Type keyword(s) to search

Robotic Media Coverage

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, benteen said:

I honestly wonder if they are ever going to bother filming the final season.

No worries, they will. Shooting just got pushed back because well Rami decided to go and become an Oscar nominated actor (lol). Kidding, but basically because of the Awards season and the million shows and stuff he's having to attend, shooting got pushed back.

But he did an interview with Jimmy Kimmel and said that he and Sam Esmail discussed the final season and Sam apparently has the whole thing mapped out, so Rami actually knows how it all ends. I do think we won't get the season until maybe the end of the year and that's being positive. Because you have to factor shooting, then editing before it gets released. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Thought this would make some happy. B.D. Wong (White Rose) posted a few pictures on Instagram of their first table read for Season 4.

My guess is, as soon as the Oscars are over, which is this Sunday, they'll likely go full speed ahead into production for the new season.

51665993_293280611336766_2907669018371289899_n.jpg

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

I can't believe I had no idea that Rami and Portia Doubleday were a couple during all three seasons this show was being filmed. What kind of fan am I? How could I not know that?! (I even ship him and Angela together, sort of!)

I wonder if that will make things weird for this last season, given what apparently happened because of Bohemian Rhapsody and Lucy Boynton (again, something I can't believe I just found out about). I assumed him and Angela would end up together, but maybe not now.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I felt like a proud parent. And I can say I knew him when. Okay, I only discovered him because of Mr. Robot but it still counts.

The first thing he really made an impression on me was in The Pacific.  You should check it out, if you haven't already.  It's always a hoot to see him in the Night at the Museum movies (although I read he's not that fond of the role. lol).

5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I can't believe I had no idea that Rami and Portia Doubleday were a couple during all three seasons this show was being filmed. What kind of fan am I? How could I not know that?! (I even ship him and Angela together, sort of!believe I just found out about). 

Wow! I didn't know that. The things I learn on this site. Coverage today did mention how private he is, so they were surprised at the PDA last night, which I didn't find all that unusual.

I can't believe he fell off the stage last night.  He looked so happy when they showed him walking off after his speech, then BOOM!  Luckily, he was popping champagne at The Governors Ball, so looks like he's okay.

(edited)
On 2/25/2019 at 11:23 AM, ruby24 said:

I can't believe I had no idea that Rami and Portia Doubleday were a couple during all three seasons this show was being filmed

I'm not sure they were together all throughout the seasons. If I remember correctly, some fans started picking up signs while they were filming Season 2. But again, with Rami being so private, who really knows when exactly it started. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 5:27 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I'm not sure they were together all throughout the seasons. If I remember correctly, some fans started picking up signs while they were filming Season 2. But again, with Rami being so private, who really knows when exactly it started. 

Apparently she had posted a picture of them on her instagram (deleted now) in late 2017 marking their two year anniversary, so it must have started when the first season was airing at least.

That must be awkward now though. She's still on the show, right? I had always assumed Eliott and Angela would end up together.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1

Rami is going to be the newest Bond villain in the upcoming film. It was pretty much one of the worse kept secrets, as Variety and other entertainment publications began reporting it during Awards season.

But there was some talk about his maybe not being able to do it because schedule filming the last season of Mr. Robot would conflict. However the producers and studio worked it out because they really wanted him for the film. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

The Forbes “things you need to know” article says

The first episode will air in the U.S. this Sunday, October 6, on the USA Network, and in the U.K. a day later on Amazon Prime.

—which does not tell me the thing I “need to know,” specifically whether season 4 episodes will also air on Amazon Prime in the US the day after,

but the newer Newsweek “need to know” article indicates that Mr Robot episodes are available on Amazon Prime Video the next day “for those who want to stream,” so, yes. 

Edited by shapeshifter

I'm annoyed that now I have to wait a week for Mr. Robot episodes to stream on Sling TV.  Not sure if this is a change due to the USA channel, or other.  Makes me glad its the last season with having to wait to watch.

Rami nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series and freaking well deserved. And he better win this time since he was robbed for his first two nominations in my opinion.

It still blows my mind that Christian Slater has two Golden Globes for this show and Rami has none (and yes I am aware he does have a Globe for Bohemian Rhapsody). 

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama
Brian Cox (“Succession”)
Kit Harington (“Game of Thrones”)
Rami Malek (“Mr. Robot”)
Tobias Menzies (“The Crown”)
Billy Porter (“Pose”)

• Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, FoundTime said:

Are there Mr. Robot fans in Russia? This headline caught my eye:

Russian Hacking Group Evil Corp. Charged By Federal Prosecutors In Alleged Bank Fraud

😏

Since (https://www.wired.com/story/alleged-russian-hacker-evil-corp-indicted/amp )

For the last decade, the hackers behind Evil Corp have led a sustained assault on the bank accounts of thousands of victims across dozens of countries

more likely Sam Esmail, who was a hacker before he was an author and producer, enjoyed name-dropping a yet-unknown entity when he first penned season 1. 
I wonder if he will verify this in a future interview. 

• Love 1