Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E14: Finale Results: Two-Hour Finale

• Start Topic

With help.

From fans? As has been noted, Ryker & Alison and Derek & Nastia got higher or even scores from the judges all season long, so I don't see how anyone can say that the fix was in. In fact, I'd say Rumer and Val won in spite of this being yet another Hough-slanted season.

• Love 18

Congrats to Rumer and Val! (-: I thought it was a great partnership and they worked very hard for this! Over the season, I also thought Rumer was probably the best when you take dancing and performance skills together, so good for her! (-:

As for that other stuff: It's not really a "competition", it's never been a competition. And when you make the argument  that the fix was in for one couple, then isn't there also an implicit argument that couples/pros that won in earlier seasons you might have preferred were also being favoured? I personally do think the show is heavily manipulated and storyboarded. It's about what TPTB think will make the most headlines, give them the most ratings, keep ABC the most happy. Just like all reality TV. So fans of various pros can point to instances where their fave was railroaded and they will probably be right, since at that point in time it suited the producers and their narrative. While others will point out that this or that pro was favoured here or there, which will also probably be true since it suited another storyline. It's scripted BS, but I watch it anyway for the cheese and the dancing. More fool me. (-;

• Love 8

Good people, could someone please tell me who the tall, clean-shaven, chestnut-haired hunk in the all-male, Magic-Mike-esque dance was? I'm in love!

I'm so happy Rumer won. She's worked so hard and grown so much, she 100% deserved the win.

• Love 2

Congrats to Rumer, it's nice when the most deserving actually wins it in the end. I also don't get the hate she gets, she's been in tv shows and movies all on her own. Sure her last name might have gotten her in the door but she's made the most of it, this isn't a Bristol Palin thing where she was absolutely not  a celebrity in any way shape or form.

• Love 9
(edited)

What's the name of the young, dark-haired troupe dancer who made sure he got in every shot tonight? At first it was annoying, and then it got funny. What a tool.

I think you're talking about Alan(?). Since it's Len's last season, he spoke the absolute truth about the troupe. There are too much of them and they're taking away from the excitement of the freestyle. Just have 4 solid troupe members and then none when the pros start to get eliminated. 

I'll miss Len. Now it's going to be nothing but contemporary style dances. I always hated it when they called Len "old" just because he like traditional style dances. That's the whole point of the show. I still don't know why Len gave a 10 to Riker's quickstep when he wasn't in hold the entire time. 

I, too hope that Val will stop whining about never having won. It took away from Rumer's accomplishments when Val felt like he was entitled to win the whole season. 

Also, Andy Grammer sure has a lot of free time on his hands, eh? He showed up both times to perform the song.

Very lackluster season. There needs to be more celebrities, more people in the current media to bring some excitement.  

Edited by 1hotsumm
  • Love 2

I am glad Val finally won. He should have won that year with Zendaya. I still think they won that year as I called bullshit when they tossed out all those internet votes from the East Coast.

That being said I am still not watching this show until Carrie Ann and Julianne are gone.

• Love 7

It's killing me not to read ahead on this thread and 'spoil' myself, but I'm still watching it on DVR. Holy crap could they drag this episode out any longer?? 90 minutes in and still nothing has happened. I can't believe how much material they get out of nothing.

• Love 5
(edited)

As disturbing as the brother/sister dance was, the worst part for me was how ridiculously ungracious the Houghs were to the kids with whom they partnered.  They should have made a beeline for them when they were finished so as for them to bask in the moment.  It's always about the Houghs.  Always.

You can not fake the unbridled joy the cast displayed in rushing to Val and Rumer.  I did feel a twinge of sadness for Riker, yet he so got more out of this show than he could have hoped.  

Credit to TPTB for the creation of the outside/inside integration again.  I thought it really worked.  

All in all a very nice end to the most meh of all seasons.

Farewell, Len.  All the best.

P.S.  What in holy hell is a Juicy Wiggle?

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 10

Finally! Geez that was long even with fast-forwarding. Congratulations to Rumer and Val. I thought they deserved the win and I was glad they got it. I would have been okay with Riker too, but I thought Rumer deserved it.

I almost can't imagine this show without Len. That'll be a little strange.

• Love 10
P.S.  What in holy hell is a Juicy Wiggle?

I found this video where you can learn the choreography. It made me think about the Britney era when all the girls wanted to learn the dances from her videos. I can't imagine watching this video and thinking, "Yes, I want to learn this dance."

(edited)

Good for Val and Rumer. Sort of a meh finale in my opinion, because with Nastia gone and in a way even Willow, I didn't think she really had any major competition by the end, especially with Allison dropping the ball so soundly on Riker's freestyle. Riker could have been a formidable challenger but like I said weeks ago, one of the reasons I never cared much about Riker's ballroom past is because honestly, it didn't really show, which I don't know what that says about how bad of a Pro Allison is.

He was definitely a great performer, had flair and went 100 percent for everything he was given but I didn't think Riker's technique - especially his footwork and frame in many of the dances was ever really that great and I often thought he was overscored. But again, great for Rumer. With how intense and involved her family seemed at the end there, I would have been worried for the show if she hadn't won. And it would have sucked after all those A-List names she got to tweet support for her on Monday night.

I find it funny, that for all the talk of the "other site" (which by the way, it will continue to baffle me why those who complain the most about it keep going there, thus giving them more hits and keeping them in business), some of the comments here, really are no different. They're just the anti-Hough version of these comments.

For a person who wasn't even in the Finals and eliminated two weeks ago, Derek's name sure keeps coming up. And I find it somewhat amusing that Val and Tony's "special" season wins are being measured not by their simply winning but beating Derek to do so. It's hard sometimes to figure out who is more obsessed with Derek - his stans or his haters.

Speaking of Derek, that was an amazing number with him and Julianne - those kids were unbelievable. And Julianne's definitely improved a lot since last year when they had their first tour and you could tell her dancing was a bit rusty. She clearly has been working hard, and is almost back to the dancer she was when she still competed on the show.

With regards to Len, did they say he's done completely with the show? Because the impression I had was that it was the constant traveling that was getting to him and so he just wouldn't do the Fall season anymore. Because that's also when Strictly Come Dancing is taking place in the U.K. and he and Bruno have to fly back and forth every week, to be a judge on both. So I just assumed he would still do the Spring season of DWTS but not the Fall. Maybe I'm wrong.

Finally, I was actually surprised Noah was third. I was sure he would have been second. I knew he wouldn't win because no matter how much fuckery went on with him during the season and all the hero and inspiration talk, the producers knew that would have been the show's jumping the shark moment and make them lose whatever little (and I stress little) legitimacy they have - hence the 8 point differential after Monday night.

Did Derek choreograph the Sia dance? I'd find it a lot cooler if the concept wasn't a redux of his jive for Nastia.

Nastia's dance was the story of a woman flirting with and going back and forth between two men and that contemporary was the story of a dysfunctional sibling relationship at two different points of life. I guess a similar set just automatically equals same concept.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Sia dance was also choreographed by Tessandra Chavez, per Kristyn Burtt. So perhaps Chavez was inspired by Derek's staging for Nastia's dance? (-; And agree that the content wasn't similar at all.

Edited by katha

With help.

Seriously, from who? Unless you're talking about Rumer I don't understand this point of view. The judges scored Riker as well as Rumer. The producers spent way more time on Noah to the point that both Riker and Rumer's freestyle judging was super-rushed. Only Noah got to propose on-air. Everyone had their family in the crowd and the camera spent as much time after a dance looking at the brand new fiancee and the R5 than they did Bruce or Demi. The show didn't do anything extra to make Rumer/Val win. They have fans who voted and voted in greater numbers than the other two couples. Rumer and Riker were tied Monday night and as for Noah's 8 point gap, the fact it was so small was the gift from the judges. He truly screwed up that AT.

Speaking of Derek, that was an amazing number with him and Julianne - those kids were unbelievable. And Julianne's definitely improved a lot since last year when they had their first tour and you could tell her dancing was a bit rusty. She clearly has been working hard, and is almost back to the dancer she was when she still competed on the show.

I loved that dance. Everyone involved was amazing. I was so worried when Julianne tossed the table and it slid off the couch. I didn't want to see anyone get hurt. I will say this; I rag on Derek for being a black hole of chemistry but when he dances with Julianne, he can bring it. (And I'm not talking sexual chemistry obviously, just good dance chemistry.) I think those who have suggested that he's just private and keeps to himself are probably right on the money since he can really sparkle and connect when he's dancing with someone he really knows and cares about.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh, you know those things are on display. But Val's will be pushed a little forward or a little higher because it's gold.

With help.

Indeed.

Rumer, Melissa and the viewers that voted for them.

Edited by radishcake
formatting
  • Love 3

Chuckles, again with the domestic violence.  I guess that's the go-to interpretation for all things contemporary, with flaily angst coming in a close second.  Given the back story that has oft been written about the notorious Shia LaBeouf/Maddie Ziegler duet to the same song, I thought that this piece much more tastefully represented the push and pull of Sia's anxiety filled inner child and struggling adult, Elastic Heart.  It was the only piece I re-watched from the show because it left me wondering why we got that awful video in the first place when this was a better representation of what I understand the song is supposed to be about.  The younger dancers (thank you TPTB for no Teeth!) were incredible and Julianne looked to be back in form.  Nice exposure for Tessandra Chavez and good reuse of a clever set to boot!

Oh boy, Val did not want to let go of that trophy, did he?  Congratulations Rumer, I think?

Thank goodness that Noah came in third, and serious congratulations Sharna for showing amazing choreographic chops.

I'll take a little bit of glee in Riker's runner-up status guaranteeing Allison a spot in the next couple seasons even if they dump some losers on her, it's a job on a highly rated network television show so good for her!

• Love 2

I would have much preferred seeing Nastia, Willow, or pretty much anyone outside the troupe in the finale. How can they justify showing 1.5 hours of reruns on this?

I think Riker is fun to watch, but I'm not even a dancer and I think his technique is really bad. At one point wasn't Allison reaching all over the place for his hand? I saw that and thought "uh oh that looks like me if I were ever on camera" so I don't really mean to be overly critical, I just think Riker isn't some master dancer.

I'm glad the on-air proposal didn't lead to a win. And thank goodness naked blond-wigged Maddie (from Dance Moms) wasn't on this show. As soon as I saw Sia would be on I was nervous.

• Love 1

I just hid close to 10 posts mentioning - directly or indirectly - fans in a disparaging way, questioning the judgment of fans, calling out posters, etc.

These posts will be reviewed later in the day and may or may not be reinstated, with or without edits.

Express your own opinion and do not challenge the opinions of others.

Violators will experience consequences ranging from simple edits to violation points or more.

• Love 5
Nice exposure for Tessandra Chavez

She has also choreographed for SYTYCD (S7-S9 and interestingly, she is one of the choreographers who they have had do more than once dance style for the show: jazz, contemporary, and lyrical hip hop), Muse, America's Got Talent, and X Factor.

I am thrilled Rumer and Val won!! River is a terrific performer but I liked that Val and Rumer became about the DANCE. No crazy characters, no entourages on stage with them. Just highlighting the dance, the technique, and the passion of ballroom. I really get bored with all of the productions. I'll miss Len. Can Carrie Ann take her crazy elsewhere???Yay Rumer - Yay Val!!!

Oops typo - RIKER is a good performer.....

• Love 9

I guess I will have to avoid the morning shows today because I have no need to see Val gloating about his win, oh I mean his win with Rumer.  The way he was acting afterwards you would think he did it all alone.

At least this is over, but it is still such a disappointment.   

• Love 1

I seem to be in the minority in that I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night.  I loved almost every bit of the "filler."  I enjoy seeing the dancers come back - I wish they would do as they did in earlier seasons and let them all dance again and not just a select few.  I love seeing more of the behind-the-scenes stuff (and wish they had had more like they did 2 seasons ago - that was really funny).  We all laughed at the bad lip-reading segment.  I loved the inside/outside integration and always love getting chances to watch the pros dance by themselves. 

I wasn't crazy about the Sia dance/song.  I can appreciate how well it was danced, and Julianne is definitely way better than last season when she danced, but I'm tired of the 'angsty' themes that seem to be de rigeur (probably butchered the spelling of that) in contemporary these days.  My absolute hands-down favorite contemporary on this show was the lovely, lively and utterly fun upbeat contemporary Val did with Zendaya in her season. I could watch that kind of contemporary all day long - the pull-at-your-heartstrings stuff gets old real quick.  Also, while I understand that Sia has some issue that makes her cover her face, I wish she would then simply sing off stage.  Both times she's been on, I found it very distracting to have this faceless body in the background.  And to be honest, I haven't actually liked either of the songs (which are the only two of hers that I've ever heard), so it won't bother me if she doesn't come back. 

I agree that the show messed up big time in not doing a tribute to Len.  Seriously, with all that was going on, they couldn't spare even 60 seconds to have the pros and maybe some previous contestants saying something nice about him?  Big missed opportunity, show.

I am beyond happy that Rumer won.  I have liked her since the first week and think she was truly the best dancer left.  Riker is always fun to watch, but I just didn't think his technique was that good, and I put that on Allison.  I can't help but wonder what he could have done with Cheryl or Karina as a partner who would have insisted on working on the little things.  I'm not sure Allison even knew he was lacking.  Noah was so impressive with what he could do, but I personally had trouble getting beyond what he couldn't do (like no quickstep or jive, no real rise-and-fall, that kind of thing) to have been really happy if he'd won.  And of course I can't help but wonder what would have happened had Nastia made the finals.  Much as I was annoyed that Derek came back this season instead of taking it off as he said he would and concentrating on the New York show, there is no denying that she was a beautiful dancer technique-wise, and she had been coming on in the 'connection' department her last few dances.  She would have been a formidable opponent to Riker and Rumer in the finals.

I am also happy that Val won as well.  I am one of those who firmly believe that Zendaya should have won in her season.  I liked Kellie Pickler well enough, but I absolutely loved Zendaya and her partnership with Val.  I am probably also a minority of one in that I really enjoyed her freestyle - more than Kellie's actually.  So good for Val.  He did some gorgeous choreography this season, and he deserved the win as much as anyone.  I don't know why people are saying that he's been "whining" about not winning.  Why does it have to be whining just because you point out that you've come close several times and haven't won?  It never struck me as anything more than a statement of fact and a wish to finally get past that last hurdle.  It's pretty standard for pros to talk about wanting to win.  It would be surprising to me if they said they didn't want to win.  And I honestly believe their desire to win is as much a desire to earn a win for their celebs as it is about them winning.  They're athletes, and good athletes always want to win.  No coach would want the guy who says he doesn't care about winning on his team.  I also don't think it's fair to say that Val wouldn't let Rumer hold the trophy.  They both reached out to take it at the beginning, and then Rumer let go of it.  And when they were up on shoulders, Val was handing it to Rumer when the camera cut away from them.  So I'm happy for both of them.  I would have been disappointed if Noah or Riker won, but I would have been happy for them as well.  They all worked hard and should be very proud of what they accomplished. 

Does anyone know if they're going to replace Len on the judging panel or go with just 3 judges?  I'd rather they stick with 3, but if they were going to bring back say Anna T. or Louis VA as a judge, I'd be okay with that.  I think both of them would make great judges. 

• Love 6

How's your foot, Derek? He was even more obnoxious in the Charleston this time around. And stop trying to weasel your way into the final shot.

Hah! Yes, I noticed him jockeying to make sure he was onscreen. Because he doesn't get enough attention during the season, of course.

One thing that bummed me out... I can't believe they didn't skip some of that time-waster stuff (Charlotte's dance, for example) and instead have a segment about Len and his contributions to the show over the years. To hear him talk about giving out his last "10," I really thought he deserved a better send-off. What's up with that, DWTS producers??

That would have been very nice, and a much better use of the 100+ minutes of padding.

• Love 7

ITA that a few moments devoted to Len would have been nice.  The judging panel will suffer without him.  At least he tried to focus on real ballroom, unlike CAI or Bruno.  I hate that his last comments as a judge were fawning over Rumer though.  Such a shame.

I will never understand why they waste so much time for most of the show and then rush the announcement at the end.

• Love 4

I found this video where you can learn the choreography. It made me think about the Britney era when all the girls wanted to learn the dances from her videos. I can't imagine watching this video and thinking, "Yes, I want to learn this dance."

That is the stupidest dance I've ever seen.

I noticed Charlotte made sure she was in the background of just about every interview Erin did last night. Wow, I did not miss her at all. And that, Charlotte, is for real.

Yay Rumer!!

• Love 4

Derek congratulates Val & Rumer: "OMG what a camera hog, I see you trying to weasel your way into the shot." 

Derek does not congratulate Val & Rumer: "OMG so entitled, did you see him not even go over there when the rest of the dancers were swarming them??" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Him and Jullianne were also shown giving a pep talk and high fives to the kids before they went out. Because we didn't seen them go over to the kids in the 5 seconds we saw of them after the dance doesn't mean they didn't congratulate them and thank them. 

I seem to be in the minority in that I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night.  I loved almost every bit of the "filler."  I enjoy seeing the dancers come back - I wish they would do as they did in earlier seasons and let them all dance again and not just a select few.  I love seeing more of the behind-the-scenes stuff (and wish they had had more like they did 2 seasons ago - that was really funny).  We all laughed at the bad lip-reading segment.  I loved the inside/outside integration and always love getting chances to watch the pros dance by themselves.

I also rather liked all the "filler" last night. I liked how it was mostly dancing, and they had the dancing stacked up one after another, so as soon as one dance ended another one would start. I liked that they integrated the outside set. I didn't care at all who won, though Rumer is a fine winner, but the show itself felt better put together than the anniversary special. 

• Love 5

I'm happy for Rumer and Val, and glad it was them and Team Rallison in the final two. Both deserved it (I would have preferred Riker, but oh well).

Now that Val has his mirrorball (a gold one to boot), at least the show can stop focusing on that aspect.

Team sharkaroo continue to be the cutest cuties to ever cute.

• Love 2

Wow, that Charlotte chick is even more super annoying than I remember.

I just can't stand Allison's dancing.

I like Redfoo. There, I said it. That Juicy Wiggle "song" and dance remind of Psy and that dance - whatever it was..... and the "What Does the Fox Say." Iow, it's meant to be silly.

Miss Patti looked wonderful. She's awesome all the way around imo.

This is random, but can we retire that move where they put their thumbs in the imaginary beltloops and alternate shoulders up and down? It rivals  the flexed foot bicycle move for annoying for me.

• Love 3

Also, agree that giving Len a better (more time) sendoff would have been great imo.

Pairing Amy and Noah seemed... well IDK the word.

I know Sadie is adorbs and all, but she's not a great dancer (imo)

Suzanne's beautiful legs. [/jealous]

Robert likes to grab underboob. :)

I missed Karina, Cheryl, and Maks.

Witney is simply gorgeous.

• Love 3
(edited)

Nastia's 5 seconds on screen made me incredibly sad we didn't get to see her freestyle. She's such a gorgeous talent. I would have much preferred her in the finals over Noah.

But Derek? Ugh. He certainly didn't seem to have any trouble dancing tonight. It also rubbed me the wrong way, yet again, when he pushed his way into the shot with Andy Grammer and Nastia, effectively cutting out poor Sasha. He can go away any time now.

Andy Grammer sung his song twice on this show and last week on the American Idol finale with Nick Fradiani. I'd say it's overkill, but now his damn song is stuck in my head and I'm listening to it in YouTube. Well played, sir.

Riker and Allison's fusion was incredible. I'm not surprised their freestyle got the encore - it was the only real "showstopper" with some spectacle. I also breathed a sigh of relief, as the couple who gets the encore rarely wins.

The right team won. Rumer is a stunning dancer, almost as beautiful as my spirit animal Meryl Davis. I really love that their whole journey was about their partnership and true, technical dance - with passion. And her version of Toxic was hauntingly beautiful. Val has worked his ass off for years, so he more than deserves to hug his trophy and be excited about his win. That's his job and part of his life's work. What's so wrong with caring about your profession and wanting to do well? LOVE that his trophy is gold.

With so much filler, I think they could have cut a few things and made room for a sentimental Len sendoff package. Seriously, it can be done. Simon Cowell received a memorable goodbye on the season 9 finale of American Idol. Len's been on this show even longer. I'm shocked they skirted around it. Maybe it's not final and they're leaving room for him to change his mind and come back? I shudder to think of what we're in for with the three that are left.

Yay Alfonso! I'm so happy for him and his new gig. He's such a sweetheart and a great dancer. He and Sadie were so full of energy and life.

Rumer's family is so cute. They were absolutely tickled for her and I was pleased as punch to see it.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 6

The Willis girl with the short haircut, which sibling is that?

That girl was getting her everlasting life last night, it was fun to watch how excited she was for Rumer. 

I think that would be Tallulah Belle.

(edited)

I was pleasantly stunned, if there is such a thing, that Noah did not get the usually obligatory all 10s for his final performance. I'm really glad that Rumer and Val won. I enjoyed them the most of the three.

Len was really all cards on the table, wasn't he? He came right out and told Alison that he often just didn't enjoy her style of dance. I thought it was pretty clear that was directed at Alison and not Riker. And told Rumer it would be a travesty if she didn't win. I agree that I wish they had done a better farewell for him. I'm hoping to see him back as a guest judge in the future, though.

The concept of little Derek and Julianne was good, and those kids were fantastic, but the violent (to my taste) choreo freaked me out. I wonder if the kids mirrored that exactly. If so, I'm not surprised that wasn't on camera.

At the very beginning of the show when they first put the camera on Robert and Kym, I thought for just a second that Kym was flashing a ring on her finger! But no, just my imagination. :)

Edited by coaster
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Willis girl with the short haircut, which sibling is that?

That girl was getting her everlasting life last night, it was fun to watch how excited she was for Rumer. 

Googled; looks like it was Tallulah Willis.

ETA: It didn't ask me if I wanted to check for newer posts. Maybe it doesn't if you quote?

Edited by Serendi

Pure has been a disaster the last couple seasons because of how nasty and biased they are. They won't give anyone in the "fam" any due and they were downright nasty to Janel last season and not giving Rumer any credit at all.

I only go to them for spoilers and BTS stuff but sometimes it's hard to read how nasty they are, even to the people that comment in their posts, if you don't agree with them, they'll delete your comments or call you names.

Honestly, it makes me sad because I feel like they could be such a good fan resource and I would pay for their members-only area if the admins were kinder and a more neutral party. The increasing rivalry between the fan bases over the past few seasons has sucked all of the fun out of the DWTS fandom for me. I watch the show and participate on these boards because they're moderated appropriately and for the most part people respect each others' opinions, but all the other BTS/social media stuff is getting more and more negative and it's too bad. I almost wish they'd wipe the slate clean with pros next season and make the show about the celebrities once again. I feel like if Rumer didn't have famous parents, no one would even be talking about her at all, it'd be all Val's win. Thank goodness for talking heads from Bruce, geez.

I also agree that they could have given Len a better send-off. His dance with Nastia last week was nice, but tell me they couldn't spare 30 seconds for the audience and the cast to give HIM a standing ovation. It won't be the same without him. I'll have to get my Len fix while I'm getting my Tristan fix watching YouTube videos of Strictly this fall!

• Love 3

Make sure you keep your posts to the show and not hating on other posters please! You all know you can head over to the Grassy Knoll to expound on your conspiracy theories!

Also keep the BS about Pure out of this forum. If you want to complain about them go over there. PTV should be about how awesome you think we are. ;)

• Love 8
(edited)

I know that social anxiety is a real thing and can be tragic for those who have it. However, Sia chose her profession and should stick to studio work imo. Odd to me that there's  the stupid thing on her head and face while her boobs were out. Incongruent (for me.) Also, I'm tired of domestic violence as a "dance theme. "

I liked 5th Harmony's song. Derulo was a disappointment.

I love Tom, but he introduced Julianne and Derek as "Haff" I rewound and heard it twice and giggled. Just me?

I wish Noah had thanked Sharna. Glad that Tom stepped in and did it.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

At first I was surprised to see Val "hogging" the trophy but then I started to wonder how heavy it was ( it's a different styled trophy this year, right) and after seeing him carrying it on GMA today, I really think it is very heavy and he's just being the gentleman he was raised to be!!!

• Love 3
The right team won. Rumer is a stunning dancer, almost as beautiful as my spirit animal Meryl Davis. I really love that their whole journey was about their partnership and true, technical dance - with passion. And her version of Toxic was hauntingly beautiful. And Val has worked his ass of for years, so he more than deserves to hug his trophy and be excited about his win. That's his job and part of his life's work. What's so wrong with caring about your profession and wanting to do well?

I thought I was ok with any of them winning until it came down to Riker and Rumer. So glad Rumer won, and I agree with all of this. Rumer worked hard. Val worked hard. I thought they were both genuine in their partnership and how they presented themselves. I'm happy they won and glad to see how happy everyone else seemed for them.

I thought Noah and Sharna were great all night. I'm glad they made it to the finals just for the spirit they brought. I'm glad Riker got the encore because I thought he could do his freestyle better than he did on Monday. He handled the loss well in that final interview. I really liked the camaraderie between all 6 of the finalists.

Derek looked so out of place at the end with everyone is their sparkly costumes and him in a long sleeved t-shirt with that hair and the scruff on his face. It looked like he just wandered off a work site into a random ballroom. Made me laugh.

The roller disco injury will never fail to make me laugh.

Patti looked fantastic. I appreciated the completely gratuitous male pro dance. I can barely take my eyes off of Witney when she dances. I hope Allison keeps up lessons during the off season and works on incorporating control and nuance. I like this show so much better when I fast forward most of the judges. I liked just how much Bruno ended up on Team Valenrue after the judge's choice round. I thought it was a good ending to an enjoyable season.

PTV should be about how awesome you think we are.

This is the only place I've found that stays relatively neutral and considerate of others' opinions. No crazy attacks, conspiracy theories, and fandom wars. It's a place of relative sanity in the DWTS fandom. That's pretty awesome.

• Love 8

Agreed, as mentioned. At one point I thought Derek had wandered into the studio after mowing the lawn. :)

Patti's skin.... and glowing joy. That is all.

• Love 2

Can we talk about how awful that lip reading segment was? I just remembered it, likely because I was trying so hard to forget it. 

Awful, yes, stupid, most definitely, but apparently so much more essential to the show than a tiny little tribute segment to Len would have been.[/sarcasm]

• Love 8

So, whose turn will it be next season?  Or are they through with catering to certain pros?

I see Sharna getting a contender next year, which I'm ok with. I really liked her this season and she seems less MeMeMe than a lot of them. 

I love Tom, but he introduced Julianne and Derek as "Haff" I rewound and heard it twice and giggled. Just me?

I laughed at that too. The Houghs have been looming large over this show for years now, so it struck me extra funny.

However, Sia chose her profession and should stick to studio work imo. Odd to me that there's  the stupid thing on her head and face while her boobs were out.

Yeah, that looked off to me too. No face, but boobs hanging almost completely out...okay then. 

What's the name of the young, dark-haired troupe dancer who made sure he got in every shot tonight? At first it was annoying, and then it got funny. What a tool.

That guy was setting a gold standard for camera mugging, he managed to be directly in between Erin/dancers or between dancer/pro in every shot. I was searching my brain to figure out if he had been on this season and I'd just forgotten (like I'd mercifully forgotten the truly annoying Charlotte until last night).

I was pulling for Riker but am fine with Rumer winning. She was an excellent dancer and seemed to desperately want to win, so good for her.

I felt a little bad for Riker after the judges basically handed the win to Rumer. It would have been uncomfortable to win AFTER the head judge declared it a travesty if his competitor didn't win.  

• Love 2

Wow, that Charlotte chick is even more super annoying than I remember.

I just can't stand Allison's dancing.

I like Redfoo. There, I said it. That Juicy Wiggle "song" and dance remind of Psy and that dance - whatever it was..... and the "What Does the Fox Say." Iow, it's meant to be silly.

Miss Patti looked wonderful. She's awesome all the way around imo.

This is random, but can we retire that move where they put their thumbs in the imaginary beltloops and alternate shoulders up and down? It rivals  the flexed foot bicycle move for annoying for me.

Charlotte is annoying.  That segment where she kept asking if it was real only goes to show that Bruno was not off base in his comment about her.  The girl comes across as a dim bulb.  And why was she a waitress in Patti's club dance?  

Allison's dance style is not pleasant to watch for me.  I hope that she will not return to the show.

• Love 5
(edited)

Can we talk about how awful that lip reading segment was? I just remembered it, likely because I was trying so hard to forget it.

*GROAN* I forgot about that segment. Now that I remember it, I find it extra annoying that they wasted that time on lame "lip reading" jokes when they could have used it to celebrate and send off Len. 

edit: Or... what MakeMeLaugh said. Timing!  :)

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2

I know that social anxiety is a real thing and can be tragic for those who have it. However, Sia chose her profession and should stick to studio work imo. Odd to me that there's  the stupid thing on her head and face while her boobs were out. Incongruent (for me.) Also, I'm tired of domestic violence as a "dance theme. "

Yes, the woman won't show her face, but has her boobs on display for the world.  Makes no sense.  It was creepy having her up in the background while the Hough's were beating the crap out of each other.  This show needs to re-think the domestic violence "dances."  And they need to re-think having "Sia" perform ever again.

• Love 3

Val looked relieved at the announcement.

Riker will have a career arc like Zendaya, we will see him sans band doing all sorts of hosting and acting.

He is Dick Van Dyke-ish with long gangly limbs and comedic  flair.

Hope producers see his potential and get him work in music theater and the like.

Can see Rumer doing Pussycat Dolls type of roles.

Demi looked envious and parent proud all mashed together.

• Love 1

We've been talking about him all season long! He's been that way in almost every dance. We call him "Over-the-top Guy." And yes - it was annoying. There was one group dance he was in with a celebrity a few weeks ago when we really noticed him. He was trying desperately to pull focus every chance he got. He is like Mark Ballas X10.

• Love 1