Type keyword(s) to search

BiP Season 2 Spoilers: I've Got Sand in Low Places

• Start Topic

(edited)

Hmmm, to watch or not to watch?! (Haven't seen this show yet.)

Watch! Bachelor in Paradise (and Bachelor Pad, which was the precursor summer series) are the best part of the franchise! There's always lots of Wrong Reasons drama--and a Right Reasons love story or two. This cast seems a little weaker than other years, but they usually bring back people Bachelor Nation is excited to see (again, some for Right Reasons and some for Wrong Reasons). But since equal attention is paid across the dozen or so cast members (with people coming and going each week), you don't get bogged down by the dynamic of "the lead" affecting the direction of the show. I have to say, the summer show (Pad/Paradise) started out strong and truly is better every single year. This is the reality show that I most look forward to.

Edited to add: Forget about what I said about the weaker cast. I was thinking of all of these guys from Kaitlyn's season aren't too thrilling, but Chocolatine is absolutely right that the Ashleys and Clare will be gold!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 5

I loved the competitions they had on Bachelor Pad, and wish they'd incorporate some in this show, just for fun.  I'm fine with no monetary prize at the end for "winners", but some team & individual games would add strategic dimension that I think would be interesting.   

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.  I remember this time last year when we were all here speculating about how trashtastic it would be, and hoping that it wouldn't be lame beyond belief.  Good times.... :)

• Love 3

To watch! Clare and the Ashleys are guaranteed to be TV gold, and I'm sure some of the others will be entertaining as well.

I'm watching for the raccoon, which I guess also means I'm watching for Clare. Canada - the raccoon has already been on the commercials so I assume it'll be on the show, too.

• Love 1

Just watching Ashley eyelashes unhinging  her jaw and devouring poor Jared's head  in the guise of a kiss makes me nauseated.     I hope she doesn't get him to be her "first".    He's so hot and nice, and she's so creepy and vapid.

I haven't seen Carly in the previews, which makes me sad.    She's so bitchy and full of good sound bites. 

• Love 1

Anyone else walking around singing "tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow"? Just me? I'm off key & scratchy but full of enthusiastic sentiment. Bring on the tears, the crazy & the raccoon!

• Love 2

I'm not singing but I did watch the new preview clip again and even though I know its highly edited, the drama that seems happen seems epic.   looks like Joe Bailey is going to be the really, really, really bad guy.   Surprising but who cares.

Now I just need to break it to my family/friends not to bother me on both Sunday and Monday nights, especially tomorrow night since its on for two hours.

• Love 3

Now I just need to break it to my family/friends not to bother me on both Sunday and Monday nights, especially tomorrow night since its on for two hours.

I think it's going to be on for two hours every Sunday. Mondays is going to be one hour of show and one hour of After Paradise.

I couldn't help but laugh every time one of the other guys talked about taking a shot at Jade.  I think she & Tanner look good together,  but that may be because I know they are together.  *LOL*   He's nice looking and she's nice looking, so I think that works.  

• Love 1

I couldn't help but laugh every time one of the other guys talked about taking a shot at Jade.  I think she & Tanner look good together,  but that may be because I know they are together.  *LOL*   He's nice looking and she's nice looking, so I think that works.  

Yeah maybe my liking Tanner/Jade together so much is because we know they end up together.  I thought their date was very sweet and they seemed like they had fun.

And I stand by my thinking that Jade was suppose to ask Jared out, setting up the first triangle of her/Jared/Ashley but for whatever reason, she went off script and asked Tanner out.    Good for her as it seems that it was the right decision.  

I doubt we'll see much of them in the coming episodes as their relative normal love story is going to get over shadowed by all the upcoming drama.  

• Love 3

I agree that Jade "Mustanged" and flipped their script by grabbing Tanner.    And I agree they want to spotlight Jared's "heartbreak" by throwing as many women at him as will cooperate.  Most guys wouldn't complain, and I don't think Jared will.  And I think he loves attention.  

• Love 3

I noticed all the little subtle clues they gave during last night's episode about Jade and Tanner. Their intro packages were back to back, she was shown talking about finding love while he arrived. There were little clues sprinkled throughout and it was cute. We'll see what happens.

• Love 2

I noticed all the little subtle clues they gave during last night's episode about Jade and Tanner.

I thought there was a pretty obvious go-back-and-splice-it-in-later edit during Tanner's introduction package that the show added in to build up their romance. He was talking about some girls he was excited to meet, said a couple girls' names, but didn't mention Jade's name. And then in a very different voiceover with a lower tone, the editors quickly added in a soundbite of Tanner saying, "And of course I'm excited to meet Jade." And then it went back to his normal talking from the previous soundbite.

• Love 5

Tanner and Jade would be a good pair.   He has a good job and is smart, and can ground her Wild Mustang ways,  which I suspect to most people who didn't grow up in a small town were just not that wild Mustangy at all.    He's more social and extroverted to her introverted self.    At least he knows she wont blow a paycheck at Sephora.

• Love 2

Kind of sad that anyone would still be moping over Kaitlyn, whom I can't stand. Hate to see her ego fed for a minute by Jarod talking about her again!

But I love the news about Jade and Tanner. After seeing the first two episodes, Tanner really grew on me--great sense of self-deprecating, snarky humor making him very attractive. And Jade was the "prize" all the guys wanted--and the kind of low-key dorky one won from the beginning. Nice. If Jade is as she comes across on tv, she seems reserved, unpretentious, not glamorous and not phony. IF that's really how she is IRL, it seems she and Tanner might really succeed as a couple.

I'm sure the producers were hoping she'd be very promiscuous (I think people read a lot into her "Playboy" credit that may not really be there), so I like that she beat them at their own game by having a nice love story instead--and from the very first date. No "wild mustang" drama and infidelity at all. And got one of the (apparently) nicest guys there. Excellent!

• Love 4

I'm ok with Jade, I just think she's playing it very sly, coy and low-key.  She may have exhibitionist tendencies, but I think she chooses carefully where to display them.

I think she does what my girlfriends & I did, back in the day.  We'd go out very casually dressed, shorts & sneakers with minimal makeup.  If we hooked up with a guy, then the first REAL date, we pulled out the stops.  Why waste your best before you even know if you like the guy or if he's worth it? 

Remember she got the Cinderella date with Chris and knocked his socks off, because it was a serious transformation from her usual, casual style.  

I will say that she, like Chris Soules, has quite a past with arrests, various legal charges and sundry issues, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what we see of her.  Careful editing by ABC, as always. 

ABC got another love match at the end of this show, so I doubt we'll see anything negative about either Tanner or Jade.  

• Love 1

I'm mixed on Jade being a big phony or what you see is what you get.   So I guess at this point I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and wish both Jade and Tanner well as they plan their future together.   And I love that she did what she wanted with her date, no mopey Jared for her!

When someone asked RS in his "reader emails" today about Jade's move to Nashville, he replied that she has basically been living with Tanner in Kansas City so at least for now they are are doing quite well.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

So according to RS's webchat last night, JJ is single yet again.  He leaves on his own in a future episode, to hook back up with a girl he started seeing just before he left for BIP.  But Steve says that crashed & burned. 

So he's still available, ladies!  *LOL*

• Love 1

Not a true spoiler (she's briefly in the full-length season trailer) but I happened to see Jaclyn Swartz's Instagram and hello, nose job! So I'm guessing she asked to be on the show, not vice versa, to show it off.

Sorry, still not impressed. And her personality is rancid. This will be the THIRD show for her. Ugh.

• Love 3

Who is Jaclyn Swartz? Was she on one of the Bach shows, or is she coming on BIP?

Whoa really? Four hours every week?? That's intense.

More than four. ABC is rerunning BIP here tonight. This show must get great ratings, it's on ABC almost as much as AGT is on NBC. Maybe more!

Edited by saber5055

A bit surprised by the extremely high level of douchiness in Joe.  We know he'd been communicating with Samantha before she showed up, but he obviously didn't give a crap about how he behaved beforehand, and that the world would see that.  Idiot.

• Love 2

Michael Garofalo - the ADA from Des's season. 

Granted we haven't seen Michael in awhile and haven't seen his date with Tenley yet but I can't understand at this point why she went with Molly loving Joshua over him.    I guess after tonight we'll know if her picker really is that bad or if there was something off with Michael too.

From a tweet she sent out last night, I think Tenley was in denial and totally didn't grasp the level of Joshua's drug use.  Or like Mikey, just wanted to hear what she wanted to hear.    

As for Joe, episode four is going to be epic when Nick shows up and then Sam dumping him.   Can't wait for that!

• Love 3

Thanks chocolatine! I remember Michael. I thought he was all right. I wonder why Tenley doesn't give him a shot? Joshua is coming across so much worse than on TB & he wasn't great on it. Heh heh heh, molly be fun. No wallet & no memories be cool. Geez, dude you're on TV & this crap can be googled for life.

• Love 4

I remember that on The Bachelorette, Michael was "prosecuting" someone for Being There for the Wrong Reasons. Come to think of it, it could have been Mikey** who wanted to take tall, rich women out on his boat on Lake Michigan! Ooh, I hope it was! That's another fun part if this show. Sure, they'll bring on who you're hoping to see--but they'll also bring on the people you're hoping to never see again. Though nothing will ever top Jake, Vienna, and her new boyfriend, Guard and Protect Her Heart Kasey.

**I'm thinking they were both on Des's season, but I might be totally wrong. Michael was definitely whining about someone and/or multiple people being There for the Wrong Reasons. Did this all go down on a 2:1 date? I'm starting to think I'm making up an entire episode that perhaps didn't actually happen.

• Love 3

**I'm thinking they were both on Des's season, but I might be totally wrong. Michael was definitely whining about someone and/or multiple people being There for the Wrong Reasons. Did this all go down on a 2:1 date? I'm starting to think I'm making up an entire episode that perhaps didn't actually happen.

This was all on Des's season. Michael was "prosecuting" Ben Scott (had a baby, was on BiP 1). It was "Hashtag Kasey" who was obsessed with the "tall women on boats" thing.

• Love 3

They'll bring on who you're hoping to see--but they'll also bring on the people you're hoping to never see again. Though nothing will ever top Jake, Vienna, and her new boyfriend, Guard and Protect Her Heart Kasey.

That's a good point & on the show the ones you never hope to see again can be highly entertaining. I hadn't thought about Jake, Vienna & Kasey in some time. That was some great trashy TV!
  • Love 3

They might have to scheduled a fifth hour the week that Jared leaves early, breaking Ashley's heart as it really does have the potential to be an epic moment in bad reality TV history.   

As for Jared's taste in women, RS said in a podcast (or maybe it was his blog) that he's heard that Jared doesn't have a lot of experience with dating.  So put an inexperienced guy with the producers running all kinds of info and its easy to see him (1) still pining for Kaitlyn and (2) loving the attention he's receiving in paradise.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

Not a true spoiler (she's briefly in the full-length season trailer) but I happened to see Jaclyn Swartz's Instagram and hello, nose job! So I'm guessing she asked to be on the show, not vice versa, to show it off.

Sorry, still not impressed. And her personality is rancid. This will be the THIRD show for her. Ugh.

Wow.   She paid for that?  That's an after??   Did she make it bigger???   Who is she???? 

It's sad that he leaves because he can't get over Kaitlyn. Jared has awful taste in women.

Maybe it's more that he leaves because he doesn't feel a close connection with any of the women he's met, and he DID feel a connection to Kaitlyn.  Not so much that he can't get over her, but that nobody on BiP seems worth pursuing.  And with Claire, it seems he got scared off because she wants LOVE and MARRIAGE -   and SOON! 

I don't think Jared will have a problem finding someone once he's back home. 

• Love 3

Wow.   She paid for that?  That's an after??   Did she make it bigger???   Who is she???? 

Jaclyn was on Ben's season and was part of the chatty herd.

Then she showed up on a season of Bachelor Pad all ready to mingle with Ed, Jillian's ex.  they had noisy sex one time, sorta on camera.  I need brain bleach to forget that particular moment in BP history.   

An she's part of the bachelor/ette reject club in Chicago and tends to pop up at various reunion events.   

Jaclyn was on Ben's season and was part of the chatty herd.

Then she showed up on a season of Bachelor Pad all ready to mingle with Ed, Jillian's ex.  they had noisy sex one time, sorta on camera.  I need brain bleach to forget that particular moment in BP history.   

An she's part of the bachelor/ette reject club in Chicago and tends to pop up at various reunion events.   

Oh, thanks.   Now I remember, the mean, ugly pink girl.    Oh, Jillian,  I'm so glad you grew up and got over idiots like Ed who are so lowdown they have semi public sex with the mean, ugly pink girl. 

After seeing tonight's episode, I can't wait for Samantha to screw over Joe. And when it happens, I hope Carly pipes up with a "how does it feel".

I just want to fast forward till next Monday to see this glorious moment.  cause not only does she dump Joe, she gives her rose to that old guy, Dan!  

• Love 1

Tonight JJ leaves and Mikey comes back in his place.  I wonder if they suspected JJ was going to bail and kept Mikey around a few extra days as insurance.  Or maybe they keep a couple of guys and girls there, just in case of unplanned exits.  I think Mikey, Mike and Jonathan were just eliminated maybe 2 days prior.  

We'll have to see if Mikey spills via social media why he comes right back in when JJ bails.  Can see the reason that he comes back over the other two guys as he tends to bring more drama though I would have preferred Michael.

And the editors need to get busy as an unspoiled watcher is going to be totally confused when Tanner gets down on one knee and proposes in a few weeks.   But I guess since there is no drama going on with Tanner & Jade, the engagement will just have to be one of those big WTF moments.  Kinda like when Jake got engaged to Vienna.  And Des accepted a ring from a guy not named Brooks.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

Interestingly, Mikey T. was cast last season but stayed in the hotel the whole time; he never got called up to get in the game. So maybe the reserves stay in the hotel for the entirety of the show, even if they've already been eliminated.

• Love 2

So are they bringing Mikey back to continue the tension with Joe, seeing how asshat referred to him as his bitch and they both talk smack about cracking skulls? Good grief, I don't want to see more of that drama. Once you're off, maybe stay off and bring in someone fresh. Is JJ bailing because of drama with Joe too?

This isn't my idea of paradise, ha.

JJ left a girl back home and wasn't interested in finding a "connection" in Mexico so that's why he leaves tonight.    He was there for the free vacation and free booze.  Word is by the time he got back, said girl had moved on and didn't take him back.

I know Amy Schumer called him a turd but I'm not going to lie, I"m enjoying JJ in Paradise.  I guess the true turd, Joe makes JJ seem much more bearable.

• Love 8

Judging by the preview for tonight's episode, I don't think Samantha will 'dump' Joe.  She seems to be pretty in to him and doesn't seem to care about his 'wrongdoing'.  I hope they both leave, for being annoying as shit. 

JJ left a girl back home and wasn't interested in finding a "connection" in Mexico so that's why he leaves tonight.    He was there for the free vacation and free booze.  Word is by the time he got back, said girl had moved on and didn't take him back.

I know Amy Schumer called him a turd but I'm not going to lie, I"m enjoying JJ in Paradise.  I guess the true turd, Joe makes JJ seem much more bearable.

I like how JJ has embraced being called a turd on Twitter.

JJ has implied that he gets into a brawl with Joe tonite on SM but I doubt anything connects since most RTV has no fights written into the contract.

• Love 1

Judging by the preview for tonight's episode, I don't think Samantha will 'dump' Joe.  She seems to be pretty in to him and doesn't seem to care about his 'wrongdoing'.  I hope they both leave, for being annoying as shit. 

I think she dumps him next week right? Keeps him this week, then sends him home next week? 

• Love 2