Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Kromm

Behind the Scenes: Trivia and Other Gossip

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, rcc said:

I don't think Leah and Kevin "hated" each other. Leah has said that sometimes they got on each other's nerves on set but always made up. She has said she loves him and would work with him again. Now she has her wish and I'm looking forward to next season.

Kevin is an executive producer and if he hated Leah no way would he hire her for his new show.

I googled BTS gossip on King of Queens and the one article I found basically said that the BTS at Grey's couldn't top the BTS on King of Queens.  So that would be a lot of BTS drama.   It sounded like they were both strong personalities.

I don't know that he haters her.  Maybe time and distance mellowed whatever happened back then.  I would think that the ntwork might have pushed hard (like a condition of renewal) to get Remini in hopes of getting PR from her Scientology show with an added bonus of reuniting them and maybe picking up the lapsed portion of the audience that watched King of Queens.

I would also think that Leah leaving Scientology might be enough incentive to give working together a second chance because it removes a few likely circumstances that probably weren't supportive of a happy set.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, in her book, Leah mentions that she never tried to recruit anyone on the set or any other set. She just left it alone. I think the Church wanted her to but she wouldn't do it. She said Kevin is Catholic (unless I'm mis remembering) and she didn't try to mess with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Actually, in her book, Leah mentions that she never tried to recruit anyone on the set or any other set. She just left it alone. I think the Church wanted her to but she wouldn't do it. She said Kevin is Catholic (unless I'm mis remembering) and she didn't try to mess with that.

That isn't what I'm thinking of.  At a minimum, I would think the lack of personal and vacation time to relax required by studying Scientology couldn't have been good for stress levels and mood which would influenced relationships.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Production on the upcoming season of the ABC reality series was halted over the weekend over "allegations of misconduct" following DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios allegedly hooking up in the pool after the cast had been "drinking all day." 

Are we supposed to believe this sort of thing has not happened before?

Edited by ennui
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ennui said:

Are we supposed to believe this sort of thing has not happened before?

Come on. It's Bachelor in shitting Paradise. Are we seriously supposed to believe production was suspended because two contestants had sex, oral or otherwise, in the pool? If that's "misconduct," my trust in Fleiss has been shattered. ;-)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Come on. It's Bachelor in shitting Paradise. Are we seriously supposed to believe production was suspended because two contestants had sex, oral or otherwise, in the pool? If that's "misconduct," my trust in Fleiss has been shattered. ;-)

 

11 hours ago, ennui said:

Are we supposed to believe this sort of thing has not happened before?

It's not that they had sex, it's because one of the field producers felt that the woman (no idea what anybody's name is) was so drunk & out of it, that there was no way she could have given consent, so she filed a complaint. Basically she's calling rape.

EDITED: I refer to the field producer as a she, but from what I can tell, it isn't actually known if the producer is a male or female.

Edited by GaT
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I recall a statement made by a producer of Survivor once about when contestants got injured.  It basically said that any camera person who stopped filming to render aid would be fired.

I totally believe that the producers in this incident would have kept filming in this situation.  They set this situation up.  That is why all these reality shows provide abundant alcohol and little food.

Frankly, this has probably happened before and this is just the first time a producer reported it to the parent company and it didn't get squashed.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, NutMeg said:

I just saw something about in in Vanity Fair, here's the link: 

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/bachelor-in-paradise-production-suspended-corinne-demario

Very Unreal-like.

I'm confused. I don't watch any of these Batchelor shows, so I'm not exactly sure how they work, but isn't the premise that people will hook up & become a couple? I don't understand this part from the article:

Quote

Corinne has told her friends she has a boyfriend and wouldn't have done what she did—especially with cameras rolling—to jeopardize that relationship.

 If she has a boyfriend, what is she doing on the show to begin with?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, GaT said:

I'm confused. I don't watch any of these Batchelor shows, so I'm not exactly sure how they work, but isn't the premise that people will hook up & become a couple? I don't understand this part from the article:

 If she has a boyfriend, what is she doing on the show to begin with?

So this isn't The Bachelor or Bachelorette. This is Bachelor in Paradise where past contestants of either show come together to be on TV. There are eliminations but as soon as two people are kicked off, they add two new people to create drama. No one is expected to be a forever couple. (I'm pretty sure I have this right. I had to get an explanation from a friend who watches the show.) So it's very possible the woman in question has a boyfriend but wants her TV time and they had an understanding that she'd kiss or whatever but not actually have sex with anyone while there. Who knows? At this point the details are all still pretty vague but I tend to believe it has to be serious for them to shut down production like they did.

I do think that after this we will see a change in reality shows and free flowing booze.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, vibeology said:

I do think that after this we will see a change in reality shows and free flowing booze.

I doubt it.  Nothing changed when that guy got kicked off Big Brother for putting a knife to his shomance's throat and she was too black out drunk to remember and that went out over a live feed so they couldn't even cover up the footage.

That didn't cause them to start casting more mentally balanced people or tighten up on the booze.  Or any other show from taking it as a warning.

I do think Bachelor in Paradise is done, because they won't try to salvage their more tawdry summer show at risk to Bachelor/Bachelorette.  But Bachelor/Bachelorette will still let the booze flow and still cast "villains" and still  film hookups of people who have been drinking.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:
On 6/14/2017 at 11:38 AM, vibeology said:

I do think that after this we will see a change in reality shows and free flowing booze.

I doubt it. 

I agree.  Similar to the example you posted, a contestant was sexually assaulted during production of one of MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenges, and nothing changed.  She sued the production company for neglecting to intervene, and its defense was basically "she asked for it" ("Plaintiff failed to avoid the injuries of which she complains" by being drunk, flirting, and exposing her body to other contestants).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Bastet said:

I agree.  Similar to the example you posted, a contestant was sexually assaulted during production of one of MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenges, and nothing changed.  She sued the production company for neglecting to intervene, and its defense was basically "she asked for it" ("Plaintiff failed to avoid the injuries of which she complains" by being drunk, flirting, and exposing her body to other contestants).

Found the comparison ... http://www.refinery29.com/2017/06/159155/bachelor-in-paradise-producers-tonya-cooley-rape-lawsuit  Viacom settled and it didn't go to court. However, the last paragraph is interesting -- it's all in the terms of the contract. So, going back to BiP, it would depend on the terms of the contract that Corinne Olympios signed as to whether she can file a lawsuit; again, it would probably be settled out of court.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ennui said:

Found the comparison ... http://www.refinery29.com/2017/06/159155/bachelor-in-paradise-producers-tonya-cooley-rape-lawsuit  Viacom settled and it didn't go to court. However, the last paragraph is interesting -- it's all in the terms of the contract. So, going back to BiP, it would depend on the terms of the contract that Corinne Olympios signed as to whether she can file a lawsuit; again, it would probably be settled out of court.

Since she's apparently blaming the producers & holding the guy blameless, I'm guessing she feels that the contract is written in her favor. I would never blame a victim of sexual assault for the assault happening, but the more I hear about this woman, let's just say the less I like her.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Bastet said:

I agree.  Similar to the example you posted, a contestant was sexually assaulted during production of one of MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenges, and nothing changed.  She sued the production company for neglecting to intervene, and its defense was basically "she asked for it" ("Plaintiff failed to avoid the injuries of which she complains" by being drunk, flirting, and exposing her body to other contestants).

2 hours ago, ennui said:

Found the comparison ... http://www.refinery29.com/2017/06/159155/bachelor-in-paradise-producers-tonya-cooley-rape-lawsuit  Viacom settled and it didn't go to court. However, the last paragraph is interesting -- it's all in the terms of the contract. So, going back to BiP, it would depend on the terms of the contract that Corinne Olympios signed as to whether she can file a lawsuit; again, it would probably be settled out of court.

 

Viacom likely settled with Tonya because she was making an argument that despite the employment waiver in the contract, Viacom exhibited such control over what Tonya could and couldn't do during filming that she was in essence an employee. When the judge allowed Tonya to make that argument in her civil suit, Viacom knew that they potentially put all of reality TV in danger and settled. If Tonya had won, we would have seen real changes.

 

Quote

The MTV contract stipulates that "I further agree that, if I am selected by Producer to be a participant, my appearance as a participant in the Program is not a performance and is not employment..." It goes onto grant "special employee" status "solely" for the purposes of workers' compensation statutes, but waives for producers "obligation or liability by reason of any such injury, illness, disability, or death." 

In the complaint, Cooley repeatedly states either the agreement she signed with MTV was an employment agreement or that her relationship with the network could be deemed as an employer/employee relationship by California labor code.

"The test for employment is--does the alleged employer have the right of control, whether exercised or not, over the alleged employee, both with respect to how the alleged employee performs whatever the services are as well as with respect to having the ability to have the employee perform other services while employed?"

http://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/allegedly-raped-real-world-mtv-tonya-cooley-254701

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I don't think you can have someone as an employee for some purposes and not an employee for others.   Otherwise, every company would have contracts like that.   The DoL is pretty strict on employee v. contractor v. something else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

Are people really clamoring for a third movie?  The reaction to the last one was so bad. Kim sounds like she just isn't here for it and they just refuse to hear her.  Kinda like the Olsen twins with the Full House reboot. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Are people really clamoring for a third movie?  The reaction to the last one was so bad. Kim sounds like she just isn't here for it and they just refuse to hear her.  Kinda like the Olsen twins with the Full House reboot. 

I can't even see why they would start talking about a third movie when she made it clear she was done. Or you know do it without her and avoid the drama. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know.  According to the article when Perez Hilton tweeted a suggestion killing her off, Kim retweeted it and even suggested a recast.  I don't see how she could have been any clearer.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Kim's "sexy cougar" bit was getting old anyway, so killing her off wouldn't bother me.  Or, if they want to send her off nicely, just have her being married to some European dude and living over there, and make a brief reference to it in the beginning of the movie.  End of her story.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, she was likeable enough I guess, but her sexy shtick did get old for me.  Actually, the only one I didn't like was Miranda.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, she was likeable enough I guess, but her sexy shtick did get old for me.  Actually, the only one I didn't like was Miranda.

By the end of the TV show, I loved Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha, but I loathed Carrie. Carrie is an unreasonable, lazy, selfish, entitled bitch by the end of the series. Now, I can add SJP to that list of people I can't stand from the show. She has played this whole thing completely wrong. She's let her surrogates denigrate Kim Cattrall because she wants to make career decisions that best suit herself.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/07/inside-the-mean-girls-culture-that-destroyed-sex-and-the-city/amp/

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

By the end of the TV show, I loved Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha, but I loathed Carrie. Carrie is an unreasonable, lazy, selfish, entitled bitch by the end of the series. Now, I can add SJP to that list of people I can't stand from the show. She has played this whole thing completely wrong. She's let her surrogates denigrate Kim Cattrall because she wants to make career decisions that best suit herself.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/07/inside-the-mean-girls-culture-that-destroyed-sex-and-the-city/amp/

Yes, well, that's your opinion.  My comments were just about the characters as portrayed on the show and Miranda happened to be the one I liked the least because she acted like her bartender husband was so lucky to have her and her lawyer self. 

I don't know, nor do I care, about any of the off the show shenanigans that went on.  

Forgot to add:  I never liked looking at Cynthia Nixon's (Miranda's) teeth either.  They looked nasty.  We used to call teeth like that "milk teeth."

Edited by Ohwell
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently there's been a ton of drama on the set of NCIS, involving a feud between Mark Harmon and Pauley Perrette. Honestly it sounds kind of stupid and petty? But Pauley is now saying that she's been assaulted multiple times on the set. She's tweeting some really bizarre things about being kept silent by the machine and protecting her cast and crew, and she's kind of implying that Mark Harmon threatened her.  I don't know what to think. Maybe NCIS has just run too long and they're just sick of each other? It was a pretty drama-free set for many years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

Apparently there's been a ton of drama on the set of NCIS, involving a feud between Mark Harmon and Pauley Perrette. Honestly it sounds kind of stupid and petty? But Pauley is now saying that she's been assaulted multiple times on the set. She's tweeting some really bizarre things about being kept silent by the machine and protecting her cast and crew, and she's kind of implying that Mark Harmon threatened her.  I don't know what to think. Maybe NCIS has just run too long and they're just sick of each other? It was a pretty drama-free set for many years.

It wasn't that drama free.  Harmon led a successful effort to oust showrunner and creator Bellisario in season 4.  That was widely publicized as Harmon leading the charge to support cast and crew to battle long working hours and rewrites and a generally messed up set. 

And I bought that version of events primarily because Bellisario's stepson (McGee) didn't quit in protest and Sasha Alexander (Kate) supposedly left because she couldn't take the TV grind.

But with new drama I start thinking about whether a man that was responsible for Magnum PI, Airwolf, Quantum Leap, Jag, and NCIS could really be that terrible at running a TV show.

And Harmon proving he can get rid of the show runner certainly proves who is number 1 on the call sheet and on the set.  That alone could make for the appearance of a drama free set because cast and crew might be leery of going against Harmon.

Perette may have reached a point where the show had gone long enough and she was no longer willing to put up with things she used to in order to continue on the show.

I don't like that she is making these statements on twitter and basically accusing Harmon (because who else can it be) without naming names.  But clearly something went on because Harmon and Perette wouldn't even film together and CBS issued this statement in response to her twitter

Quote

Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.

Clearly Perette wasn't satisfied and quit.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

But with new drama I start thinking about whether a man that was responsible for Magnum PI, Airwolf, Quantum Leap, Jag, and NCIS could really be that terrible at running a TV show.

It's possible. A lot of Bellisario's issues (late scripts, rewrites, demanding long hours from actors) sound like what the Palladinos had their actors go through on the set of Gilmore Girls. Amy Sherman-Palladino was a notorious perfectionist and hated actors improvising. She didn't want any actor input, full stop, and if the actor said the line wrong they'd do it again until they got it right. Also Amy's scripts were much longer (I think Lauren Graham once said about 60 pages longer) than a regular script for an hourlong drama due to the fast talking on Gilmore Girls. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

It's possible. A lot of Bellisario's issues (late scripts, rewrites, demanding long hours from actors) sound like what the Palladinos had their actors go through on the set of Gilmore Girls. Amy Sherman-Palladino was a notorious perfectionist and hated actors improvising. She didn't want any actor input, full stop, and if the actor said the line wrong they'd do it again until they got it right. Also Amy's scripts were much longer (I think Lauren Graham once said about 60 pages longer) than a regular script for an hourlong drama due to the fast talking on Gilmore Girls. 

But that kind of underlines my point.  Palladino had one "hit" show they worked on for six years.  Bellisario had at least 4 major shows that spanned 25 years.  It says something that Harmon got him removed when NCIS was 20th in the ratings.

That something may not be bad.  Certainly it worked for NCIS' ratings but its curious.

 

Perette seems to be backing off on her twitter accusations.  Her response to CBS statement

Quote

I want to thank my studio and network CBS They have always been so good to me and always had my back.

\

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think she should either name names or shut up. Hinting about things is ridiculous.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

43 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

But that kind of underlines my point.  Palladino had one "hit" show they worked on for six years.  Bellisario had at least 4 major shows that spanned 25 years.  It says something that Harmon got him removed when NCIS was 20th in the ratings.

It's possible there were issues on his previous series too. Or he had different producers who managed to keep things in line in a way that was missing on NCIS.  A mismanaged set isn't necessarily unusual and actors adjust. Sorkin was also known for it but he got away with it until the studio decided it was getting to be too expensive on an already expensive show.  But if he still managed to come under budget, he likely wouldn't have been pushed out.

And it probably came down to money for CBS too in that, if I recall correctly, Harmon was threatening to walk/not extend his contract if there wasn't a change in set management.  CBS decided his face as the lead was more important than the creator and for that show, they were probably correct. But you are right in that he was the one who had the power.  No one else on that set could have done what he did without just getting replaced.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

But that kind of underlines my point.  Palladino had one "hit" show they worked on for six years.  Bellisario had at least 4 major shows that spanned 25 years.  It says something that Harmon got him removed when NCIS was 20th in the ratings.

That something may not be bad.  Certainly it worked for NCIS' ratings but its curious.

I also found it curious when it happened--that everyone that had worked with Bellisario on his other shows, he managed to stay the show runner on all of them. But then I got the JAG complete series, David James Elliott, who likes and respects Bellisario, said that whenever he would come on set, it would get very tense. He was very...gruff...and demanding. And yes, Sasha Alexander also said she didn't realize how hard it would be doing this show; at that point, she'd just done pilots. And when Mark Harmon got him ousted, no one slammed him for it. Quite the opposite--because now the working hours, scripts, etc., were in the reasonable range.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's possible there were issues on his previous series too. Or he had different producers who managed to keep things in line in a way that was missing on NCIS.  A mismanaged set isn't necessarily unusual and actors adjust. Sorkin was also known for it but he got away with it until the studio decided it was getting to be too expensive on an already expensive show.  But if he still managed to come under budget, he likely wouldn't have been pushed out.

And it probably came down to money for CBS too in that, if I recall correctly, Harmon was threatening to walk/not extend his contract if there wasn't a change in set management.  CBS decided his face as the lead was more important than the creator and for that show, they were probably correct. But you are right in that he was the one who had the power.  No one else on that set could have done what he did without just getting replaced.

While there may have been tension on set, I doubt that Mark Harmon actually got Donald Bellisario fired. He had the reputation of being a tough task master who delivered so CBS knew what they were getting with him. Bellisario retired in 2007 at age 72 and has not worked at all since then. I find it more likely that he decided that after 40 years in the business he was too old for actor bullshit and the daily grind and was done. Maybe health factors played a role. It usually does when people retire suddenly. The fact that Sean Murray is still on the show suggests that it was not personal.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

It wasn't that drama free.  Harmon led a successful effort to oust showrunner and creator Bellisario in season 4.  That was widely publicized as Harmon leading the charge to support cast and crew to battle long working hours and rewrites and a generally messed up set. 

And I bought that version of events primarily because Bellisario's stepson (McGee) didn't quit in protest and Sasha Alexander (Kate) supposedly left because she couldn't take the TV grind.

But with new drama I start thinking about whether a man that was responsible for Magnum PI, Airwolf, Quantum Leap, Jag, and NCIS could really be that terrible at running a TV show.

And Harmon proving he can get rid of the show runner certainly proves who is number 1 on the call sheet and on the set.  That alone could make for the appearance of a drama free set because cast and crew might be leery of going against Harmon.

Perette may have reached a point where the show had gone long enough and she was no longer willing to put up with things she used to in order to continue on the show.

I don't like that she is making these statements on twitter and basically accusing Harmon (because who else can it be) without naming names.  But clearly something went on because Harmon and Perette wouldn't even film together and CBS issued this statement in response to her twitter

Clearly Perette wasn't satisfied and quit.  

Yeah. I don't watch NCIS (my Mom at least used to), but I saw the scene where Abby/Pauley said goodbye to Gibbs/Mark either online or somewhere else (without having to see the whole ep). They were physically so far apart (or looked it) in their goodbye scene, you'd have thought Gibbs was either under house arrest with an electronic monitor attached to his ankle, & a warning it would go off if he went much farther than that doorway he was standing in; or he couldn't leave where he was standing in his doorway, & Abby couldn't get any closer, because Gibbs was quarantined at home for some really bad communicable disease.

It made me think of what people said about Archie Panjabi & Julianna Margulies' last scene together in The Good Wife, which I didn't watch either (by the time that show ended, the actresses supposedly weren't getting along). Their last scene together was a phone call between their characters, apparently done with each actress' part filmed separately, I guess with a crew member reading the other actress' dialogue (or they at least filmed it in some way they don't normally film a phone call scene) & then they edited the parts together. I remember a lotta people saying that scene looked weird when it aired, like it had been done in pieces & edited together to make a whole.

That's what I thought about the last scene between Abby & Gibbs. I thought they looked like they were standing way too far apart for people who'd been friends & co-workers, & who always seemed to have a good relationship, for 15 years. To me, the only reason for all the distance between them was because Pauley & Mark filmed their halves of the scene separately, reacting to a crew member, something that was put in their sight line for them to react to, or maybe even nothing, & they needed all the blank space between them for editing reasons when they put the pieces together (only they still had too much blank space between them, in my opinion, in the scene as it aired).

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about Mark Harmon, but I also realize that sometimes, even if the rest of the world thinks you're the nicest person in the world, there either might be or will be that (at least) 1 person who you just don't gel with, & they don't gel with you, & maybe you're the only people who know that. I'm assuming Mark & Pauley had a good working relationship for at least some of the last 15 years (though I could be wrong). Maybe, over time, they just stopped gelling with each other (like married couples who love each other like crazy at first, then eventually grow apart... though Mark doesn't seem to have that problem in real life; his current, & only, marriage [to Pam Dawber from Mork & Mindy] has lasted somewhere between 25-30 years now, I think).

Anyway...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

It made me think of what people said about Archie Panjabi & Julianna Margulies' last scene together in The Good Wife, which I didn't watch either (by the time that show ended, the actresses supposedly weren't getting along). Their last scene together was a phone call between their characters, apparently done with each actress' part filmed separately, I guess with a crew member reading the other actress' dialogue (or they at least filmed it in some way they don't normally film a phone call scene) & then they edited the parts together. I remember a lotta people saying that scene looked weird when it aired, like it had been done in pieces & edited together to make a whole.

That isn't actually how their final scene went down.  For years, AP and JM didn't film together.  At best there might be a scene where they filmed a phone conversation separately.  Fans speculated for more than a year about what was going on. The show denied it repeatedly.  They decided to have the last scene as AP and JM in a bar together having a final drink/conversation.  They tried to pass it off as them filming it together.  I think the showrunners even hyped that scene ahead of time as promotion for the episode.  Then after it aired, the viewers proved that they hadn't filmed at the same time and they'd spliced the scene together.  The entertainment bloggers/reporters that the show runners lied to were pissed off and then it went from fan speculation to lots of articles about it.  I think TV Line did a whole article about the ways in which they were lied to.  I think they then claimed that AP had a scheduling conflict to which she put out something diplomatically saying that she didn't.

Quote

I'm assuming Mark & Pauley had a good working relationship for at least some of the last 15 years (though I could be wrong). Maybe, over time, they just stopped gelling with each other (like married couples who love each other like crazy at first, then eventually grow apart... though Mark doesn't seem to have that problem in real life; his current, & only, marriage [to Pam Dawber from Mork & Mindy] has lasted somewhere between 25-30 years now, I think).

Before all the tweeting started, the reports were that this all started with a dog.  Gossip is that Harmon has a pit bull that had previously bit a crew member.  At some later date, he didn't have someone to take care of the dog and brought it to work and kept it in his trailer despite the previous incident.  Perette objected.  Things went downhill from there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

FWIW, I happened to listen to a podcast interview this morning with Nell Scovell, who was a writer on NCIS for a short time.* She confirmed that Bellisario was a no-nonsense taskmaster and discussed one incident with Harmon when he asked her about possibly changing one of his lines because he believed it would be out of character. Scovell wouldn't budge and said Harmon went on to deliver the line as written, without trying to sabotage or jack it up like other actors might have.

She relayed the story as an example of her being inflexible as a writer, but it sounded like she at least respected Harmon for his civility and professionalism.

 

* She was promoting her new book: Just the Funny Parts: And a Few Hard Truths About Sneaking into the Hollywood Boys Club

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve started rewatching the The Good Wife. Seeing how close Alicia and Kalinda were during the first two seasons—getting drunk together in bars, sitting on Alicia’s bed sharing stories—it makes me sad to remember how bad things became between Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi. 

Did anyone ever learn the truth about why the actresses stopped getting along?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

There was some alluding to the fact that Julianna was an ass to work with from other actors on the show.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, pivot said:

There was some alluding to the fact that Julianna was an ass to work with from other actors on the show.

I gave up on watching the last few episodes of The Good Wife because I couldn't stand to see her face anymore. That along with the awful direction the whole show had been taking made me loose interest. I've told myself I'd go back and watch those last episodes but haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I want to start watching The Good Fight soon because I've been missing Diane and Lucca.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I won't watch any of the Good Fight bc the Good Wife got so bad, not only the plot but also the Kings inability to rein in Margulies and stop the squabble from affecting the show. 

TV shows ask viewers to invest a lot, and once I lose trust in showrunners it's pretty much it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cleo said:

I won't watch any of the Good Fight bc the Good Wife got so bad, not only the plot but also the Kings inability to rein in Margulies and stop the squabble from affecting the show. 

TV shows ask viewers to invest a lot, and once I lose trust in showrunners it's pretty much it.

But Miss Margulies isn't in the current show!  Why punish Miss Baranski over the earlier squabble?  Well, I suppose  we should thank Miss Punjabi for somehow having the class to keep whatever dirty laundry may have happened between her and Miss Margulies not only private but also avoiding IMO an uncalled for and tacky response (which Miss Margulies DID do). 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

@Blerghit has nothing to do with Baranski. It's the Kings. And it's not about punishment, it's about protecting my time.

Good Wife was their show and they allowed Margulies (imo) to dictate the plot in a significant way. The last couple of years were terrible, and some of it was the writing and some of it was due to Margulies influence. The Kings should have managed it better, that's their job. It was their show. So after investing a couple of years and how many hours in a tv show only to watch it turn to shit? No thanks, lots of other tv out there.

It's like I would never watch another Chris Carter show bc Carter is a terrible writer that cannot keep his own plots straight. It has nothing to do with David Duchovny and GA.

It also takes a lot for me to reach that point. There are only about 3 writers/showrunners that I will forever avoid bc of the way they destroyed their own shows and the Kings have the distinction of being one.

ETA I guess it's also that I'm still not over how TGW was turned to trash. I really loved that show. So you can call me unforgiving lol.

Edited by cleo
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

cleo,

 I somewhat see your point here. Well, FWIW, I've never heard of Miss Baranski being anything but a professional. Although, I've also never heard that the shows' producers learned their lesson via possibly letting one performer sink things. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, cleo said:

@Blerghit has nothing to do with Baranski. It's the Kings. And it's not about punishment, it's about protecting my time.

Good Wife was their show and they allowed Margulies (imo) to dictate the plot in a significant way. The last couple of years were terrible, and some of it was the writing and some of it was due to Margulies influence. The Kings should have managed it better, that's their job. It was their show. So after investing a couple of years and how many hours in a tv show only to watch it turn to shit? No thanks, lots of other tv out there.

I don't blame the Kings too much for the BTS dumpster fire that was The Good Wife.  Margulies was good friends with Les Moonves and Nina Tassler.  She is on record saying he was a great friend and mentor since the beginning of her career.  He was the one that brought her onto ER.  He was with her in all the pictures when she got her walk of fame star. He was instrumental in getting her a production deal at CBS.

I've listened to the Kings when they've given interviews about some stuff with TGW and honestly in some places they sounded like hostages.  I honestly believe, given what we now know of Les Moonves, that JM being able to call the shots was all because of her relationship with Moonves and they didn't dare push back.

  • Like 13
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, cleo said:

It's the Kings. And it's not about punishment, it's about protecting my time.

Good Wife was their show and they allowed Margulies (imo) to dictate the plot in a significant way. The last couple of years were terrible, and some of it was the writing and some of it was due to Margulies influence. The Kings should have managed it better, that's their job. It was their show. So after investing a couple of years and how many hours in a tv show only to watch it turn to shit? No thanks, lots of other tv out there.

It's like I would never watch another Chris Carter show bc Carter is a terrible writer that cannot keep his own plots straight. It has nothing to do with David Duchovny and GA.

I have the same problem with Ryan Murphy. And David E. Kelley. They have good ideas and come up with interesting characters, but their follow-through is terrible and I vowed to never watch another one of their shows ever again.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2017 at 1:59 PM, HunterHunted said:

By the end of the TV show, I loved Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha, but I loathed Carrie. Carrie is an unreasonable, lazy, selfish, entitled bitch by the end of the series. Now, I can add SJP to that list of people I can't stand from the show. She has played this whole thing completely wrong. She's let her surrogates denigrate Kim Cattrall because she wants to make career decisions that best suit herself.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/07/inside-the-mean-girls-culture-that-destroyed-sex-and-the-city/amp/

I'm reading this two years late, but oh my god, this explains so much.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm reading this two years late, but oh my god, this explains so much.

I missed that post, too. So thanks. 

Good for Kim: standing up for hers of and negotiating the salary she deserved. Sure, SJP was technically the star of the show, but Kim was a fan favorite and critical favorite. The show and movies wouldn’t be the same without her. 

This incident is telling: 

Quote

Page Six reported how, during an Atlantic City, NJ, location shoot, “Sarah Jessica rented a house for herself, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon. Kim was left out on her own.”

(An HBO spokesman said, “Kim stayed in a different house because she was married at the time, and her husband was supposed to come.”)

So if Kim’s husband didn’t come, why wouldn’t any of her co-workers say, ‘Hey, girl. Come stay with us. We’ll use this time to bond as a cast—the way the 3 of us are already doing.’

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, topanga said:

I missed that post, too. So thanks. 

Good for Kim: standing up for hers of and negotiating the salary she deserved. Sure, SJP was technically the star of the show, but Kim was a fan favorite and critical favorite. The show and movies wouldn’t be the same without her. 

This incident is telling: 

So if Kim’s husband didn’t come, why wouldn’t any of her co-workers say, ‘Hey, girl. Come stay with us. We’ll use this time to bond as a cast—the way the 3 of us are already doing.’

Who knows if they did or didn’t. Maybe she wanted to be alone. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Will & Grace: Megan Mullally to Miss Multiple Episodes of Final Season

Quote

TVLine has learned exclusively that Megan Mullally recently took a temporary leave of absence from the final, 18-episode season of Will & Grace that resulted in her missing two episodes as Karen. It’s not clear why Mullally took the time off, but her mini-departure comes amid rumors of friction on the set between her and co-star Debra Messing.

  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size