Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Duggars' Guide to Love/10.21:Digging In With the Duggars

Derrik had his wisdom teeth removed and his lower jaw surgically moved back. His teeth would not align properly after the braces. So that is a pretty yucky recovery. Hard to say why his mom didn't have his and Dan's teeth fixed. I  would think his deceased dad would have had life insurance and a pension. Some people don't place much emphasis on straight teeth.

I thought the interview was great. We got a good glimpse of the Duggar family. I agree Jill was off, and not her usual self. And yes, how Michelle carried Israel was strange.

I did not pick up on any animosity or side eyes. I thought Josh has grown up quite a bit.

I do agree that Josie was upset by that clip and there was no reason to show it. I loved her singing.

• Love 4

I wonder if Derrick got his wisdom teeth removed. Or if possibly he had to have his jaw broken in regards to having to have braces placed. One of my friends had to do that, she couldn't afford braces until she was 25 and had to have jaw surgery to bring the lower jaw forward. We were able to avoid dental surgery with our younger son by having braces placed at age 11, then taken off after 3 years and placed again for 18 months after he and his jaw grew during the 2 1/2 year break. 

I agree that it was highly inappropriate to show Josie her birth and tell her that her mother almost died giving birth to her. And this makes the question the Duggar's beliefs on pro-life, honestly. If Michelle was at high risk of a stroke, which is why they had to deliver Josie early at 24 weeks, would they have made the same choice if Josie was only 18 weeks and had no chance of survival? When Michelle was preaching afterward about Josie's birth that she fully intended to get pregnant again, even if it killed her (in so many words), then why didn't they just wait in the first place and let God decide if Michelle lived or died during the pregnancy?  I know this sounds really horrible, but I don't understand how they decided to deliver Josie early if Michelle claimed she would continue to have babies even if she died as a result. 

• Love 8

I didn't watch the first episode after about five minutes in. I thought it was refreshing that a lot of people they interviewed didn't agree with what the Duggars do in terms of courtship, which kind of felt like TLC's way of acknolwedging that what they do is weird. However, I really couldn't bother watching the Duggars be high and mighty about how their way of dating is the best way. Not to mention we have SEEN these courtships OVER AND OVER again. It's like beating a dead horse.

As for JB talking about sex with Mechelle all the time.... I come from a very conservative family, where my parents expected me to wait to have sex until I was married. At the same time, my parents were not rubbing their sex life in my face throughout adolescence. I think about that interview Jill gave where she basically admits to being a horny, boy-crazed teenager and then I see how JB talks in front of all of his kids and I'm like, "No wonder your kids just want to marry to have sex whenever they want!" I think it's great that they claim to have a healthy sex life, but when you make it so wrong for any of your kids to have a sex drive just because they're not married, and you claim that to be sinful.... it's just not healthy.

I've also felt that every time Jill talks about being a mom, it's just.... weird. Like, immature-weird. She can't say more than how "awesome" it is to be a mom and how she can't believe this is "her kid." Like, you have no other feelings about it, besides the fact that this is the first of 15 kids you've taken care of that's actually yours? I've never had a kid of my own so I don't even know how I'd react, but her reaction and comments just seem different than the people's reactions and comments I see in other places.

• Love 4

My guess is that those questions are off limits. The Duggars likely won't agree to be interviewed if questions like that are included. I suspect that what types of questions (and possibly what specific questions) can be asked are agreed upon ahead of time.

I wonder if the interviewing party could get around this by asking "Why were you only willing to do this interview if you could hand-pick the questions?" Maybe it wouldn't get on the air, maybe the Duggars would walk out etc. But it would be great to see the dropped-jaw look on that Hee-Haw face of Boob's...

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree that it was highly inappropriate to show Josie her birth and tell her that her mother almost died giving birth to her. And this makes the question the Duggar's beliefs on pro-life, honestly. If Michelle was at high risk of a stroke, which is why they had to deliver Josie early at 24 weeks, would they have made the same choice if Josie was only 18 weeks and had no chance of survival? When Michelle was preaching afterward about Josie's birth that she fully intended to get pregnant again, even if it killed her (in so many words), then why didn't they just wait in the first place and let God decide if Michelle lived or died during the pregnancy?  I know this sounds really horrible, but I don't understand how they decided to deliver Josie early if Michelle claimed she would continue to have babies even if she died as a result. 

I also wonder about this. Their logic is so convoluted it's difficult to call it logic at all. Me-chelle claims to be willing to sacrifice her life to give birth to a healthy child. Then why did they give the go-ahead to the doctors to deliver Josie so early? Why not wait to see what God had in store? I would have been very interested to see what would have happened if the pre-eclampsia had developed at 18 weeks, 20 weeks? There are pregnant mothers with cancer who actually forego treatment because they are determined to give their babies as healthy a start as they can. I think Me-chelle is all talk - all drama - all her - and NO action.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 14

Jill seems oddly detached from her son. Maybe it's just me...

The only way I can explain it is that she already has such extensive experience with babies and raising her siblings ("buddy team").  It has to be surreal to have a baby of her own now.  When Jana is finally unleashed and permitted to marry, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she never wanted to have kids, nor would I blame her.  The older girls are seasoned mothers before they even have their first kiss.  It sucks.

• Love 11

For Jill, Baby Iz is really her fourth kid, not her first. She did most of the parenting for Joy and James and she single-handedly raised Jenny. I think that's why we don't see the gushy, wide-eyed wonderment that most first time moms display with their infants. She's already been there, done that.

• Love 8

I kind of understand Jill's "surreal" comment. I remember on my last night in the hospital, they brought my daughter in to nurse. My husband had gone home to sleep, so it was the first time I had been alone with her and also the first time she was awake and alert. I remember looking at her and having this thought of "this is my daughter. I'm her mom" and feeling all the joy and weight of that in a moment.

However, Jill does seem kind of detached too- she didn't seem like a doting first time mom when she talked about him, and she also seemed to be holding him kind of oddly.

The focus on Josie this interview was annoying. I thought it was funny that James looked completely over it in the background. Also loved that Jason stopped short of saying chaperoning was fun because it got him out of the house.

I thought Jana and Jinger had interesting reactions to Josh 's comments about another courtship. Seems like there's something going on, either with one of them or with Joseph or John.

• Love 2
I thought Jana and Jinger had interesting reactions to Josh 's comments about another courtship. Seems like there's something going on, either with one of them or with Joseph or John

I caught those reactions as well.  They--especially Jana, were shooting daggers at Josh! I suppose it's a lot of pressure from the public and fans to expect that either of them, especially Jana as she's the oldest, to find themselves a spouse and start popping out 19 kids.  I bet Josh says annoying and know-it-all shit all time. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I kind of understand Jill's "surreal" comment. I remember on my last night in the hospital, they brought my daughter in to nurse. My husband had gone home to sleep, so it was the first time I had been alone with her and also the first time she was awake and alert. I remember looking at her and having this thought of "this is my daughter. I'm her mom" and feeling all the joy and weight of that in a moment.

However, Jill does seem kind of detached too- she didn't seem like a doting first time mom when she talked about him, and she also seemed to be holding him kind of oddly.

The focus on Josie this interview was annoying. I thought it was funny that James looked completely over it in the background. Also loved that Jason stopped short of saying chaperoning was fun because it got him out of the house.

I thought Jana and Jinger had interesting reactions to Josh 's comments about another courtship. Seems like there's something going on, either with one of them or with Joseph or John.

Jana, John-David, Jinger and Joe are moving into an apartment together.  Producers have decided the public wants to see something different in a spinoff.  So they are setting up a half hour TLC sitcom "Singles of Arkansas".  The decided not one wants a spinoff Of Jim Bob 2.0 aka Jill.  Just kidding or perhaps wishful thinking.

It's 'bleeped' not 'beeped,' Anna. But I have to give her credit. Girlfriend has some spunk and I like it.

I think Anna has totally quit caring what the in-laws think.  If Josh can give it back to them so can she.  Seriously most of the older kids have gotten a hell of a lot sassier in the past year or so.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 6

I don't think it's that unusual for a new mom to take a little while to form a bond with her baby. You'd think after carrying them for 9 months, the anticipation, etc, that you'd see them and just be over-the-moon in love...and you are, but between postpartum hormones, feeling like a milk machine, and getting zero reciprocation back from this tiny little demanding creature for at least the first few weeks, it can make it hard to really feel connected. For me, with my first, I loved him but I didn't feel truly in love/bonded with him until he started smiling around 6 weeks. Then it was like...okay, you are a real little human capable of showing love and not just screaming in my face because the milk isn't coming out of my boobs fast enough for you. lol   Having a baby is such a huge life adjustment and while Jill certainly had a lot of caregiving experience with her sibling, it's just not the same. I'm sure the adjustment of a demanding infant on a still new-ish marriage combined with the postpartum hormones, sleep deprivation, and probably some disappointment in how her birth experience went has taken a toll on her. She just probably would never admit it, though. It usually gets better for most women who go through it around the 2 or 3-month mark once you get out of the newborn stage a bit, but hopefully Derrick and others around her check on her to make sure there isn't more going on like postpartum depression or anxiety.

• Love 11

Jill's probably like "OMFG, this kid is so heavy and he's not even two months old yet!"

• Love 6

It's unfortunate that they scheduled so much of Derick's dental work right around Izzy's birth. That doesn't make much sense to me. I suppose if you plan to be pregnant or having a baby constantly, though, when IS a good time?

• Love 2

Josh and Anna seem so over this whole thing and her parents. Seems like they took every opportunity they could to talk back. Everything from Josh saying "TMI pops" when JB once again mentioned they're trying to Anna saying "they were a lot more strict when we were courting." Though some things never change -- Josh just HAD to point out his sisters' flaws by singling out Jana and Jinger for courtship news.

Michelle carried that kid as if she's never held a kid before.

• Love 4

It's unfortunate that they scheduled so much of Derick's dental work right around Izzy's birth. That doesn't make much sense to me. I suppose if you plan to be pregnant or having a baby constantly, though, when IS a good time?

I'm just guessing, but he was probably off of work for leave at that time and figured he'd get it done while Jill was still getting a ton of help from family. Or maybe they just both wanted to be in pain at the same time - who knows - but I could see how the timing might make sense.

• Love 2

I've also felt that every time Jill talks about being a mom, it's just.... weird. Like, immature-weird. She can't say more than how "awesome" it is to be a mom and how she can't believe this is "her kid." Like, you have no other feelings about it, besides the fact that this is the first of 15 kids you've taken care of that's actually yours? I've never had a kid of my own so I don't even know how I'd react, but her reaction and comments just seem different than the people's reactions and comments I see in other places.

Agree, but then again Jill only has her own mother's example to go on. And Me-chelle often seems to say the correct words for a situation, but without any real conviction. She says the right things, she just doesn't come off as believing them...

• Love 4

I'm just guessing, but he was probably off of work for leave at that time and figured he'd get it done while Jill was still getting a ton of help from family. Or maybe they just both wanted to be in pain at the same time - who knows - but I could see how the timing might make sense.

Actually, they claimed that Derick returned to work either the same week or the week before, which I found really strange, but then he probably has taken off since Izzy's due date, so he did have a solid 4-5 weeks off BEFORE his surgery. I'm perplexed as to why he didn't just tack this surgery onto his family leave? With the TLC checks, I doubt losing another week of unpaid leave would make that much of a difference.

• Love 2

She didn't have the labor and delivery experience she planned for, which could be a psychological stuck point for her -- one that becomes a barrier between bonding with the infant.
  • Love 3

These people are unbelievable. They have 19 children. They have traveled all over the country, and all over the world. They have had opportunities that most people can only dream about, and yet, apparently nothing interesting ever happens in their lives. They are still telling the thirty year old story of J'chelle in her bathing suit. Still re-hashing the birth of Josie. The only things that they ever seem to do together as a family, are outings orchestrated by TLC.

i could take one flight to visit my family for a week and have more interesting stories than they seem to be able to come up with to represent their entire lives -- all 19 of them don't even make one interesting person.

• Love 19
(edited)

Jill's detachment is a whole lot like Michelle's. They're more into being "Mom" than actually mothering their kids. Instead of not seeing the forest for the trees, they're not seeing the baby for the diapers, breastfeeding, counting blessings, wearing slings, counting down due dates, etc. I'm not saying Jill doesn't love her baby, but for people who are so 'family oriented,' Michelle and Jill see babies as objects that let them be "Mom."

I just wish they'd cherish their children as people with personalities, instead of objects in a race to fill quivers, or members of an army to train with character qualities.

Same goes for Priscilla trying to be The Perfect Christian Wife, instead of the person who loves and married TFDW.

Jana was definitely side-eyeing Josh. Totally speculating, but I wonder if she's resenting him only wanting her around when they need childcare, or because he escaped and she didn't, or if he's cock-blocked some potential suitors on behalf of Jimbob.

Jessa was flat out stink-eyeing Anna. I wonder if she wants an M name for herself, but somehow thinks she can't have one if Anna does. People get bizarre with baby names. With 19 siblings, there's bound to be a repeat or two, so name your kid whatever you please.

Oh and I agree that Jimbob LOVES all the retelling of Michelle's Bikini Lawnmower Service. She seemed kind of tolerant but over it, but he loves it. I will once again use this opportunity to express my firm belief - wait, it was laid upon my heart - that Michelle would not have been so Modest Crazy if she had retained that bikini body, but after all those pregnancies, just not going to happen. (From my own personal experience, the women who are broken records about modesty are really insecure, no longer have that bikini body, or don't trust their husbands, but unlike the Duggars, as soon as they have a daughter who develops a cute teen body, they turn a blind eye to daisy dukes and bikinis to mow the lawn, especially if they're preacher's daughters).

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 6
(edited)

These people are unbelievable. They have 19 children. They have traveled all over the country, and all over the world. They have had opportunities that most people can only dream about, and yet, apparently nothing interesting ever happens in their lives. They are still telling the thirty year old story of J'chelle in her bathing suit. Still re-hashing the birth of Josie. The only things that they ever seem to do together as a family, are outings orchestrated by TLC.

i could take one flight to visit my family for a week and have more interesting stories than they seem to be able to come up with to represent their entire lives -- all 19 of them don't even make one interesting person.

"... all 19 of them don't even make one interesting person...."

I love this line. Internet winner of the month - and so far, leading for the year as well!

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 13

Derrik had his wisdom teeth removed and his lower jaw surgically moved back. His teeth would not align properly after the braces. So that is a pretty yucky recovery. Hard to say why his mom didn't have his and Dan's teeth fixed. I  would think his deceased dad would have had life insurance and a pension. Some people don't place much emphasis on straight teeth.

I thought the interview was great. We got a good glimpse of the Duggar family. I agree Jill was off, and not her usual self. And yes, how Michelle carried Israel was strange.

I did not pick up on any animosity or side eyes. I thought Josh has grown up quite a bit.

I do agree that Josie was upset by that clip and there was no reason to show it. I loved her singing.

I have to agree.  Although most of the answers were 'canned' and we had heard them before, I must give Michelle a pass on the bulimia stuff.  She was asked the question and answered it.  The way she carried Izzy was weird but maybe she ACTUALLY has a back problem?  I know a lot of people would like to pooh-pooh that idea.  I looked at the show again and didn't get any impression of snarky looks from Jessa or anyone else.  I don't know enough about music to tell if Josie has perfect pitch, but she has a very sweet voice.

(edited)

Why do their seasons end on such boring notes? All the wedding and baby hype and the finales are Q&A rehashes or Cousin Amy Goes to Nashville! Since they present altered timelines and reality as it is, why not save the big events for last?

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1

The way she carried Izzy was weird but maybe she ACTUALLY has a back problem?  I know a lot of people would like to pooh-pooh that idea. 

Her activities -- just off the top of my head, the sky diving, the water skiing, and her ability to carry Josie anywhere at any time -- make it very hard to buy that she has a back problem. Especially, perhaps, for people who do have them.

• Love 11
(edited)

I accidentally didn't record the second part and after reading the posts, I wanted to hear Josie singing. I skimmed through the thing I did tape, but she wasn't there. However, I did have it on play when John David said, "get'er done!" I hit forward before that clicked in my computer brain chip. did JD really just say that? Rewind: yep, he did. How did JD Ever cross paths with a saying made famous by Larry the Cable Guy???

And another thing, there was some long discussion about one of the little ones teeth (was that Jackson maybe?) being gnarly. Maybe because I watched that get'er done clip more than once and got a good view - I think this guy needs to pay some attention to HIS teeth!!!! Ew, ew and EW! Maybe the boys have decided to forego dental hygiene altogether rather than share a toothbrush.

ETA Anna has vastly improved with time, hasn't she? She looked not exactly "healthy" when he was proposing. Pale skin, kind of not shiny hair. She just looks healthy and happy now.

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 3

Jana was definitely side-eyeing Josh. Totally speculating, but I wonder if she's resenting him only wanting her around when they need childcare, or because he escaped and she didn't, or if he's cock-blocked some potential suitors on behalf of Jimbob.

Also speculating or she doesn't want or isn't ready to get married and start making about a baby a year for the next twenty years. Or she's resenting Josh for putting pressure on her to do something she doesn't want to.  I'm not convinced Jana necessarily wants to get married, even if that means escaping. If I were a Duggar girl, I would put off marriage for as long as possible. Yes Josh seems to want to not have as many kids as his parents, but then he isn't pregnant; his wife is. If I were Jana, and seeing Jill's troubling labor (Jana also a midwife probably understands very well how scary that was) and seeing all of Josie's health problems, (and yes I know many births go smooth and kids don't have health problems, but you never know what will be) I might not be eager about jumping into marriage and motherhood. I would have liked it if they had asked if any of the other adult "kids" had any plans like their brother Joseph.

It occurred to me I might not mind soft questions if they could come up with new soft questions. I did think asking if they were jealous of each other was a new one, but mostly it was a matter of routine.

"They have 19 children. They have traveled all over the country, and all over the world. They have had opportunities that most people can only dream about, and yet...  they are still telling the thirty year old story of J'chelle in her bathing suit."

I was laughing so hard at that line. Still am. 

It also proves my point that there are far more interesting soft questions. Jessa and Ben talking about Europe. Showing more footage of the family on their trips. Something. 

It seems to me and I could be wrong that this is by far the longest season of 19 kids and counting, but I'm speculating. Still it's what 20/21 episodes and some are half hours and some are full hours and some are two hours. Is it over already or what?

If I were a Duggar girl, I would put off marriage for as long as possible.

That's the only approved method for avoiding 20-25 years of nonstop pregnancy and breastfeeding in their world. I have been caring extensively for my mom with MS since I was 10, 21 years ago now. It has felt endless, and has been the majority of my life. At 31, I find myself well aware of my ticking biological clock, but the prospect of being saddled with responsibility for another 18 or more years is terrifying. I wonder if Jana feels the same.

Sorry, getting a bit off topic, so to get back to the episode, I thought having Erica Hill hosting was very random, like many of you. It seemed like it was an interview better suited for one of the morning programs like they've done before. As it is, this was material that longtime viewers were already bored to tears with. I so wish they would be willing to answer real questions. I wonder what happens if/when people approach them at book signings or in public to ask about Gothard.

• Love 4

The most entertaining part of the courtship rehash episode was the "man on the street" comments. I loved the good natured couple who said they held nothing back prior to marriage. It was such a candid breath of fresh air in the midst of the sanctimonious Duggar spiel about side hugs, defrauding, chaperones, etc., and it really did emphasize how out of the mainstream the Duggars are.

• Love 3

In the end, the Duggars are a very fearful people. They came to their particular religion through fear, follow it because of fear, and their practices are to ward off fear. That doesn't allow much opportunity to be interesting.

• Love 7

Her activities -- just off the top of my head, the sky diving, the water skiing, and her ability to carry Josie anywhere at any time -- make it very hard to buy that she has a back problem. Especially, perhaps, for people who do have them.

I see your point.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just watched for the first time. I actually found the Guide to Love unwatchable. I did sit through the Digging and can I just say WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE, MAKING JOSIE SIT THROUGH HER BIRTH STORY LIKE THAT? And Michelle's like, "There you are Josie! Isn't it so precious and sweet?" (or whatever approved adjectives she threw in) She's looking at this tiny, bloody mess... yeah, so precious. "Oh, and look, here's Momma almost dying because of you!" My God. Just appalling.

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 13
(edited)

Can you imagine her shock of that her fairy tale life was going to be all about came crashing down in a matter of months? You marry a man your not allowed to really know, the first night you have sex you get pregnant (speculation thrown in to prove a point) then you have an almost 10 lb baby....she expected a lot more admiration, attention etc just like her momma and didn't get it. Her whole world has prepared her for marriage and a baby and when she woke up the dream turned into a reality she is not ready to face. Jill seemed dead in the eyes. They all did. There is something so not right going on in that family right now. 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 9

Did anyone notice the clip of the upcoming season.  I couldn't tell exactly what was going on when they were talking to Jill and Derrick.  Wish I had watched it again but too lazy to go back through and find it.  It almost sounded as if something big was going on with them- perhaps moving?  It just reminded me of the Josh and Anna talk about moving.  I may have completely misunderstood what was going on.

If anyone caught it, I would love to know what was going on.

Digging In with the Duggars- 

MEchelle carrying IZ- I agree was totally ridiculous.  She didn't hold him like someone who loved her grand babies.  She seemed to want him as far away from her body as possible.

Josh is really looking older and more unhealthy in every episode I see.  I really think he needs a physical.  I thought it was so rude to mention the two sisters courting.  If they do enter into one, it's their freaking decision to announce it.  Otherwise, I guess he is trying to shame them for not being in one.

Boob really gets off talking about MEchelle wearing that bikini.  I'll bet he thinks of that each time he's trying for number 20.

Jill did seem weird and Anna seemed strange as well.  That outfit did not look good on her. 

Jill seemed to sit at a weird distance from Ben and I didn't notice any interaction with she and Jessa.  It just felt strange.  And that host thanking Jill for coming four weeks after a c-section.  Geez lady, she was in Texas two weeks after.

The Josie thing was just exploitive again.  She looked as if she wanted to cry and as if she was trying to whisper something to her birth parents.  She gets to sing and get so much attention and poor Jordyn is completely ignored as usual. 

• Love 4

If Jana is not getting married because she doesn't want to, I have to give her major props for standing her ground. Josh appears to love his family, but he also seems overwhelmed and slightly miserable - like he was towing the line and doing what was expected, but he's trapped and miserable. 

He can slow his roll, still trust God with the size of his family, but not actively try to have more (which is trusting your ovulation cycle, not God, IMO).

You'd think any one who is miserable in a lifestyle would have some compassion toward siblings and not pressure them to do anything they didn't want to do, but Josh is a smug ass. He git it from his Papa.

I would love to see Jana leave and take Show Pony Josie with her. They truly are exploiting that child. She seems terrified quite often.

Last - Dear JimBob - DO YOU THINK WE'RE STUPID OR ARE YOU STUPID AND DELUSIONAL. Stop saying 'you're still trying" to have more. It's insulting to Michelle and it's insulting to us. Are you lying to us or do you not understand menopause and how close both Michelle and Josie came to dying 5 years ago, besides the last miscarriage? You have 19 kids, 16 still at home. You don't need more. You're married. In the eyes of God, according to the Bible, it's ok for you to enjoy sex for pleasure. You don't have to use procreation as an excuse to have sex with your wife. You're gross. STOP IT. 

• Love 6

I noticed Jenny has an ongoing interest in the sound engineering. We've seen her show this a couple of times, like when she was using the dust mop as a toy boom mike, and on the crew show, and now on this show when she was standing by the sound board, very engaged with it. Maybe my little namesake has a career in front of her. I think she's one of the brighter kids, not that I'm prejudiced in favor of the Jennys of the world. :-)

• Love 7
You'd think any one who is miserable in a lifestyle would have some compassion toward siblings and not pressure them to do anything they didn't want to do, but Josh is a smug ass. He git it from his Papa.

Ohhh after today's big revelations I think it's safe to say that ship has sailed when it comes to compassion toward his siblings. He has none, at least not for the girls.

• Love 3

I noticed Jenny has an ongoing interest in the sound engineering. We've seen her show this a couple of times, like when she was using the dust mop as a toy boom mike, and on the crew show, and now on this show when she was standing by the sound board, very engaged with it. Maybe my little namesake has a career in front of her. I think she's one of the brighter kids, not that I'm prejudiced in favor of the Jennys of the world. :-)

Not to mention she's gorgeous. With her looks, brains and disdain for her family, that kid could go the distance.

• Love 5
(edited)

Did anyone else notice Josie sitting on the floor on what looked to be a red bathmat during most of the interview? Was it just a pattern on the carpeting?

Edited by MarysWetBar

I just rewatched the interview show through the new lens that we now have. When Jill came out the family seemed very tense. I wonder if Derrick decided that him and his family weren't going to go along with the cover up. They seemed afraid of what Jill would say. Every single one of them had a concerned look on their face. Michelle had a pasted fake smile on her face. Anna looked scared to death. It was very strange.

Could have been Derricks family and not Bens...in that case, Jill was torn between her hubby and her father.

I also think Anna's crying takes on a new meaning with the truth finally coming out. I think she genuinely cares for and likes being a member of the Duggar family. There's no way things will ever be the same now that the entire clan knows Josh molested four of their sisters. People are going to take sides and despite the Fundie patriarch mumbo jumbo, the younger kids have closer bonds with the J'slaves than they do with Josh. Despite what Anna claimed I don't think she knew the full extent of what happened until recently. This has to be a devastating blow for her.

• Love 12