Type keyword(s) to search

Robotic Media Coverage

• Start Topic

And for good measure, it won in the appropriate category (drama) up against some pretty darn good competition -- beating out Game of Thrones, Outlander, Narcos and Empire.

Sidebar: I still don't get why 'The Martian' was in the Musical or Comedy motion picture category.

• Love 2

"John Doe" the hacker who released the Panama Papers, exposing the international tax shelter industry, has released a Mr. Robot like statement.

Historians can easily recount how issues involving taxation and imbalances of power have led to revolutions in ages past. Then, military might was necessary to subjugate peoples, whereas now, curtailing information access is just as effective or more so, since the act is often invisible. Yet we live in a time of inexpensive, limitless digital storage and fast internet connections that transcend national boundaries. It doesn’t take much to connect the dots: from start to finish, inception to global media distribution, the next revolution will be digitized.

Honestly, I like Christian Slater but I've never really felt like his performance on the show was that amazing and it's why I was so mad he won a Globe and Rami didn't. Thrilled for Rami and the show but pretty much every critic predicted that they were a lock for the nominations. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Honestly, I like Christian Slater but I've never really felt like his performance on the show was that amazing and it's why I was so mad he won a Globe and Rami didn't. Thrilled for Rami and the show but pretty much every critic predicted that they were a lock for the nominations. 

Oh, I agree.  Rami is the one who had to get nominated as well as the show and they did.  I was glad Slater won the GG but Rami is the one who deserved to be honored the most.

On 7/18/2016 at 9:36 AM, gallaxia said:

This may be interesting for you if you wanna know more about the hacks: http://sensorstechforum.com/mr-robot-season-2-hacks-exploits-fsociety-cryptowall/

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/real-hackers-behind-mr-robot-get-right/

I became more interested in cyber stuff since I started watching Mr. Robot! It's like...  entertaining education for me :)

The hacking stuff on this show is scary. I wouldn't want a house so dependant on technology, like that lawyer's. Even the increasing use of software in cars gets me jittery. And ngl, I taped up the camera on my laptop because of this show. It's something I was concerned about prior, but the stuff about Angela/Ollie getting hacked gave me the push. There are various devices out there to use, but in the end I bought some black masking tape.

• Love 1

Since I first got online in the 90s and accidentally sent my mom an email about my mom, I have figured that anything private needs to be said in person. Fortunately I managed to convince my mom that it was a virus and she should delete it without reading it. Since the 00s, I've also assumed that anything I say on a phone could be recorded by the NSA or some other alphabet soup named organization. Then I think how very bored they must be listening to me. This show is very believeable with regards to technology risks, unlike, for instance, CBS's Scorpion and that ilk.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Since I first got online in the 90s and accidentally sent my mom an email about my mom, I have figured that anything private needs to be said in person. Fortunately I managed to convince my mom that it was a virus and she should delete it without reading it. 

lol

I found it interesting that fsociety's main security measure was to meet in person. I'm not sure if the story about another hacking group getting caught because they only communicated via technology was true, but it seemed very plausible.

• Love 2
On 9/4/2016 at 1:35 PM, greenbean said:

The hacking stuff on this show is scary. I wouldn't want a house so dependant on technology, like that lawyer's. Even the increasing use of software in cars gets me jittery. And ngl, I taped up the camera on my laptop because of this show. It's something I was concerned about prior, but the stuff about Angela/Ollie getting hacked gave me the push. There are various devices out there to use, but in the end I bought some black masking tape.

I use washi tape.  It's pretty.  I cut or punch it into various shapes and change it out periodically.  I might as well make it nice.

Congrats to “Mr. Robot” (USA), they won and Emmy for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score) at the Creative Arts Emmy's tonight. An edited version will air on September 17th.

I like them. I think they are much better than Greenfield's special because they explain a lot of the tech and coding stuff we are seeing in easy to understand layman's terms.

Amazon Prime Video is having a contest to design a poster for #MrRobot. Last day to enter is Sept. 18! 

Edited by Milaxx

I was so thrilled for Rami when he won the Emmy.  So very well-deserved and I loved that he started with "Please tell me you're seeing this."

I would have liked to have seen Mr. Robot win Best Series too (even being a huge Game of Thrones fan and being happy that they won).  But this was the one I wanted them to win the most.

I love that Rami won! I really think the show will have a better shot next year. It's not that season 2 is better, it's that it will have more recognition by this time next year.

I hope B. D. Wong is nominated next year, as well.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3

Interesting podcast interview with Sam Esmail

My take aways: He like LOST and respects Mo Ryan. Seriously it's a nice read. I like his take on the structure of the show and what he hopes fans get out of it. It's great to hear about the Alf ep and how much USA Network appears to be committed to this show.

I forgot to mention in passing that Mr Robot got a shout-out a week or two back on The Big Bang Theory.  Leonard and Penny were watching it and Penny had some question about it she asked Leonard.  It was in passing like most references on the show but cool to see it may be the next Battlestar Galactica or Firefly for references on this show.  (Star Wars and especially Star Trek don't count as well as Wil Wheaton.  They were pretty much brought up every week and he is like a semi-regular cast member).

And if "Starbuck" and others showed up in a couple of early season episodes maybe "Mr Robot" or "Elliot" will sometime in the future here.  That is if The Big Bang Theory goes back to it's awesome roots as opposed to the boring "couples" soap opera it has turned into.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, green said:

I forgot to mention in passing that Mr Robot got a shout-out a week or two back on The Big Bang Theory.  Leonard and Penny were watching it and Penny had some question about it she asked Leonard.  It was in passing like most references on the show but cool to see it may be the next Battlestar Galactica or Firefly for references on this show.  (Star Wars and especially Star Trek don't count as well as Wil Wheaton.  They were pretty much brought up every week and he waws likea semi-regular cast member).

And if "Starbuck" and others showed up in a couple of early season episodes maybe "Mr Robot" or "Elliot" will sometime in the future here.  That is if The Big Bang Theory goes back to it's awesome roots as opposed to the boring "couples" soap opera it has turned into.

This would depend upon Rami Malek's availability and willingness to appear on the show. As TBBT has grown "long in the tooth," I wonder if Malek's agent would discourage him from doing the show. I guess it would depend upon how much they would pay Malek, since the show would benefit from his presence at this point rather than Malek benefitting as he would when the show was in its more popular years. — Just my opinion