceal the evidence 
  • If Person A intentionally asks Person B to come along when Person A is going somewhere because they are concerned that there may be a problem, be suspicious of Person A...they may have asked Person B to come along to help deflect suspicion, so that Person B will be like a witness to how surprised Person A was when they both found the body
  • Always check the phone records of anyone's alibi...because an important call for an alibi could have actually been made on a different date, at a different time, or from a different location, and invalidate the alibi
  • When there's a medical mystery death of a victim, and especially if a caregiver has been giving them sweet drinks to keep them well-hydrated, ALWAYS test for ethylene glycol (anti-freeze)!!!  Check for arsenic too.
  • If a crime takes place during, or immediately upon returning from, a 'special' date/trip, be suspicious...it could have been planned in advance

Just a start; I'm sure there are more...

• Love 11
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Not sure if this exists somewhere else, but I thought it would be interesting to compile crime-solving 101 tips that we've learned from watching the shows:

• When the victim's car is found, look to see if the car seat is in the position you would expect it to be for the victim's height...if not, it could mean someone else drove it to the place it is now.
  • When there is a broken window at a crime scene, look to see where the glass fell...if it's on the wrong side, it could mean the break-in was staged
  • Be aware of what is under the victim's body...for example, if someone says the victim was already on the floor dead when they broke the window to get to them, but there is glass under the body, then the story is suspicious
  • If there is an ambush, and one person is killed but the other person remains unscathed or is not severely injured, be suspicious...it could mean the other person was in on it
  • If someone is dead and found in a fire, always have an autopsy instead of assuming that it's an accidental death due to the fire...they may have been dead beforehand and the fire started to conceal the evidence 
  • If Person A intentionally asks Person B to come along when Person A is going somewhere because they are concerned that there may be a problem, be suspicious of Person A...they may have asked Person B to come along to help deflect suspicion, so that Person B will be like a witness to how surprised Person A was when they both found the body
  • Always check the phone records of anyone's alibi...because an important call for an alibi could have actually been made on a different date, at a different time, or from a different location, and invalidate the alibi
  • When there's a medical mystery death of a victim, and especially if a caregiver has been giving them sweet drinks to keep them well-hydrated, ALWAYS test for ethylene glycol (anti-freeze)!!!  Check for arsenic too.
  • If a crime takes place during, or immediately upon returning from, a 'special' date/trip, be suspicious...it could have been planned in advance

Just a start; I'm sure there are more...

This is more a tip for the criminal than the crime fighter. 85% of the time the hitman that you are trying to hire is an undercover cop. If you are trying to hire them from prison, the percentage goes up to 95%! 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:06 PM, Annber03 said:

Same. And when she talked about wanting to be cremated so her remains could be buried in her daughter's grave. Just...damn. That got to me. 

I think stories like this should be a lesson to women everywhere: if you show interest in a guy, and he claims he's working for the FBI, or is part of some super secret military organization, or something of that sort, do as much investigation into those claims as you can immediately to prove whether or not they're legitimate. It's amazing how many stories I've heard where guys lie about that stuff and manage to pull one over on the woman they're seeing as a result. 

Me too. I don't necessarily believe in the concept of seeing loved ones after death but this is one case where I hope it is true since it seemed so important to her.

I don't know if they left part of the story out or not but it seemed like she just took his word for it that he worked for the FBI. Did you see an id or a badge? Did you ever meet any of his coworkers? Any random guy can say he works for the FBI, CIA, military, etc.

• Love 8

I was reading old newspapers online.  Saw this from 1902:  

Mrs. Ella Ashley, daughter of R.H. Hughes, killed herself last night with a pistol. She shot herself in the head three times. She had only been married about two weeks.

I've watched a lot of Law & Order.  My educated observation would be that there's probably more to that story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

I was reading old newspapers online.  Saw this from 1902:  

Mrs. Ella Ashley, daughter of R.H. Hughes, killed herself last night with a pistol. She shot herself in the head three times. She had only been married about two weeks.

I've watched a lot of Law & Order.  My educated observation would be that there's probably more to that story.

Yes, like how she managed to shoot herself three times? 

• Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 1:06 AM, Annber03 said:

I think stories like this should be a lesson to women everywhere: if you show interest in a guy, and he claims he's working for the FBI, or is part of some super secret military organization,

There have also been several murders, where the girl told friends she'd got a great job working undercover for CIA, FBI whatever.

There was one recently that drove me crazy, think it was one of the Christmas ones.
A woman was be followed by a bump and run car, and called to her grandmother, who was expecting her, and said someone's following me, call the police.
Now if this part is true, mom & grandma jump in their car to go find/rescue her, and the find the car, but not her.
I'm thinking You killed you child, by not calling the police right away.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

There have also been several murders, where the girl told friends she'd got a great job working undercover for CIA, FBI whatever.

There was one recently that drove me crazy, think it was one of the Christmas ones.
A woman was be followed by a bump and run car, and called to her grandmother, who was expecting her, and said someone's following me, call the police.
Now if this part is true, mom & grandma jump in their car to go find/rescue her, and the find the car, but not her.
I'm thinking You killed you child, by not calling the police right away.

I think that is really unfair. There have been many examples of family members going to police when a loved one goes missing and have been rebuffed. Police claim that it's fine for someone to go missing if they choose to.

• Love 4

Or in the case of teenagers, “Kids run away all the time.  Give it time, s/he’Il be back.”

ETA: 

If somebody supposedly commits suicide by gunshot, and the bullet is on the left side of the head when the victim is right-handed, or vice versa, it's very likely not actually a suicide.

To expand on @Annber03‘s post, if you stab your girlfriend to death and want to frame her ex-lover by writing his name in blood on the wall with her finger, make sure it’s her dominant hand.

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I think that is really unfair. There have been many examples of family members going to police when a loved one goes missing and have been rebuffed. Police claim that it's fine for someone to go missing if they choose to.

This wasn't calling and saying someone is missing, this is a woman driving, they knew where, and saying someone's following me trying to run me off the road.  Patrol cars could likely have been there in a minute or so.|
Now maybe that wasn't what really happened, but that's how it was shown on TV.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, smittykins said:

Or in the case of teenagers, “Kids run away all the time.  Give it time, s/he’Il be back.”

ETA: 

To expand on @Annber03‘s post, if you stab your girlfriend to death and want to frame her ex-lover by writing his name in blood on the wall with her finger, make sure it’s her dominant hand.

Also, if your planning to murder anyone in general don't have your cellphone on while your doing it. Just leave your cellphone at home okay? No matter how great your story, frame up or what means nothing if the cops notice your cellphone is pinging anywhere near the dead body. Also if your going to be murdering or committing any crime with an accomplice don't use your cellphone. Yes, police will be wondering why you called some random person thirty times up until you kill someone, or your buddy, or the person your cheating on your newly murdered husband, wife, girlfriend or boyfriend. Also I know this one really seems obvious but amazingly amount of murderers of wives, husbands, girlfriends or boyfriends is actually come off broken up about the death. Tears, sad, upset, you know the normal reaction to the death of a love one. If she's missing maybe you should be out "looking" for her. If you don't come off as sad, show signs of being rather happy, or happy at the funeral or wandering around town with in days or weeks with your new boyfriend or girlfriend people are going to notice that, police are going to notice that and take an closer look at you.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

This wasn't calling and saying someone is missing, this is a woman driving, they knew where, and saying someone's following me trying to run me off the road.  Patrol cars could likely have been there in a minute or so.|
Now maybe that wasn't what really happened, but that's how it was shown on TV.

That's assuming the police take the matter seriously we've seen cases when they haven't. I wonder why she didn't call the police herself instead of her family.

• Love 2