Type keyword(s) to search

Robotic Media Coverage

• Start Topic

The show still gets a lot LOT higher ratings than Mr Robot so it would be a total win for him or Slater to appear.  You want publicity for the show any and all ways after all.

Personally I'd love to see an episode where Sheldon buys a hoodie for some strange reason and the next thing you know he starts to see Mr Robot show up and talk to to him about world domination or something every time he wears it.  An episode like that would be worth all the recent episodes of the last few years put together for my entertainment value.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I heard we won't get to see Mr. Robot until June.....damn it. I just hope his stolen doggie and fish are okay.

wish it were June but it's not coming back, according to this article, until October.

Mr. Robot received four Emmy nominations:

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES - BD Wong

OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY FOR A SINGLE-CAMERA SERIES (ONE HOUR)

OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING FOR A COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES (ONE HOUR)

OUTSTANDING CREATIVE ACHIEVEMENT IN INTERACTIVE MEDIA WITHIN A SCRIPTED PROGRAM

• Love 1

I think Mr. Robot suffered from a sophomore slump and Esmail hurt Rami's chances but sidelining him at times and not giving him the kind of quality material he had in Season 1.  Hopefully this will light a fire under him to really deliver with Season 3. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, benteen said:

I think Mr. Robot suffered from a sophomore slump and Esmail hurt Rami's chances but sidelining him at times and not giving him the kind of quality material he had in Season 1.  Hopefully this will light a fire under him to really deliver with Season 3. 

Yes, but I can appreciate giving the high-tech technicians an opportunity to really shine with episodes where the effects drove the narrative rather than just carrying it (as is seen in fantasy-based series).

Okay I read here Mr Robot is back on Oct 11th.  Anybody know what time because my cable company makes it pretty near impossible to see any kind of TV schedule for them at all.  My cable company makes Comcast look really really good by comparison.

8 hours ago, justmehere said:

My DVR has it at 9:59 -11:08 p.m

I really hate shows that start a minute early and/or end a few minutes late.  It really messes with my DVR by cutting off one or more shows.  I end up having to try and search for second showings of some shows (fortunately many non-main networks do repeat their shows) and having to manually reschedule the recordings so I don't miss key stuff at the beginning or end of shows.

The Verge will be continuing it's aftershow tonight.

Mr. Robot returns tonight on USA for season 3, along with your favorite digital aftershow to discuss all the latest twists and turns. Join Nilay Patel, Russell Brandom, and Megan Farokhmanesh (hey, that’s me!) as we unpack the show, talk about our favorite hacks, and see what the fans are up to. Watch after the episode wraps up at 11PM.

Oh yeah, and here’s the part where I note that USA Network is owned by NBCUniversal, which owns a minority stake in Vox Media, aka the parent company of The Verge. Like everything else that comes from The Verge editorial staff, the Mr. Robot Digital After Show is an independent editorial product, guided only by our interests and taste.

Catch us on The Verge every week, or on the Mr. Robot Facebook page. Don’t forget to join our weekly Reddit discussion thread to leave your thoughts and questions. You can also tweet us using #RobotAfterShow on Twitter! See you tonight.

This show is already getting great reviews for the new season, and I am so happy. They critics who have seen the first episodes say that you really have to wait until the 5th or 6th before it BLASTS OFF....I'll wait, I don't mind that this show is slow, it is outstanding, and I think one of the best series made right now. The photography, the writing, the acting, the cast, and the star of the show EVIL CORPORATION.  Last year blew me away and that was a slow burn until the BIG REVEAL. Whoa....And, can I just say, Rami is my Boo. He's so yummy and wonderfully strange. I want to feed him soup and discuss Seinfeld with him, IN BED. Okay, I'll shut up I've had too many adderall.  

• Love 1

I didn't know it hadn't been renewed before this so that is good news of course.  And we certainly don't want the series cancelled with poor, sweet White Rose still frustrated about getting her equipment into the Congo after all, heh.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Milaxx said:

I don't know how many of you watch the aftershow on The Verge, but this week's guest are Grant Chang & BD Wong, aka Grant & WhiteRose. Should be a fun evening.

You will have to give us a summary because I never watch stuff like that online.  So please let us know of any interesting stuff you hear.

On 12/16/2017 at 11:59 AM, atlantaloves said:

Okay, just finished The Verge, guys be sure to watch it if you can. Wonderful interviews. If you have Comcast, it is up On Demand under Mr. Robot Extras. My love for BD Wong knows no bounds. 

I haven't watched/listened yet, but it's also on YouTube. However, it doesn't start until 5 minutes in, and BD Wong and Michael Christopher don't appear until just before the 18 minute mark. The total time is 52 minutes, 30 seconds.

On 12/14/2017 at 1:12 AM, green said:

You will have to give us a summary because I never watch stuff like that online.  So please let us know of any interesting stuff you hear.

Sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation. I don't usually go for these types of things unless they are well done. This one is worth watching. You can tell the host are truly fans of the show. It makes for an enjoyable experience.s

okay Milaxx, The Verge really is worth your time (terrific interviews with everybody from the cast) except for the geek stuff they get into,  you can also find it at the bottom of Mr. Robot on demand on Comcast under Extras if you have comcast or infinity or whatever they call it and then watch it on a real television.  That is how I like to watch it, I'm old and only watch short things on youtube on my little laptop.  I am so glad Bobby C.  got nominated, he is such a terrific actor, and always steals a scene, JUST THE BEST. 

So Mr. Robot is apparently going to end on the fourth season which I guess it's for the best. I'd definitely not want it go get Dexter'd or Shameless'd, let it go out as a memorable show that didn't run out of ideas and was just airing for views.

• Love 1

A lot of times when I hear about the end of a show I watch, I'm kind of bummed but I think this one is ready. Usually I'm disappointed if a show ends so soon but four seasons of this show should be enough. Hopefully they don't side line Tyrell too much. I thought it was a mistake to do that for the past two seasons when he was such a big part of season 1. 

As long as season 4 doesn't make the mistakes that season 2 made I'll be happy.

• Love 5

Agreed.  While Season 3 bounced back strong from Season 3, the show has never been able to recapture what made it so great in Season 1.  I hope they deliver big time for the final season.

• Love 4

Bump.  Again is there any word when this series starts again?  It is quickly fading from my memory at this point.  So it is probably good they are winding it up because it seems orphaned at this point.  The absurd time they leave in between seasons these days is ridiculous.  I just read Vikings has finished up filming it's series but the broadcast of the finally episode probably won't happen until 2020 sometime.  Hate that kind of stuff.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, green said:

Bump.  Again is there any word when this series starts again?  It is quickly fading from my memory at this point.  So it is probably good they are winding it up because it seems orphaned at this point.  The absurd time they leave in between seasons these days is ridiculous.  I just read Vikings has finished up filming it's series but the broadcast of the finally episode probably won't happen until 2020 sometime.  Hate that kind of stuff.

Everything I see  says 2019, and one said the season is wrapped.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, possibilities said:

I seriously thought the show had been quietly cancelled. Glad it wasn't, and we'll get the 4th season, but I agree it's hard to keep track and stay engaged when there are such long gaps.

Yeah the last time the show was on they were making fun of Donald Trump just having decided to run for president I remember.  It has been a long 2 plus years in more ways than one, sigh.

The network, I forget which one it was on by now, will definitely have to show marathons plural of the series before they premiere this last season.  I have no idea what was happening except a vague memory of a FBI agent turncoat who failed his dark side bosses getting hacked to pieces.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Has the show even started filming Season 4 yet? If it's coming out in 2019, I would think they'd have at least starting shooting, but I haven't seen or heard anything.

Funny you should ask. This just in two days ago ( etonline.com/rami-malek-and-christian-slater-tease-very-very-climatic-ending-to-mr-robot-exclusive-116667 ): 

…Slater revealed that he and the cast will start filming the show again next month, on Feb. 18…

It does break my heart a little that writers and editors are being paid who don't know the difference between "climatic" and "climactic"—unless, of course, Mr. Robot's final act will involve an apocalypse caused by climate change. I suppose that's possible.

• Love 1