Type keyword(s) to search

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Anticipation: Singing and Dancing? Sign me up!

This looks like a similar tone and idea as Galavant, which I really liked. I suspect this is going to only last one short season, but the trailer was funny, so I will try to check out the first few episodes. However, this is airing against Supergirl, which will be appointment TV for my household.

I'm not a big musical lover but after just watching the trailer it looks fun and quirky... and I read one article where they said they wanted to do just two songs ep, so I'm good with that.

I will be watching.

What I would love to know (I've tried to Google it because surely there's an article about it somewhere, but apparently not) is, how can Santino Fontana be on both this and the midseason NBC crime drama Shades of Blue (starring Jennifer Lopez)? I mean, I guess the two series have agreed to share him (presumably Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, having been created for Showtime last spring, has priority -- is in "first position"), but just logistically how it is possible?

As CXGF is being turned from a half-hour into a full hour format, there must be considerable additional shooting going on, in the LA area.  And SoB is shooting in NYC. They started shooting in June; maybe they've wrapped for their season (since they won't air till January)? Does anybody know?

Well imdb indicates that Shades of Blue is in pre-production. CXGF seems to be pretty done according to imdb (usually they'll indicate if it's in pre-production, currently filming, completed, or post-production. since CXGF has nothing I guess it's basically a finished product?) His recent Instagram seems to show him on the set of SoB. And that's basically the extent of my internet stalking abilities haha. Take what you will from that

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 1

Don't know why I chose to watch this pilot - I don't like titles like this, which imply the lead woman is deficient in some way.  I didn't like Ugly Betty (even though I know the premise), and I didn't even watch the comedy with the word "bitch" in it.  (The name escapes me.)  I have a similar knee jerk reaction against titles like Cougar Town, Real Housewives, and ... now that I'm scanning the show list, "1 Girl 5 Gays".  

I also can't stand it when shows get overly non-white-straight-male emphatic: see: Glee.  

However, I'm really glad I've started to watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.  Everything is so over the top - I find it hilarious and warm-hearted, and for some reason I get the feeling the tone of the show is supposed to be emancipated rather than preciously preachy.

Yes, I don't understand myself either.  (ETA: I just opened the first episode thread and found all sorts of comments on the title there, so please forgive me the redundant post here.)

Edited by ToxicUnicorn