Type keyword(s) to search

The Books vs. The Show: Comparisons, Speculation, and Snark

Athena
  • Start Topic

On 1/3/2021 at 11:56 PM, Beeyago said:

And what I really want is book 10, since it’s the final one.  But she said on Twitter today that she’s working on more Lord John books too.😭

Yes to Book 10.  NOOOOOO to more Lord John.  Finish the main story first, girl.  

And seriously, if we're doing spinoffs here, I'd love more info on Claire's family.  Why/how can she travel?  What's that genetic line?  My theory is that her parents didn't die in a car accident and they zapped through time like Roger's dad.  Maybe we'll get some of that information in 9 and 10...if we ever get 9 and 10.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SassAndSnacks said:

And seriously, if we're doing spinoffs here, I'd love more info on Claire's family.  Why/how can she travel?  What's that genetic line?  My theory is that her parents didn't die in a car accident and they zapped through time like Roger's dad.  Maybe we'll get some of that information in 9 and 10...if we ever get 9 and 10.  

You will laugh but That is exactly what I think! 

Edited by Cdh20
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, SassAndSnacks said:

Yes to Book 10.  NOOOOOO to more Lord John.  Finish the main story first, girl.  

Yes! totally agree.  Hopefully that's in her prequel if it's not in 9 or 10 🙏.   I really think something is up as to why it's taking her over 7 years to put out the next book.  Maybe she's got several close to being done so she'll release the last two back-to-back, maybe she needs to write the prequel to help her work through the last 2 books, maybe she's changed her mind on the ending and has had rewrite the last 2, maybe she's holding things up so the TV show can catch up (she's only put out one book since the show first aired, right??).  Who knows but something has to be up. None of us are getting any younger Diana!! (and she's really snippy with fans on twitter when they ask about the next book🙄)

23 hours ago, Cdh20 said:

You will laugh but That is exactly what I think! 

It's a good theory!!

15 hours ago, Beeyago said:

I really think something is up as to why it's taking her over 7 years to put out the next book.  Maybe she's got several close to being done so she'll release the last two back-to-back, maybe she needs to write the prequel to help her work through the last 2 books, maybe she's changed her mind on the ending and has had rewrite the last 2, maybe she's holding things up so the TV show can catch up (she's only put out one book since the show first aired, right??).  Who knows but something has to be up. None of us are getting any younger Diana!! (and she's really snippy with fans on twitter when they ask about the next book🙄)

I was thinking this, too.  And yes, she does get a little defensive about how long it has been for this next one.  I understand that the popularity of the show has pulled her in some different directions, but c'mon.  Let's not forget what got you here.  And really, that criticism is just me being cranky because I want to know the rest of the story.  

• Love 1