Type keyword(s) to search

Behind The Scenes: Trivia And Other Gossip

• Start Topic

So there's been a huge shakeup in a part of the business we don't discuss much--the representation (well, outside of how TV shows like Entourage represent them).

Industry leader CAA had a huge defection of 11 of their biggest agents, with many of their big clients of course, to (much smaller) rival UTA. A good deal of the comedy world represented in Hollywood in particular was affected.  The really shocking thing is apparently CAA was caught completely flatfooted on this--they had no clue at all.

Variety: The Great Escape: Inside the Mass Defection from CAA to UTA

The Hollywood Reporter: A Phone Call, "Betrayal" and How the "Midnight Raid" at CAA Happened

Variety: CAA Sues UTA, Two Former Agents in ‘Conspiracy’ to ‘Steal Clients and Employees’

Oh yeah the lawsuits are going to be flying.

It when things like this happen that I really miss Nikki Finke.   She would have had the low down on what went down in nothng flat.   And told us all in with plenty of snark to go around.

I don't get how this is possible.  They "live in a culture of fear of firing and pay cuts" but no one made them sign a non compete when they started their job?

I'll bet you cash money that any future hires start having to sign them.

It is weird that didn't exist before, but maybe they weren't as worried as one or two agents leaving (even if clients went with them), because I bet part of their OWN business strategy, even in the #1 position, was to constantly try and lure big successful agents from their own competitors.  Ergo, if they insisted on a non-compete clause, so would the other big agencies.  I mean it seems to me that it would be like a Cold War.  The first one to escalate to a non-compete clause would (and will) lead to all of the others doing the same.

• Love 2

It is weird that didn't exist before, but maybe they weren't as worried as one or two agents leaving (even if clients went with them), because I bet part of their OWN business strategy, even in the #1 position, was to constantly try and lure big successful agents from their own competitors.  Ergo, if they insisted on a non-compete clause, so would the other big agencies.

Or maybe they are just too specialized for non competes.  The only non competes I've ever heard of allowed you to work in your own field but not in direct competition for a period of time.  What would a talent agent do if they couldn't work for a competitor?  I wonder if it could be legally binding if it guaranteed unemployment.

Anyways, I wonder if CAA is going to try to maneuver to hurt the careers of UAT clients and specifically the clients that decided to go with the agents that left.  I  can see higher ups using an approach that they are vigorously supporting 'their' clients to veil and justify to themselves retribution against all parties to this.  The lawsuit is already demanding UAT not represent the clients that left during the trial.  Its a short walk to demanding people they rep blackballing certain parties.  I would think names big enough to be cited in articles are safe enough but I wouldn't bet on the career of anyone else.

(edited)

I don't get how this is possible.  They "live in a culture of fear of firing and pay cuts" but no one made them sign a non compete when they started their job?

I'm not a legal or HR expert but I do read some blogs related to HR/management and from what I recall reading, non-competes aren't enforceable in CA except under really specific circumstances.  I'm not sure if whatever these agents did as a job would fall under these specific circumstances where a non-compete is enforceable but this may be why they don't have agents sign one.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yes, California law is very restrictive when it comes to non-compete clauses.  The statutory rules are laid out in Business and Professions Code Sections 16600 to 16607. The only way I see a true non-compete in this situation being enforceable is if the agents who jumped shipped were actually equity partners in CAA, but given the reasons for these agents leaving (CAA being partially sold to an equity firm, without the junior agents benefiting), that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also, a few of the agents who jumped ship were still apparently under a term employment contract with CAA (LA Times article) that did not expire until, in one case, June 2016. There might be a way for CAA to enforce a de facto non-compete by forcing these agents to be on administrative leave (e.g., still technically employed by CAA and receiving their minimum salary, et cetera), until their contract expires, and thus unable to work for another agency. (This is just quick speculation.  I haven't found any specific authorities that would imply this to be valid in California.)

Edited by Just Here

I'm creating this because we've all seen videos or articles about celebrities and the little things they do to make one or more fans happy.  We've followed the Chris vs. Chris Superbowl challenge, we've seen RDJ present a young iron man fan with a new, iron man, prosthetic arm, Robin Williams has visiting the young fan who wanted to meet him through the Make a Wish Foundation, etc, etc. 

I'm creating a separate topic because these don't always fit in the threads created for their movies/tv shows and they're not always someone we have a crush on. 

So, with that, I'll start the thread with this:

Lucasfilm Approved This 7-Year-Old Boy’s Request To Become A Jedi And Still Get Married

You'll be tempted to just read it, but if you have 2 minutes, it's well worth it.  This kid says some of the cutest things in response to the letter and gifts. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 1

JK Rowling called Melissa and Emerson (the creaters of the two major HP sites) and invited them to have lunch with her or something like that. She is rumored to have called their houses, but who knows.

• Love 1

I dunno, I wouldn't want George Lucas as my landlord. If you were behind on your rent, you'd wake up one day with Darth Vader on your doorstep... or worse, Jar Jar Binks!

• Love 5

According to his wife's memoir, Samurai Widow, John Belushi befriended a hospitalized little girl named Marixa Lao and for a couple of episodes during the second season, he would come out during the goodnights wearing a sweater with a big letter M, hold it up and mouth "Hi Marixa!" and wink or blow her a kiss.  The hospital later told him that when she saw it, it made her whole night and bolstered her spirits for her treatment the next morning.

• Love 3

There was a shoe in the late 80s called TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes, hosted by Dick Clark and Ed McMahon. It was very much like Punk'd. My favorite was a prank played on Scott Bakula, of Quantum Leap. The setup is that Bakula is there to tape a promo for QL, which will be directed by a film student for his final project. But the kid is incompetent and disorganized, and then to ramp it up, they have some guys show up to take the rented set pieces because the kid's check bounced. Bakula is the soul of patience through the whole thing, but when the kid says he doesn't have the money, Bakula offers first to write a check then to walk to the nearest bank to lend the kid the couple hundred bucks to get the shoot done.

It just showed what a sweet guy Scott Bakula is.

• Love 6

Stephen Amell video chat's with a fan's mother.  She has Stage 3 breast cancer, something that he's passionate about raising awareness and money for because his mother is a 2 time cancer survivor:

I hope this thread hasn't been done. I know there's a general Hollywood gossip thread, but this one is inspired by the recent brouhaha over The Good Wife's Julianna Marguiles and Archie Panjabi not filming their final scene together. Apparently the two ladies don't get along for whatever reason and they couldn't even stand to sit down together for their final scene. Which is RIDICULOUS because you are both HIGHLY PAID ACTORS, so just GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES because I work with a lot of people I hate and I put up with them every day. I can think of a few coworkers I'd like to splice right out of my life!

Anyway, so it got me thinking of other behind-the-scenes relationships on TV. Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson, anyone? Lauren reportedly couldn't stand Scott Patterson, to the point where she actively shipped Lorelai/Chris. Rumor has it that Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion are not fond of each other on Castle. And of course there's the old Moonlighting one, where Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd couldn't stand each other and that's why they were always filming apart.

Then of course there's the looooooong list of failed TV romances. Nina Dobrev/Ian Somerhalder, Adam Brody/Rachel Bilson, Sophia Bush/CMM, Must make the set really fun.

Any others? What good behind the scenes spats/gossip have you heard from your favorite shows?

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't even watch The Good Wife, but this is exactly what I thought when I read that the scene was spliced together. Get over it, ladies.  Regular folk have to work together all the time, no matter if we dig each other or not, you could have managed one scene together.

Edited by cpcathy
  • Love 5

Well, the more I read, the more I think it was Margulies who had a problem being professional and doing her job.

But then again, it's all speculation, and I doubt we will ever know.  Unless the people involved break their silence.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't watch The Good Wife and had no idea about any of the drama. A split-screen for two people talking at a bar? That is some next-level messiness. Shame on you, Nurse Hathaway!

I'm a pretty regular watcher of the entertainment news shows and I've never heard anything about a feud before. I guess it's because CBS dramas don't get the same buzz as cable shows or even other networks, because you know if it had been the same sort of discord with Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh, with their characters going from close friends to not filming any scenes together for more than two seasons...It wouldn't have gotten that far, because Entertainment Tonight/Extra/Access Hollywood would've noticed by 6-7 episodes and made it the top story for days on end. Shonda Rimes probably wouldn't have put up with the BS, the cast would've been ordered to make nice on Twitter, then she'd write out the backstage diva in the most absurd way possible.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4
(edited)

Well, the more I read, the more I think it was Margulies who had a problem being professional and doing her job.

But then again, it's all speculation, and I doubt we will ever know. Unless the people involved break their silence.

Matt Czuchry (Cart Agos for those who don't watch) did a Reddit AMA this past week, and I thought it was very telling how he answered questions about working with Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi and Julianna Margulies. When asked how it was working with the first two, he was quite effusive about how wonderful they are, and how much he liked working with them. When asked about how it was working with Julianna, he said "Incredibly prepared as an actress, and her work speaks for itself." That's sort of damning with faint praise there.

As for some other ones, there have been rumors for quite awhile that Lea Michelle was instrumental in getting Diana Agron and Naya Rivera fired from Glee. And in the "not rumor, because both parties confirmed it", there's the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase fighting in Community that culminated in Harmon calling Chase an asshole in front of his family at a cast party. And, of course, Chevy also got in a fist fight with Bill Murray the first time he came back to SNL after leaving.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 4
(edited)

Chevy is known to be an ass in general. He's alienated pretty much everyone ever involved with Saturday Night Live.

To me, the fascinating thing about The Good wife brouhaha is how nobody from the show is talking about it. Normally a staffer, a craft services person -- someone would leak the deets and it would be all over the place. "ARCHIE ATE JULIANNA'S M&Ms FROM HER TRAILER AND THAT'S WHERE IT ALL STARTED." But nope. They haven't shared a scene in dozens of episodes, culminating in this, and nary a peep. Now CBS is seeing a lot of backlash for the spliced scene, but I'm not sure there's anything for them to do at this point. Just shut up and hope everyone forgets and move on, I suppose.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 2

Yeah, same. Regardless of who was responsible for sparking the original feud, I think all signs point to Julianna refusing to shoot scenes with Archie and not the other way around, if only for the fact that Archie lacks that sort of power. The two actors aren't operating on a level playing field. I don't think Archie was the one who had to get over herself, lol.
there have been rumors for quite awhile that Lea Michelle was instrumental in getting Diana Agron and Naya Rivera fired from Glee.

I don't know about Naya, but I thought it was generally accepted that Dianna's exit was a result of a feud with Ryan Murphy. Apparently Dianna didn't like the direction Quinn was going in and brought up her issues with Ryan, who didn't take too kindly to it and butchered her character even further before dumping her. And then I think he wrote a character into Nip/Tuck (?) that was obviously based on Dianna.

Really, I'd love to know who hated whom on Glee.

• Love 3
(edited)

Despite or maybe because of how much I hated Glee I would love to know the backstage gossip on the show. Who hated who. Who dated who. Bad bad Chaos Theory. I never cared before.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I am dying for behind the scenes gossip from season 2 of Sleepy Hollow.

What showed up onscreen seemed like the showrunner's aggressively pushing of his muse (who was supposed to die in the S1 pilot but later reappeared as the exposition witch) to be a central character and the female lead (replacing a much loved original female lead).

• Love 6

Oh Glee would be a beautiful behind the scenes tell all.    The guy who played Puck dated Naya Rivera for awhile.   They broke up.    She keyed his car.   EXCUSE ME???   You only play high schoolers, you are not actually high schoolers.    

• Love 3

I hesitate to read insider stuff because I hate to hear if any of my favorite actors and actresses are real difficult to work with--especially when the two have such great onscreen chemistry.  Anyway, while it's officially a rumor (unless you all have read otherwise--like I said, I don't read much in this regard), someone whom I trust has said that there is no love lost between Jessica Lange and the rest of the cast and crew of American Horror Story

(edited)

I consider everything just a rumor (and that's why I don't really care) unless its persistent.   Certain actors have a long standing "They're jerks" label attached to them but they bring in the money so they get work and the nicer actors have to grin and bear it.  Honestly I don't really care either way unless it effects my show.  If I watched The Good Wife the rumor that Julianna Margulies doesn't get along with her costars might piss me off because she is ultimately "the good wife" and she is the one who can't be recast....unless she falls down an elevator shaft and gets a new head......just putting it out there writers.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Julianna Margulies ... is ultimately "the good wife" and she is the one who can't be recast....unless she falls down an elevator shaft and gets a new head......just putting it out there writers.

Valerie Harper was fired from her eponymous sitcom and they killed off her character, eventually calling the show "Valerie's Family" and then "The Harpers."
  • Love 2
(edited)

Valerie Harper was fired from her eponymous sitcom and they killed off her character, eventually calling the show "Valerie's Family" and then "The Harpers."

The title after Valerie's Family was actually The Hogan Family. It started as, simply, Valerie. At some point, as I remember (& I did watch the show in all its incarnations), Sandy Duncan joined the cast as the new "maternal" figure/the sister of Josh Taylor's character, the Dad on the show. I think it was Josh Taylor, anyway--the same actor is also known for playing Chris Kositchek & Roman Brady on Days of Our Lives.

Not for nothing, but I've heard Rob Lowe & Bradley Whitford didn't like each other offscreen during The West Wing, though their characters Sam Seaborn & Josh Lyman had what most people thought was great chemistry onscreen.

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 4

Based on the balance of power, I'm guessing Margulies fueled the rivalry. She's a producer, I don't think Pajabi has the power to tell producers she won't work with Marguiles or the power to refuse to do a single scene until producers offer to Orphan Black it so they don't have to be together... and if you read comments at Gawker, there are people who are trying to create the impression they know it started when Pajabi won the first Emmy.

TVLine was heavily hinting that no one on CSI: Miami liked working with David Caruso.

Chevy Chase had a new pilot this year and I kept hoping it wouldn't get picked up (it didn't) because I knew it would eventually turn into the same drama as Community.

The thing with Valerie Harper getting fired from her own show was that she was staging a sickout, possibly for more money. Instead the producers killed her character.

But if you want to go way back on cast feuds how about Grey's Anatomy? That's was where Shonda Rhimes started doing background checks before casting actors, calling up their past shows. The impression I got at the time was that Dempsey and Knight could be pretty flaky, so there was reason behind Washinton's outburst but it was still uncalled for. I'm not sure if Rhimes just wanted the whole thing to go away or if she was trying to keep Washington around (but he kept digging) but the way George was treated afterward did feel like retribution against Knight.

And, of course, there was that whole situation where Brooke Smith was suddenly disappeared from the show just as she was settling in, IIRC ABC had just released new cast photos including Smith when the announcement came she was gone from the show.

(edited)

I wish I could remember where I saw it (it was pretty recently) but, supposedly, before he was written out of Grey's Anatomy, Patrick Dempsey & Ellen Pompeo--who had apparently gotten along until recently--had a falling out.

If you remember/pay attention to celebrity news/gossip, earlier this year Patrick's wife filed for divorce (it would seem out of the blue). Supposedly it had to do with an affair Patrick was allegedly having with a production intern working on the show. Supposedly Ellen knew about the affair (not sure how) & she told Patrick's wife... Thereby apparently, allegedly, causing a falling out between Ellen & Patrick, in addition to the divorce between Patrick & his wife.

I've also heard there was some kind of tension between Patrick & Shonda Rhimes, which may or may not be connected (at least some say it is) to his abrupt exit from GA (he still had a year/season--the now upcoming S12--on his contract when he was written out & "Dr. McDreamy" was killed off).

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not for nothing, but I've heard Rob Lowe & Bradley Whitford didn't like each other offscreen during The West Wing, though their characters Sam Seaborn & Josh Lyman had what most people thought was great chemistry onscreen.

I remember reading a "revealed" blind item a few years ago (so, take it for what it's worth) that Rob Lowe was alienating his Parks and Rec castmates because behind the scenes, he was trying to make his character the male lead. It wasn't that long after that revealed blind item that he submitted himself in the Comedy lead actor category at the Emmys, and part of the reason he left The West Wing was because he wasn't the lead actor, so it wouldn't surprise me if the guy had a bit of an ego problem.

I would LOVE a tell-all about the Growing Pains set. If what got out in public was Kirk Cameron firing someone for appearing in Playboy, and producers not stopping fat jokes about Tracey Gold for quite awhile, despite knowing she had an eating disorder, then there must've been some other crazy shit that hasn't come out.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 5

I'm sorry to hear about the Rob Lowe rumors.  I enjoyed him in The West Wing, Brothers and Sisters, and what very little I saw of him on Parks and Rec.  (I think I tuned into Parks and Rec to see his first appearance or so, but couldn't sit through the show otherwise.)  Then again, having an ego problem is not the worst that can be said of an actor.

Growing Pains was a long time ago, right?  It doesn't surprise me that someone was fired for appearing in Playboy.  The fat jokes - eating disorder thing is inexcusable during any era.  I'm pretty willing to give the benefit of the doubt that peoples' intentions were harmless or all in good fun, but I can't twist the story on that one.

• Love 1

It wasn't that long after that revealed blind item that he submitted himself in the Comedy lead actor category at the Emmys, and part of the reason he left The West Wing was because he wasn't the lead actor, so it wouldn't surprise me if the guy had a bit of an ego problem.

Not going to deny that there's probably an ego problem there, but I recall the original pitch for The West Wing and it was touted as Rob Lowe's show. Martin Sheen came in at the last five minutes of the show and blew it out of the park, after that his character was made a regular which was not the original concept. So at least in that I don't think things turned out the way he thought they were going to go.

• Love 5

I'm sorry to hear about the Rob Lowe rumors.  I enjoyed him in The West Wing, Brothers and Sisters, and what very little I saw of him on Parks and Rec.  (I think I tuned into Parks and Rec to see his first appearance or so, but couldn't sit through the show otherwise.)  Then again, having an ego problem is not the worst that can be said of an actor.

Growing Pains was a long time ago, right?  It doesn't surprise me that someone was fired for appearing in Playboy.  The fat jokes - eating disorder thing is inexcusable during any era.  I'm pretty willing to give the benefit of the doubt that peoples' intentions were harmless or all in good fun, but I can't twist the story on that one.

Well, the story on that one is that Julie McCullough posing in Playboy wasn't an issue when she was hired, or when they set her up to marry Kirk Cameron's character, it only became an issue after Kirk became a born-again Christian and demanded that she be fired, because that didn't align with his new values.  I bet he was a NIGHTMARE to work with.  

Not going to deny that there's probably an ego problem there, but I recall the original pitch for The West Wing and it was touted as Rob Lowe's show. Martin Sheen came in at the last five minutes of the show and blew it out of the park, after that his character was made a regular which was not the original concept.

Yeah, I've heard that as well.  The truth about his personality is probably somewhere in the middle I'm guessing.  What I wouldn't give for a Harry Potter invisibility cloak so I could find out myself : ) 

• Love 4
(edited)

I would LOVE a tell-all about the Growing Pains set. If what got out in public was Kirk Cameron firing someone for appearing in Playboy, and producers not stopping fat jokes about Tracey Gold for quite awhile, despite knowing she had an eating disorder, then there must've been some other crazy shit that hasn't come out.

There was an E! True Hollywood Story on this show, and it's pretty frank.  

Harmless or good fun really doesn't matter.  She had anorexia, and as a result of story-line dictated (and therefore production-ordered) fat jokes, wound up starving herself down to 80 pounds.  So then the show suspended her because she looked like a skeleton.

"Jokes" about someone's physical condition are not jokes, they are the cheap shots of petty thugs and bullies, dressed up in "I was kidding!" to protect the "jokester".

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 10

The title after Valerie's Family was actually The Hogan Family. It started as, simply, Valerie. At some point, as I remember (& I did watch the show in all its incarnations), Sandy Duncan joined the cast as the new "maternal" figure

Hogan! That was it, not Harpers. I was too lazy to confirm the name. Thanks. I, too, watched most of the incarnations.
  • Love 2

With Growing Pains, yeah poor Tracey Gold struggled with an eating disorder, because both Kirk Cameron AND I think Alan Thicke would tease her. With Cameron, he also ended up becoming really religious, and coupled with his growing ego, forced a lot of storylines or removed storylines on the show. Cameron was the "stah", and he had the clout at the time to force changes. So he got one of the guest actresses fired for appearing in Playboy (I think this mag), because it didn't fit with his morals, yadda yadda. His eventual reallife wife was brought in also to reinforce his christian image. Thicke was a womanizing dick, but I think Cameron was worse, from the rumours I've heard.

I am dying for behind the scenes gossip from season 2 of Sleepy Hollow.

What showed up onscreen seemed like the showrunner's aggressively pushing of his muse (who was supposed to die in the S1 pilot but later reappeared as the exposition witch) to be a central character and the female lead (replacing a much loved original female lead).

We've talked about this a lot in the SH thread, but yeah - there was so much dysfunction going on with the show in season 2 and actually started in season 1. We had the writers attacking the viewers, Goffman only ever mentioning his muse in interviews, Orlando Jones throwing shade left right and centre (and quitting the show), and the actors (even John Noble) basically saying they were unhappy and bored - damn. Then to have the network itself come in and demand changes to correct the mess.

I so want a tell-all book. Maybe someone can track down O. Jones, get him drunk and get him to tell his secrets!!

• Love 4
(edited)
Harmless or good fun really doesn't matter.  She had anorexia,

In case you misunderstood me, kassygreene, I also can't see any way fat comments or jokes could have been anything but hurtful, in that case.

"Jokes" about someone's physical condition are not jokes, they are the cheap shots of petty thugs and bullies, dressed up in "I was kidding!" to protect the "jokester".

My family makes jokes about each other's physical conditions all the time and everyone understands it is all humorous.  Of course, we wouldn't do this with people who didn't understand that, or with each other if it wouldn't be interpreted that way, but that is because we not only have good intentions, we have good sense.

I guess I wasn't clear in my previous post.  I meant that, in general, as an attitude toward life, I am inclined to assume the best and not take offense.  However, that doesn't apply to joking about someone's eating disorder.

ETA:  I have never watched a full episode of Growing Pains, so I had no idea what was going on.  Thanks to all who clarified the situation.

Edited by ToxicUnicorn
  • Love 1

I so want a tell-all book. Maybe someone can track down O. Jones, get him drunk and get him to tell his secrets!!

If someone wants to start a crowd sourcing site for buying the drinks, I'll gladly contribute!

• Love 3
His eventual reallife wife was brought in also to reinforce his christian image.

I think it was the other way around; Kirk and Chelsea started dating after she was cast as Kate (although, according to ET, they met for the first time on the set of Full House).

Google also tells me that Kirk refuses to kiss any woman other than his wife, including for on screen purposes. So for Fireproof, they shot Chelsea in silhouette while dressing her up to look like the female lead.

Which is so damn stupid.   God is so dumb he/she/it/they can't tell acting from actually cheating on your spouse?   And quite frankly if it is that big a deal -- don't be an actor.    There are lots of other jobs out there.   You don't have to act if being "faithful" to your spouse is so important.

• Love 15

With Growing Pains, yeah poor Tracey Gold struggled with an eating disorder, because both Kirk Cameron AND I think Alan Thicke would tease her. With Cameron, he also ended up becoming really religious, and coupled with his growing ego, forced a lot of storylines or removed storylines on the show. Cameron was the "stah", and he had the clout at the time to force changes. So he got one of the guest actresses fired for appearing in Playboy (I think this mag), because it didn't fit with his morals, yadda yadda. His eventual reallife wife was brought in also to reinforce his christian image. Thicke was a womanizing dick, but I think Cameron was worse, from the rumours I've heard.

So Cameron's God was perfectly ok with teasing someone with an eating disorder?  How conveeeenient! (Church Lady voice)

• Love 13

Three's Company had a similar feud with Suzanne Somers demanding a pay raise, p@ssing off John Ritter and Joyce DeWitt. As a child, I remember wondering why on earth another ditzy blonde took Chrissy's place, when Somers' name was still in the credits but she was relegated to appearing only for a minute or so at a time (off-screen, to boot). I guess the tension eventually escalated to a point where not only were Ritter and DeWitt not talking to Somers but they would sabotage the scenes with Somers' (like dropping Chrissy on purpose in a scene where they had to carry her). Yikes.

It's hard to believe that the surviving members Somers and DeWitt didn't talk for 30 years (I guess they don't hang out in the same circles?), but it seems they finally buried the hatchet in 2012. 30 years seems to be a long time to hold a grudge...

• Love 5

Since we're talking about Growing Pains, I remember Alan Thicke talking about how "someone" got Leonardo DiCaprio fired because "someone" wasn't happy he was starting to get a lot of the attention. Since Kirk was the teen heartthrob who had the most clout at the time, I can guess who that "someone" was. Whenever I remember that story, I laugh and laugh because we all know what happened to Leo. 

• Love 9

OK... This *isn't* where I read/heard about it, but I Googled & found a link, from the Entertainment section of a mainstream publication (as opposed to a perhaps less-credible "Celebrity/Gossip"-oriented publication/site), that speaks to what I posted upthread about Ellen Pompeo finding out Patrick Dempsey was having an affair with a Grey's Anatomy crew member (production assistant) & telling his now-estranged wife, who's supposedly 1 of Ellen's close friends, which resulted in Patrick's now-estranged wife filing for divorce.

The alleged feud that supposedly caused between Ellen & Patrick isn't mentioned. But I think Shonda Rhimes also finding out about the affair & then apparently/allegedly writing Patrick & his character, Dr. Derek ("Dr. McDreamy") Shepherd, out of the show with a year/season left on his contract because of it *is* in the linked article (I read it kinda fast, once I found a version from a reasonably credible, more mainstream, source, & I only remember it speaks to at least part of the alleged problem between Ellen & Patrick before he was abruptly written out & killed off of the show).

http://m.ibtimes.co.in/cheating-scandal-did-ellen-pompeo-get-patrick-dempsey-fired-greys-anatomy-being-unfaithful-632398

• Love 1