Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I saw the People special that featured the Jessica Chambers murder. It gave me more to consider. I now want to re watch that series about it again. Anyone know of any more shows about it? It's a very interesting case, imo.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't remember which show I saw it on but this was horrifying.  A girl gets pregnant, baby daddy not happy, she disappears and later on the mother received either a dvd or cassette of her daughter having a forced abortion with no anesethic.  It was filmed live.  I don't know how the mother retained her sanity, and I'm not sure the perp was ever caught.   

Edited by One Tough Cookie
19 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Holy shit, the newest episode of "Forbidden: Dying for Love". That guy is an asshole and if there's a hell, there's most definitely a spot waiting for him.

I was stunned and speechless and just stood there in my family room when they said he shot her 22 times in the back and her child too.  It was also confusing, since I think they said he had decided to leave his wife and marry her (the other woman), and his wife already knew about her at that point.  So why did he feel the need to kill her?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I was stunned and speechless and just stood there in my family room when they said he shot her 22 times in the back and her child too.  

At first I was worried for his wife-when he was telling her to get in the car as they were preparing to leave the police station, I was like, "I wouldn't go with him if I were you." Had he not been caught, I shudder to think of what he could've done to her, too, with time. 

But yeah, when they started talking about him going to the other woman's house, and they kept going back and forth between his driving there and her tending to her sick daughter, I could actually feel my stomach sinking and my heart racing and all I could think was, "Oh, god, please, please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going...". To take them both down like that...I just... There's no words. 

It was also confusing, since I think they said he had decided to leave his wife and marry her (the other woman), and his wife already knew about her at that point.  So why did he feel the need to kill her?

I honestly don't know what the hell his thought process was. As the episode noted, he could've just, y'know, come clean to his wife, taken responsibility for the child he fathered with the other woman, and sorted things out from there. Not an ideal scenario, no, but it's what any sane, rational person would rightly do. 

But nah, better to take the batshit insane route instead, and destroy a whole bunch of lives in the process because he was too stupid and self-absorbed to stop cheating/use protection/etc., I guess. Fucking psycho. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

It was also confusing, since I think they said he had decided to leave his wife and marry her (the other woman), and his wife already knew about her at that point.  So why did he feel the need to kill her?

I’m not sure he was going to leave his wife and marry the girlfriend, though I might not remember correctly, but I do recall that when he found out his wife was also pregnant, he decided to stay with her.  To my understanding, the wife didn’t have a clue about the affair until right before the murder, when the police department had busted him in the cover-up.  At that point, it is anyone’s guess why he killed her since he was already caught red-handed…nothing left to hide.  Too bad he didn’t just kill himself. 

I just watched the most recent episode of Evil Lives Here.   I’m not sure if it has aired on TV yet since I watched on the app, and it said watch latest episode before it airs. 

This made me terribly sad - those poor unfortunate children, having to grow up in that home.  I know that the guy they interviewed said he struggled in dealing with his emotions (no surprise there).  How could you not bear scars from such a thing?  I was glad, at least, to hear that he now had a fairly decent life and was not letting his past ruin his future. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Fable said:

I just watched the most recent episode of Evil Lives Here.   I’m not sure if it has aired on TV yet since I watched on the app, and it said watch latest episode before it airs. 

This made me terribly sad - those poor unfortunate children, having to grow up in that home.  I know that the guy they interviewed said he struggled in dealing with his emotions (no surprise there).  How could you not bear scars from such a thing?  I was glad, at least, to hear that he now had a fairly decent life and was not letting his past ruin his future. 

That one stunned me.  

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Fable said:

I know that the guy they interviewed said he struggled in dealing with his emotions (no surprise there). 

My heart broke during the part towards the end where he talked about wanting to be a better parent than his mom, and said, wryly, "I know that's a really low bar to set." I'm honestly amazed that he is doing as well as he is despite everything, but I admire his attitude very much, and I wish nothing but the best for him and his family. Lord knows he deserves it. 

I remember first hearing this story on an episode of "Cold Case Files" years ago, with Terry being the one talking about what happened. Due to her being present for so much of the abuse that happened during the times William was away, she went into a lot more detail about it. Truly one of the most horrifying examples of child abuse that I think has ever been documented. Thank god Theresa can't hurt anyone else anymore. I can't imagine what it must've been like for the family of that woman she was a caretaker for, too, having to learn about her past like that. 

For anyone who's curious, the Wikipedia page on Theresa Knorr goes into detail as well, both about the abuse and what happened to Terry and Robert later on. I can only hope the other remaining child has managed to move on as best they can as well. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa_Knorr

ETA: Damn, this "Impact of Murder" episode that follows the "Evil Lives Here" one is equally as depressing. Gonna need to go find something happy to watch after all of this. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3
On 7/16/2019 at 11:14 AM, funky-rat said:

I didn't see this one, but I agree.  When I was in 9th grade, an 11th grader showed interest in me and wanted to know if we could go out.  My mom was iffy on it, and tried to explain how there's a big difference between 14 and 17 year olds, but she didn't flat-out say no.  I could meet him at the movies, provided it was an early show, and she would pick me up afterward.  I was also able to invite him along on family outings.  I was under no circumstances to go out with him in his car.  She had several friends who had lost teenage children to car accidents, and I'm an only child.  The kids I knew who got in trouble (legal, pregnant, etc), were the ones who had ultra-strict parents who clamped down with nothing more than "Because I say so".  My parents enabled me to make decisions, but also equipped me to make good ones, and I did.

Same here. I was in 9th and he was in 11th. My parents set boundaries and let me know about their general concern. It ran its course and nothing at all untoward happened.

I thought that mother was completely unreasonable. My parents used to say "because I said so," but usually for things that really required no explanation, not for things when I needed guidance and reasoning.

• Love 4
On 7/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, Razzberry said:

I think her husband was pulling her leg.  MacDonald was in a Federal prison and wasn't even allowed to practice medicine on other prisoners.

I swear if I see that Todd Kohlhep preview one more time I'm gonna scream.  A 3-parter, really? Enough on that slob!

I am actually looking forward to this special. Of course I live in the same town Kala Brown does and even used to live in the same apartment complex she and her boyfriend lived, although many years before. I am wondering if they will spend any time looking into her. There were a lot of rumors around town about her, then and now. Her next boyfriend committed suicide last year and she was just arrested last week for Domestic abuse. 

• Love 2

I know it's been discussed before, but, I really am amazed at the number of family members and close friends who expect to hear from a loved one on a certain day and when they don't, they just blow it off. They attempt contact, can't reach them and then they wait, day after day.  All the while, why aren't they more concerned?    So that when the dead body is found in the house a week later, the killer is long gone.  I just don't get it. Especially, if it's senior parents or someone with health issues.  They couldn't even do a wellness check with police?   I suppose these people don't watch ID Discovery or Oxygen channels much.  lol 

• Love 11

Eh, I had a little less sympathy for the guy on Evil Lives Here. I get lying to CPS because their mom was in the interview room (wtf), but he got a little older and even after he was pulled out of school, he still could've told plenty of people at work what was happening. How can you just shrug and go about your daily life in the outside world knowing your sister has been chained to a table for years, especially when she was forced to go back under with an untreated gunshot wound? The brainwashing excuse only carries you so far. That's an appalling lack of empathy. 

• Love 3

I felt so bad for the guy on Impact of Murder last night talking about that he still thinks he could have done more to save his sister. Dude, you were three years old; there is nothing you could have done. I know logic doesn't really help in these situations. I would like to know what the people who were cooking out were thinking. It wasn't definite but it did made it seem like they heard things and just chose to ignore it!

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, geekgirl921 said:

I felt so bad for the guy on Impact of Murder last night talking about that he still thinks he could have done more to save his sister. Dude, you were three years old; there is nothing you could have done. I know logic doesn't really help in these situations. I would like to know what the people who were cooking out were thinking. It wasn't definite but it did made it seem like they heard things and just chose to ignore it!

Like the one person who was on the case (cop?) said, it can be hard to determine when to call the cops when you hear people fighting, plus there's the whole question of "Will they come over here and hurt me too?".  Still, they could have called the cops after it went on a bit.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Like the one person who was on the case (cop?) said, it can be hard to determine when to call the cops when you hear people fighting, plus there's the whole question of "Will they come over here and hurt me too?".  Still, they could have called the cops after it went on a bit.

That was the prosecutor. I get that but the manager did eventually call the cops. It seemed like that cook out people just kept cooking out even after the cops arrived. I don't know, it was hard to tell where they were in relation to what was happening but they did seem to have an awful casual attitude about what was happening. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, geekgirl921 said:

That was the prosecutor. I get that but the manager did eventually call the cops. It seemed like that cook out people just kept cooking out even after the cops arrived. I don't know, it was hard to tell where they were in relation to what was happening but they did seem to have an awful casual attitude about what was happening. 

Yeah, had I seen what they said they saw, I'd be taking my burgers, going inside, locking the door, and calling the cops.

• Love 4

Did anyone catch the show about the mother/wife who's bones were found inside a basement water holder, underneath a backyard barn yesterday?  I think it was on Buried In The Backyard.  Man, that was horrible.  They had a little girl who was 4 years old. She was led to believe that her mother abandoned her.  Dad soon married and moved in a family "friend"  who took mom's place for the next 30 years, when the body was found by new home owners.  I wonder why that guy didn't consider that if he ever moved away, new owners could find those bones.   I don't think the mother's missing person case was properly investigated.  If so, they could have pursued that guy.  No one searched about the house, no dogs sniffed the grounds it for a corpse.  Hmmm.....Of course, the man wife and adult daughter believed he was innocent.  He was convicted near age 70 and died in prison two years later.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Annber03 said:

For anyone who's curious, the Wikipedia page on Theresa Knorr goes into detail as well, both about the abuse and what happened to Terry and Robert later on. I can only hope the other remaining child has managed to move on as best they can as well. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa_Knorr

That last episode of Evil Lives Here (S6: Ep2) re: Theresa Knorr, was so horrific I had to fast forward through much of it and I still feel traumatized by what I just saw. I was actually shaking. Then after reading the Wiki page - my God! - those poor children were failed not just by their paranoid, sociopath of a mother but seemingly every "normal" adult who came into contact with them - teachers, therapists, neighbors, Child Protective Service workers. Just disgusting.

So I have now finally taken Evil Lives Here off my record list. I was thinking about doing this for a while - because watching shows that turn me into an emotional basket case is just not helpful.

• Love 6

I started to watch it, but, couldn't.  I can no longer watch those that do reenactments of children who are being abused, brain washed, tortured, especially by cult leaders.....it's just to hard for me. It's compounded by the fact that often there was adults who could have intervened, but, say they didn't notice or that they weren't aware.  I don't buy it. 

• Love 9
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Mannahatta said:

That last episode of Evil Lives Here (S6: Ep2) re: Theresa Knorr, was so horrific I had to fast forward through much of it and I still feel traumatized by what I just saw. I was actually shaking. Then after reading the Wiki page - my God! - those poor children were failed not just by their paranoid, sociopath of a mother but seemingly every "normal" adult who came into contact with them - teachers, therapists, neighbors, Child Protective Service workers. Just disgusting.

So I have now finally taken Evil Lives Here off my record list. I was thinking about doing this for a while - because watching shows that turn me into an emotional basket case is just not helpful.

It wasn't mentioned in the episode, but reading that Wiki page, the thing that really gets me is how the house was described as unkempt and smelling of urine. I suppose Theresa could've done some serious attempts at cleaning before the CPS people visited, but even then, if the house was as in bad of shape as described, I'd have to think there'd still be some hints of that lurking around, and the investigators would've had to smell something off at some point along the way. And if she didn't bother cleaning the place, and they came inside and still didn't notice the bad smells and the messy nature of the place and whatnot, then they clearly need to hire more observant people. 

My mom found it frustrating that they conducted the interviews at the house. It's so much easier to try and cover things up and lie there. They should've brought the kids down to the station or some other place and tried to talk to them there. Maybe they might've been a little more honest in another setting, away from the watchful eyes of their mom. I fully agree with a comment above that William could've, and should've, taken the opportunity after leaving home to tell somebody, but at the same time, as the Wiki page noted, when Terry first tried to tell police and a therapist, they didn't believe her. Suesan tried to contact CPS and, well, we saw how well that effort worked out. So alongside the fact that he was afraid of meeting the same tragic fate as hsi sisters, I also get where William might've felt, "What's the point in telling anyone? Nobody's listened to or helped us thus far." 

I totally understand your not wanting to watch that show anymore after hearing stories like this. It's tough to hear, and I honestly don't know how the hell the people who investigate this stuff for a living deal with it sometimes (as we've seen with some of these shows, some of these cases haunt the investigators as well). You gotta do what works for you. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 10
(edited)

The CPS investigations that I know of, the social worker goes to the school, if child is school age, where the child can be interviewed away from the parents.  That way they are able to get more candid information.  Thankfully, the cases that I reported to CPS, ( three cases ) over the years, the children were removed from the home.  And, I am not a mandated reported.  I just take children's welfare very seriously.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
On 7/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, badhaggis said:

as anyone else watched Terry Dubrow's show on Oxygen "License to Kill"?

Yes.  Honestly I find it tough sledding, because like most of these true crime shows the pacing is just glacially slow.  They have a solid twenty minutes of content bulked up into an hour.   I record it on the DVR and kind of skim it.  I really am horribly fascinated by the whole theme of the show, though, which is why I've been watching it.  The whole notion of medical professionals who deliberately maim and kill their patients is one of my worst nightmares.  It's just crazy how easily these psychopaths got away with  their mass murders - and the sheer numbers in most of the cases! Dozens and dozens before anyone even suspected them!  And not even for any kind of monetary gain, but apparently just for the pleasure of murdering people who were physically helpless to defend themselves or even to call out for help.  

The older I get obviously the more frightening I find this scenario, not just for myself but for my family and friends.

• Love 8

The interviews with the children on License to Kill have really gotten to me. Especially with the son that was blaming himself for making his father go into the hospital only to have him be the victim of homicide. He started crying it was utterly heartbreaking.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yeah, kids really get to me.  No freaking reason for people to harm them or to place them in jeopardy.  

Has anyone noticed that tv ad for Web of Lies where the online catfish (named Sunflower)  who appears to be a nice girl, who's super friendly and cordial, but, the more she talks the more she turns into this scary looking guy who is telling you to meet him in a back alley!  Man, that's creepy.  It's sort of annoying me now that they show so much.  I couldn't find it on you tube. 

Which brings me to the question as to how so many people find marks to get money from online, so, how do they avoid creepy killers?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has anyone noticed that tv ad for Web of Lies where the online catfish (named Sunflower)  who appears to be a nice girl, who's super friendly and cordial, but, the more she talks the more she turns into this scary looking guy who is telling you to meet him in a back alley!  Man, that's creepy. 

Yes, I have, and yes, it is. Some of the ads for their shows are very unsettling-which, granted, given the topics involved, makes sense, but still. 

• Love 8

I remember the Theresa Knorr case from Cold Case Files.  It struck me as odd that there was never a mention(even via an on-screen graphic at the end)that Terry died of a heart attack at only 32 years old.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Mark Carver, convicted of murdering a young UNC student, is out of prison after 10 years, on bond, after being granted new trial.  (Evidence was lacking.)  I've always wondered about this case.  VERY strange facts. I wonder if he will be retried and if so, what evidence would they use.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/exclusive-man-once-serving-life-in-uncc-student-s-murder-opens-up-for-first-time/963353770

I hadn't heard of that one before.  The Charlotte Observer had a good multi-part article about it.  That's just sad.  I'm not so sure the guy was capable of killing that girl, and if he did, why would he stay there fishing?  I also don't think he's capable of covering it up (mentally - he's slow).  Makes no sense. 

Suicide didn't really make much sense to me either (seems like such an odd way to kill yourself) but there were some little "tells" in there.  Her telling her brother she didn't want to leave the town she was living in.  Her giving away a bunch of stuff and leaving gifts with a number of people immediately before.  Her scouting the area out prior.  Yes, she was moving, but for someone looking to kill themselves, it could be a good way to throw people off of the idea.

It's supposedly very hard to drown yourself.  It's said the body's instincts kick in, and fight to stay alive.  I wonder if she tried to drive the car into the lake, missed, hit the stump, and had a back-up plan of tying up the ligatures, since she used what was already in her car or on her person?

Either way, that should have never gone to trial.  The medical examiner didn't come to the crime scene (that law should be changed), the DNA was really sketchy, his lawyers made some very poor decisions, the cops led the witness under interrogation, and tossed all common sense out the window just to make the evidence fit.  I'd like to see him get all charges dropped with no retrial, and I'd like to see him and his cousin's family make some money off of this.

• Love 5
(edited)

Funky-Rat, I had the very same instincts on this that you did!  Something about it seems really off.  The family member of Carver says that they have some ideas and information that will help the case along, but, didn't divulge.  Hmmmm.. I'm curious.  The thing is if the DA's office is stubborn, they will continue to say that he is guilty, the case is closed and never look for the real killer! I hate when someone can't do the right thing, instead of working on saving face.  They probably think that since one guy has been convicted, they'll have no credibility prosecuting another person.  But, it may be that it was not a murder at all.  It seems to me that a top notch investigation team should be able to figure this out.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, geekgirl921 said:

Did anyone see Buried in the Backyard last night? Really? A friend comes and asks if he can bury a box with paperwork and guns on your property and you don't think it's a little strange??

I know right? I was watching a DVR'd episode of Diabolical last night, about a woman who killed her husband but told police it was a home invasion. She left a message for her boss saying that she put a trash bag on her (boss's) property, but please don't look in it before disposing of it. Thank goodness boss has a brain & common sense and contacted LE. Police already suspected wifey, but this was the evidence (including the murder weapon) they needed to arrest & eventually put her away. 

18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The thing is if the DA's office is stubborn, they will continue to say that he is guilty, the case is closed and never look for the real killer! I hate when someone can't do the right thing, instead of working on saving face.  They probably think that since one guy has been convicted, they'll have no credibility prosecuting another person.  But, it may be that it was not a murder at all.  It seems to me that a top notch investigation team should be able to figure this out.  

Probably preaching to the choir here, but I would have more respect for prosecutors who admit that although they acted in good faith, new evidence has come to light that shows that their initial conclusion may not have been accurate, but they will continue to pursue all leads. And then do it. I understand that there will be some truly guilty perps & their lawyers who will use something like that to their advantage to get a fair & just guilty verdict overturned, but it's disheartening that the only concerns (some) DA offices have is appearing to be right over justice truly being served. And I am definitely a law & order type who does not believe that prisons are full of innocent people, but I cannot stand that 'anyone will do' attitude. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Toothbrush said:

Probably preaching to the choir here, but I would have more respect for prosecutors who admit that although they acted in good faith, new evidence has come to light that shows that their initial conclusion may not have been accurate, but they will continue to pursue all leads. And then do it. I understand that there will be some truly guilty perps & their lawyers who will use something like that to their advantage to get a fair & just guilty verdict overturned, but it's disheartening that the only concerns (some) DA offices have is appearing to be right over justice truly being served. And I am definitely a law & order type who does not believe that prisons are full of innocent people, but I cannot stand that 'anyone will do' attitude. 

It might restore some faith in the system as well.  We all make mistakes.  No one is immune.  I'd have mad respect for someone who stands up and says "We relied on technology that at the time seemed solid, but has since proven to be iffy at best.  There were some techniques that were used which should not have been, given the circumstances and education level of the defendant.  There was also information not presented at trial that might have given the jury a bigger picture to examine.  In the interest of everyone involved, we are unable to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt anymore, and are releasing the defendant and vacating his conviction and record.  We will continue to examine this case and hope we can bring the case to a close for the peace of mind of everyone involved."

Their families will also likely continue to say they let a criminal go, but they've been told for so long that this is what happened, and they don't want to go back to feeling like they received no justice.  Just sad all the way around.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, funky-rat said:

It might restore some faith in the system as well.  We all make mistakes.  No one is immune.  I'd have mad respect for someone who stands up and says "We relied on technology that at the time seemed solid, but has since proven to be iffy at best.  There were some techniques that were used which should not have been, given the circumstances and education level of the defendant.  There was also information not presented at trial that might have given the jury a bigger picture to examine.  In the interest of everyone involved, we are unable to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt anymore, and are releasing the defendant and vacating his conviction and record.  We will continue to examine this case and hope we can bring the case to a close for the peace of mind of everyone involved."

Their families will also likely continue to say they let a criminal go, but they've been told for so long that this is what happened, and they don't want to go back to feeling like they received no justice.  Just sad all the way around.  

Man, that's good!  If that DA sees this, he might steal it from you.  lol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Man, that's good!  If that DA sees this, he might steal it from you.  lol 

Fun Fact:  I wanted to be a lawyer at one time.  😉

Must explain my love for this stuff.

• Love 9
Just now, funky-rat said:

Fun Fact:  I wanted to be a lawyer at one time.  😉

Must explain my love for this stuff.

You sound like it.  

(I am, but, I don't do much criminal law anymore.) 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You sound like it.  

(I am, but, I don't do much criminal law anymore.) 

I started down the path, taking public speaking and Latin in high school, plus any electives that would fit in with it.  Then my cousin, a few years older than me and thus the first to achieve things, decided to go that way, and me being younger and pissy, opted to go another way instead.  That cousin is now a legal consultant with a high powered firm in a big city.  I sit in a cube in an office doing techy stuff, but I don't know that I could handle the pressure that comes with that job.  My job is high stress, but not to the level that my cousin's is.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Toothbrush said:

I know right? I was watching a DVR'd episode of Diabolical last night, about a woman who killed her husband but told police it was a home invasion. She left a message for her boss saying that she put a trash bag on her (boss's) property, but please don't look in it before disposing of it. Thank goodness boss has a brain & common sense and contacted LE. Police already suspected wifey, but this was the evidence (including the murder weapon) they needed to arrest & eventually put her away. 

Yeah, I saw that Diabolical too. So dumb. I am leaving a random garbage bag in your driveway but don't look inside, just get rid of it. That's not suspicious at all! 

I also totally agree about the prosecutors. It's very annoying when they continue to insist that someone is guilty when there is very clear evidence that it was a wrongful conviction.

• Love 5

I don't know what show it was, but Melissa Patterson murdering the 96 year old man after quite likely stealing *$475,000* from him.  

According to the episode her family was wealthy and well connected ... but I guess Melissa didn't want to really work for a living.  I am always stunned by people like her - how much money do you really need to be happy??  They mentioned something about her spending tens of thousands of dollars (of the victims) on her son's high school graduation party, so I guess that's why she never had enough.

Her family hired 6 separate attorneys to represent her - supposedly 4 of them were the best that had ever practiced in that county.  So, what's that, $6000 an hour for her defense?  Maybe I don't understand this because I don't have kids, but if you murder a 96 year old man, I may hire an attorney for you, but its going to be a bargain attorney, and I'm going to let the chips fall where they may.  You made your choice as far as I'm concerned.

And the balls of this woman, murdering him while his caretaker was in the house then telling her to lie to the police as if this woman had any loyalty to her.

Another pig who was rightfully removed from society.

• Love 10

Okay....tonight on Web of Lies....this mother, who got catfished....ALMOST had her child kidnapped TWICE!!!! By the same woman! All because she was Sooo horny for a man...who didn't even exist. AND she wouldn't report it to the police! Too scared to get her fictional boyfriend in trouble. She was crying and talking about how bad she felt letting her kids down. Really?? I hope her mom got custody of those kids. She was too clueless to parent those 3 kids. You have to see this episode. Beats anything I've seen like this before. BIZARRE!

• Love 16

Oh, god, seriously, I was about ready to start banging my head against the wall while watching that episode. 

4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay....tonight on Web of Lies....this mother, who got catfished....ALMOST had her child kidnapped TWICE!!!! By the same woman! All because she was Sooo horny for a man...who didn't even exist. 

That's the part that got me. She kept making such a big thing out of how she felt about this guy and my mom and I were sitting here like, "You've never even met him!" She's leaving her kids with somebody she's just recently come to know in order to wait for some guy who conveniently never seems to show up anytime she tries to meet him. One would think that'd start raising a few red flags. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Oh man!  This Lakeisha woman was out of her mind!  I was yelling at the TV!  I don't see how this woman even keeps breathing.  No sense at all!  And I think she DID keep custody.  I can't even think of bad enough words to describe the loathing I feel for her.

And the kicker was: the perp only got 6 months.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Oh man!  This Lakeisha woman was out of her mind!  I was yelling at the TV!  I don't see how this woman even keeps breathing.  No sense at all!  And I think she DID keep custody.  I can't even think of bad enough words to describe the loathing I feel for her.

And the kicker was: the perp only got 6 months.

Well, it showed her with the kids later on, but she was living with her mom. I hope social services placed decision making authority with grandma, until she matured a little. She should not be able to place the kids in jeopardy again. And I think that with the right male attention, she would do it again.

• Love 12

I’m so glad to see Web of Lies back.  It has always been one of my favorite ID shows. 

This one was a head spinner. Why in the world would you bring a child/children with you to meet someone online for the first time, especially on a trip out of town?  Then, of course, her imaginary boyfriend just had to see her kids (never having met them) while he was on his possible deathbed…okay, sure, why not?

What really got me was her reluctance to call the cops, BOTH TIMES!  It’s not like some lady just drove away with her car….those were her kids DAMMIT!  She is lucky those kids ended up okay, and also lucky CPS didn’t investigate her for neglect.  I am not sure they had grounds to, but her behavior seemed to come off as neglectful to me. 

• Love 19

I am as shocked as the rest of you as to why she left her kids with total strangers! Not once but twice. I was first and foremost disgusted and then I was yelling at the tv “you effing idiot”! It is beyond belief she had the nerve to even get on tv to tell her story. I guess she is looking forward to “likes” on social media. Yah,good luck with that. Who knows, maybe this will lead to her meeting a new guy on line. Geeze.

• Love 18

I too love Web of Lies and I have to say Lakeisha might win the prize for biggest moron I've ever seen on a true crime show, ever. Actually, it might be a tie with the parents in Abducted in Plain Sight. The cops questioning her were really nice to her considering her terrible judgement. They should have given her mom custody and sentenced her to six months of Catfish reruns.

The detective said that kidnapping was treated as seriously as homicide so if the kidnapper only got 6 months do murderers get like a whole, entire year?

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

The Web Of Lies with the mother who had her child taken, has really caused me to wonder about some things.  Police couldn't really figure out why the woman took the kids. They speculated that she just wanted to care for a baby.  They didn't uncover some plan for the woman to sell the baby.  So, it makes me wonder if we really saw everything.  Was there more to the story than came out? The mother's hesitance to call police BOTH times just raises red flags to me.   I laughed when the mother who had a two toddlers and a six month old baby, say that she was too shy to do more than text on the phone. What? lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Fable said:

She is lucky those kids ended up okay, and also lucky CPS didn’t investigate her for neglect. 

Maybe they did.

"I got to hold my son the morning they found him," Johnson said. "After that, he was taken."

All three of Johnson's kids are with CPS. She said the whole thing rocked her to her core.

source

She's lucky that man the kids were left with was actually a decent person who was also being tricked.

I'm sick of hearing about women who need love so badly that they ignore all common sense.   And maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't get the texting-only romance.  Not even one phone call with this "boyfriend"?

• Love 20