Type keyword(s) to search

The Michael "Sonny" Corinthos Non-Appreciation Thread

• Start Topic

John Beradino played Steve Hardy, but yeah I am pretty sure both there is a lot of spinning. I think it is a combo of MB be incredibly good with back stage politics, his performances in the 90s and that moron Guza hard on for Jason and all things mobular. 

I'm not Catholic, so I'm not sure how the whole ex-communication thing works.   Is Sonny not allowed into the church and the chapel in the hospital?  Would Father Coates have to kick him out if he showed up?

• Love 1

I want this written in. Like, I need AJ alive now to tell Sonny "you're not even allowed in the church!" I'll have to settle for Franco.

Who are the remaining members of the I Hate Sonny Club in PC?

Franco

Dante

Olivia

Ava

I don't think that Dante and Olivia will be in that club forever and how long will it be before Ava bangs him. We could add Derek and Puke though.

I'm not Catholic, so I'm not sure how the whole ex-communication thing works.   Is Sonny not allowed into the church and the chapel in the hospital?  Would Father Coates have to kick him out if he showed up?

No, he can go to church, but he cannot take communion, nor would he be allowed last rites

• Love 2

No, he can go to church, but he cannot take communion, nor would he be allowed last rites

Ah, what a nice, Sunday dream to have.....Sonny needing the Last Rites.  How great it would be to see the tanning lotion leaking out of Orange Glow, his face fading to its natural pasty pasta with a hint of pesto, Olivia pulling the priest's hand away from the forehead of the damned lil' moobster while Sonny faintly tries to break at least a little more barware before he exits stage left.....and then of course Carly would swoop in, gather him up in her manhands, nestle him in her huge bosom and give him her version of the last rites.  

If only...

• Love 3

Another big reason as to why I hate Sonny goes back to the time that Michael killed Claudia. Maxie was doing something outdoorsey at Kate's house which was next door to Sonny's when she saw Sonny's car drive up to his gate. Maxie saw Michael got out of the car to open the gate when they claimed that he was elsewhere. Maxie could have destroyed Michael's alibi. After that I remember Sonny and Jason discussing the best way to put a hit on her. Spin, I believe, encouraged Maxie to perjure herself to save her life. I hated how casual Sonny was about taking a life of a young woman to save his and his son's asses.

• Love 2

Does Sonny really think he can get way with killing Ava when he has given her 9 months warning?

I think the horror for Sonny will be, from his POV, that in waiting too long and not killing her right away, someone else kills her.  And that someone is Michael when he finds out the truth.  

This is the exact reason I am on the barge. I can never watch Sonny win, and he never loses.I can't say what I want about carley anymore but she is all the things I am thinking. Wonder why the judge sent Michael to jail? His name is Corintous.

Does anyone know if Sonny/MB is really going to take a break in the near future?  With Ava not even being in her final trimester, and the Alex/Julian not filming this past month, combined with an influx of Jordan activity - it doesn't seem likely.

Bryan Craig has become one of the best things on this show.

My admiration began during the wedding reception and it just grows. I can't hate a dude who hates Sonny.

Oh, I can hate a dude who hates Sonny. Fluke. AJ. Julian. I have enough room in my heart for all the hate! :) (Although, regarding Julian, let me paraphrase a quote of Sideshow Bob's . . . "if it isn't my archnemesis Fluke! . . . and his friend Julian to whom I am merely indifferent.")

• Love 3

It's like every Sonny enemy must be neutered. So Morgan is awesome because he's doing the greatest thing one can do- ignoring him. Sonny is at his core an insecure, weak bully with no sense of self worth. He spots women with emotional or self esteem issues and preys upon it and calls it love. He even does it to his kids. So everytime Morgan is whatevs to Sonny I'm like Good for you! Good for you, Glen Coco!

• Love 3

What I'm really hoping is that Sonny will at some point hook up with Nina.  Because Sonny has to get a crack at all the fresh new flesh on the show.  And they'll magically fall in love and I can fast forward the both of them.  Forever.

• Love 4

As for Sonny's claim that he's a good mobster 'cause he doesn't run drugs, and is only "importing coffee":

The only reason for a fictional mobster to ship coffee around all the live long day is because the coffee grounds mask the smell of the drugs in the shipments from drug-searching dogs.

At least that's what Beverly Hills Cop taught me as a child.

Therefore, I've decided Sonny is 100% running drugs.

• Love 6

I believe running guns has been mentioned but coffee comes from Columbia (mostly) Columbia's other major export? Drugs. Not terribly hard to connect those dots, unless you live in PC.

Hell, in PC no one can figure out what Ava Jerome's initials are!

• Love 5

I don't get why all of Sonny's enemies come up with these elaborate schemes. He's a short man afraid of small spaces. Knock his ass down and lock him in a closet. Boom. You win. Like, his number one lackey can't hit a target, so you're totally home free. A good writer would have had tall AJ playing keep away from Sonny with his keys.

• Love 11

Ha ha! Well, '80s - '90s Anna would have figured all of this out a good long time ago, but the poor thing had to lose most of her brain cells for any of the crime stories to work in the last two years, so .... yeah.

Maybe Anna lost her brain cells by sleeping with Luke. I think that could happen because look what happened to Tracy.

• Love 4

Maybe Anna lost her brain cells by sleeping with Luke. I think that could happen because look what happened to Tracy.

I think I am losing mine watching this bull.We know FrankenRon have none left writing it.

• Love 1

Hanging around with Sonny's 50-year-old intern Duke the Dummy isn't helping Anna, either. She should go sleep with Robert - that might restore her!

I'm assuming that's what happened to Alexis, as well - poor girl banged Sonny and has never been quite the same since ...

• Love 3

Lol his lord and savior, Jasus Borg is coming back.

I can't wait for him to go apeshit when he learns his former bro killed his for real brother.

How much do you want to bet,he won't care.He always let Carley get away with everything she wanted so. Jason returns, the show will be Sonny has a hit man who can hit the broadside of a barn ,and Sam will not have a father.  He may forgive Julian because he saved Danny but , Sam will drink the kool aid. And return to the borg. Nothing will change. Sonny ruines everything but it won't matter.

Whenever I see Carly, Olivia, or Alexis defending/taking up for Sonny the first thing that flashes through my mind is: he almost killed your damn kid/s! Yet they all still worship at Sonny's feet, they even call him a good father, not just to other people but to his face! Yeah, he's a "good" father who has almost killed all his kids, I guess if he ever does kill one then he'll finally get upgraded to a "great" dad.

• Love 2

Hell, he's almost gotten all of them killed!  Carly, of course,was the famous bullet o'love, but Alexis was in the penthouse when Sorel, I think, blew it years ago.  Olivia was shot, standing near him, but she was more of an accident, by either Ava or Shawn.

• Love 2
Hell, he's almost gotten all of them killed!  Carly, of course,was the famous bullet o'love, but Alexis was in the penthouse when Sorel, I think, blew it years ago.  Olivia was shot, standing near him, but she was more of an accident, by either Ava or Shawn.

Well admittedly I might not have minded that so much, heh, though I never disliked Alexis enough to want her dead really, but Carly and Olivia? He would have been doing everyone a favour taking out those two morons.

But I guess it just all goes to show that it really is all about Sonny. Not even losing family members because of him is worth leaving his good graces, or bed, or car, unless it explodes and then you just wait around for a new one. And shooting his kids is just how he shows them how much he loves them, giving them forever scars to remember him by.

Is this thread just for hate or can we put fer realz thoughts in here? Well, anyway, I am going to put some of the latter about Sonny here.

So the spoiler

about Dante asking Sonny about Aztec jewels got me thinking that as a consequence Dante is gonna be all, oh I'm no longer mad at you for cheating on my mother because you helped save my wife! Thanks! You're the best!

So that in turn made me think, why, when the writers want to have Sonny do something that makes up for his actions - like, say, him getting a scratch on his arm from the bullet meant for Dante made up for everything he did at the charity ball that night, or him paying someone to fake being Mickey's sister for Morgan and Michael - do they have him do something that really doesn't mean anything? Like, it's not a big deal for Sonny to pay someone to impersonate someone at ALL. I don't get if the writers just don't get the difference between a real sacrifice, or if they're agreeing with us and saying, "yeah Sonny is so dumb he thinks this means something". He doesn't even have to leave the mob. He could lose all his money to save one of his kids or something or work his way back. Or hey, has anyone in daytime lost a limb before? He could like, lose his hand somehow saving Michael. Could you imagine how hard it would be for Sonny to jazzhand with a hook for a hand? Then I'd really feel sorry for Sonny! Okay probably not but it would be better than "aw poor Sonny can't tell anyone how he nobly paid some woman some cash to fake being someone."

• Love 2

If he had a hook for a hand, now imagine Friday's scenes in your head again.

Exactly. He'd have such a hard time pouring. Although he'd have an easier time breaking barware.

• Love 1

The Fridays or every day to look forward to is Sonny dead and buried . No way to bring him back. He has eaten this show for WAAAAY to long. He has gotten away with tooo much ,and a hook wouldn't be bad enough beheaded maybe .Michael beheaded his original mother .daddy is next. This time he could get a medal instead of jail time.

• Love 1

To those who watch Sons of Anarchy, I think that Gemma is Sonny with boobs. She like Sonny really never suffers for all the evil she has done. She even is responsible for the death of her son's father, just like Sonny.

• Love 1