Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Boy With the Dragon Tattoo

Also, where do women dress in such goofy outfits in corporate America? I work in a setting that is not in NYC, nor is it a corporation, and no woman who is in her 20's dresses so silly and childish like Liza.

While the dress code in publishing is not as strict as in other fields I still agree with you.  They dress like they're going out, not going to work.  Then again, the wardrobe stylist for this show is Patricia Field, who also styled the women on "Sex and the City".  i never thought what she put them in was very representative of what women wear in NY.  I also don't think she has a feel for what women wear to work.  I also think she's going out of her way to put Sutton in clothes that make her look younger and in a lot of cases it doesn't succeed in making her look younger, just more childish.

• Love 2

If Liza is only 40, she had Kaitlyn at 23, so in the show, she was tackling a professional career in Manhattan and new motherhood simultaneously and at a very young age. And from the first ep, I think they stated she was a junior editor when she left her old job. All possible but highly unlikely. If she was 45 it would be a bit more believable.

I'm going to fanwank that Liza's ex was going through dentistry school and agreed to take primary care of Kaitlyn while Liza pursued her career. He was stable at that point and had yet gone through his gambling addiction. Then he graduated, and Liza basically decided that she would take a few years off to help with raising Kaitlyn while her ex established his practice. But those years turned into over a decade once her ex started deteriorating. That is the only way I can have this make sense.

Although honestly, I really don't think anybody did the math in the pilot about Liza's age, her daugther's age, and how exactly Liza pulled off being a junior editor at 26 while simultaneously having a toddler daughter. Kaitlyn really should have been about 13 and off at boarding school, not being an exchange student for her senior year. But then that would have made Liza look like a shitty mother for having her young adolescent daughter off at boarding school while she did shots with her cute Tigerbeat boyfriend, so they decided to make Kaitlyn almost done with high school.

• Love 1

Since Josh and Liza only hadn't seen each other for a day, and he supposedly got that new tat in that one day timeframe...no way would it have looked so clean and healed.  

I'm not really sure where they were going with Lauren's dad...yikes!

Agree about LIza and what age she looks.  I get why the show puts her in those clothes - because actual professional clothes would "age" her to her actual age...or that would be the thought, I guess.  For me, the pink color lipstick they use on her is awful.