Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Family Feud - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Tasket was pretty funny though. I like the Mixed-ish cast so I didn't mind. 

25 seconds for however many answers doesn't leave enough time to hum in one's mind "a tisket, a tasket, a green and yellow basket," so I had a lot of empathy for her
I liked that Steve acknowledged her attempt to get to "basket" by hollering "A tisket, a Tas-Ket!"

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

How stupid was that comedian's wife? "I don't break up" ugh

That was my initial reaction too to her non-answer answer.  
But when she wound up both scoring enough points to win and make a statement of fidelity to her relationship, while also being sure to not look smarter than her husband who, as a comedian, is in the business of looking quick witted, I figured she was crazy/stupid as a fox, heh. 😉

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

That was my initial reaction too to her non-answer answer.  
But when she wound up both scoring enough points to win and make a statement of fidelity to her relationship, while also being sure to not look smarter than her husband who, as a comedian, is in the business of looking quick witted, I figured she was crazy/stupid as a fox, heh. 😉

They won because her husband gave #1 answers. And he laughed when he saw her answer. But she did manage to land him so I'll dial back my stupid assessment.

She wasn't playing the game properly. The point is to give the answer the surveyed people would say, not her own personal answer. So "I don't break up" is a dumb answer. She also seemed to take forever to answer each one. Her husband was quick, even when he gave a couple duplicate answers. He clearly understood the nature of the game.

• Love 4

Rob Lowe must know where the fountain of youth is. He looks so good. Very sweet to surprise his wife. The set is so stupid, the point is they're family. And they still huddle before stealing. Great come from behind victory.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Rob Lowe must know where the fountain of youth is. He looks so good. Very sweet to surprise his wife. The set is so stupid, the point is they're family. And they still huddle before stealing. Great come from behind victory.

He definitely has the picture of Dorian Grey in his basement.  

Did I see the other team giving others members an answer? hmmm glad team lose won.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Grizzly said:

The set is so stupid, the point is they're family. And they still huddle before stealing.

They're adults so they don't necessarily live together, and with the celebs they don't always bring actual family members (see TH's team). That said, the continuing to huddle was stupid.

Still I'm assuming this is the same set they're using for the not-celeb version, so if they had to redo the set for distancing requirements however many months ago, they'd likely leave it in that configuration, whether it's a celeb episode or not.

• Love 2

The set was a bit strange, since as noted, they still huddled and didn't seem to put much effort in keeping distance. 

Granted I've gotten used to Family Feud Canada's COVID version where all they did was have the face off podiums spaced further apart, and Gerry Dee stood further away when talking to the contestants. Harvey didn't seem to put much effort in distancing from what I could tell. 

I've watched quite a few of the non-Celebrity Feud with the Covid arrangements, and I'm pretty sure this was beyond that.
It seems sort of like the game show stage equivalent of people who bought a gazillion masks and now aren't quite sure what to do with all of them after getting vaccinated. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

Rob Lowe….who can walk around that pretty? Better looking than his wife, his kids. I loved his answer to the celebrity marriage success question….”One year!”.

Had a crush during st Elmo’s and he looks even better.  I even watch mental samurai for him.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Rob Lowe….who can walk around that pretty? Better looking than his wife, his kids. I loved his answer to the celebrity marriage success question….”One year!”.

As a straight man, I rarely ever see a couple and think the woman lucked out or is out of some dudes league. But...I'm sorry, that's how I felt when I saw his wife. I do the same whenever I see Jon Hamm's wife. Neither wives are unattractive but they are attached two of the most attractive men out there.

I applaud Rob Lowe from not having the standard woman the age of kids on his arm though.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I was surprised "1 year" had so few answers. I was sure 10 years was going to be a 0 value, but I expected 1 year to be the most popular; not 5 years apparently. 

• Love 1

I loved Scrubs but found this episode to be lacking in fun. The only funny part was Donald trying to justify his alligator answer. Maybe the questions didn't allow for comical answers. And Neil's improv group didn't impress.

Wendi's episode wasn't much better. Would not have recognized Patrick if Steve hadn't said who he was. You'd never know that Wendi and Patrick were on Rules of Engagement together. (Another show I enjoyed.) Very disappointing hour of Feud.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I loved Scrubs but found this episode to be lacking in fun. The only funny part was Donald trying to justify his alligator answer. Maybe the questions didn't allow for comical answers. And Neil's improv group didn't impress.

Wendi's episode wasn't much better. Would not have recognized Patrick if Steve hadn't said who he was. You'd never know that Wendi and Patrick were on Rules of Engagement together. (Another show I enjoyed.) Very disappointing hour of Feud.

OTOH, I loved the first half, at least smiling through all of it, perhaps in part because the questions weren't the typical cringey, innuendo-laden questions, but mostly because the comedians were such great ad-libbers. I loved (and believed!) Faison's explanation of the alligator helping the other animals escape. I am tempted to mock up a children's book with that scenario, heh. But mostly I just thought they were good at being funny and smart, and for once Steve had something to work with. 

I think I would have enjoyed the 2nd half too, but, alas, having been up since before dawn, I fell asleep. Maybe I'll rewatch it.

• Love 1

I can't believe Dr. Oz was not up there as an answer for doctors who you wouldn't want to operate on you!  I also was surprised Dr. Pepper wasn't an anwer. Dee and Terry were friendly and hilarious to each other!

• Love 2

The second half of tonight’s show had Lonny Love vs. Ross Matthews. In the last round, even though Ross’s team had won the right to play, Ross decided they were not going to play, seemingly to give the other side’s team members who had not yet played a chance to play. Ross seemed so genuinely happy for the other side when they won. It was refreshing to see. 

• Love 4

Ross looked great! He's lost weight, unlike most of us in the pandemic. Lonnie was so cute when she squeed about both their boos were playing. Loved the male stripper question.

As for the first show, who were these people?

• Love 1

As for the first show, who were these people?

Steve announced the bouncy girl as a having billions of YouTube followers, and the other team leader as having 12 million+ on TikTok. Theoretically they could run for office and win. 

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Steve announced the bouncy girl as a having billions of YouTube followers, and the other team leader as having 12 million+ on TikTok. Theoretically they could run for office and win. 

Is their demographic eligible to vote?

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

The "bouncy girl's" name seemed very familiar, and she reminded me of an SNL character (maybe they were parodying her and it went over my head?)  But I was at least hoping that with a teenager as a contestant, the clues might be a little more family-friendly?  I guess they weren't the worst.

• Useful 1

Tonight was very funny. Tyrone gives his best answer when it didn't count ("masturbate") and then freezes when it was his turn. Steve was just brutal with him but in a hilarious way.

Paul Reubens had the most diverse team of people I like but had nothing in common. Wish we had seen more of them. Is it true that everyone in Hollywood knows each other?

• Love 1

I missed parts of it, but the Country Music guy's pregnant fiancée used one of her turns to say a seemingly unrelated "get out of a bad relationship" or something like that, and then the Country Music guy seemed OTT angry when he got a couple of 0s on the final part.😟

Paul Reubens had the most diverse team of people I like but had nothing in common. Wish we had seen more of them. Is it true that everyone in Hollywood knows each other?

Yes. I would like one of those one-hour with one pair of teams shows that they sometimes have, with a team including S. Epatha Merkerson et al.

• Love 3

This episode was almost unwatchable it was so ... well, it seemed rigged to me. First question. Paul Reubens lost so the other team got to play. Fine. Then the next question, the other team guy answered first and was X'd. So the question was read again to Joe Manganiello. As soon as Harvey finished reading the question, Joe opened his mouth to answer and was buzzed before he could even get a word out. WTH.

Then Reubens' team answered another question whose answer was one above the other team's answer, but because both answers were an "8," there was a quiz off. WTH. Reuben's team had the answer on top so his team should have gotten to play that round.

I really was disappointed since I tuned in just to see Pee Wee and his team. I guess I did get to see them get screwed by the show, so there's that.

• Love 1

I was really thinking "fire hydrant" was too out-there of an answer for the dog/roleplay in bed question, so imagine my surprise when there were enough freaks who got polled who answered that apparently. 😄

16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes. I would like one of those one-hour with one pair of teams shows that they sometimes have, with a team including S. Epatha Merkerson et al.

S. Epatha Merkerson was Reba the Mail Lady on Pee Wee's Playhouse. I guess Laurence Fishburne (Cowboy Curtis) was busy. And RIP Captain Carl.

I loved that show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

As soon as Harvey finished reading the question, Joe opened his mouth to answer and was buzzed before he could even get a word out. WTH.

On the Steve Harvey iteration of Family Feud, they have just 3 seconds to answer that first question. However on the Celebrity version with just one set of teams for the hour, they stretch that rule. But this was just half an hour each. 
But you are right, @saber5055, that it is a terrible, WTH? way to save time.

14 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

No pausing for dramatic effect allowed, that's for sure.

You can say that again, @Grizzly...
Oops. Nope. I guess you can't 🤣

But the thing is, on To Tell The Truth when, at the end of the show, after the biggest loser gets crowned and is asked if they have anything to say, and they get immediately cut off by Anthony saying, "We've run out of time," they've hung about 3 lanterns on it, so it works as a gag. 

On Family Feud and Celebrity Family Feud, it's just really awful when they cut the person off in 3 seconds their first time at bat. I realize this incarnation of Feud doesn't shy away from awful, but really? 
IDK.
I guess some (not all!) of these "celebrities" who aren't quite celebrities are probably jackasses to work with, which is why they haven't gotten more gigs and become more widely known, so cutting someone off like that let's them know right out of the gate that this is Steve Harvey's show and nobody else's.  

On 7/27/2021 at 1:58 PM, shapeshifter said:

On Family Feud and Celebrity Family Feud, it's just really awful when they cut the person off in 3 seconds their first time at bat.

When it happened to Pee Wee's team, it's like the three seconds included Harvey reading the question again. Joe didn't hesitate three seconds, he opened his mouth to answer as soon as Harvey finished reading, and he got buzzed.

I am not a Steve Harvey fan, to put it politely, so never watch otherwise. Just wanted to see Pee Wee and his team. I guess I could have skipped this episode too since Pee Wee and his people never got to play.

• Love 2
On 7/26/2021 at 3:33 PM, saber5055 said:

S. Epatha Merkerson was Reba the Mail Lady on Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Thank you! I have never seen that show and wondered how on earth Paul Reubans was connected to her. I am so bummed we didn't get to see more of that team.  It's like Drew Carey was barely there.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Thank you! I have never seen that show and wondered how on earth Paul Reubans was connected to her. I am so bummed we didn't get to see more of that team.  It's like Drew Carey was barely there.

That happens more often than it should, IMO. Maybe they should tweak the game a little. 
And maybe that team can return?

On 7/30/2021 at 2:24 PM, shapeshifter said:

Maybe they should tweak the game a little. 

I agree wholeheartedly!  They should at least let everyone have a turn at the buzzer.  I'd rather see a whole hour of a "family" than two half-hours too. (Well, most families.)

• LOL 1

Yes, he is. 

Did anyone notice that Steve screwed up during the reveal of answers during Fast Money in that game?  He gave "phone" as the number one answer for something when that was for the next answer, and then he never noticed and corrected it.

• Love 2