Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: I'm Thinking Of You All The While

In the aftermath of Alaric and Jo's powerful nuptials, things take a dramatic turn when an uninvited guest shows up, leaving Elena in terrible jeopardy. Despite Matt's advice to leave town to protect herself, a defiant Bonnie takes matters into her own hands after finding herself on the receiving end of a twisted plan. As Stefan and Caroline reach an emotional crossroad in their relationship, a reunion with Liv leaves Tyler faced with a decision that could change his life forever. Meanwhile, Lily's reckless actions cause Stefan to realize the lengths to which his mother will go to reunite with her "family." Finally, after a devastating chain of events, Damon is forced to make the most difficult decision of his life.

Finally I get a payoff for this season, Damon killed Kai and saved Bonnie.

Stefan acknowledging Damon is his true love was nice.

What happens if everyone dies without anyone telling someone Elena is stuck in a coffin?

• Love 8

So,I haven't watched this show in a season and a half, but tuned in tonight for the goodbye to Elena and now I'm mostly confused as fuck, but I mostly didn't get the end part. Is there a time jump? I mean, is that what that was, or did I miss something I would have gotten had I bothered to watch the whole season?

• Love 2
(edited)

What kind of closure was that? Why do the vampires just assume they will see Elena again? They can die too...every single one of them and I hope they all do before Bonnie.  And what kind of mess is it to totally screw over Bonnie and punish her character with this curse? Why not let Elena just die? Nina said she's done, let her be done. 

I thought Bonnie and Kai were supposed to have a big showdown, I saw nothing resembling a showdown. The love letter to DE, which this entire second half of the season was, was as boring as always. 

Overall, the only scene I did like was Damon choosing Bonnie over Elena. 

Julie and Co. always manage to muck things up. 

Watt, it was a time jump and we are going back to when Damon is a complete asshole. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 4

I must admit, I haven't seen any episode this season but when I heard Nina was leaving I had to watch.  I liked this episode for several reasons.  I liked how Stefan explained to Caroline at the end and I think they should be together. I think they are of the same mold and would be great.

I really liked how Elena said 'goodbye' to everyone.  Each one was special and meant a lot.  Although at the end, seeing how she was being hidden kind of makes me think she didn't actually die then.  This makes me irritated.  Either kill her or write her off into the sunset. 

Which brings me to Damon saving Bonnie, which I thought meant Elena dying but I guess it didn't.  I like that Damon did that on his own (at least from the convo I thought with Elena).  I'm glad Jeremy came back to say good bye (or whatever they were doing) was a nice touch.

If next season (or whatever season) is the last please let it be known Elena died, bringing her back for a finale is wrong.  She had a nice goodbye and anything else would be cheap.

(edited)

Well, I cried. Not just for the good-bye scenes (especially the ones with Bonnie and Jeremy), but because this was the Elena that I thought was awesome and that I missed. I wish she had returned sooner. I thought the dance was sort of weird, though. Like, hey, let's do some ballroom dancing while we're here!

What happens if everyone dies without anyone telling someone Elena is stuck in a coffin?

Well, that's a depressing thought. Someone keep an eye on Klaus' well-being because his fate could make all these vamps drop dead all at once. Edited by Luciano
  • Love 6

Farewell Elena, and Nina. Need to gather my thoughts but it certainly managed to shock me a few times: Jo and her unborn babies butchered, Alaric putting a gun to his own head and casually pulling the trigger, and Damon knocking Kai's head clean off.

And yay, Jeremy!!

• Love 4
(edited)

I cried, especially the scene with the girls. You could tell it was real tears with the 3 of them and not acting. Stefan and Elena too got to me because I loved them when the show first started and the first few seasons when the show was so great.  I guess having Elena be alive but dead is similar to what they do over at The Originals. It's like staking Klaus/Elijah/Rebeckha and they wake up 50 years later. They could appease the shippers that they'll reunite someday and/or Nina appears in the series finale. Which she probably would. 

I could care less about the Damon and Elena goodbye or Damon's pain. I was happy he saved Bonnie and killed Kai, in probably the most gruesome way we've seen on TVD. That was something I'd expect from HBO not CW.  

When Kai said that Elena would never forgive Damon for killing Bonnie for her I laughed out loud. Elena doesn't care if Damon hurts Bonnie, Caroline, her brother even Damon killed. Elena would get over it in 5 minutes or less.

Tyler's last scene being with Elena was good and fitting since he was leaving too. However, I wanted a Tyler and Matt goodbye, but Tyler will probably appear again so I'm ok with no Matt goodbye. Maybe they had one before the time jump.

Glad Jeremy, Alaric, and Matt got a good goodbye with Elena because unless they're all turned a vampire or Bonnie dies soon they won't see Elena again unlike Stefan, Elena and Caroline.  

It was a solid episode and a good farewell episode to the lead actress and character. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
(edited)

I really liked how Elena said 'goodbye' to everyone.  Each one was special and meant a lot.  Although at the end, seeing how she was being hidden kind of makes me think she didn't actually die then.  This makes me irritated.  Either kill her or write her off into the sunset. 

Which brings me to Damon saving Bonnie, which I thought meant Elena dying but I guess it didn't.  I like that Damon did that on his own (at least from the convo I thought with Elena).  I'm glad Jeremy came back to say good bye (or whatever they were doing) was a nice touch.

If next season (or whatever season) is the last please let it be known Elena died, bringing her back for a finale is wrong.  She had a nice goodbye and anything else would be cheap.

I think maybe you got the spell details reversed in your mind. Elena didn't die. She's basically in a Sleeping Beauty suspended animation state UNTIL Bonnie dies. Then Elena will wake up and apparently be able to live her life from that point. So everyone is assuming Bonnie will live a normal-length life, and the humans won't see Elena again, but the vampires will (assuming no one kills them). Just not for 60-70 years.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 6

Plec leaves a lot to be desired but I'm glad that the writers have gotten Stefan to the point where his whole world doesn't revolve around Elena, he was always the one to let go, I'm glad that they are staying true to that aspect of his character.

Elena will not be missed.

• Love 2

Well, I just deleted the show from my DVR. Not because Elena/Nina are done, but because it's time. This is a good place to say farewell to a show that's been consistent in its inconsistency (and looks like it's, essentially, been rebooted to season 1). 

Thanks for the ride, Vampire Diaries. Wishing you the best on your continued journey, but I'm getting off here. 

• Love 2

It'd be kinda funny if Bonnie died like a week later and it's all awkward because they just had these epic goodbyes like last week sometime. Heh. I'm so not invested anymore. I liked Bonnie. I don't know who kai was but he was kind of hot in a lunatic way.

• Love 7
(edited)

Apparently, without Elena, Mystic Falls becomes a dump. The world really does revolve around her. ;-)

I watched it with my 16 year old daughter (who gave up the show a season or two before I did), and all we could think during that last scene is that Elena is Jimmy Stewart's George Bailley and without her, Bedford/Mystic Falls has turned into Pottersville.

I cried, especially the scene with the girls. You could tell it was real tears with the 3 of them and not acting. 

[…]

When Kai said that Elena would never forgive Damon for killing Bonnie for her I laughed out loud. Elena doesn't care if Damon hurts Bonnie, Caroline, her brother even Damon killed. Elena would get over it in 5 minutes or less.

I loved the scene with the girls. I was so happy it was in Elena's no longer existent Gilbert Gables bedroom. And then Bonnie did the feather floating trick, again. I remember remarking on how pretty that scene was, the first time out, when Bonnie was first honing her magic. 

I do disagree with your comment about Elena, though. I was glad Damon made a choice that honors what he knows would be Elena's wishes, and I'm glad that Elena was able to tell him she was happy he made the choice.

When the series was new, the girls' friendship (independent of the boys) was a lovely thing. The writing degraded over time (arguably after Williamson moved on) and the things I liked about their friendship (and about Elena) went down hill with it. I still blame the Originals, because they were too invulnerable and their story turned Elena into a perpetual damsel. For whatever reason, I'm happy to take Elena's pleasure at the opportunity to sacrifice for Bonnie, as a retcon of the damage that Plec, Dries, et al did to her characterization.

I'm not sure if I'll watch again. I'll probably do what I did at the end of last season, leave the season pass on my TiVo, and tune in if I'm in the mood, but I already feel like the series is over for me. Without Elena, it's a different show.

Edited by CindyMcLennan
  • Love 6

I think maybe you got the spell details reversed in your mind. Elena didn't die. She's basically in a Sleeping Beauty suspended animation state UNTIL Bonnie dies. Then Elena will wake up and apparently be able to live her life from that point. So everyone is assuming Bonnie will live a normal-length life, and the humans won't see Elena again, but the vampires will (assuming no one kills them). Just not for 60-70 years.

I didn't.  I posted how she was hidden, didn't say she died.  Isn't being hidden being a sleeping beauty? I mentioned she was being hiddened.  What didn't I get?

Hmm...been contemplating watching this series from the beginning after reading tumblr posts about the show, but after reading the comments about the finale, I pass.  Seems like the character of Bonnie isn't allowed to have a life of her own unless its to service someone else's.  Sometimes it pays to skip to the end.

(edited)

Crucial, when you said this:

I also thought you were confused as to whether or not Elena died, and if so, why. 

Edited by CindyMcLennan
  • Love 1

Hmm...been contemplating watching this series from the beginning after reading tumblr posts about the show, but after reading the comments about the finale, I pass.  Seems like the character of Bonnie isn't allowed to have a life of her own unless its to service someone else's.  Sometimes it pays to skip to the end.

Yup and they're all counting the days until she dies. 

Also, that last scene with Damon on the town clocktower seemed a bit like they stole the cinematography from an Angel episode.  I doubt we'll see Damn hook up with anyone now.  He's going to become a monk.

I like Stefan and Damon, so I'll be back next season.  It's not must-see tv, but it's fun.  

I'm also going to call Damon/Bonnie 'ship "Pancakes."   Damnie or Bondam just feels too cliche and hoke.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ok, so if Kai had to leave, I'm glad he left in the best way possible.  Damon almost lazily swiping Kai's head off his shoulders was pretty amazing.  I also loved that Damon chosen Bonnie.  I really liked Kai, though.

I wonder if Lily and her friends got thrown into prison world because they started apocalypse's everywhere they lived. I'm assuming they are the reason Mystic Falls sucks.  Lily is annoying, but here's to hoping her witchpires are worthy big bads.  

Edited by bluebonnet

I think that I missed something, but does Elena not age while she is "sleeping?" Or does the spell prevent her from aging, and she will wake up in 60 years in her early 20s (I forget her age)?

I think that I missed something, but does Elena not age while she is "sleeping?" Or does the spell prevent her from aging, and she will wake up in 60 years in her early 20s (I forget her age)?

I think the assumption is that she won't age.  Though, someone probably should have gone ahead and sucked out that cure because it's probably better it gets done now (assuming suspended animation and total pause on her aging) than someone doing it when she wakes up.  

Hmm, maybe that's why Lily and the witchpires lay waste the Mystic Falls.  They are trying to get that cure but the doors are super tightly locked.  

• Love 1

Kai said Elena was trapped in that moment, so it's safe to assume she won't age.

I burst into tears when Bonnie floated the feathers and I cheered when Stefan acknowledged that he and Damon are endgame - not in an incesty way, of course.

I also thought the first 10 minutes of this were very dark and I loved them.

• Love 5

I am really really upset they killed Jo and her babies. Just let Alaric kill himself. Christ.

I am appreciative that TPTB actually killed Kai after one season and left him as a badass villain, and didn't let him deteriorate into a terrible washed-out character by overstaying his welcome.

But still. So unhappy about Jo and Alaric and their babies. Not cool, show. Not cool.

• Love 7

I didn't.  I posted how she was hidden, didn't say she died.  Isn't being hidden being a sleeping beauty? I mentioned she was being hiddened.  What didn't I get?

I bolded the parts of your first post that made me think you were still confused about the spell--no offense intended; it just seemed like maybe you had it reversed.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hm looks like Mama Salvatore's family has done some damage to Mystic Falls.

That's the way I took the last scene as well. Damon appeared to be watching for something or someone, perhaps his mother and her buddies. As much as I grew to despise the character of Elena, I have to hand it to Plec with coming up with a fairly original (for this show) way to write Dobrev off the show. And, as fun as Kai was as a villain, I loved Damon's solution to end his evil filled life. Won't miss Tyler but I was glad that he went back to being a wolf and took a bite out of Kai. I think most of all, I really hated that Rick suffered, what I thought, was the most devastating loss out of everyone.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 4

I haven't watched this show in ages but I caught the last bit and I just have to say two things:

1. Happy about Stefan and Caroline and

2. Um, did they really have an Elena stunt double for the ballroom scene? It didn't look complicated enough that Nina couldn't do it.

I had no idea she was leaving the show though. I may have to go back and catch the Damon chooses Bonnie part.

(edited)

Wow, I liked this one.  Only a few missteps.  First those:  Elena baby, you can't advise Alaric on how to get through grief.  You burned down your house and turned off your switch when Jer died, then had Ric erase your memories when Damon disappeared into 1994.  You don't know how to handle grief so shut up already!  Second:  Elena again.  The scene with Elena, BonBon and CareBear was good because those three really looked like they were crying for real.  Well, CA and KG.  In a way, I thought ND just looked like she was ready to get the hell out of there but I digress.  When Elena said she was going to sacrifice for Bonnie, I thought, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  (WTF?)  She will be getting beauty sleep, then wake up as a twenty year old and (probably) will have Damon waiting for her.  She is sacrificing NOTHING!  But of course, it's all about her.  And was she really saying anything to anyone or were they all projecting onto her what they thought she would say?  Hmmm.

The dance was weird.

On to the good.  Stefan saying that he loved his brother more was awesome!  I could just hear tens of thousands of cheers around the country at that acknowledgement.  Also, Damon fooling Bonnie so he could fool Kai then come back and save Bonnie.  Yay!  My Bamon heart runneth over.

The other good:  Liv is dead.  The coven is dead.  Jo is dead.  I didn't know if Matt Davis could act or not.  Ric didn't seem like a role that was real demanding, but MD brought it tonight.  His crying scenes were incredible.  Also, when he pulled the trigger ... wow.

The bad:  Lily and Enzo are alive.  The time jump.  How far into the future are they?  Matt is still young and evidently an officer of the law.  Too bad he is still in MF. Tyler is a wolf again.  It's too bad that Damon, the only functioning vampire on "his side" was busy at the hospital.  Would have been nice if he had cured Tyler. Was his wound really life threatening?  I kept thinking he was pretty functional for being at death's door.

Edited by Goldmoon
  • Love 1

I honestly think they should have just killed her. This spell hanging over Bonnie's head sucks. I hope ND never comes back, which I can assume is pretty safe given the recent IRL IS wedding and ND's desire to move the frak on.

• Love 1

Wow, I liked this one.  Only a few missteps.  First those:  Elena baby, you can't advise Alaric on how to get through grief.  You burned down your house and turned off your switch when Jer died, then had Ric erase your memories when Damon disappeared into 1994.  You don't know how to handle grief so shut up already!  Second:  Elena again.  The scene with Elena, BonBon and CareBear was good because those three really looked like they were crying for real.

I'm not gonna hate on Elena tonight, but when she was advising Ric about how to handle grief, I was like, "...Elena, literally every woman he's ever loved has died in some horrible way. He's been through this shit."

The scene with the girls was what broke me, but I liked all of the goodbyes.

• Love 4

I honestly think they should have just killed her. This spell hanging over Bonnie's head sucks. I hope ND never comes back, which I can assume is pretty safe given the recent IRL IS wedding and ND's desire to move the frak on.

Only they already said she may come back for the series finale. I want Kat to just leave this show. They have screwed over Bonnie once again. 

Only they already said she may come back for the series finale. I want Kat to just leave this show. They have screwed over Bonnie once again. 

Yeah me too. To kill off Bonnie for a Delena reunion is cheap and pathetic. Pretty silly, I wonder how tied to the outcome KG is. Hopefully ND will land a movie or IS and that girl will be so blissfully happy (eyeroll) that ND won't be arsed to return. Or maybe KG will have the good sense to leave mid-season and they'll be screwed for an outcome for 12 episodes. Ha! Suckas! That's what you get!

• Love 1

I am really really upset they killed Jo and her babies.

I was thinking it would turn out for Jo to have had vampire blood in her system and was going to be resurrected as a permanently pregnant vampire with tiny little vampire fetuses. This show is fucked up enough that I was expecting that. I can't decide if I'm glad or disappointed to be wrong.

• Love 2
(edited)

The sad thing is I don't even think Plec is actively trying to be dismissive of Bonnie's character anymore I think she actually might even have been trying to make up for things. I just think she sucks so much at this that she always ends up being the Amelia Bedelia of the writer's room. I also don't think she realizes how shitty it is to wipe out Alaric's third gf AND his babies in one fell swoop. She could have let one baby live at least or let Jo live or Liv or something. She just killed an entire family? God I feel like Bonnie asking Kai this in the prison world.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh I don't care about Alaric, his kids or his would be wife. Matt Davis ruined that a long time ago, every time I see his face I spit nails. I just wish Alaric would have offed himself.

And I don't know what to say about Julie because she honestly treats Bonnie like a second or third thought, but I guess it's because she can't self insert.

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 2
(edited)

The good: ELENA IS GONE!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!! Maybe now we can get a half decent show going again because Elena Gilbert has been at the core of most every problem with this show so maybe, just maybe, the writing can improve now that they don't have to have her drag down the show, though I'm not holding my breath. Now the cure is off the table too, and let's be honest, despite attempts to make it look like he would have I doubt many bought that Damon was ever going to take that cure nor was anyone else of significance anyway. They also killed off the annoying ritualistic murderers the Gemini coven including Liv (though I didn't mind Liv and Jo that much) and Kai is FINALLY dead. My head has been screaming "KILL THE GUY ALREADY!!!" ever since he got out of the 1994 world and it's good to see them actually do it after a dozen opportunities. It was also nice to see Kai back as the completely immoral psychopath he started as and that they killed him before he had a chance to decay into harmlessness like most every other villain on this show does when they are around for more than a season.

The bad: How they got rid of Elena. Putting her in a sleeping beauty state instead of having her die means they can just bring her back if and when they ever get Nina back on board. If nothing else the writers have been very consistent about ignoring things they've already established so they can make the plot they want now to work so they'd probably do it without having to kill Bonnie in the process too. I am so sick and tired of the writers being scared to actually COMMIT to the death of anybody of actual importance and say "dead is dead" these days and just coming up with one asspull after another to avoid killing anybody for good anymore, they do the same thing on The Originals. It's hard to care about anybody dying or being sealed up when we all know they could be brought back at any time. Aside from that there actually isn't much bad here.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1

Oh I don't care about Alaric, his kids or his would be wife. Matt Davis ruined that a long time ago, every time I see his face I spit nails. I just wish Alaric would have offed himself.

And I don't know what to say about Julie because she honestly treats Bonnie like a second or third thought, but I guess it's because she can't self insert.

What did Matt do that ruined that?

(edited)

What did Matt do that ruined that?

Oh not pudding pop. Matt the actor is a total douchecanoe though, a racist, insensitive douchecanoe. From misunderstanding the racist undertones of the writing for Bonnie to dismissing and admonishing the mother of a terminally ill child for trying to trend something in his honour, to writing really creepy, fucked up fanfic under an even creepier name. He is simply...the worst. I agree they should have let Alaric off himself and we'll see what we can finally make of Enzo, at least MM seems to have good social media etiquette.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

I actually like the Bonnie/Elena twist. Whatever the last season ends up being, it seems inevitable that the big storyline will involve finding a cure that will allow both Bonnie and Elena to stay alive. I expect Nina to show up in the last 1-3 episodes of the show. I think the big twist that will culminate whenever they do end up finding the cure is that all of Elena's doppelgangers will survive too--including Katherine.

I also think Matt will do all he can to protect Bonnie. He and Bonnie are my one big couple on this show.

Ugh, Caroline. I haven't forgiven her for her awful (and boring) behaviour the last several episodes. She has not atoned for her misdeeds nor suffered any consequences.

I don't love Lily but I think the actress is quite good. There's still potential to be mined. But Enzo is utterly useless.

• Love 3

The sad thing is I don't even think Plec is actively trying to be dismissive of Bonnie's character anymore I think she actually might even have been trying to make up for things. 

Ding! Ding! Ding!

This is the first season that I've ever seen anyone actively point out how much Bonnie does for the team and how little she gets back. There has been an actual journey this season with Bonnie's character that hasn't happened in ages. Her parents die, she becomes crazy evo-powerful, becomes ~*anchor*~ and it's all back to normal a few weeks later.  This season, they finally had her:

• Acknowledge how awesome she is.
  • Actively realize how important she is in the scheme of things. 
  • Not be Ms. Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice after Kai absorbed Luke. She was pissed and no one questioned that. 
  • Acknowledge that she does in fact sacrifice herself for her friends constantly.
  • Have other characters acknowledge that she does sacrifice herself for her friends constantly.
  • Acknowledge that, yeah, she should probably actually look out for herself once 'n a while and she did in spite of everyone else.
  • Actually recognize evil and deal with it in cooperation with another character. Usually she's helping them, but no, Damon helped her.
  • Then in the end - another character - the one who is probably "the most" team Elena chooses to let her live because they're genuinely friends. 

There are certain moments in a show when you can tell it's the writers speaking to and as the audience:  

Kai:  "Your friends think you're funny? Cause maybe ... if you were funny ... if you were the one with the good jokes who they could always count on to make them laugh, maybe they'd be cool with letting you live instead of Elena?"

Bonnie: "You're right! Sadistic humor is your thing. I'm just the one who does magic.

That's who Bonnie has been the entire run of the series, "the one who does magic." She has literally been, 1-800-DialAWitch for years. This season finally someone sees her as more than that. Not just as a quick, throw away either.  There's no one referencing Bonnie and then forgetting about her for several episodes.  There's no, "implied" friendship with no actual friendship-like-actions. None of these people have a problem killing anyone. Technically Damon even killed (and then vamped against her will) Bonnie's mother.

However, in the end Damon liked her so much that he was willing to put off his time with Elena so she could live a full life. Yes, Bonnie lives because she has become his best friend, who sacrificed her self for him, who he calls at night when he needs advice and who he cooked for everyday for months. 

That is miles away from where the two of them were at the beginning of the series. They have both come a long way.

• Love 9

Oh not pudding pop. Matt the actor is a total douchecanoe though, a racist, insensitive douchecanoe. From misunderstanding the racist undertones of the writing for Bonnie to dismissing and admonishing the mother of a terminally ill child for trying to trend something in his honour, to writing really creepy, fucked up fanfic under an even creepier name. He is simply...the worst. I agree they should have let Alaric off himself and we'll see what we can finally make of Enzo, at least MM seems to have good social media etiquette.

I knew you meant "ErnestoRiley" but I stopped paying attention to the actor so long ago, that I didn't know any of the above. I just remember him promoting really irresponsible conspiracy theories after the Boston Marathon bombing. 

I quite like MM. I was kind of hoping that Alaric and Jo would make it and leave Mystic Falls. I like Alaric, but yeah, I have concerns about the actor.

• Love 1

I knew you meant "ErnestoRiley" but I stopped paying attention to the actor so long ago, that I didn't know any of the above. I just remember him promoting really irresponsible conspiracy theories after the Boston Marathon bombing. 

I quite like MM. I was kind of hoping that Alaric and Jo would make it and leave Mystic Falls. I like Alaric, but yeah, I have concerns about the actor.

Are you serious? Wow. Someone needs to ban that dude from social media for like...ever. Yeah I agree, I wish that Alaric and Jo had just left although it is his own fault since Damon told him to kill Kai a million times and he chose to listen to a woman he knew for 3 months over him and if he had helped Bonnie secure Kai to begin with this never would have happened. So he kind of made his own bed in that sense. Those poor twins though, all of them. Such a dumb family altogether.

Yeah, I'm serious. I think some of it was the failings of twitter, in that, if I'm in the Eastern time zone and you're in the Pacific, and I retweet you (or vice versa, it is late, I'm tired, etc.) the time on the RT does not match the time stamp from the original tweet in its original zone. It's been a while now, but if I recall correctly, I called him out on at least one tweet and he ended up deleting.

Plus, there was that creepy Dobrev-centric fanfic he posted. I didn't know about racist stuff or the ill child stuff, though. Yuck. Sometimes, I think I'd be much happier if I didn't follow any actors or writers on social media.

Um, topic? Yes. I did think Matt Davis did a great job with his role, tonight. He broke my heart, and I really liked Jo (and how beautiful did she look), so I was sorry to learn she was truly dead. I'd been holding out hope that she was only almost dead.

I'm guessing (hoping?) if it's just for the series finale (rather than an arc), it would be a flash-forward which takes place after Bonnie has lived a very long and happy life.

• Love 1

I'm guessing (hoping?) if it's just for the series finale (rather than an arc), it would be a flash-forward which takes place after Bonnie has lived a very long and happy life.

Either that or like someone said up thread, they will magically find a way to break the spell so Bonnie doesn't have to die for Elena to wake up.