Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Makes The News!

Interview with Skylar Astin about his casting and Greg:

TVLINE | What was it like joining this cast midstream during their final season?

They couldn’t have been more welcoming. The cast is as fun as you’d think. There are times when people ask, “Is it really fun as it seems?” And this show is, like, case in point. It is quirky, everyone’s always laughing, table reads are a riot… Rachel sings, like, five songs live at a table read after she just wrote them, and we all are just howling. So even though I’m coming in in the final stretch, I’m sad that it’s ending. I’m almost like, “Why didn’t I get four years of this fun stuff?”

Season finale date, and a concert special!

The CW will air a special concert event titled, "Yes, It's Really Us Singing: The 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Concert Special!" immediately after the series finale on Friday, April 5 at 9:00pm ET/PT. Rachel Bloom and the cast of the critically acclaimed series will perform live versions of fan-favorite songs along with incredible staging, multimedia visuals and a live band and orchestra. Building on the momentum of the sold-out success of the "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" Live Tour, this one-of-a-kind special event will be equal parts concert special, rock concert and musical revue.

"The songwriters of 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,' Rachel Bloom, Jack Dolgen and Adam Schlesinger, have written more than 150 outstanding songs in our four seasons. It is an unprecedented contribution to the American songbook. I'm so thrilled we can share those songs with the world in a spontaneous format that really showcases their humor and genius," said co-creator and Showrunner, Aline Brosh McKenna.

The concert special will be the exclamation point at the end of the fourth and final season, a special treat for the fans, and a celebration of the over 150 original songs that make up the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songbook. The concert will be taped in Los Angeles in March.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2019/02/01/crazy-ex-girlfriend-concert-special-to-air-immediately-following-the-series-finale-on-april-5-693400/20190201cw01/

• Love 2
On 3/21/2019 at 9:05 PM, Trini said:

Audio of the SXSW panel that Vincent Rodriguez participated in here: https://schedule.sxsw.com/2019/events/PP102710

He talks a bit about his struggles in showbiz, and his casting on CXG.

Thanks so much for posting that!  I love Vincent, Candice Patton, Nicole Maines, and people talking about inclusion, so this is totally up my alley.  As soon as I saw pictures/quotes from that panel, I was like, "But I want all of it!"  Yay for audio!

• Love 1

Don't know why they gravitated to the "Bad boy asshole" as that's a trope that is on every TV show in existence and they did nothing new with it, much as I like Scott Michael Foster. But seeing Greg and Rebecca become good friends feels like a natural evolution. Never bought them as love interests. IF, at some point, Greg would have moved past his fixation (I always thought she was a stand-in for the things he hadn't done - Emory, moving away from West Covina, taking risks, going places where there were more Gregs, like New York), they would have been viable close friends.