Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Family Feud - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Yes, he is. 

Did anyone notice that Steve screwed up during the reveal of answers during Fast Money in that game?  He gave "phone" as the number one answer for something when that was for the next answer, and then he never noticed and corrected it.

My husband and I were wondering who the heck scratches their car with their phone.

Felt bad Deon's team missed it by 1 point. But those were not good answers to the church question. Justin Long's team was very good and the people were enjoyable.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Felt bad Deon's team missed it by 1 point. But those were not good answers to the church question

I was not raised going to church and haven’t been inside a church in at least 10 years, but I was still yelling “Sing!”  
Hrmph. Bunch of posers. 

6 minutes ago, Grizzly said:
9 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Did anyone notice that Steve screwed up during the reveal of answers during Fast Money in that game?  He gave "phone" as the number one answer for something when that was for the next answer, and then he never noticed and corrected it.

My husband and I were wondering who the heck scratches their car with their phone

Yeah. Probably “key”? But shopping cart was a better answer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Grizzly said:

Anyone else expecting Bailey Bellamy's top to fall down?

Yes.
I was coming here to post about her wardrobe choice, and, to a lesser extent, her mom's too.
They seem like a really nice, intelligent family. I loved the way Bill expressed disappointment without anger when his answer didn't have many points.
And maybe it was during a heat wave when it was filmed.
Still, 18-year-old Bellamy's outfit looked a lot like baby-doll-style pajamas I wore in the summer when I was in high school that my father asked me not to wear to the breakfast table. So I changed. 
And her mom's hemline was too short to be flattering.
I wonder if the show stylists were to blame?

But Vivica A. Fox is looking great! I remember feeling sad for her when she was in her first 2 Sharknado movies, but she looks fit now.

• Love 1

You are not alone in being distracted by that. I was too. Also Erik Byrnes annoys the crap out of me as a baseball commentator and he was just as irritating to watch on this show. This was just....not a great bunch of baseball players to have - not at all referring to their baseball careers.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh the irony of Joe Buck choosing to go against his all-women team on a category about "what woman is smarter than you" and getting it wrong while they would have gotten it right is a mood.

I rewatched here the second time Joe Buck went against the female team members' better instincts and wondered if he did it on purpose so the other team's charity would win? At the beginning Joe and and Oliver Hudson made it sound they were best buds. I don't recall what the 2 charities were.
Or maybe he did it on purpose so there would be zero chance of Jeopardy! fans calling for him to be the new host?
I can imagine him not wanting to touch that hot potato with a ten foot pole!
It just all seemed a little staged. Like they were doing bad acting at being mad at him?

I was looking forward to Fran Drescher and Charles Shaughnessy and was not disappointed.
They both looked fabulous, and Steve's bright yellow outfit was very reminiscent of Fran's style on The Nanny.

I wonder if it was Fran's idea that they both play for the same charity (her charity, Cancer Schmancer), and if it was Fran's idea that one from each team played the Fast Money round.

• Love 3

What the hell did Genevieve do to her face?

Does plastic surgery even improve people's looks anymore?

As I side note, its crazy how much more I find more Fran attractive as she ages. She's also such a delightful person.

I think Bling Empire just proved that being wealthy can be a disadvantage on this show. Half of them were listed as philanthropists, so they probably don't need the money.

Really wish we were watching Wilson Phillips and Pentatonix sing instead of playing Family Feud. That would make a great collaboration. Bijou played great but what were those bows on her shoulders?

• Love 1

Regarding 7.11 (9/19/2021) Selling Sunset vs. Bling Empire:

The survey responses for "Something your friends make fun of about you" were so mean, IMO they should have not used that question.
FWIW: I said: Dancing

Also:

16 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I think Bling Empire just proved that being wealthy can be a disadvantage on this show. Half of them were listed as philanthropists, so they probably don't need the money.

Really wish we were watching Wilson Phillips and Pentatonix sing instead of playing Family Feud. That would make a great collaboration. Bijou played great but what were those bows on her shoulders?

ITA with all of this↑, especially what WERE those ribbons on Bijou's dress's shoulders????

It is typical for the Celebs to be totally disconnected from how the survey audience would respond to the questions.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I was surprised and a bit offended by Chynna's "Holy Spirit" chant or whatever it was.  Yes, I know that people are able to say and do what they want, but to portray the Holy Spirit as "Santa" or an entity that exists just to give one what they want is disrespect towards those who believe in the Trinity.

I remember Bijou Phillips as an actress, but I kinda forgot about her being related to the rest of this family. She is Chyna's half-sister (different mothers), and I'm kinda surprised she's still friendly with her considering Chyna took her sister Mackenzie's side after Mackenzie's book came out about the sexual abuse allegations about her father- while it appears Bijou has still stuck up for her father saying she doesn't believe the allegations. 

• Useful 1
On 9/20/2021 at 11:50 AM, seacliffsal said:

I was surprised and a bit offended by Chynna's "Holy Spirit" chant or whatever it was.  Yes, I know that people are able to say and do what they want, but to portray the Holy Spirit as "Santa" or an entity that exists just to give one what they want is disrespect towards those who believe in the Trinity.

I didn't get that vibe at all -- I felt like she was asking the Holy Spirit to give her confidence.

Last night was brutal.  Boys II Men got to Fast Money and one of the questions was:

"Name a month with 5 letters in the name"

The first guy "July".  The second one "August".

They ended up losing the money by 9 points (191).

I understand you're under pressure answering but wouldn't most people go month by month in their head "January, February, MARCH, APRIL"?

Although, if this was any other game show, technically August would have been correct because the question wasn't "Name a month with ONLY 5 letters in the name".

I don't remember the last time a celebrity family lost on Fast Money.  The questions they get are much easier than the normal Family Feud Fast Money questions where the top answers are usually worth like 25 points each.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2022 at 8:25 AM, KeithJ said:

Last night was brutal.  Boys II Men got to Fast Money and one of the questions was:
"Name a month with 5 letters in the name"
The first guy "July".  The second one "August".
They ended up losing the money by 9 points (191).
I understand you're under pressure answering but wouldn't most people go month by month in their head "January, February, MARCH, APRIL"?

At first it looked like Steve was trying to give the second guy time to come up with a better answer, but then it became obvious that the guy was not going to be able to focus on going through months and counting letters -- which I think is not that easy in front of an audience with 10 seconds remaining. 

Anyway, Steve made the right call (or maybe it was edited out?) of not trying to get him to try to come up with April or March, because if the the guy has something like dyslexia, it would have just been humiliating. 
But:

If this was any other game show, technically August would have been correct because the question wasn't "Name a month with ONLY 5 letters in the name".

The problem is that the surveyed people had 0 for August, and likely they were surveyed online because of Covid, so they could type and see their responses. 

In contrast, the Fast Money question to name a day of the week that starts with S is as easy as it sounds.

I don't remember the last time a celebrity family lost on Fast Money.  The questions they get are much easier than the normal Family Feud Fast Money questions where the top answers are usually worth like 25 points each.

I don't have any stats, but I recall both the regular families and the celebrities whiffing Fast Money pretty frequently. It's just not usually so dramatic, heh. Or humiliating. ;)

I mainly watched for Amber Ruffin, and she did not disappoint, except her team didn't get to play very much.
I'm sure Steve and the producers wished her team did have more time, but I'm not so sure she'll come back if asked. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

The round that drove me nuts was “Name a state with the letter K.” The top two answers had the same number of people and it appeared completely arbitrary how they decided to rank #1 vs. #2. The first team buzzed in and guessed the #2 ranked answer and then Steve went to the other team (as is customary) and they guessed the answer ranked #1 - but since the point values were tied, the pass/play option went to the team that buzzed in first. 

What I don’t get is why this question wasn’t just saved for a Fast Money round. The first team technically did buzz in with the #1 answer, it was just placed in the #2 spot for some unknown reason; in effect, they got a free answer because there was no way for the second team to guess an answer that would win them the pass/play option - a lower answer would revert play to the first buzzing team, and this BS “tiebreaker” call just refers back to the original buzz. In Fast Money, it wouldn’t make a difference that the point values were identical. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

The show typically avoids having questions where the top 2 ranked answers are a match in terms of responses.  As mentioned, it's usually reserved for Fast Money.  These days, a ton of stuff that might have surfaced in the main game is save for Fast Money (for example, questions with 9 or 10 qualifying responses since the board maxes out at 8).

TBH, I don't think it's a big deal, it's CFF meaning over the top antics play out here.  However, given the digital nature of FF, there is a point here.  The first disclosed response, in the second slot, could've been easily moved to the first slot, I believe.  As mentioned, there was nothing the second team could do in order to gain control.  It's not too big of a deal though, since it's a super-rare case

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Carey said:

The show typically avoids having questions where the top 2 ranked answers are a match in terms of responses.  As mentioned, it's usually reserved for Fast Money.  These days, a ton of stuff that might have surfaced in the main game is save for Fast Money (for example, questions with 9 or 10 qualifying responses since the board maxes out at 8).

TBH, I don't think it's a big deal, it's CFF meaning over the top antics play out here.  However, given the digital nature of FF, there is a point here.  The first disclosed response, in the second slot, could've been easily moved to the first slot, I believe.  As mentioned, there was nothing the second team could do in order to gain control.  It's not too big of a deal though, since it's a super-rare case

In this case it meant that Amber Ruffin's team only got to "play" once, which, when it's celebrities, always seems to me like the audience (me) got cheated out of seeing that half of the "cast," and probably the celebrities that get almost zero screen time are a little irritated too.
Or maybe relieved? Heh.

I'm guessing whoever permits a Celebrity FF round's opening question to be one with a tie for the top answer thinks this will be "fun," but, in my experience as a viewer, it's just awkward every time.
I'm surprised they don't always shunt those questions to Fast Money, or maybe send those questions back for the next survey, and if it ties again, drop it.

Edited by shapeshifter

I also think the writers must assume it's an easy gimme for the celebs when some of the fast money questions basically only have 2 logical answers. Like, get them both and voila, giant points, but then if you miss....points down the drain. Not even a chance for some rando thing 6 people answered. 

• Love 2

Sunday's game was a mix of a head scratcher and awful.  First, I was a little worried for Rhys Darby's team. Yes, he has worked quite a bit in the states but the first category "other terms for dying" relies so much on colloquial expressions that may not be familiar to a bunch of Kiwis.  But they  managed in the end. 

But the Bachelor rounds were awful.  I'd love to blame the bachelor people but there's no way the "where are all the good men" category should have ever made this show with answers like that.  In most categories "taken" and "married" would have been considered the same answer instead of two separate answers.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But the Bachelor rounds were awful.  I'd love to blame the bachelor people but there's no way the "where are all the good men" category should have ever made this show with answers like that.  In most categories "taken" and "married" would have been considered the same answer instead of two separate answers.

I wouldn't have been able to come up with a single answer because all throughout that question I had Holding Out For a Hero running through my head!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

It was like some of the contestants weren't even trying.

I thought they just hadn’t properly prepared — that they didn’t know how the game worked. 
Like that first response of “carked” for another word for dying would have been great if the object was to come up with something unique — which is the opposite of the object of the game. This seems to happen quite often with celebrity contestants, and occasionally even in the regular Feud, there’ll be one relative that didn’t do their homework.  
But this time the Carkers must’ve figured it out pretty quickly, because they won. 

• Love 1

Last night is why I hate when teams that can't win any games come out and steal during the very last game.

They're so incredibly lucky to have won that considering both Kristin and Josh couldn't think of words that begin with "ego." 

• Like 4

Well that makes 2 of us; I hate that as well.  Kristin Chenoweth and company may have been the worst team in nearly half a century to win.

I am definitely not a fan of backdoor Feud wins, and Sunday night was no different.  Except one thing: Kathy Najimy's game wasn't super decent enough to warrant a true painful loss.  It wasn't bad, but the flow of the game was rather identical, but in a way that favored Kristin and not so much Kathy.

The last thing you want to do is play for sudden death, especially if you're the team that's like one point away from a win, or the other team isn't on the board (has no points) after 3 questions.  Chenoweth's team gain control of the third question but was unable to guess the 4 remaining answers out of 5.  Najimy, who correctly guessed the 7th and only unrevealed answer from the previous question for a nice steal, was unable to steal Question 3, which would have protected them from losing the game following the 4th question.

By the way, that Santa counting question was pretty good.  Tough, but pretty good.  That's more Dawson era than the first question of kissing somewhere other than the lips for the first, Harvey era question (both were very good IMO).

Had they won the 3rd round, then it goes to sudden death at worst.  They could lose there and we'd still be talking about a painful loss, but thinking about it, I don't think the outcome was that bad given how everything played out throughout the main game.

Unlike the civilian version, the show doesn't sabotage the 3rd round whenever a family wins both of the first 2 rounds.  While I doubt Kristin's team threw the 3rd question, it was pretty smart & great strategy since 57 points wasn't enough for Najimy to win in three rounds.

I usually wouldn't root against Chenoweth unless her opponent was a favorite.  Sunday's show was what I sorta predicted would happen, where Kathy would lose a heartbreaker, if not just lose, period.  I hardly think Najimy cares about the result.  She might feel bad for not winning for her charity, but that's about it.  She is a gameshow legend to a degree, but at the end of the day, it's Family Feud.

I hear you, Irlandesa.  It sucks when a team that does nothing wins.  Kristin & her team were rather lucky, especially in Fast Money.  It did come down to the end in both Fast Money and the Main Game, but the latter, while painful, was a little more balanced than a ton of other games I've seen with families limping into the Bonus Round

Sigh, another week of teams not knowing how to play this game. More so the second half. Snoop Dog might be the brains in his marriage. His wife was just awful. And what are you people doing in the shower? We may have found the reason for the drought. The first half was better, especially the eye candy. I liked these teams, wish we could've seen a bit more of the Chen family. And it's nice Simu has kept his non-famous friends.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2022 at 10:54 AM, Irlandesa said:

They're so incredibly lucky to have won that considering both Kristin and Josh couldn't think of words that begin with "ego." 

My live reception cut out when Kristin Chenoweth was doing the bonus round, and when I watched it later streaming I heard her say regretfully: "I should have said egomaniac."

It seems most of the celebrities who aren't already familiar with the game do not do any preparation. I wonder if the Feud people who line up the celebrities either tell them not to bother preparing because it will be funnier that way, or if the Feud people advise them to watch a few episodes before hand, but it's just not a high priority for the celebrities?
Or something similar that causes a lot of the celebrities to seem unprepared?

Last nights with Lauren Ashe, who I love, it seemed  the opposite team players were purposely trying to lose their answers were so bad. And then they went on to win. Makes you wonder if they are coached ahead of time. What horrible questions too. This show was so much better in the past. 

Even though I am *NOT* a sports fan, I thought having the NFL players on one team and their moms on another really elevated this show——in spite of a couple of too-raunchy questions. 
Since they're playing for charity, it was really nice to have a dynamic where both teams could be genuinely happy for each other.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Ugh, I hate Jackass and they got a whole hour. Wonder when it was filmed, I couldn't tell if that was an old set or a newer, post Covid set. 

Maybe it was pre-Covid and they only aired it because they needed to fill the spot???
Except Steve looked slimmer, which I think is this season?

Oy, that was ghastly. I got half way through.
Tasing????? That's just mean.
I thought it would be useful to familiarize myself with this inexplicable aspect of pop culture, but that was more than enough.
And I think SH would agree. 

Maybe this is the root of all the terrible stuff in our present culture?
Or is it the by-product?
(Rhetorical questions. There are no good answers.)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Johnny being dressed exactly like Steve was funny. 

That was the best part. Knoxville is a decent looking man and is probably pretty smart. Not sure about all the people he's chosen to surround himself with. 

(edited)

Tonight's new episode's first half was billed as "Neil Patrick Harris vs. David Burtka & The Cast of Drag Me To Dinner."

I've read comments about Steve Harvey coming off as homophobic when the celebrity team is not straight, but I guess it's just his schtick. I mean, he doesn't have to have drag queens on the show. And they don't have to come on the show. But, yeah, I can also see how his acting uncomfortable around them is not so great. Still, on the third hand, it might be an attempt to reach some people in the regular viewing audience who wouldn't otherwise see nonbinary gendered folks and CIS folks hanging out together.🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyhoo, I did think all the teams tonight were mostly prepared to play, except the guy who guessed in the Fast Money round that the number of sunglasses most people would have around the house was 100.

And I don't think any of the players were ready to give a response in the opening round when the first one to buzz in didn't pick the top response, but that happens so often, I think you'd have to watch a lot of shows to know that. 
They really ought to routinely remind all players about that, IMO.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2

Watchung Pete Holmes vs Jared Padalecki. Jared's friend saying microwaved fish for scent you would be shocked see as a perfume/scent and hitting number one with food/Broccoli is pure nonsense to me. I assume they just wanted to group all food related answers they got together but I don't think you should be able to say literally any food and hit.

• Like 4

Tonight, Aug. 27, 2023:
"‘The Rookie’ and ‘The Rookie: Feds’ cast to compete on ‘Celebrity Family Feud’" (woodtv.com/abc4/on-tv/abc/the-rookie-and-the-rookie-feds-cast-to-compete-on-celebrity-family-feud).
Nathan Fillion will not participate, but 5 cast members from each show will.

The second half hour of the show will have a competition between the associates of actors Lauren Lapkus vs. June Diane Raphael.

Not sure why I keep watching this. For a word that rhymes with xxxx - for Pete’s sake, people. Just start going through the alphabet!  Has there been a Fast Money before where neither player got any points on a particular clue?

And of course Steve has never heard of couch surfing. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Is a whale the same as a shark? LMAO!

Someone doesn't watch Discovery/Animal Planet.

Not necessarily. 
On this show it’s hit or miss whether they will lump several possible answers together or not.
So I think it’s a valid question for Feud.

One’s a mammal and one’s a fish, but would that matter on this show?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1