Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Also, if your planning to murder anyone in general don't have your cellphone on while your doing it. Just leave your cellphone at home okay? 

My favorite was the man who had attached at GPS to the underside of his wife's car.
After dumping the car( can't remember if she was in it still), he removes the gps, sticks it in his pocket, and takes a circuitous route home, dropping weapon and other evidence, as he pass storm drains.
A cop recognizes the gps holder still under the car, they get hubby's computer, and can trail him from car, and gather everything he dumped.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

My favorite was the man who had attached at GPS to the underside of his wife's car.
After dumping the car( can't remember if she was in it still), he removes the gps, sticks it in his pocket, and takes a circuitous route home, dropping weapon and other evidence, as he pass storm drains.
A cop recognizes the gps holder still under the car, they get hubby's computer, and can trail him from car, and gather everything he dumped.

Your kidding! What an idiot! My favorite aside from the ones where their cellphone is pinging next to the dead body, is the man who insisted he didn't kill the woman and yet both of their cellphones ended up pinging together from the moment he picked her up to the spot he killed her, and the one who claims as an alibi he with his girlfriend's brother all night long except they had phone calls and text messages between the two men all evening long. The detective was cracking up at the idea of these two men sitting in the same room texting and calling each other all night long. I also love when the murder or murderers leave so much evidenced for the cops to and yet are surprised when their arrested. Like this one guy who insisted he never met the woman. Except her car was found in a parking lot a few blocks away, that store had video cameras showing the car arriving and him getting out, the bank envelope inside her car has his fingerprints on it, there's video of him buying snacks with her card at a convenience store and search of his house finds her blood splattered all over the place. Its not that I want them to get away with murders but so many are so stupid about it especially things you'd think they'd realize that the police look into cellphone for calls, texts and to see where it is. I guess if your a cop it must be nice having some criminals being that stupid and easy to catch. And laugh at. The stories they must have!

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 9

Or when the perpetrator has calls/texts from the victim’s phone to their phone to “prove” they’re still alive, and it turns out that both phones were in the same location when said calls/texts were made.  

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Its not that I want them to get away with murders but so many are so stupid about it especially things you'd think they'd realize that the police look into cellphone for calls, texts and to see where it is. I guess if your a cop it must be nice having some criminals being that stupid and easy to catch. And laugh at. The stories they must have!

I used to watch The First 48 and it was amazing to me how many times they would say they couldn't nail the guy unless he confessed, which he often did. Of course I don't want people getting away with murder either, but I always found myself thinking, people! You never never never talk to the cops without a lawyer!!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

I used to watch The First 48 and it was amazing to me how many times they would say they couldn't nail the guy unless he confessed, which he often did. Of course I don't want people getting away with murder either, but I always found myself thinking, people! You never never never talk to the cops without a lawyer!!

I used to watch the First 48 too. That surprised me too. Yes ask for lawyer don't talk to the cops without a lawyer. It was also amazing how many of the murderers clearly never bothered to come up with a story until their in the interrogation/interview room with the detectives. Dude you murdered someone and I assume you want to get away with it why didn't you think up a story before now. Of course it fails because it either makes no sense, or didn't bother to set up an alibi or tell the person their going to be their alibi, whatever evidence the cops found or witness statements, or are inconsistent and can't remember what they said in a first interview or change their story.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, smittykins said:

Or when the perpetrator has calls/texts from the victim’s phone to their phone to “prove” they’re still alive, and it turns out that both phones were in the same location when said calls/texts were made.  

It's funny, and I'm thankful for it from a crime-solving perspective, that so many times whatever situation the perp sets up just to prove the vic is still alive, backfires on them.  Besides calls/texts, they do emails and letters...

• Love 8
On 1/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, Angeltoes said:

I was reading old newspapers online.  Saw this from 1902:  

Mrs. Ella Ashley, daughter of R.H. Hughes, killed herself last night with a pistol. She shot herself in the head three times. She had only been married about two weeks.

I've watched a lot of Law & Order.  My educated observation would be that there's probably more to that story.

Definitely more to it. I know everyone is thinking the husband did it, but it may actually have been her father R.H. Hughes.  The "suicide" happened at his house.  A few years later, he was killed in self-defense by his own son.  

They were an odd lot.

A few more details here about the son-in-law.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

OMG that's really special. What an effing genius. Not.

That reminds me of the older guy who killed his wife. They lived in Florida; it was a late in life marriage. He was in real estate, but spent more time and effort chasing tail than tending to deals and was not doing well financially. Wife had some money and was apparently running out of patience with him. 

So anyway, one fine day he drives down to the Keys and checks into a hotel. Goes out for takeout dinner, and brings it back to the hotel room. I can't remember all the timing, but the bottom line is that he calls 911 from the hotel to report his wife missing. I think her sandals were found on the beach down by the waterline. He said they'd driven down to the Keys for a little getaway, had dinner in the room, etc.

His whole story fell apart fast. I think my favorite bit was when the cops got hold of the video from the *tollway* booth he'd had to drive through on the way. It clearly showed him alone in the front seat of the car and IIRC it was a small sports car. Yeah, he'd killed her at home, dumped the body somewhere and then went on the trip. I remember also that he got a little too smart, gave them the deets of how he'd gone out and brought dinner for them to the hotel room. But when the cops followed up, they found that the dummy had only bought one meal, not two.

I can't remember if it was cell phone tracking, or if the cops got a warrant and did GPS, or if they wired his side piece who had turned up early in the investigation - but they tracked his movements. They got interested in a place he visited out in the country; it turned out to be the site where he'd dumped his wife's body.  Maybe he had to keep going back to be sure she was still there. I don't know. 

But oh man he was not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

So to add to the checklist: If your story is that you and the "missing" spouse went on a drive together, don't go through any tollbooths or traffic control cameras. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

His whole story fell apart fast. I think my favorite bit was when the cops got hold of the video from the *tollway* booth he'd had to drive through on the way. It clearly showed him alone in the front seat of the car and IIRC it was a small sports 

So to add to the checklist: If your story is that you and the "missing" spouse went on a drive together, don't go through any tollbooths or traffic control cameras. 

It was a 1990 Jaguar XJS.......which I only remember because I happen to own that exact model.  Creepy.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

It's funny, and I'm thankful for it from a crime-solving perspective, that so many times whatever situation the perp sets up just to prove the vic is still alive, backfires on them.  Besides calls/texts, they do emails and letters...

I always love that, too. And speaking of calls and texts and letters and that, I also love the people who commit a murder and then will not shut up about it. They'll talk to their conspirators, or they'll feel the need to brag about it to somebody, or they're talking with somebody and it doesn't occur to them that, oh, shit, somebody might be recording this conversation, or things like that. I think I mentioned it before, but I also remember seeing a "Forensic Files" episode once about a guy who'd tried to cover up a murder he committed, but he did such a hideously bad job of it, to the point where all the investigators being interviewed about the case looked like they could barely contain their laughter over his stupidity.

And on the note of conspirators, one other thing I've learned from true crime shows: never, ever conspire with somebody to commit a murder, or hire somebody to do your dirty work for you, because no way will all of the people involved be able to keep the secret for long. Somebody is eventually going to crack, or they'll screw up their end of the job, or something of that sort, and if they're going to go down, they will take everybody else down with them. 

For society's sake, though, obviously, I'm glad some of these criminals show themselves to be that dumb, and I imagine those kinds of cases have to be a good bit of comic relief for the police and detectives as well. They see and deal with so much stressful, tragic stuff much of the time, so getting to have a case they can maybe find some humor in and be like, "No, no, really, you won't believe what this idiot did next..." about it all has to help make the job a little easier for them. 

• Love 8

WTF?  I just watched the latest Kenda episode, and there was a guy whose fingerprints showed he was probably a kidnapper and murderer.  The police didn't want to arrest him in his house because he might have firearms in there, so they immediately set up to watch his house for when he would leave.  So he gets in his truck and leaves, driving down his driveway.  But rather than arrest him there, where there was no one else around, and which would minimize possible collateral damage, they instead followed him to the hardware store and arrested him with guns drawn in the crowded parking lot!!!

• Love 5

Not on crime TV yet, but I think it's a cinch to be, this wild story about a very popular writer of vampire thrillers:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jan/16/sherrilyn-kenyon-accuses-husband-of-shakespearean-plot-to-poison-her

As I said about this in a different thread this doesn't seem like that Shakespearian a crime to me.  Slowly poisoning your wife for four years is straight-up Investigation Discovery stuff.

• Love 8

Watched the new ID show called Dead of Winter, and for the first time, I recognized an actor/actress from another ID show.  I think that the lead actress was the same woman who played the community drug prevention activist that in actuality was running an underground crime ring of high schoolers out of her house, and 'ordered' them to commit a murder (maybe even murdering her own son?).

So ID has apparently named two different episodes as episode 1...the one I am referring to is The Empty Chair.

Edited by LuvMyShows
added infor to know which episode
  • Love 1

Yeah, I caught the "Empty Chair" one the other night-it was labeled as a "special premiere"ahead of the official premiere. Why they didn't just go ahead and make that episode the proper premiere, I don't know, especially since they showed it the night before the series was to premiere, but eh.

Sad stories, though, both in that one and the one they showed last night. I got a little emotional watching them. 

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Watched the new ID show called Dead of Winter, and for the first time, I recognized an actor/actress from another ID show.  I think that the lead actress was the same woman who played the community drug prevention activist that in actuality was running an underground crime ring of high schoolers out of her house, and 'ordered' them to commit a murder (maybe even murdering her own son?).

So ID has apparently named two different episodes as episode 1...the one I am referring to is The Empty Chair.

Weren’t they dealing drugs themselves?

Another tip if you murder you husband/wife  by shooting in the head thee times and insist it was sicide .Don't shoot on the non dominant side of the head three time and don't forget to put the gun in the other hand.  Change you clothes, dont hide the gun in the washer or grandfather clock  and wash your hands to remove any GSR.

• Love 9

If you decide to make it look like some random psycho attacked you and killed your spouse or a robbery gone wrong but you somehow are still alive remember to injure yourself too. Police are going to wonder why someone murdered one person but leave the other person untouched. Also if you murder your spouse for the insurance don't immediately ask for a death certificate or immediately called the insurance company to report the death. Don't rush it. Take time or they'll wonder why you were so quick to call and get your hands on the money. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Plus they’re going to wonder why your spouse was shot in the head while you only got winged in the arm.

Big +1 for this. 

And be sure your side piece really finishes the job.

I confess, I often stream shows on Netflix that I've already seen, at night, to fall asleep to. The series "Murderous Affairs" is just right. I can keep the volume very low, the episodes are fairly short, and I just set the TV sleep timer, start an episode, and I'm usually asleep before they get to the second murder story. (Each episode has two murder stories.)

Last night I watched one all the way through, though. It was in Melbourne, Australia. A married couple were out walking in the city at night when a man jumped out and attacked the husband viciously with a knife. Slit his throat, then stabbed him six times. His wife started screaming and some passers-by scared the attacker off and called the emergency services.

But, in a nice plot twist, the husband survived. He was in a coma for two weeks and when he woke up he had vague memories of being stabbed and of someone standing nearby while it happened.

Sigh. Stupid wife. She not only had been carrying on with an old flame, but her concerned neighbors had noticed the guy hanging around her house. One had snapped a photo of him and got his license number. This was before the attack, I think they noticed because the boyfriend was a rather unkempt looking tall skinny guy with messy facial hair and a stringy ponytail, and it was an upscale neighborhood. When news of the attack broke the neighbors went to the police. Not sure if they thought he was the wife's BF, or just a suspicious character.

When her husband woke up from his coma, she realized her "dutiful wife at the bedside" act was going to wear pretty thin. 

So she got prison time and her inept would-be assassin boyfriend got prison time. She stood to gain something like five million dollars between inheritance and insurance on her husband's death, but she got three hots and a cot in prison, and a living ex-husband, instead.

• Love 9

Also, if you stage a burglary, don't mess up a little bit, like you're a bad housekeeper, and take expensive things and dump them, don't just hide them so you can bring them back later.    If your side piece does the murder for you, don't dump the side piece, or they'll tell exactly what happened.     

If you try to find a hitman, don't just randomly contact any ex con you happen to know, many of them don't want to get the needle, and will tell the police what you're up to, and you'll get introduced to their buddy, the undercover cop.        

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If you try to find a hitman, don't just randomly contact any ex con you happen to know, many of them don't want to get the needle, and will tell the police what you're up to, and you'll get introduced to their buddy, the undercover cop.        

My favorite examples of this are the people who will try to hire a hitman...by going out to bars and just going around asking people at random. Because that's a totally surefire way to not get caught (or hell, find a hitman who would do the job correctly, for that matter)!

I also still love the story about the woman who tried to hire a hitman, and somehow an undercover cop was tipped off about her plan, so he came to see her, pretending to be the hitman, of course, and she said to him, point blank, "I needed to meet you to know you're legit. I've heard those stories on TV about being caught by those undercover cops." They didn't show her reaction when the cop revealed himself, which is a shame, 'cause .I would've loved to see that :D. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, sskrill said:

Why is my favorite genre being ruined by Piers Morgan?

I asked myself the same question today when I saw him interviewing a serial killer. If not for Morgan- I would have watched the marathon. I'd rather watch Deadly Women or Snapped. Their voices ruin the show for me but I can tolerate them. Not him.

• Love 4

Does Oxygen not know how women feel about him??

I agree - as much as I can't stand the narration of Deadly Women, I would watch that on a loop rather than PM. 

What little I saw he was being aggressive and asking the "hard questions" of the killer.  Does he not know that approach doesn't work on psycho/sociopaths?  Anyone who approaches them in that manner becomes a play thing to them.

Edited by sskrill
  • Love 7
On 1/18/2019 at 8:14 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Another tip if you murder you husband/wife  by shooting in the head thee times and insist it was sicide .Don't shoot on the non dominant side of the head three time and don't forget to put the gun in the other hand.  Change you clothes, dont hide the gun in the washer or grandfather clock  and wash your hands to remove any GSR.

No practice shots first, either.
And I can't believe how many times they find bloody clothes and other evidence in the washer.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Annber03 said:

My favorite examples of this are the people who will try to hire a hitman...by going out to bars and just going around asking people at random. Because that's a totally surefire way to not get caught (or hell, find a hitman who would do the job correctly, for that matter)!

I also still love the story about the woman who tried to hire a hitman, and somehow an undercover cop was tipped off about her plan, so he came to see her, pretending to be the hitman, of course, and she said to him, point blank, "I needed to meet you to know you're legit. I've heard those stories on TV about being caught by those undercover cops." They didn't show her reaction when the cop revealed himself, which is a shame, 'cause .I would've loved to see that :D. 

Those crack me up! Yes, go to the bar and ask several different people if they'll murder your spouse. Sure they won't call the police immediately after you left or on the off chance they thought you were kidding will be calling the police immediately after learn the spouse was killed to tell them hey his wife was in here asking around for someone to kill her husband. They'll testify at your trial. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Fable said:

It seems like we are all trying to figure out the perfect murder here, which I find disturbing and yet fascinating.  However, I am not sure what that says about me.  

My great-grandfather and I used to watch all the Forensic Files, and other murder shows and make a list of everything to remember when committing a murder (not that we ever would). We eventually realized it was really impossible because there is just so many things to remember or watch for. Murderers have been caught by so many ways cat hair, dog hair, and one the screw in his glasses was too new and had to be bought after the murder because the manufacturer changed screws they'd use for their glasses. He couldn't have possibly known that when he murdered the woman and his glasses were left behind at the scene. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 5

Unfortunately, unlike the posters here, criminals aren't too smart, and as the Live PD commentators say "We don't catch the smart ones".    So who knows how many murders or supposed suicides, or 'natural deaths' aren't, and the perps never gets caught, because they didn't talk about their crime, didn't have accomplices, and didn't screw up. 

What I find unbelievable about many family cases is that when someone tries to kill their entire family, and fail at killing one person, often that person keeps denying the family member did it, testifies in court that they couldn't have done it, and seem to forget that the person tried their best to kill them, and failed.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What I find unbelievable about many family cases is that when someone tries to kill their entire family, and fail at killing one person, often that person keeps denying the family member did it, testify in court that they couldn't have done it, and seem to forget that the person tried their best to kill them, and failed.  

On the one hand, I agree with you. Especially when the evidence is overwhelming and obvious. When the facts are staring you right in the face and you still ignore them, it can be very maddening indeed.

At the same time, though, I can understand that defensive attitude, too. That's one hell of a thing for somebody to have to acknowledge and reconcile, obviously, and if they'd thought all was good within the family up to that point, it would naturally just add to the shock. Plus, we've seen cases where those defending a family member accused of murder have been manipulated by said family member into believing they're innocent, too. Sometimes it takes a while for the truth to finally sink in, unfortunately. 

• Love 1

The Porco case comes to mind.    Even worse was the Chris Pritchard case where he hatched a plot to kill to kill Lieth Von Stein (his stepdad), and Bonnie (his mother), in concert with some of his friends.    Bonnie survived, and in spite of strong evidence, has always been a strong supporter of her son.    Angela Pritchard (the sister) was in another part of the house, sound asleep, and with a fan running, and slept through the entire murder.   The motive wasn't just the estimated $2 million that was the potential inheritance, if both parents died, but according to co-conspirators, Chris was angry the stepfather wasn't spending enough of his recent $1 million inheritance on Chris.    Chris gave a copy of the house key, and a map to the house.     Ironically, Chris P. has been out of prison for years, claims to have found religion, and is very close with his mother. It makes me think that there's more than one way to get the money someday, through mom's will.        The actual killer doesn't have a parole hearing until 2022.         Some of the confederates had much longer sentences, but the mastermind only got 20 years.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lieth_Von_Stein

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

OK, I've only watched like 5 minutes of Evil Lives Here and this lady is ALREADY killing me. Her family is telling her this guy is abusive and she knows he's a registered sex offender but hey! It's totes cool to have him around me and my kids!

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

OK, I've only watched like 5 minutes of Evil Lives Here and this lady is ALREADY killing me. Her family is telling her this guy is abusive and she knows he's a registered sex offender but hey! It's totes cool to have him around me and my kids!

Sometimes when I watch these I just yell, "what kind of IDIOT are you?" and this was one of those times.  He's a sex offender, he threatens her father, he lets a friend RAPE her, but she doesn't leave.  I understand the fact that women feel like they can't leave, so I try not to judge, but from the first moment when she finds out he raped his six-month-old niece and she has four daughters, she should have gotten out of there.  I'm glad that her ex-husband was able to get custody of the three older girls. I wonder what the father of her youngest daughter thought after all of this came out.  I did an online search and she had a son with Anthony. When she son was six-months-old (I think) her NEW boyfriend killed the baby and this is what drove Anthony on his rampage (according to Anthony).  Sometimes I look at women and think "being single is not the worst thing in the world."  She is one of those women I think. 

• Love 14

Anyone watching Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix? I got rid of my cable, so I haven't been here much. Hope we can discuss Netflix shows.

Spoiler

Young girl abducted by close family friend, twice. The parents, oh, my God, I have no words. I'm almost madder at them than B, the abductor/abuser. There is something so off by their actions that I wonder if they're pedophiles or just sexual degenerates. I cannot believe they were willing to get on TV and admit what shitty parents they were.

Edited by tobeannounced
Put spoiler alert just in case
  • Love 10

Frankly, my anger during last night's "Evil Lives Here" episode was mostly directed at the law enforcement/courts/etc. Why in the HELL was a guy who molested a six month old baby even out of jail in the first place? Shouldn't that have been an automatic "life in prison, no parole" sentence? I know sex offender registries can have some issues of their own, but I've always felt that if you have to warn people about a sex offender's release, that's a clear sign they still pose a danger and probably shouldn't, y'know, be out at all.

And then after his arrest for domestic violence, knowing he already had a criminal record, he still only gets three months. And he also manages to somehow get access to a gun, so he can eventually go on his shooting spree. So many balls dropped along the way with this guy-there was no reason this had to escalate as it did at all. 

Also, we really need to just do away with restraining orders and find some kind of tougher punishment to put in place, if not automatic jail time, because we've got way too many examples proving that criminals do not give a damn about them, or know just how to skirt around them. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tobeannounced said:

Anyone watching Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix? I got rid of my cable, so I haven't been here much. Hope we can discuss Netflix shows.

Reveal hidden contents

Young girl abducted by close family friend, twice. The parents, oh, my God, I have no words. I'm almost madder at them than B, the abductor/abuser. There is something so off by their actions that I wonder if they're pedophiles or just sexual degenerates. I cannot believe they were willing to get on TV and admit what shitty parents they were.

Me! My God, I have watched a lot of true crime documentaries and seen a lot of crazy shit - but does this ever take the cake. I almost couldn't believe this was a true story. So much stupidity!! I want to punch them all in the mouth for being such idiots. That poor child.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

I did an online search and she had a son with Anthony. When she son was six-months-old (I think) her NEW boyfriend killed the baby and this is what drove Anthony on his rampage (according to Anthony).  Sometimes I look at women and think "being single is not the worst thing in the world."  She is one of those women I think. 

Yeah, Jamie is one of those women who jumps from one bad relationship to another without pausing.  Some people just can't be alone.  She could be in a second episode of Evil Lives Here about Jessee Mackin who murdered her baby son.  That baby (Larry Lord) was so cute and innocent. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Frankly, my anger during last night's "Evil Lives Here" episode was mostly directed at the law enforcement/courts/etc. Why in the HELL was a guy who molested a six month old baby even out of jail in the first place? Shouldn't that have been an automatic "life in prison, no parole" sentence? I know sex offender registries can have some issues of their own, but I've always felt that if you have to warn people about a sex offender's release, that's a clear sign they still pose a danger and probably shouldn't, y'know, be out at all.

And then after his arrest for domestic violence, knowing he already had a criminal record, he still only gets three months. And he also manages to somehow get access to a gun, so he can eventually go on his shooting spree. So many balls dropped along the way with this guy-there was no reason this had to escalate as it did at all. 

Aren't they forbidden from moving in with kids? I guess the police didn't care about him moving in with a woman and four girls?

Also, we really need to just do away with restraining orders and find some kind of tougher punishment to put in place, if not automatic jail time, because we've got way too many examples proving that criminals do not give a damn about them, or know just how to skirt around them. 

Yes! We need something else. A piece of paper isn't going to do anything. They just ignore it to keep terrorizing the person or finally kill them. The people who get them for the most part don't give a shit. There needs to be something else.

• Love 6

There never seems to be a shortage of people who solicit teens to commit murder.  No mind that their brains haven't even fully developed or that they can't keep their mouths shut.  I will never get why grown people think it's a good idea.  Most of them have no trouble returning to school to boasts about it or share it on social media, especially, when they don't get the $100.00 they were promised.  Good grief.  

I have no patience or sympathy for a parent who knows she's exposing her children to a convicted sex offender and continues to do it EVEN after her family BEGS her to reconsider.  I think people like that should be charged too.  In fact, there are charges available, like providing your children for sexual purposes or exposing them to a substantial likelihood of danger.  

• Love 14

I bet the sex offender was registered at another address, and the police didn't know about him, and the woman with kids.    If a sex offender changes states, the authorities often don't even know they're living there, unless someone recognizes them and calls the police, and they get them for not registering.   Or unless they get arrested for something else, or stopped and have their NCIC check run.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There never seems to be a shortage of people who solicit teens to commit murder.  No mind that their brains haven't even fully developed or that they can't keep their mouths shut.  I will never get why grown people think it's a good idea.  Most of them have no trouble returning to school to boasts about it or share it on social media, especially, when they don't get the $100.00 they were promised.  Good grief.  

I don't really get it either. Teens can't keep their mouths shut. They tell everyone and everyone that they murdered someone. Plus cops are going to wonder why a teen murdered an adult? Especially when the teen seemed to have no grudge or something against them. They are going to wonder who put the teen up to it. 

I have no patience or sympathy for a parent who knows she's exposing her children to a convicted sex offender and continues to do it EVEN after her family BEGS her to reconsider.  I think people like that should be charged too.  In fact, there are charges available, like providing your children for sexual purposes or exposing them to a substantial likelihood of danger.  

Neither do I and its amazing that is not a crime. Inviting a convicted sex offender into your home when you have kids? Yes, the parent should be charged with child endangerment at least and thrown in jail. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't really get it either. Teens can't keep their mouths shut. They tell everyone and everyone that they murdered someone. Plus cops are going to wonder why a teen murdered an adult? Especially when the teen seemed to have no grudge or something against them. They are going to wonder who put the teen up to it. 

Neither do I and its amazing that is not a crime. Inviting a convicted sex offender into your home when you have kids? Yes, the parent should be charged with child endangerment at least and thrown in jail. 

It is illegal in my state. 

https://crimes.sog.unc.edu/north-carolina-crimes/chapter-9-abuse-and-neglect/child-abuse/misdemeanor-child-abuse

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Yes! I thought that immediately. I'm like, if he sexually abused a six month old, what the hell is he even doing out on the streets??

And I get that she got to the point that so many abused women do, that she was scared to leave. But she knew very early on in the relationship that he was abusive and a sex offender and STILL decided to move forward. I'm pretty sure she even mentioned he had to travel to see her.

2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Sometimes when I watch these I just yell, "what kind of IDIOT are you?" and this was one of those times.  He's a sex offender, he threatens her father, he lets a friend RAPE her, but she doesn't leave.  I understand the fact that women feel like they can't leave, so I try not to judge, but from the first moment when she finds out he raped his six-month-old niece and she has four daughters, she should have gotten out of there.  I'm glad that her ex-husband was able to get custody of the three older girls. I wonder what the father of her youngest daughter thought after all of this came out.  I did an online search and she had a son with Anthony. When the son was six-months-old (I think) her NEW boyfriend killed the baby and this is what drove Anthony on his rampage (according to Anthony).  Sometimes I look at women and think "being single is not the worst thing in the world."  She is one of those women I think. 

What?? There was NO mention of that at all in the episode!

• Love 7

I can’t have sympathy for anyone who takes up with a child abuser. My God, how could you even look at a man who molested a baby? I did look up his name and it mentioned his baby was killed by another low life. It didn’t say the mother was Jaimie though. Apparently they left this out and we were supposed to think she and her kids lived   happily ever after, when she brought yet another abuser home to murder her baby. I wish they hadn’t even aired this episode. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I can’t have sympathy for anyone who takes up with a child abuser. My God, how could you even look at a man who molested a baby? I did look up his name and it mentioned his baby was killed by another low life. It didn’t say the mother was Jaimie though. Apparently they left this out and we were supposed to think she and her kids lived   happily ever after, when she brought yet another abuser home to murder her baby. I wish they hadn’t even aired this episode. 

Madding, this article specifically mentions Jamie as the mother.

https://heavy.com/news/2015/07/anthony-lord-northern-maine-shootings-lee-silver-ridge-benedicta-victims/

Edited by Jordan61
  • Love 8