Type keyword(s) to search

Brienne of Tarth: The Oathkeeper

• Start Topic

Brienne's story with Jaime should have ended with her knighthood or after the battle against the WW. He helped, as he said he would and he should have said goodbye right then. I wish I had been given more Ser Brienne, instead of the horrifying and rushed one bam thank you ma'am, that left her in tears, because that would have made her last scene with her writing Jaime's chapter more palatable.

That said, I took her last scene literally: she closed the Jaime chapter and was ready to move on. She will be fine.

• Love 4

I have to admit, I've come to terms with this particular thread. I hate that there was no complexity to Jaime's decision and Cersei simpering like she was Sansa in season 1 or something (not a dig against Sansa, she was an innocent kid then and Cersei was most definitely not that, that's what causes a disconnect), but Brienne finishing Jaime's page came off to me as her accepting the fact that he was a part of her life for a while and not being weighed down by resentment and rancor. She honored him and can now move forward with her life without being held back by this experience. 

• Love 6