Type keyword(s) to search

Rehab Addict - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I found it interesting that HGTV has a new renovation show called "Good Bones." It's especially interesting because Rehab Addict has been demoted to DIY for this season while a new show with essentially the same premise, besides the mother daughter angle, takes its place. 

• Love 3

That was the most underwhelming finale reveal, I've ever seen. Apparently mid century modern restoration is all about stucco and concrete. Oh, and a transparent glass door so people don't look creepy when you view them from the inside.

I used to like this show. Unfortunately, it really went out with a whimper.

• Love 4

I found it interesting that HGTV has a new renovation show called "Good Bones." It's especially interesting because Rehab Addict has been demoted to DIY for this season while a new show with essentially the same premise, besides the mother daughter angle, takes its place.

Thanks for the heads up. I watched 3 episodes back to back on demand, and I quite enjoyed it. Hopefully there'll be more coming soon. Surely the Property Brothers could use a break.

• Love 2

Who wouldn't want someone else to pay for you family home renovation?! I thought the house looked great but nothing too spectacular. I had no idea this show moved to DIY. Somehow I missed the final reveal on the mansion style house with the corner windows Juliet window (can't recall what they are exactly called) and, then thought HGTV just cancelled the show. I never thought to look elsewhere. So, the grandparents mid century house reveal was S7/Ep06. Is this that the most recent season? I think I got lost after the Minnehaha House season. How old is her son now?

Which son? Isn't her newest a boy too?

She started on DIY, then they started showing reruns on HGTV, then new shows, so they basically moved her back to where she started.

I was talking about Ethan? I think that's his name. I'm guessing 16-17 now.

I'm confused by this last episode, she did repairs to a neighbor's house? Has the point of the show changed? She isn't doing restorations, she's doing repairs. I wonder if this has something to do with the show being on DIY instead of HGTV?

There's been nothing about restoration this whole season. She didn't restore her grandparent's home, she just reno'd it.

I really wonder if her money issues preclude her buying new houses to semi-restore/flip.  Someone else was paying for the roof on the house this week, and there was an awful lot of "contractors watching with smiles while Nicole does something for a few minutes." 

The show's lost its way.

• Love 1

I'm mystified. This wasn't an historic barn, it was 1950s or 70s or something. Her grandfather was right - this wasn't worth restoring, or putting money into it. And she didn't restore it, in any case. She turned it into what she wanted - a folly. 

Those front doors are a mess - poorly hung, out of whack. 

No handrail on the stairs. I don't know what she means this barn to be, but it'd never pass inspection that way. 

She bought the property to get the barn? 

• Love 1

This season was a boring mess.  I didn't bother to watch them all.  It may have been important to Nicole to restore her family home but there was nothing significant about this home to restore it to, except her own personal emotions. 

• Love 2

Nicole posted this to her FB page on 5/28/16. Glad her Gram got to see the finished house.

"My Gram passed away. There's nothing that will numb this. I will never match her accomplishments, her grace, her heart. Please pray for my Gramps, 70 years he had with her."

• Love 1

Nicole's at it again: HGTV star may lose north Minneapolis project amid allegations of incomplete work

Not so much allegations as fact - she bought it years ago for $2, had a year to make substantial work, and has done very little. She claims contractor issues, but apparently she owes the contractors she hired $38k for other work, so it's not a big surprise that they're not doing work for her.

And of course, she's saying it's all about haters and stuff: HGTV star hits back angrily on Facebook after neighbors reported the dilapidated state of $2 home she promised to renovate.

• Love 1

Wow

Nicole Curtis had been threatening her mom since last year “due to her hate for me,” Joan Curtis wrote in the restraining order request.

Joan Curtis, 57, told Langton she has received threatening and harassing calls and “horrible” emails from her daughter, dating back to disputes over the care of the elder Curtis’ mother, Nicole’s grandmother, in Florida and more recently denying them access to their recent grandson.

“She (Nicole) is a control freak and mean and nasty,” Joan Curtis said. “People in the hospital wouldn’t pay any attention to me because she was the ‘Rehab Addict’ — she was the star and had been there first.

“She calls and sends me email on how she hates me and how I have never been a mother to her and have never supported her ... I just don’t want it anymore.

“She’s crazy and I’m tired of it. I can’t trust her.”

You sure can't tell all this from the show. She always has her parents come to the houses she working on, & they help her out, & Ethan stayed with them a number of times, & all the time they were at war?

17 hours ago, GaT said:

Wow

You sure can't tell all this from the show. She always has her parents come to the houses she working on, & they help her out, & Ethan stayed with them a number of times, & all the time they were at war?

How long has it been since her mom was on? Her grandparents, yeah. Some cousins too.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:36 PM, Lola16 said:

So sad.  I remember an episode with her mom. Nicole was looking at a dilapidated old house in MN and her mom came in to help scavenge. Hope they can patch it up.  Did Ethan graduate from HS yet?

She's in PEOPLE mag this week. Doesn't want her new sons father to have overnights because her son is under two. Doesn't like that the court can make her share her kid 50% of the time. 

I barely recognized her from the pic. Either heavily photoshopped or she's had lots of work done. Looks like new teeth too.

Sad about her mom, they seemed close on the show. Maybe issues over the baby and the custody  battle? There's no mention of her dad. He was always helping her too. Wonder how Ethan feels about  that situation, he spent a lot of time with his grandparents.

She does seem like a hard to get along with person.  Her way or the highway type.

Edited by iwasish

From my armchair, Nicole appears to be a stunning specimen of borderline personality disorder. She can't help pushing people out of her life. But she'll pull them back in again, just because. Then push. It keeps her in the news too; otherwise, who'd remember her name?

• Love 3

Have y'all seen Kellyanne Conway, Trump's campaign manager? It's been driving me crazy who she reminds me of, but seeing this, I know now.

Edited to add: she skips right over all her time in L.A., doesn't she? Like dating Dave Coulier.

Edited by txvoodoo

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/nicole-curtis-custody-battle-son-ethan-rehab-addict/.  

I cant believe everything in this article. I thought all those millions of court dates filed and court stories had to do with her youngest sons father, now it's her older son's father as well as her son himself! 

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious. BUT, maybe if you had a stable relationship with the men you have kids with then you could have children without all this court drama.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chai said:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/nicole-curtis-custody-battle-son-ethan-rehab-addict/.  

I cant believe everything in this article. I thought all those millions of court dates filed and court stories had to do with her youngest sons father, now it's her older son's father as well as her son himself! 

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious. BUT, maybe if you had a stable relationship with the men you have kids with then you could have children without all this court drama.

Well now we know why Ethan disappeared from the show. So, she's feuding with her exs, she's feuding with her mother, & now she's feuding with her oldest son. At a certain point you would think she would stop & wonder if maybe she was doing something wrong to be at war with everybody. She must have her lawyer on retainer for all these lawsuits.

• Love 2

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/home-garden/article109396712.html

According to this, Nicole says she hid her pregnancy. Color me crazy, but I remember the silhouette shot in the window, and then the very pregnant pics of her on the beach reno show, and them mentioning it.

Gosh, she likes to rewrite history.

Radar online had more articles about her custody battle with the new baby's father, as well. 

There's no one in her life that isn't fighting with her, is there?

6 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/home-garden/article109396712.html

According to this, Nicole says she hid her pregnancy. Color me crazy, but I remember the silhouette shot in the window, and then the very pregnant pics of her on the beach reno show, and them mentioning it.

Gosh, she likes to rewrite history.

Radar online had more articles about her custody battle with the new baby's father, as well. 

There's no one in her life that isn't fighting with her, is there?

No kidding. In the beach reno show they made a big deal about her being pregnant in the 1st episode.

• Love 1

Nicole is estranged from her mom, (they used to be close) and she seemed sincere and even handed to me.  Sadly, Nicole just can't be happy.  Sad.  I used to like her show, but, I have trouble enjoying see people get in their own way.  Hopefully, the courts will ensure the child is afforded equal time with each parent.  And if dad gets his rights, he'll ensure that all grandparents get to know the child as well.  

• Love 3

I guess nobody is really watching this show anymore, but granted, with all the mini-marathons Scripps network channels like to do, Rehab Addict tends to not be one of them and I don't care enough to pay attention to any new episodes.

But they're showing some reruns now and just a thought I'm having is that when she's rehabbing these houses that are in the upper Midwest where winters are frigid and temperatures reside below zero, why doesn't she budget for heating elements underneath the floors? Wood gets really cold in the winter. She wants to keep the aesthetic of the early 1900s when these houses were built when the technology for heating houses didn't exist, I get that, but update them to reflect current day home heating technology. Just some sort of cost-effective and efficient way of heating the home.

Conversely, the same for cooling the house in the summer because the upper Midwest becomes an oven.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Automne said:

I guess nobody is really watching this show anymore, but granted, with all the mini-marathons Scripps network channels like to do, Rehab Addict tends to not be one of them and I don't care enough to pay attention to any new episodes.

But they're showing some reruns now and just a thought I'm having is that when she's rehabbing these houses that are in the upper Midwest where winters are frigid and temperatures reside below zero, why doesn't she budget for heating elements underneath the floors? Wood gets really cold in the winter. She wants to keep the aesthetic of the early 1900s when these houses were built when the technology for heating houses didn't exist, I get that, but update them to reflect current day home heating technology. Just some sort of cost-effective and efficient way of heating the home.

Conversely, the same for cooling the house in the summer because the upper Midwest becomes an oven.

She's still on DIY Network for a mini-marathon at least 1 day a week.

I'm laughing though - you said "budget". She can't even budget for proper countertops, instead using leftover beadboard (bathroom. GROSS) or a hollow-core door (kitchen) or whatever. 

As far as energy efficiency, she won't even spring for reproduction modern windows. I can't even imagine how drafty her homes are. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, chessiegal said:

Other than the re-run marathons on DIY, is this show still in production (i.e. new shows)?

I just read tonight that she will be back for Season 8. Not sure, but I think it will be on DIY. And of course, now I can't even remember where I saw this, so that's all I got for now.

She's on the outs with her mother, son Ethan and in the middle of a nasty custody battle over her youngest son. I imagine another season of the show will be tough, but she needs the income.  She's looking pretty ragged in the pictures I've seen of her lately so  I think things are taking a toll on her. 

Oh, I see.  It's unfortunate.  She seemed to be so talented and innovative.  She seemed like a hard worker too.  Something seemed to go off though.  Now, she just can't seem to get out of her own way. 

• Love 1

She's going to lose custody of her baby if she doesn't stop interfering with the father's visitation.

IMO, she's using the fact that she's breastfeeding as a way to deny/restrict the father from having overnight/out of town visitation. She insists she needs to tag a long to feed the baby ( not so little anymore I think he's well over a year).

As much of a control freak as she was over her houses, looks like she's doing to same with the child. 

• Love 1

I have to say, I'm surprised to see new episodes are coming on DIY. I won't be watching, especially after she disrespected posters in this board. I thought maybe she was too much of a special snowflake for the network to deal with. Guess she has enough adoring fans to support it.

• Love 2

I watched tonight's episode just to see if she's changed. She's allegedly restoring old houses again, but we're not seeing the nice stuff that brought us in at first - now it's just her drama and a manic pace. I swear, she started talking about staging one of the two houses she did in this episode before 10 minutes had gone. There's none of the "how to". 

She sounds like she's an ADHD kid.

And then we got to see her stealing someone's lunch. 

And more of her really bad staining. 

This was just badly produced and edited. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

This was just badly produced and edited. 

It felt rushed to me, I wonder if they aren't doing as many episodes as they have in other seasons so she has to jam more in.

• Love 3

Wow this season is awful!  She’s not restoring, she’s flipping houses just like all the other shows.  So ok, whatever.  But now she whistles for her workers like they’re dogs and eats their lunches?  I used to love Nicole but now she’s not even likeable.  WTF happened to her?

• Love 5