Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 05/18/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

After scolding Raven because she said no one running looks like her.... Then Whoopi endorsed Fiorina ONLY because she is a woman... she didnt say what policy she agrees with.... she didnt say why she was the best candidate.... her ONLY reason she should increase in the poll is because she is the only Republican woman running

Talk about identity politics... maybe she should scold herself

• Love 7
(edited)

Whoopi seems fucked up today and not on weed. These first few minutes of the show were reminiscent of her return from her back problems.

ETA: I woke up with a cold and I am grumpy but the voices of everyone on this panel is like nails on a chalkboard. In the words of Bart Simpson, "I did not think it was possible to both suck and blow at the same time". The View has achieved this.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 5
After scolding Raven because she said no one running looks like her..

I haven't watched today's show yet, but this cracked me up.  Imagining someone with a long blond mohawk that bounces in front of her eyes when she talks, saying "nobody running for president  looks like me".  

Yup.  Nobody running looks like you.   And nobody NOT running looks like you either.  

• Love 12
(edited)

So it sounds like Whoopi is pimping Raven and Michelle as possible permanent co-hosts - "We're trying to make them permanent..write in and let them know".  I think, though, that Morgalisa called it...this is simply not a cohesive group as far as their styling.  Whoever is in charge of wardrobe should have them coordinated better so that they don't look like a test pattern on stage.  So often their dress patterns clash so boldly that they're difficult to look at as a whole.

Raven did look better today, having dropped the pompadour.  She didn't look like a chicken as she normally does. 

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3

OMG... this shit just pisses me off..... Rosie started talking about the racist tweets that President Obama was getting.... and she starts off her comment with.... people say that America has gotten past racial issues..... which is total bullshit... because the only people saying that are racist bastards who wont own up with their bigotry, as well as ignorant people like Rosie

• Love 5

Uhhhh....Nicolle, unless you need thrills from importing something "illegally" from that nefarious and extremely dangerous country/continent, Australia, you can order TimTams from Amazon!     It was great seeing Archie Punjabi today.  I'll have to start watching the series, "The Fall," (Netflix) to see more of her.

• Love 3

Uhhhh....Nicolle, unless you need thrills from importing something "illegally" from that nefarious and extremely dangerous country/continent, Australia, you can order TimTams from Amazon!     It was great seeing Archie Punjabi today.  I'll have to start watching the series, "The Fall," (Netflix) to see more of her.

Ha! I guess Nicole is not familiar with Amazon or Target.   I caught the last segment today where Nicole was shrieking about Tim Tams!!!! and how she loved them so much she had them "illegally" shipped from Australia, lol.   Geezus Nicole, they've sold them at Target for years - distributed in the US by Pepperidge Farms.  These people can't even get the simplest subjects correct. 

• Love 6

I'm beginning to worry.  If I tell strangers that I watch "The View," will they simply assume that my IQ is in double digits?   Or...because their IQs are in that category, nod enthusiastically and tell me how much they love Nicolle?

• Love 5

So it sounds like Whoopi is pimping Raven and Michelle as possible permanent co-hosts - "We're trying to make them permanent..write in and let them know".  

What a bunch of nonsense. Unless the number of favorable correspondence regarding this show (mail, twitter, Facebook, etc) far outweighs the negative, they give a shit as much as Whoopi.

• Love 5

OMG... this shit just pisses me off..... Rosie started talking about the racist tweets that President Obama was getting.... and she starts off her comment with.... people say that America has gotten past racial issues..... which is total bullshit... because the only people saying that are racist bastards who wont own up with their bigotry, as well as ignorant people like Rosie

And the U.S. Supreme Court.

• Love 5

Interesting that Michelle is being considered as a permanent co-host (per Whoopi).  She's always talked over.  We rarely get to hear what she thinks...or says.  She's kind of invisible to me.  

• Love 5

The only interview that interested me today was Archie Punjabi (sp?).  I love her & was looking forward to what she was doing & what she had to say.  Well, forget it!!  They were all babbling at once & Archie had a hard time making any kind of point.  I gave up!!

• Love 3

She reminded me of a homeless woman in my old neighborhood, wearing ALL her clothes,  pushing a shopping cart down the street and muttering to herself.  

I couldn't understand most of what Whoopi was saying today or most other days for that matter, she mumbles, laughs, talks in a jargon that is not fitting for tv then I read this and realized she is a Moms Mabley wannabe!!!  Moms sounded just like that and dressed like that and WG did a show on her or something....leave it in the show don't bring it here!  They aired those old clips of WG in some of her roles which highlights how changed she is.  

• Love 5

The only interview that interested me today was Archie Punjabi (sp?).  I love her & was looking forward to what she was doing & what she had to say.  Well, forget it!!  They were all babbling at once & Archie had a hard time making any kind of point.  I gave up!!

Most of the time, if there's someone on The View, they're promoting some project, and they're making the talk show rounds. 

I can't count the number of times a celeb has been boring on The View, and then done a kick-ass interview on another show the same week.  

• Love 7

Well, at least Michelle's bangs look fine to me, lol.

So much better than WG's dreads hanging in her face or the bangs of NW, RP, and the white bangs mohawk sitting on RS's head.

• Love 7
(edited)

I was just being snarky. I like her bangs and when she talked about getting them to cover her wrinkles on her forehead, I looked in the mirror to see if that would benefit me. Then I remembered that I look a damn Weeble  with bangs.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 4

I still can't get over this week and last week when Whoopi wasn't there how they bended over backwards to show clips of her movies, praise her, etc to ensure we don't have a "Whoopi free hour."

The staff and co-hosts had to get all that stuff cleared. These weren't some spur of the moment decisions. They had to sit down and think 'Hmmm, what does our audience want to see? Want to hear at the start of every show? Yes, more praise about Whoopi!' All that had to be cleared. Blows my mind and shows how far this show is in a hole.

Obviously this has something to do with the last time Whoopi was out and Rosie O was the moderator and the show was picking steam back up. Whoopi ended her medical leave early and the first thing she did when she came back was say how people tuning in during her absence probably had no idea what show they were watching. She was right--it was a better one. This time the production staff obviously didn't want to upset Whoopi and make sure she knows just how VITAL she is to the show. Alienating the few viewers left in the process.

And not to continue on too much because I do like Michelle and Raven but really? They are going to hire two people who have been on so much and have added very little to the chemistry and vibe of the show? They need to create hype for next season and sadly this won't do it. Unless they can Rosie and bring in a young Republican.

• Love 10

today's show - Whoopi reads a statistic that only children are 33% more likely to cheat on spouses, some other percentage of people having one sibling, and another percent for people having 2 siblings. They each say something about only children, and WHoopi concludes that "people cheat for all kinds of reasons, it doesn't have anything to do with whether you're an only child." WTF? they do the same thing all the time. Here's a statistic - what do you think it means? Probably nothing. OK.

Then they had two actors on, one told a funny story about Rosie, the kind of thing that usually happens on other shows, the start of a funny interview. BUT - then Raven interrupts the flow, reads a question off a blue card, about a red carpet appearance Here you are in a fancy dress - how was that for you? Again - WTF? Use the damn blue cards for when the interview is falling flat. If an interview is going well, let it flow naturally. If you have talented actors who are being fun and spontaneous, trust that they can TALK.

• Love 7
BUT - then Raven interrupts the flow, reads a question off a blue card, about a red carpet appearance Here you are in a fancy dress - how was that for you?

The show isn't on here for 20 more minutes...but this should be blamed on the producers.  I'm sure they're YELLING in the earpieces at all times.  Raven's new and wants the job, so she obeys immediately.  Whoopi doesn't give an eff...and Rosie O wouldn't wear an earpiece.  If Raven ever gets any clout...watch out.

• Love 3
(edited)

Foghorn Leghorn, you are right on target when you wrote that Whoopie is emulating Moms Mabley. All she has to do now is remove her teeth, which would be difficult because she probably has her originals intact.

This show has no natural flow. I don't know who chooses the hot topics, but they pick some stupid ones. They would also all do well to observe the interviewing skills of Ellen Degeneres or Kelly and Michael. The emphasis should be on the interviewee, not the interviewers. Nicolle's constant interjection of her opinions is so annoying.  They rush through the interviews.  The blue cards are distracting. Do your homework and quit relying on those stupid cards! I realize that the producers are involved in all of this disjointed mess, so they should get some producers who know what they are doing.

On the matter of Michelle's hair, I've always thought it was a wig, because it looks like hair from a Pantene commercial. I wish my hair would look thick, shiny, and perfect like that!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 6
And not to continue on too much because I do like Michelle and Raven but really? They are going to hire two people who have been on so much and have added very little to the chemistry and vibe of the show? They need to create hype for next season and sadly this won't do it. Unless they can Rosie and bring in a young Republican.
I agree. Michelle, in particular, is empty space. Raven could bring sparks on account of she’s so conceitedly stupid, but that’s about it. There's no way they'll bring any new interest to The View or keep the ratings from free-falling. In other words, I'll go back to what I said a week after Rosie O left--I have no hope this show will right its course. It's on a slow chug towards cancellation. I'm sure Whoopi would just love to be the final "face" of The View. Nobody could possibly replace her!!
  • Love 6
(edited)

I never thought about Whoopi being the, "Final Face of the View."  Interesting viewpoint. That would just make it sad because she's hardly the best moderator.  Although with all the boot licking, it would be hard to tell.

Edited by polodog
  • Love 3

As far as I am concerned WG should be, in the future, as the one that brought the show to cancellation. Especially since it seems she has too much influence this season.

I wonder if she will chat about Josh Duggar and hist molest-molest of 5 victims (including 4 of his sisters) or just say he was young and a bonehead. And how Nicolle will defend Huckabee in his support and forgiveness to the Duggars. 

• Love 11

I never thought about Whoopi being the, "Final Face of the View."  Interesting viewpoint. That would just make it sad because she's hardly the best moderator.  Although with all the boot licking, it would be hard to tell.

My local ABC affiliate still spots for shows "coming up" like The View, The Chew, Local News etc. just have Whoopi's face for The View.   The Whoopi Goldberg Hour would have the same picture.    I think she is The View at this point and sadly she seems to as well.   

• Love 3