Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Family Feud - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

(edited)

The Potter sisters/clones didn't get the memo that ruffled skirts are usually worn by the junior high set and outgrown by the time you get to high school.

There really was quite a resemblance between Monica and her sisters, and the similar hair/clothes didn't help. Odd combo with the Cavs t-shirts--jeans would've a much better look.

I can't believe condoms was the number one answer for things you didn't mean to leave in the collection plate at church!

I wonder if the Parents' Television Council takes a summer holiday or will they be up in arms about some of the suggestive questions/answers on network TV. 

Edited by Dejana

Family Feud is not a stranger to raunchy answers and it's a daytime show usually. So, I don't think anyone will care about this. And the family hour stuff has been dead and gone for years.

I know there are people out there that dislike Anthony Anderson but I'm not one of them. He always seems like a good time. His family (especially his mama) was great too.

I love Monica Potter's sister Kerry. Supplying the most inappropriate answers while standing right next to your mom.

Steve Harvey always cracks me up on this show.

• Love 2

Of course I know who Toni Braxton is, but I've never seen her family's reality show.  She was fine, but I found her sisters to be pretty unlikeable and annoying.

• Love 7

Toni Braxton still looks fantastic. Some of her sisters, however, seemed like they got the short end of the plastic surgery stick. The one who seemed the most plastic was getting all the good answers, but I could have done without the constant hair flipping.

Anthony Anderson's family seemed funny.

• Love 2

Wow, Tamar lost a lot of weight.  Almost didn't recognize her.  She was good with the answers but seemed really arrogant.  They were not very supporting of each other.

I enjoy Anthony Anderson.  Loved him on Hollywood game night. 

I enjoyed the throwback to the classic posing of the teams at the beginning with the Braxtons and Andersons.  I guess they ran out of time so they didn't have the Potters and Stones' do them?

Curtis Stone's team was just bad.

I'm not against raunchy stuff but "ham flower" is ridiculous.

The Braxtons minus Toni were very unlikable. I'm surprised that's the episode they opened this run with.

Censors and the like probably don't know what the heck Ham Flower is so they aren't going to complain. Showrunners will tell that this is how they get things past the censors all the time. The people who could censor or complain for word or phrase have no idea what it is so they don't complain.

The Curtis Stone family, or would that it be more appropriate that it was actually the Price family w/ Curtis Stone, never got a chance really, but that is the game I suppose.

Did both teams know the rules of the game?  I thought if both players at the buzzer ran out of time or didn't get the answer that the next two family members come up to the buzzer.  When Steve just asked the next two family members for an answer they looked surprised like they didn't know what was going on and by that point the buzzer went.  You had to be damn quick on the spot to get what he was doing/wanting.  It threw me too.

So how in the hell was anyone supposed to guess "Lola, the street ho" or whatever that answer was?  It reminds me of that Family Guy cutaway joke where Peter and the family are on the show and continuously win w/ Peter giving some off the wall answer where only one person gave that answer.  The joke was Peter was in the survey group.

The Potter family, damn that was some bleached/platinum hair in that group.  The third sister, Brigette I think, the one in the middle of the group, looked exactly like that girl from the show Community, Gillian Jacobs, but w/ bleached/platinum hair.  What the hell were those sister wearing though?  Ruffled skirts?  Really?

I thought it was odd all the Braxton sisters were dressed up except for Toni.  I did love how they were bashing each other for crap answers, b/c seriously, that's what a family would really do.

• Love 1

Steve Harvey is the epitome of "look at me" humor.  Mugging for the camera at every turn is exhausting.   Pull the rabbit out of his ass was just not that funny, nor was the condom.  We are all adults here!  

I will watch the reality people but I don't think I can struggle though another one.  

I have no clue who the Potters are and I don't watch the Braxtons; they are definitely a nasty bunch though!.   

• Love 2
(edited)

Family Feud is not a stranger to raunchy answers and it's a daytime show usually. So, I don't think anyone will care about this. And the family hour stuff has been dead and gone for years.

Well, I kind of cared.  I sat down to watch it with my 11-year-old and had to field quite a few questions.  Try explaining "Lola the Street Ho" to a somewhat still innocent (thank goodness!) tween (or, more accurately in my case, try to avoid explaining it).  IMHO, it was unnecessary to be that raunchy.  It could have been just as funny -- maybe even more funny -- with other questions that were more PG, rather than R/PG-13.  But, I guess it's easier to go for the cheap laughs. 

And, I call foul to the producers for manipulating the answers.  Ham flower?  Lola, the street ho?  Really?  We're expected to believe that those are the actual answers people said?  I might need to rewatch the "fine print" at the end credits to see what they say about editing.  

I'm really not a cranky old person....despite how it might appear from my post.  I love Veep, Inside Amy Schumer, OITNB and a whole lot of other shows that definitely aren't PG.  I just was thinking this was something I could watch with my daughter -- I guess not.

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 3
(edited)

I agree MMLEsq, they did make this show way more raunchy than needed, especially for primetime.  I always thought it was a tame question and the contestants that brought out the inappropriate/oddball answers, not the other way around.

The funny thing is this could be a great renaissance for game shows back in primetime, such as Match Game and so forth, but not if they are going to make it filthy for just plain filth sake.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 5

I don't know. My parents didn't shelter me from raunchy humor. So I can't relate when people complain about it. I get it but I can't relate m I knew what to go around saying and what I shouldnt and I turned out fine. But that's just me. I also don't expect anything these days on network tv to be family friendly. Not saying there aren't things out there but in a era where the vampire diaries and Grey's anatomy air in the first primetime hour, nothing shocks me. I know a game show has different expectations but I've seen raunchy answers from the board and the guests before. Even if it is just coming from the guests, that doesn't make it anymore family friendly.

• Love 2

The Potter sisters/clones didn't get the memo that ruffled skirts are usually worn by the junior high set and outgrown by the time you get to high school.

Ruffled skirts with leggings.  Ugh.

Of course I know who Toni Braxton is, but I've never seen her family's reality show.  She was fine, but I found her sisters to be pretty unlikeable and annoying.

I thought they were kind of fun.  But I've seen their show so I knew a bit of what to expect.

You know I DO miss the old formula for "Celebrity Family Feud" where it was the entire cast of a show as the Family, rather than this new formula with a single star and their real world family.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have to say Toni Braxton's family cracked my shit up, because they all kept "pulling poses" for the camera.  You know.  Those stereotypical "sassy black woman" poses. It was like a total performance. The sister right next to Toni seemed the worst(most fake)/best(hilarious), although each of the other sisters also had a.) horrible plastic surgery b.) sky high heels c.) had some version of a sassy head shake, booty roll, or other physical gimmick. d.) some loud signature verbal bit of sass they kept repeating.  Toni herself seemed understated, classy and beautiful next to them (which in a way might be super-clever of her if she allows them to be total embarrassments--she'll be the demure, likable one).

The Anderson family seemed a lot more real.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

It just means a anus. Butthole.a slang term for it.

::smoothspearls::   oh dear.

I have to say Toni Braxton's family cracked my shit up, because they all kept "pulling poses" for the camera.  You know.  Those stereotypical "sassy black woman" poses. It was like a total performance. The sister right next to Toni seemed the worst(most fake)/best(hilarious), although each of the other sisters also had a.) horrible plastic surgery b.) sky high heels c.) had some version of a sassy head shake, booty roll, or other physical gimmick. d.) some loud signature verbal bit of sass they kept repeating.  Toni herself seemed understated, classy and beautiful next to them (which in a way might be super-clever of her if she allows them to be total embarrassments--she'll be the demure, likable one).

I'm not sure if it's their schtick or real personalities either but I do know Toni doesn't have a choice :D  If you've ever seen their show you'd know she is not the boss of them lol!

I liked all of the families but I felt sorry for those who (like the Stone family) who the other sides would get a lienant buzzard time and answer the question.  I will watch again and Steve is a great host, but some of those answers are off-the-wall stupid!

Steve Harvey is the epitome of "look at me" humor.  Mugging for the camera at every turn is exhausting.   Pull the rabbit out of his ass was just not that funny, nor was the condom.  We are all adults here!  

I will watch the reality people but I don't think I can struggle though another one.  

I have no clue who the Potters are and I don't watch the Braxtons; they are definitely a nasty bunch though!.   

Yeah, some of the questions were phrased to elicit a "dirty"  answer, JUST so steve Harvey could look shocked. 

"Name a place a NAKED MAGICIAN would pull a rabbit out of"

"Um, his ass?"  

WHAT?   

Constantly trying to recreate some innuendo in order to embarrass the person who gives the answer.  It's just dumb.  

I like Curtis Stone.  His family might have done OK except they didn't get the FIRST question, so they didn't get to play. 

If the Family Fued innuendos make you cringe, then they really need to bring back the Match Game ;-)

I've seen some of the clips from that show ;).

It was mainly 'ham flower' that had me cringing. They could have said butt. There's nothing bad about that word!

The other innuendos I didn't have an issue with. That one just seemed rather unnecessary and rather silly.

Does anyone know what is going on with the Gronkowski episode? Originally it was reported that it would air on June 21, and then I'd heard it was going to be tonight's new episode - obviously neither have panned out. 

No idea. Maybe they had to reschedule them.

Liked tonight's episode pretty well. The AFC vs. NFC episode had me laughing quite a bit.

• Love 2
(edited)

No idea. Maybe they had to reschedule them.

Liked tonight's episode pretty well. The AFC vs. NFC episode had me laughing quite a bit.

I loved their reaction to "Manaconda" being the missing answer on the question about a thing a guy would name after himself. I tuned in midway for that round and figured it had already been ruled out, especially since all the contestants were guys. Turns out they were all thinking it, but no one wanted to say it! Funny to see the pro football players being so decorous.

Great Fast Money round from Catherine, though I wonder if any of the celebrity families will fail to get to 200 (I doubt it). I watched her on The Bachelor but never noticed how much she looks like Danica McKellar.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4

I loved their reaction to "Manaconda" being the missing answer on the question about a thing a guy would name after himself. I tuned in midway for that round and figured it had already been ruled out, especially since all the contestants were guys. Turns out they were all thinking it, but no one wanted to say it! Funny to see the pro football players being so decorous.

Great Fast Money round from Catherine, though I wonder if any of the celebrity families will fail to get to 200 (I doubt it). I watched her on The Bachelor but never noticed how much she looks like Danica McKellar.

Heck yea! That cracked me up XD.

Yea it was pretty good. Missed the fast money on the second one, so I guess I'll be watching the episode online to catch it.

I liked last night's episode okay too.  The only exception being when Steve Harvey kept going on and on about one of the questions--I think it was when they said glutes and he found that funny.  But he wouldn't stop going on, and I just wanted him to shut up.  

I thought that the Bachelor/ette group did pretty well...esp Catherine.  That was impressive!  

• Love 2

We all had a good laugh at how the football players were trying so hard to be polite - glutes for butt, not going for the obvious penis joke. I found their match hilarious.

I tuned in because I'm a DWTS watcher but their match just couldn't live up in humor to the previous one.

I also think it's better when it's a cast of a show together as well.

• Love 3

So how in the hell was anyone supposed to guess "Lola, the street ho" or whatever that answer was?  It reminds me of that Family Guy cutaway joke where Peter and the family are on the show and continuously win w/ Peter giving some off the wall answer where only one person gave that answer.  The joke was Peter was in the survey group.

I took that to just be their comedic way of saying "prostitute". It seems like every answer on the board now has to be some sort of cheesy slang. I remember something with "ta-tas" for breasts, the ham flower instead of butt, etc. I guess they think they're being funny & clever to get the young'uns to watch?

• Love 1

The question about the elephant...the descriptive answers on the board made me wonder who the hell works in the writers' room. 

That said, manaconda was awesome; no one wanted to say it and yet...there it was. 

• Love 2
(edited)

When did they start adding the decorative adjectives?  I watch the regular afternoon Feud and they don't do that.

Did enjoy the football players.  They must have gotten a talking to by their organizations.

Edited by jumper sage

When did they start adding the decorative adjectives?  I watch the regular afternoon Feud and they don't do that.

Did enjoy the football players.  They must have gotten a talking to by their organizations.

I think it's because it's on ABC.

Celebrity Family Feud is exactly like the current daytime Steve Harvey Feud.  I guess the innuendos and humor would come as a surprise if one is unfamiliar with the show or hasn't watched since Louie Anderson poisoned the show.

I've watched since I was a kid. Back when Ray Combs hosted and Richard Dawson was on for a bit again. So I'm used to the innuendo and humor. Never saw the Louis Anderson era. Liked it ok with Richard Karn and John O' Hurley.

They toned some things down a bit imo on the ABC one. Not much but a wee bit.

I was way impressed by Catherine's score on Fast Money (194 points!) but I wonder how they decide which questions to put in a round.  "Who would you confess to" has a much more obvious answer than "How much is too much for your wife to charge for sex".  Counting "dogs", "cats" and "animals" as the same for the first question also made it much easier for them to ring up a high score.

I thought it was weird that both the contestants and the people polled responded with body parts instead of body language like the question asked...

I've never watched this, so I thought I would give it a try (he celebrities are Dr. Phil, and Penny/Gary Marshall).  I lasted 8 minutes - Mrs. Dr. Phil was the single most annoying character I've seen on TV in my entire life (and I'm old AND watcch a lot of TV, so that is something.)  The constant mugging, the constant repetition of "Good answer" to anything said by her team, the comments to Steve Harvey when it was her turn - just ugh.  Was she being ironic, somehow, and I just missed the joke?

I was sorry to see how decrepit Penny Marshall is - is she in poor health?  It seems that her mind is as good as ever, though. 

• Love 7

I've never watched this, so I thought I would give it a try (he celebrities are Dr. Phil, and Penny/Gary Marshall).  I lasted 8 minutes - Mrs. Dr. Phil was the single most annoying character I've seen on TV in my entire life (and I'm old AND watcch a lot of TV, so that is something.)  The constant mugging, the constant repetition of "Good answer" to anything said by her team, the comments to Steve Harvey when it was her turn - just ugh.  Was she being ironic, somehow, and I just missed the joke?

I was sorry to see how decrepit Penny Marshall is - is she in poor health?  It seems that her mind is as good as ever, though. 

That's part of Family Feud. Any mugging aside. Saying 'good answer' is a part of the show, part of the tradition.

• Love 1

"The barracuda is a saltwater fish of the genus Sphyraena, the only genus in the family Sphyraenidae, and is found in tropical and subtropical oceans worldwide ranging from the Eastern border of the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea and Caribbean Sea. "

Even though it wasn't an answer, I take exception of Steve Harvey saying that a barracuda wasn't a sea creature. My mother grew up in south Florida and she talked about deep sea fishing and seeing barracudas.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, out of all the episodes of this summer series so far, Robin McGraw has by far made the biggest ass out of herself on this show.  Did she think she was being precocious and cute?  It was all out annoying.  I had to fast forward after the first first round anytime it was on the McGraw side.  

The wife of that McGraw son, I mean I thought the color on my tv was off....she was damn orange.  She also looked like she had a stick up her ass.  After this show I actually feel bad for Dr. Phil having to deal w/ that family.  

Please tell me there hasn't been some McGraw family reality series out there or in the plans featuring his wife and family, b/c just no.

I was so afraid that when the Marshall family went to fast money that Penny might have been up there, w/ that mush mouth....lol

The Willard / McHale match was much better, but I think that had to do w/ not having Robin McGraw on my screen.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 5

I truly believe there is a special place in hell for Oprah for the people she feels she needs to foist on the public.

Yeah, Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz are just the tip of the iceberg.  We also have her to thank for Nate Berkus, Suze Orman, Gayle King (a double helping of annoying), and to a large extent Rachael Ray (who got much more exposure thanks to Big O).  I'm sure there are more too.

• Love 2

That's part of Family Feud. Any mugging aside. Saying 'good answer' is a part of the show, part of the tradition.

Yes.  Robin was annoying but I have seen Steve take contestants to task who don't say "good answer" to their family members, even if the answer is bad. My guess is Robin was just over enthusiastically following directions she was given.

Whenever the Marshalls were given the chance to offer up their initial guess, it really felt like that buzzer came fast.  They were barely allowed to get a breath in.  I had to admit that it was funny with Penny because even with extra time, she likely wouldn't have gotten much out.

• Love 1