Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Family Feud - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/17/2016 at 7:42 PM, chitowngirl said:

"Chili canyon"? "Dairy Pillows"? Really????  There was nothing wrong with "behind" or "cleavage".

It was actually "chili cannon," which creates a much, much worse mental picture. 

15 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I'm still stuck on "stick a thermometer in your leg." I hate to say it, but the boxers made the NFL teams look like Mensa candidates. "Don't fight with your wife when she's holding the steering wheel in the kitchen" is downright genius compared to "a woman loads her makeup."

And just when I thought it couldn't get more uncomfortable...here's Keegan Hawk to tell us how important a woman's looks are to men and the most popular present on Valentine's Day.

Last night was just awkward on top of awkward.

I don't think the question specified "in the kitchen," because  I remember thinking "steering wheel" too.  Yes, steve made fun of him and steve made it all about the kitchen, but we've all known Steve Harvey to be wrong. 

Keegan  was so uncomfortable and then Tony let him play the Fast Money round. Stop torturing your son, tony! I remember thinking "i guess Tony Hawk doesn't want to give any money to charity."

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 4

I agree that Tony didn't want to give any money to charity-that's why they played for the Hawk Family Foundation; a way to bring the money to the family rather than to a charity.  I just checked the charity report and they have a 42% administrative cost which is extremely high.  It's like when Holly Robinson Peete competed on the Celebrity Apprentice for her family's foundation which, again, had extremely high administrative costs.  I was so glad that Bret Michaels won that year as his charity was real.  A lot (but not all) of these family charities are ways to avoid paying taxes on money coming in and then  the 'administrative' costs are usually salaries to family members.  The Hawk Family have $600,000 to $900,000 revenue coming in each year, which is then invested. I know that I'm going on and on about this, but I really have strong feelings about celebrities who create these foundations to benefit themselves and not necessarily others.  I will note that for all I know they are extremely compassionate and charitable people.  If so, they should cut their administrative overhead so more money can be given to others...

I went to nonprofits.findthecompany.com to find this info.

When I donate to a charity I check out the info and will only give to organizations that have low administrative costs.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I agree that Tony didn't want to give any money to charity-that's why they played for the Hawk Family Foundation; a way to bring the money to the family rather than to a charity.  I just checked the charity report and they have a 42% administrative cost which is extremely high.  It's like when Holly Robinson Peete competed on the Celebrity Apprentice for her family's foundation which, again, had extremely high administrative costs.  I was so glad that Bret Michaels won that year as his charity was real.  A lot (but not all) of these family charities are ways to avoid paying taxes on money coming in and then  the 'administrative' costs are usually salaries to family members.  The Hawk Family have $600,000 to $900,000 revenue coming in each year, which is then invested. I know that I'm going on and on about this, but I really have strong feelings about celebrities who create these foundations to benefit themselves and not necessarily others.  I will note that for all I know they are extremely compassionate and charitable people.  If so, they should cut their administrative overhead so more money can be given to others...

I went to nonprofits.findthecompany.com to find this info.

When I donate to a charity I check out the info and will only give to organizations that have low administrative costs.

Thanks for the info. I never heard Steve mention the charity so i had no idea Tony was literally playing for himself. I agree with everything you said regarding the whole celebrity charity scheme. It has left a bad taste in my mouth and it will make me think twice about purchasing Tony Hawk brand merchandise. 

• Love 1

Wow. Paul Sorvino really DID go the stereotypical "young wife" route, didn't he?  Also... she's named "Dee Dee"?  REALLY?

To be fair, she's apparently older than she looks (news stories describe her as "15 years his junior"--then again they also describe her as a "political strategist" because she worked for Fox News, even though she was apparently mostly just a B-movie actress). 

That segment was almost a relief after having to watch the first part of the episode with the Preying Mantis. Er, I mean Guilina Rancic. 

• Love 2

The 100k Pyramid isn't innocent in that area either. So people can't win. A lot of the older shows had their share of innuendo as well.

I think the problem is that yes, the older shows had innuendo, but now they just come right out and say every single "adult" thing that pops into their heads.  Which is fine if that is the audience that you are playing to, but we used to be able to watch game shows with our family.  That simply isn't possible anymore for people with young children.

• Love 2
On July 14, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Ottis said:

I try to enjoy this show, but the insipidness of the answers from whoever the 100 people are, coupled with the dumbing down of the questions for the celebrity version (name a color on a traffic light?), just causes me too much annoyance. I've lost count of how many ridiculous answers are on the board while reasonable ones are not. They need a new way of getting their answers. Ask 100 people on a college campus? Ask 100 people at NASA? Something.

I try to enjoy it, too.  They are making it difficult.  I can tolerate Steve Harvey in small doses, but he crosses into buffoon territory here, IMO.   And as others have asked, who in the hell are they polling?  One night an answer was, "ho", and tonight there was "glistening orbs", which I'm assuming are breasts.   And I hate when they inappropriately award answers.   For instance, tonight a man answered "bra", and they gave him the number one answer of "glistening orbs".  Because bras and breasts are the same thing.  Right.  I'm sure most men know their penis and underwear are two different things. 

• Love 1

Delurking to say it would be the Bachelorettes to be the first to lose at Fast Money this season. SMH. Those were easy questions and they still could've won if one of them didn't get a zero on one Fast Money question. Geez.

The Indy drivers were fun. 

Edited by Arcadiasw
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I can tolerate Steve Harvey in small doses, but he crosses into buffoon territory here

Tonight he at least said something about 8:00 time slot and the answers on the board.  I think he too is disgusted by the answers.

58 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

Delurking to say it would be the Bachelorettes to be the first to lose at Fast Money this season. SMH. Those were easy questions and they still could've won if one of them didn't get a zero on one Fast Money question. Geez.

The Indy drivers were fun. 

Loved the Indy guys!  Smartest group of the night.  The bachelors, bachelorettes and models were just stupid.

1 minute ago, nonnybaby said:

Wow - could Bachelorette Kaitlyn be any more of a shrew?

No, she could not.  Shawn looks great but she looks like she had work done.  Andi is an idiot.  Why in the world would they let Ashley go the fast money?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nonnybaby said:

Wow - could Bachelorette Kaitlyn be any more of a shrew?

I agree! I don't watch the Bachelor or the Bachelorette, so I was confused about if the guys were their mates or whatever, but I did catch that she was matched against her fiance. I saw him and thought he was cute and kind of fun and then saw her and wondered how in the hell they ended up together, because she seems like she sucks.

• Love 1

I don't think it's the people they are polling that are giving those asinine euphemisms. They are just too off the wall. I think it's the producers trying to be cutesy. Or, they give the actual responses to some middle school boys and have them come up with the alternative answers. Which may explain why "bra" and "breasts" are the same things; I guess "something in the chestal area that we can snicker at" was all that was needed.

• Love 3

No one is actually giving those answers. I never thought that was in question. People are answering breast, ass or whatever and the producers are coming up with "fun" names for the answers. 1. They probably think it's funny and 2. It gives them the reactions they want from Steve. 

It's another thing I don't take seriously though. It's just silly names. I just find myself not getting bothered by a lot of the stuff on these shows. It's just light/silly tv. Bad answers given bother me sometimes but I can't judge too much. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bunky1412 said:

If they were trying to play the "pretty girls who are going to pout because the big bad boys won't let them win game" they were doing it badly.  I thought the second half of the show would be boring because I didn't know any of the models or the drivers, but the drivers really made it fun.   

The models behavior was very off putting.  I have no idea what they were thinking, but all they accomplished was looking like a bunch of snobs.  I agree that Indy guys were a lot of fun. 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2016 at 3:28 PM, Fable said:

The models behavior was very off putting.  I have no idea what they were thinking, but all they accomplished was looking like a bunch of snobs.  I agree that Indy guys were a lot of fun. 

I thought they all had on their "We are not amused" faces because all of the guys were being such dopey hornddogs, practically having to roll their tongues back in their mouths and whatnot.  But I may be giving them more credit than they deserve.

Any more non-family families (e.g. all those freaking football players) and I might have to break up with this show.  They seriously can't find celebrities who want to bring their actual families on?  I'd even be OK if it were groups of cast members from ABC scripted shows, but these random collections of sports people, reality show attention whores, and models?  Yawn.

• Love 1
On Friday, August 05, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Lovecat said:

I thought they all had on their "We are not amused" faces because all of the guys were being such dopey hornddogs, practically having to roll their tongues back in their mouths and whatnot.  But I may be giving them more credit than they deserve.

Any more non-family families (e.g. all those freaking football players) and I might have to break up with this show.  They seriously can't find celebrities who want to bring their actual families on?  I'd even be OK if it were groups of cast members from ABC scripted shows, but these random collections of sports people, reality show attention whores, and models?  Yawn.

I really have zero interest in seeing a family I don't of a celebrity so it doesn't matter. Nor, is this new for family feud who has done this sort of thing with themed teams for a long time. When it involves celebrities anyway.

Just finished the last episode (why isn't it on tomorrow? Fear of being crushed by the Zika Olympics?)

For the "large and luscious" question...was "fruit" a euphemism for (in the words of Grey's Anatomy and others) the va-jay-jay? It's such an obscure euphemism. I suppose at least they didn't go with "my special place."

Thought the Indy car drivers were (relatively) smart and had great camaraderie: a double threat! Fun to see Helio again since he won Dancing with the Stars all those years ago.

OK, somebody is going to have to explain to me a sex education class, outside of a religious institution, that would use an apple for demonstration purposes?

Jaleel White was delightful. It was a treat to see him again. He was so enthusiastic and really seemed to enjoy his time on the show.

Paula Deen is just a dirty old lady (or played one on this show).

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Yeah. Hee. And I get she was just trying to be supportive, but she was seriously annoying me with "Good answer!" after EVERY answer.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

OK, somebody is going to have to explain to me a sex education class, outside of a religious institution, that would use an apple for demonstration purposes?

Jaleel White was delightful. It was a treat to see him again. He was so enthusiastic and really seemed to enjoy his time on the show.

Grapes, strawberries?  Melons?????  This is a bitter melon and if I saw that coming at me, well...........

Bitter-Melon.jpg

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Eolivet said:

OK, somebody is going to have to explain to me a sex education class, outside of a religious institution, that would use an apple for demonstration 

In high school, my health teacher used apples to represent ovaries and grapes to represent eggs. 

Jaleel White's family was fun. I forgot about the cheese thing with his Urkel character.  Paula Deen. Not surprised. She knew what she said. Lol

• Love 2

I laughed so hard at Kristi Yamaguchi's Dad. I agree with Steve. He knew what he wanted to say but didn’t want to say it.

Jalen's lucky his friend pulled it out. How could he not say Live or Fever in reference to Saturday night?  He was almost as bad as the Bachelorettes ladies. 

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thought it was odd that Dave Foley's team included a child?  They play up the sexual innuendo so much (even more so than they do on the regular show), that I just felt it was inappropriate having her there.  Maybe I'm a prude, but when my kid was that age, I wouldn't have taken him on tv so I could make sex jokes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cabarb said:

Am I the only one who thought it was odd that Dave Foley's team included a child?  They play up the sexual innuendo so much (even more so than they do on the regular show), that I just felt it was inappropriate having her there.  Maybe I'm a prude, but when my kid was that age, I wouldn't have taken him on tv so I could make sex jokes.

Tony Hawk included his son on a previous show, too. I'm not sure if some celebrities watched enough shows to notice the usual theme or maybe they think the child can handle it.

• Love 1

I don't care so much about the sexual innuendo as I do about the fact that including a child makes it harder for the family to get popular answers, and thus win for the charity, because you get answers like "A man buys a woman a pair of puppies." Which is why I think some celebrities clearly do it for the family experience, and not the charity.

They must have to pre-select people for Fast Money, but I wish they could change midway through. Often, the people with the best answers during the show get passed over for Fast Money and I'm always like "Ugh! Why are you picking him/her?!"

• Love 3
On 8/16/2016 at 6:50 PM, Arcadiasw said:

In high school, my health teacher used apples to represent ovaries and grapes to represent eggs.

Now that makes sense.  I was talking about this episode with a friend of mine who grew up down south.  She said they didn't have any kind of class like that and she would have said strawberries etc because down south they think sex ed = a how to class on getting it on.  Crazy!

Good to see that Alan Thicke is still an asshole.

• Love 3

Alan Thicke should not have been in Fast Money. It did look like one of his other sons were going but Alan went ahead. I said cursing on what parents try not to do in front of kids. I said Justin Timberlake for famous Justin. No one will think of the Prime Minister of Canada. 

It is never good to answer a question before Steve finishes it. 

• Love 1

I did think of Justin Trudeau but knew immediately that it wouldn't be there.  They're such a Canadian family. IIRC, Justin Bieber was less than 50 percent.  Justin Timberlake is the other Justin I thought of.  But since Bieber was the number one answer, that meant there's a third Justin.  Any guesses? 

As for Alan, has there ever been a final feud played that didn't involve the celeb?  I wonder if that's why Thicke was there.  And he was awful.

• Love 1
On September 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Ciarrai said:

Who the hell is Sheryl Underwood and why is she so damn annoying? I wanted to reach through the TV and slap her.

She's a standup comedienne/actress & an Emmy-nominated co-host of The Talk, CBS' daytime talk show clone of ABC's The View. As for her level of annoyance, I think mileage honestly varies on that, depending on the person. I don't usually find her that annoying, for the most part.

She's also a highly intelligent, God-fearing, ex-military, guardian of her mentally disabled sister. She's a comedian so she can be outlandish at times and I can see how people would find her annoying. I only know of her because of The Talk but I think she's one of the better humans out there. 

(Also, she's the only celebrity that started following me on Twitter after I followed her.)

• Love 2
On 9/8/2016 at 5:33 PM, Ciarrai said:

Who the hell is Sheryl Underwood and why is she so damn annoying? I wanted to reach through the TV and slap her.

While she was annoying, she didnt even approach how annoying Robin MaGraw, Paula Dean, and Todd Christy were; three truly vile creatures.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2016 at 11:23 PM, BW Manilowe said:

She's a standup comedienne/actress & an Emmy-nominated co-host of The Talk, CBS' daytime talk show clone of ABC's The View. As for her level of annoyance, I think mileage honestly varies on that, depending on the person. I don't usually find her that annoying, for the most part.

On a "secrets revealed" episode of the talk, she got to the reasons she became a comedienne.  I suspect, but can't know of course, that she's loud and brash and over the top because non-clownish moments make for times somber/quiet/reflective enough to be overwhelmed by her life's tragedies.   Somewhat violent childhood, her twin sister died as an infant (mom told her it was her father's fault).  Her husband killed himself and she's never forgiven herself for their last conversation.   Lots of stuff to want to cover up with silliness.

• Love 1

I didn't agree with the answers of the women from Garrett's family on a woman dropping a guy who always has to check in with question. I would think a woman would be fine if a guy checks on his kids and the babysitter. The answers on the board would definitely be a problem. Essence acted a bit arrogant and didn't act as a good sport when Steve made fun of her answer. No way would the apple bucket be on that board and there's no need to take offense. It's a game show for charity. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Alfonso had the right attitude. I've been pronouncing Alfonso's last name wrong for years. I thought it was pronounced as Rib-bear-ro.

I don't know who Todd Chrisley is but he and his family were funny. I laughed so hard at the two ladies coming to the podium as Steve was going to commercial. I never saw that before! LOL!

At the end of Fast Money, they had time for Sara to go back and answer the first question. Did they forget or ignored it since they knew Sara won with her other answers?

9 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

At the end of Fast Money, they had time for Sara to go back and answer the first question. Did they forget or ignored it since they knew Sara won with her other answers?

I think so.  I noticed it too.

Todd Chrisley is really hard on his son.  I wanted to shout, "Enough".

On September 12, 2016 at 3:51 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

On a "secrets revealed" episode of the talk, she got to the reasons she became a comedienne.  I suspect, but can't know of course, that she's loud and brash and over the top because non-clownish moments make for times somber/quiet/reflective enough to be overwhelmed by her life's tragedies.   Somewhat violent childhood, her twin sister died as an infant (mom told her it was her father's fault).  Her husband killed himself and she's never forgiven herself for their last conversation.   Lots of stuff to want to cover up with silliness.

This week for the 7th season premiere of The Talk, they're doing a thing where, I think, the hosts open up about things they haven't really discussed on air/they tried to discuss & ended up not being able to--like why Sharon needed a 5-week leave of absence from the show awhile back (it turned out she had a complete breakdown; she said she couldn't talk, think, or other things, & I think also a bad bout of depression, & had to be "put into a facility" [actually 2, I think she said], as she put it, to learn how to deal with things over again). She tried to explain this a season or 2 ago, but wasn't really ready then.

Anyway... Sheryl's thing was on yesterday's (Wednesday's) show. She & her older brother discussed how Sheryl came to be conservator (the word she used) for her developmentally disabled older sister, Frankie, who has the mind of an 18-month-old child & cannot talk, though she's otherwise developed into a normal adult female now in her 60's. Before she died, Sheryl's brother had told their mom he would take care of Frankie & even fixed her a room in his house; then he realized that Sheryl had already been taking care of her as they grew up & had helped her deal with "female" type issues then, which was something he didn't really comfortable with or adequate at, so things just kind of evolved into Sheryl taking care of her because she was another female. It was kind of fascinating & hopefully is on YouTube for anyone who knows/wants to know about this part of Sheryl's life, missed the show, & wants to see the segment.

• Love 2

Either Amy Schumer hadn't watched Family Feud or she was just nervous. I loved Steve's reaction to Amy walking back to her family after Fast Money.  Both Irwin children or their mother should've played Fast Money instead of the male cousin. He was awful!! Robert Irvin looks a lot like his Dad.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Both Irwin children or their mother should've played Fast Money instead of the male cousin. He was awful!!

As much as I love the Irwins, I didn't think they were particularly good at the game, and was rather surprised when they won.  The cousin wasn't great at Fast Money, but I think they still could have gotten it if not for that rather stupid question about bone structure or whatever it was.  WTH was that?  I was stumped, and I wasn't even subjected to the nerves or pressure of being a contestant.  

Tonight gave us "Pickle pocket" "bro globe" "chocolate thunder." Oh show, you never disappoint.

First game:  Eva racking up 193 was pretty damn impressive in Fast Money.

Second game:  Don't celebs know if you're going to face off against Yvette Nicole Brown, the odds are you're going to lose?  YNB is the current queen of game shows!

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, mtlchick said:

First game:  Eva racking up 193 was pretty damn impressive in Fast Money.

It was and I was extra relieved when I learned who the second person was going to be.  I do like Amaury but he was giving some weird answers.  I would have thought Ana or Justina might have been a better second.  But 7 would be tough to not get.  He surprisingly ended up giving some good answers.  BTW, I really loved her group.  I loved that I could recognize everyone on her panel without even needing to be told who they were.  Families are fine but I love when they're all celebs.  George did well in this area too even though the only one I recognized right off the bat was Constance Marie. (I guessed who Oscar was after seeing his name).

I am a bit surprised they didn't give Wilmer credit for the "joint/blunt" option when he said "cigarette" yet gave Justina credit for "dough" when she said "tortilla." 

12 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Don't celebs know if you're going to face off against Yvette Nicole Brown, the odds are you're going to lose?  YNB is the current queen of game shows!

So true.  I did find her family's final round questions a bit tougher than usual. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

I really want to know how many points Denver Nuggets would have received.  I thought it was uncalled to say it was a terrible answer.  My first thought was chicken and my second thought was gold, but I think Denver was a good answer.

5 hours ago, TAG42481 said:

I really want to know how many points Denver Nuggets would have received.  I thought it was uncalled to say it was a terrible answer.  My first thought was chicken and my second thought was gold, but I think Denver was a good answer.

Maybe none at all....Steve said gold nugget was the #1 answer which surprised me because chicken nugget had already gotten 48(?) points.

I thought the funny guys and girls was a fun game. I loved how they greeted one another and I wish we could have seen all the contestants do it. The guys were especially good at finding the answers so I was a little bummed that the girls pulled it out. 

• Love 5