Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Dysfunction Junction

• Start Topic

JD has always been one of my favorites on the show.  He reminds of the popular college kid (maybe even a frat boy) that liked to party but kind of stayed out of trouble and was ambitious.  He's an restaurant entrepreneur who seems pretty successful, has style, seems to have a good marriage and is stable.  There's something about him that is very likable.  Of course, next season that could all change. 

• Love 5

Either way, filming her while she works is pretty pointless. We know she's in real estate, which isn't a terribly exciting field unless you're Frederick of Million Dollar Listing.

They should show Cameran making a sale and high kicking like Fredrik does, lol!

Not a lot to add to the awesome sharing in this thread.  

The one thing of which I was certain was Cameran's aversion to being a mom.   Boy, was that ever affirmed.  More importantly, that girl or her mama have made a severe error if they thought they could finesse such a thing in a marriage with a prominent and successful man who wants children.  

That Cameran expressed her revulsion about birthing does not make her a bad person.   But, if she failed to be that honest about it with her fiance?  Egregious.  It sounds like this is exactly how she played it, too.  If Jason were being unreasonable, as though he was all of a sudden demanding babies despite a prior understanding that he wouldn't, she would have talked of resentment for his trickery.  There wasn't a hint breathed of such.  There were, on the other hand, some "tells" ( a poker term describing an unwanted giveaway of truth) indicating a guilty conscience.

If I am Cameran, I am going straight to Pat for advice on how to keep an accomplished man.  She's gonna need some tips.  Filming a third season of SC?  Not an approach Pat would recommend.  Something tells me she won't resist, regardless the wisdom of laying low and focusing all energies to the marriage.

Finally, this could totally be just me, for which I apologize, but to me, the really and truly slimy folks in this ep were not any of the cast regulars - not even Whitney!  It was the two dudes Pat recruited to help with the WWP function.  Guys like that spend their lives travelling in exclusive company, forever feeding their egos and organizing ways of grabbing crumbs (donations) to "worthy" causes.  Now, WWP is as worthy as it gets.  But, the political and ideological fundraising folks like that routinely do is disgusting.   They don't even believe in half the stuff/candidates they front!  It's just about being in literal touch with the rich and making a very, very, nice income.  To me, these guys are what a successful Craig would look like.  

Ugh.  I need my dressing cocktail.  Toodles.

• Love 3

They should show Cameran making a sale and high kicking like Fredrik does, lol!

That was fliptopbox's post not mine.

I don't know what to think about JD. He is good friends with Whitney, TRav, and Shep...I think the company you keep says a lot about your character. That's JMO.

I wouldn't color my thoughts too much about that --- JD does run a restaurant.  What does shape my view on JD are the chauvinistic things that we have heard him say on air S1 and S2.  Nothing outrageous but they do offer a glimpse.

The one thing of which I was certain was Cameran's aversion to being a mom.   Boy, was that ever affirmed.  More importantly, that girl or her mama have made a severe error if they thought they could finesse such a thing in a marriage with a prominent and successful man who wants children.  

That Cameran expressed her revulsion about birthing does not make her a bad person.   But, if she failed to be that honest about it with her fiance?  Egregious.  It sounds like this is exactly how she played it, too.  If Jason were being unreasonable, as though he was all of a sudden demanding babies despite a prior understanding that he wouldn't, she would have talked of resentment for his trickery.  There wasn't a hint breathed of such.  There were, on the other hand, some "tells" ( a poker term describing an unwanted giveaway of truth) indicating a guilty conscience.

Cameran's 'distaste' for children and pregnancy was over the top and very camera-ready.  I didn't believe a minute of it.  I was waiting for her to break out a huge side-eye wink to the camera at any point.  Maybe we should start referring to her as Camera-n as she's always playing to it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think JD running a restaurant says much of anything. His company (meaning his circle of friends) is questionable and I know from experience that if you surround yourself with shitty people, you tend to be a shitty person.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

I'm guessing that a lot of this is being played up for the cameras, and I can't imagine she hasn't discussed this with her husband. I've heard many women express similar thoughts of fear and revulsion regarding childbirth and child-rearing, both before and while they were pregnant, which is really when the reality of the situation hits you.  I wouldn't be surprised if Cameran is pregnant or will be very soon, despite her fear or disgust about pregnancy and taking care of an infant.    It is a big life change, and it is normal to be wary of it.  I would rather someone think about all aspects of the situation than assume, like it seems Katherine did, that everything would be sunshine and rainbows after she got pregnant with the scion.

• Love 3

Rewatching it now, and when Thomas tells Kathryn her dress looks fabulous, something tells me he was looking through the dress. That looked like something my late mother would have worn in the 70s to a Christmas party.

• Love 2

I don't think JD running a restaurant says much of anything. His company (meaning his circle of friends) is questionable and I know from experience that if you surround yourself with shitty people, you tend to be a shitty person.

What is says to me is that JD may have a larger circle of people that he is friendly with for business reasons.  I do think he's personal friends with Thomas.  Do not know that he's personal friends with any other of the men in the cast.  Without getting so far off topic, it's been widely speculated that JD was just as wild as Thomas before JD settled down and their friendship stems from those wild days.

• Love 3

I'm kinda with Katherine on this one. Look, she has fulfilled her end of the Golddigger/Goldigge contract. She is more than 15 years younger, has no ambition other than to be taken care of, and got knocked after only a few months of dating. Plus she lost the baby weight. She has done the work and she would like her paycheck in the form of a large society wedding and a favorable pre-nup. For God's sake, pay the girl already Thomas! What more do you want from her? PAY HER! ;)

• Love 1