Type keyword(s) to search

FitzSimmons: Beside Each Other, the Whole Damn Time.

• Start Topic

b) isn't the director about to re-enact the first kiss with Elizabeth? :)

I don't know—it kind of looks like his right hand is going around Iain's waist. Maybe he's demonstrating Elizabeth's part and that's what's cracking her up! :D

On 7/24/2016 at 9:51 AM, blueray said:

I love how they are already playing their characters at the screen test. Where they already cast?

This was their chemistry test/screen test. Neither had been cast yet, it was the final rounds. Apparently, if memory serves, there were 5 finalist pairs. They were slotted as a pair for the first time for that screen test.  If you ask me, I think they were sold on Iain deCaestecker, but were unsure about Elizabeth Henstridge until they put them together. Iain killed that screen test. That's Fitz and it's incredible to me that he's sustained that character that he created right through. Jemma is slightly improved and certainly there are shades of her there, but that's entirely Fitz's characterization. I'm impressed. They killed that screen test though. It's no wonder they got hired. I love how subtly Iain turns on Fitz's tears. You don't see it coming, but then it's there and you understand WHY it's there. And his reaction to her kiss? Priceless. I want to know if he knew it was coming or if she surprised him with it and that was his improvisation. 

Edited by Keener
  • Love 1

Was the subtitle of this thread meant to be ironic?

I don't see any legitimate path forward for FitzSimmons as a couple and maybe even as friends after thia Framework story.  

Even if real Fitz isnt responsible, at least directly, for what framework Fitz has done, for me it'd be a total betrayl of Simmons' characterization for her to ever past him shooting and killing Agnes.   

I think what will happen is whenever Fitz goes to touch her, she'll flashback to the murder and recoil.  And I thinn this is being foreshadowed in the way she cant even look at framework Ward because of what real Ward did.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

The subtitle is taken from a quote by Fitz in the season 1 episode "FZZT", when they are trying to figure out how to keep Jemma from dying of the alien virus.

I disagree that FitzSimmons relationship is kaput or that Simmons would be OOC in being able to look past Fitz killing Agnes in the Framework. One thing that Simmons  has been very consistent on is her insistence that the Framework =/= the Real World (ex. her continued reference to 1s and 0s, etc.). In fact, that's the very reason why she continues to dislike Framework!Ward -- his goodness doesn't matter because he isn't real to her -- only Real World!Ward is real to her, and he was not good. She remains resolute that Real World!Fitz =/= Framework!Fitz; it's the shred of sanity that she's holding onto as proof that the Framework is not real. Since Real World >>>> Framework every time for Simmons, she is actually less likely to blame RealWorld!Fitz for Framework!Fitz's actions than the other way around. I think once she finds out that Fitz has a continued relationship with his father in the Framework she'll waste no time in blaming Framework Fitz's actions and attitude on that relationship, rather than on Fitz himself.

On the other hand, I think Fitz is going to have some serious trouble reconciling his actions in the Framework with who he is in the Real World. It won't be as easy for him to distinguish the two as it has been / will be for Simmons.

• Love 6

I agree with @RandomMe. Jemma has from day 1 remarked that the Framework is nothing but code. She's been frustrated by people's inaction simply because she sees it as code (remember she was the one that griped that saving the kids in the building was pointless and a waste of time).  Jemma will not be adversely affected by FrameworkFitz (Fritz?) She understands that evil dad (and perhaps a lack of Jemma?) made Fritz evil. It was all programming. 

Fitz on the other hand, when he popped out of the Framework instantly blamed himself for Agnes' and Mace's deaths among other 1's and 0's in the Framework. Agnes was dead in reality long before Fritz got to her and any inhumans or subversives he thinks he killed were just in his mind. Only Mace's blood is on his hands, and really May shares some of that blame as well. The bottom line is that Mace didn't listen to Jemma and went and saved the kids even when he didn't have to. Fitz wasn't to blame for it. Aida's programming compelled his order and dictated Mace's response to it. Fitz, however, is emotionally scarred from it and seems to think that he's innately evil. That deep down he's an evil person or can easily be turned into one. 

• Love 3