Type keyword(s) to search

Rehab Addict - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

When the show first started I thought Nicole was reasonably attractive.  Now when I look at her all I can see is Skelator.  She looks horrible, with a sunken-in face like a crack addict.

• Love 2

Nicole had a run in with a thief! http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2015/09/09/nicole-curtis-hgtv-star-says-she-escaped-carjacking/71962462/

Although this is how she tells it:

CORRECTION TO ALMOST EVERY NEWS STORY OUT THERE:
I was with my family this week. A black SUV was parked running in front of our vehicle when we approached our car. As we were loading into the car, one of the passengers jumped out of the black suv, jumped INTO my driver's seat -went for keys (they were with me outside passenger side) they then grabbed my large work bag NOT purse from where they were sitting in my car. It contained my laptop and several other items. Jumped into the black SUV and drove off.
I called 911 -I then walked a block to Where police were.
It's unfortunate that the news decided to run their own version. It kind of reminds of that game telephone we played in Junior High
Be safe -be aware. And thank you for all the emails, texts, phone calls of concern.
  • Love 1

When RehabAddict first started (possibly on the DIY channel), Nicole launched a Facebook page somewhere shortly after. There were hardly any people following her at that time.  Just after New Years, she posted a pic of herself in a slinky, silky almost slip-looking dress that went to the floor, and said it was her wedding dress and that she'd just been married. In fact, she wrote a little paragraph about how she was so busy, she just bought the first dress she came to that fit, and how her and her groom had a very simple wedding with only close friends.

Because I'm nosy, I Googled her name and found dozens of photos of her and a very handsome man attending many social events together. I assumed that was the man she'd married.  A few weeks later, the Facebook post was deleted and there was never any public mention of her being married.  Now, Googling her name won't even turn up photos of her with the handsome man from that time.

A few weeks ago I stumbled across her Facebook timeline again, and she had a lengthy rant on the trouble her family was causing her, the infighting, backstabbing, fame-seeking family members, and so forth. That post now seems to be gone also.

Edited to Add (ETA): Her parents were featured in previous episodes, but she does not seem to mention them AT ALL now in interviews, FB posts, etc.  It's all about her Grandpa.

She seems like a nice lady, with a big following. But there may be something to some of the rumors about her being irrational at times.

Edited by AutumnLeaves
  • Love 1

But there may be something to some of the rumors about her being irrational at times.

Her rants on this forum are enough confirmation for me. I realize anyone can start an account under the name "Nicole Curtis", but the writing style, or should I say ranting style, were pure Nicole.

• Love 2

Boots on the ground report for all who might be interested in the new season of Rehab Addict:

There was an open house this past Sunday at the Ransom-Gillis house that will be the subject of the new season of RA, which starts this week.  A few of my friends and I decided we’d go check out Nicole’s latest project. It’s my understanding that she acted as more of a consultant/historian on this project and the money was contributed by Dan Gilbert, of Quicken Loans, who’s been investing a lot of money in downtown Detroit. 

I believe the house was built around 1875 but had fallen into complete disrepair. Judging from the photos that were displayed in the house, it was little more than a shell when the rehabilitation began.  The house sits on a block that must have been something in its heyday, but now this very large house sits on the corner, there is a wreck of a house more or less next to it, a vacant lot and then two more wrecks. There is fencing around the other three houses, and it’s my understanding that they will be rehabilitated too, but probably not to the extent the R-G house has been. They all had some new roofing on them, probably because none of them had roofs to start with, that’s what bad shape they’re in. But you can see they have beautiful bones.

Comerica Park (where the Detroit Tigers play) and Ford Field (where the Detroit Lions pretend to play) are very close by. There is an assisted living facility that looks well-kept at the far end of the block, but the neighborhood definitely is a mixed bag. We waited in line for about 3-1/2 hours (I know! Crazy!) so we had plenty of time to look around. There are some houses that have been renovated but plenty of boarded-up, old beautiful houses as well. I did get the impression that if Gilbert does work on several houses in the immediate area, the neighborhood could make a comeback; it feels like it’s poised to do so. It will be interesting to see where things stand in a year or two. There was a huge crowd – we entered around 1100 (they were keeping count) and I would guess that there were easily 2000 people total who toured the house.

The house has been made into a duplex – one unit is about 1900 sf and the other about 2500 sf. We were told that nothing original of the flooring or glass or tiles were left when they started renovating.  Anne Baxter has done a lot of beautiful glass work, including a large rosette stained glass window and then I kept noticing others as we went through. The glass looked old and so perfect for the house. I love Anne’s work!

I believe there were a total of five bathrooms. Every one of them was completely familiar – white subway tile with dark grout, hexagonal tiles on the floor (at least one had a snowflake pattern, and I believe one was black and white), white marble countertops, shiny stainless steel fixtures. You know – Nicole bathrooms. (ETA that after looking at some of the photos in the Detroit Free Press, at least one bathroom had wood floors - there was a lot to take in!) The one thing that I just couldn’t get past was that in one bathroom, there were large windows, almost floor-to-ceiling, with absolutely no window treatments on them. Directly in front of one window was a claw foot tub, and directly in front of the other was a completely see-through shower stall. I mean, there was NO privacy – you would be there for the whole world to see, no way to avoid it! I hope that window treatments just weren’t ready or something, because honestly, that’s just ridiculous to place a tub and shower like that!

Many of the walls were left with exposed brick, which looks cool, I guess, but certainly not historically accurate. Usually we only see a brick chimney in the kitchen or a bedroom, but there was a lot more exposed brick in this house. The floors looked really nice (they were new and professionally done), and the house is loaded with charm.  Closets were surprisingly huge, though right now they are mostly like attached rooms, no clothes racks or shelving are in them – maybe that’s another detail that wasn’t quite completed yet. There’s a really cool turret on the front of the house too, where a little desk was placed. Beautiful stair railings. Jason the custom woodworking guy was there, and we saw a JD Engle Construction Truck there too, so obviously this project used a lot of Nicole’s cohorts from other projects. Nicole came out several times to work the crowd.

We were told on FB that no photos would be allowed inside the house at all, and it was rumored that  Nicole was more than a little unhappy when the Quicken Loans/Gilbert people allowed local media like MLive and The Detroit Free Press to take and publish photos. I don’t remember how to do fancy links or if I need a spoiler alert, but if anyone is interested to see some photos, they can be found at: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2015/08/nicole_curtis_ransom_gillis_re.html

If you go there, be sure to read the comments. Interesting stuff there.

I was glad to have seen the house in person, and it will be fun to watch the process on the show after having seen the finished project!

Edited by ellebelle
  • Love 3

I had read that Mr. Quicken wasn't very happy with Nicole and her demand that no photos be taken inside the house. I guess on one hand I agree with her since the whole basis for the renovation is for a tv show which is Rehab Addict. On the other hand, all the hard work that was done and should be shown by a proud Mr. Quicken. That said, you'd think all of this would have been discussed long before the unveiling this past weekend.

Anyway, I watched the first 2 episodes and she (they) did a great job on the dinning room & kitchen. The place from the outside (in the original pictures) looked ginormous. It's hard to believe it was just one house back in the day. I put the show back on my season pass and I'm looking forward to watching it be completed.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

I had read that Mr. Quicken wasn't very happy with Nicole and her demand that no photos be taken inside the house. I guess on one hand I agree with her since the whole basis for the renovation is for a tv show which is Rehab Addict. On the other hand, all the hard work that was done and should be shown by a proud Mr. Quicken. That said, you'd think all of this would have been discussed long before the unveiling this past weekend.

Anyway, I watched the first 2 episodes and she (they) did a great job on the dinning room & kitchen. The place from the outside (in the original pictures) looked ginormous. It's hard to believe it was just one house back in the day. I put the show act on my season pass and I'm looking forward to watching it be completed.

She was very flirty with Mr. Quicken.  And damn, Reba, her floor guy has lost a ton of weight and looks great. I love how he loves working on the wood floors and his tips like using old carpet scraps as inexpensive stain applicators and buffers. Like he said you have plenty of carpet scraps when doing a remodel.

She was wearing plenty of low cut shirts and giving the workers an eyeful (her chest is much bigger now with the baby). I guess she's overcome her fear of heights too.  

• Love 2

I caught up with the new show, that is one big house they're doing. I thought the kitchen & dining rooms came out nice, especially with Reba doing the floors, he stains so much better than she does.

• Love 1

I lived in Detroit in the early 60's. A big old Tudor like she remodeled a couple seasons ago. I was only about 8/9 when we moved back to NJ, but I remember the fireplace, the huge bedrooms and the staircase. The leaded glass windows and the small breakfast nook. Detroit went downhill and very quickly soon after we moved.

I can't watch this shiw because of her voice. I know we can't help the way our voices sound, but hers is very grating, like nails on a chalkboard.

Yeah the shrieking gets to me also. Plus that  big deep hole in her neck grosses me out. I do enjoy the way she stages house. I like the quirky touches and knick knacks. One question about all these shows.... why do they insist on putting a basket of towels on the floor right next to the toilet? It just seems so unsanitary. I keep thinking of kids and men with bad aim peeing all over them. 

• Love 2

Yeah the shrieking gets to me also. Plus that  big deep hole in her neck grosses me out. I do enjoy the way she stages house. I like the quirky touches and knick knacks. One question about all these shows.... why do they insist on putting a basket of towels on the floor right next to the toilet? It just seems so unsanitary. I keep thinking of kids and men with bad aim peeing all over them. 

YES!!! That hole in her neck is so deep. I saw a commercial yesterday and I was thinking that it was kind of weird. 

I've never noticed the hole in the neck and now it's all I'll be looking for. Her voice has annoyed me but I guess I've gotten used to it. The house is looking great. The stainglass window was amazing. The bedroom & master bath were beautiful.

This is the first project of hers that I have seen & thought that the staining looked great. Reba must be doing all of it, & she redid a bathroom without a black & white octagonal floor!

I thought the new stairs were great, but the stain was way too dark - it looks like paint! If you're using such nice wood for them, use a stain that lets the grain show through.

The new "I'm such a dumb blonde" (ugh) moment in her new opening is "Like a ticker day parade!" (sic). Just stop talking, Nicole. 

• Love 1

I thought the new stairs were great, but the stain was way too dark - it looks like paint! If you're using such nice wood for them, use a stain that lets the grain show through.

The new "I'm such a dumb blonde" (ugh) moment in her new opening is "Like a ticker day parade!" (sic). Just stop talking, Nicole.

Okay, the notifications I kept getting from this forum sucked me back in, I actually watched the staircase episode. I missed any others, did she announce her baby on the earlier ones? I know she has been keeping it a huge secret for some reason, and using her pregnancy to get attention by dropping little teasers. She posted a few FB comments that were very "I have a secret but I can't tell, pay attention to me, but I deserve privacy, leave me alone, I didn't ask for fame!" She's truly nuts, it's a baby, people have them all the time, what's the big deal? It's 6 months old already, not announcing it gets more attention though. I know she had her baby in mid May, I know someone who ran into her in June, the baby appeared to be a boy, but who knows, maybe it's a girl and she's hiding the fact by dressing her in boys clothes, because of privacy.

The Brush Park house they visited was amazing, I think the owners name was Mona, what a gorgeous house! That is a preservation project, what Nicole is doing is a renovation, that was a perfect example of the difference. Nicole had no idea the staircase should have been complete to the top, instead of dead ending at the ceiling, until she saw Mona's house. Then when she sees the GC Chuck she says, "Do you see what I see, the staircase is totally screwed" and starts complaining the stairs are a mess, she "just realized it, and they have to be changed. It would ave been great to catch this earlier on but we didn't. She can't live with knowing it's wrong." No, Nicole, you didn't "miss" that detail, you had no clue it wasn't right until Mona showed you a period correct staircase. Perhaps Nicole could educate herself on what was done in the past, the Internet is full of information, and she considers herself an expert after all! That's what drives me nuts about Nicole, instead if saying, "Wow, that's what our staircase should look like, I had no idea, let's make it right." Nicole pretends she knew all along, she's just so arrogant.

The carpenter who built that staircase did a great job, he knew his stuff and what was period correct, because he's a pro. I believe she said they were using poplar, (which is really a cheap utility wood) because it stains better than pine, during her staining demo for the camera. Then she mentions maple when she just can't wait to try the stain on the side of the stairs, and then she mentions oak treads. Did they really use so many different woods? The end result looked great on TV, if that is the case, and obviously someone more skilled than Nicole did the staining, but perhaps that is why it is so dark and hides the grain, there were so many types to blend.

One of the things that made me laugh was how Nicole had to put down her "satchel" to pretend to install a window. She's just too bad ass to carry a purse, she has a satchel, but really it's just a purse. I do not find her cutesy, flirty, mugging for the camera as adorable as she thinks it is. The tile guy obviously found her, and her mocking his English accent, pretty annoying, most of the crew seem to be annoyed by her! I'm sure she shows up with her camera crew and totally interrupts them.

I thought at the end of her last season, where she showed her pregnant belly, (but don't ask, she's a very private person) she said her next project was her grandparents' MCM house, did they mention that at the beginning of this season? So far the episode I tolerated has been a giant Quicken Loan commercial, but it is nice to see the house saved, and that wouldn't have happened without Quicken's big money. They did show quick shots of the other rooms, I do not like all the exposed brick, it's not at all period and way too trendy, plus exterior brick walls will be freezing in winter. It appeared that every room has at least one wall of brick, if not more. The kitchen appeared to have stainless steel appliances, and granite, or some composite, counters, which Nicole espouses to hate. Then again they looked like kitchens you could actually use, so we definitely know Nicole didn't have total say there. I didn't like the use of stainless appliances, brass cabinet hardware, copper lights, ugh, too many different metals! It will be interesting to see the finished apartments, I just wish Nicole wasn't in the show!

• Love 2

I laughed, too, about her cognitive dissonance when she has Quicken's money in her pocket. About the steps, she said she always has a slush fund for when things like that happen. Um, no, you don't, unless Quicken's there. That's why we've seen things like beadboard bathroom countertops (I can't help repeating it, that one still simultaneously makes me laugh and cringe!), so she could save money. It certainly wasn't for a practicle or design reason!

And yeah, she is very much "LOOK AT ME. DON'T LOOK AT ME!" The baby belly silhouette in the last shot of last season, the obvious pregnancy in that flipping show, and then nada. She's not even mentioning anymore how she's a single mom in the beginning of her episodes. I guess that was ok when Ethan was growing up, but not for the new baby?

I don't even know.  

• Love 1

I too attended this open house and the master bedroom was fantastic. My favorite part is the turret. The house had no roof for years, check Wikipedia, and was stripped. They couldn't strip the trim from the second floor as there were no floors.

The search is working again but they are links to Oakland County public records showing Nicole in court with the father of her kid and he's the plaintiff...Probably has a lot to do with her sudden need for "privacy" even though last season she used her pregnancy as a cliffhanger.  

This link is also quite interesting involving "E's" dad who she trashed on FB for not being involved....Guess he his now. That European trip makes a lot more sense now-trying to break the baby news to him with a trip. I imagine doing your last year at a new school in Detroit didn't appeal to him (don't blame him there) and I doubt Nicole was going to fly back and forth, like she claimed to do last year, with a baby. I wouldn't want to be stuck in that mess either-new baby, likely custody battle, new school in my senior year etc...Not a good deal.

https://courtexplorer.g2gcloud.com/oaklandcounty/SearchCases/ViewAction?CaseNo=QRUuyf4pyTm47sFekVKVtg%3d%3d&page=1

• Love 3

I don't know why Nicole was being so secretive about being pregnant in one forum while it was announced on the very 1st episode of the beachfront rehab show she was on that aired last summer. Weird.

Agree, chessiegal, it appeared David Bromstad ad-libbed that line, off-the-cuff.  I assumed she approved / sanctioned it b/c the story editor didn't cut it.

I also assumed they shot around her mid-section during the final RA episodes but decided the timing was such that (May due-date) they couldn't easily manage that during Beach Flip.

Perhaps her baby daddy desires privacy and wants to protect his child.  If the parents made a deal, did Nic use David to accidentally announce it?  Oopsie ... like the pregnancy!

And, now, litigation.  Hmmm - none of my business.  I'm enjoying the RG renovation.  Don't need Nicole's personal drama along with it!

As you guys probably know, however, it's tough to ignore those links, above, right???

Thanks to everyone who braved the Nov weather, taking one for the team to fill us in on the open house. And, ellebelle, thanks for posting the mlive link, especially the 84 pics! You mentioned some comments but I didn't see them. Did you mean this link?

http://www.mlive.com/business/detroit/index.ssf/2015/11/see_inside_nicole_curtis_renov.html

According to the reporter who commented, Mr. Quicken paid the freight and had every right to release the interior photos. Don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't stop viewing RA if I'd seen the photos in advance of this season. Any of you?

Interesting that the producers rec'd an incentive equal to 25% of their production costs from the MI Film Office. Sure, I'll name the program whatever you like in exchange for 211K!

Sounds like Nicole was reminded of her status as a consultant and spent the entire time sulking outside! True? Wouldn't it have been better to walk-through the home with Mr. Q and the press, commenting on the record, publicizing RA?

We'll probably never know but anyone else wonder if Mr. Quicken expected and contracted for a restoration but received a renovation? Although I've liked much of the work and loved the staircase, the RG home felt like a Nicole home - not period. Personally, I thought Nicole needed a consultant!

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 2

When Nicole was talking about how whenever anybody on the street seems someone in the turret they wave, all I could think of was isn't it part of a bedroom? Who wants a bedroom you always have to be dressed in?

The fireplace with the original mantle was seriously ugly, I couldn't stand looking at it all the time.

Can someone tell me what the case the links are to are about? Is Nicole in another case against an ex?

• Love 1

Yes, someone please knit together the story about the lawsuit against the latest baby daddy. I see she kept the vintage truck her gave her.

What exactly was Nicole's role in this project? She's not qualified to be the general contractor. She was chief decorator in charge? It very much looks like a Nicole House, even with a massively increased budget. Oh, and where's her American flag? Haven't seen that yet.

I'd be pretty peeved if I was working and she breezed in for a quick lesson on repointing brick and demanded work be stopped so she could play. The house renovation (not restoration) is pretty darn good, but I agree there's too much exposed brick (not authentic) and I agree the one original mantle was probably not worth saving. I'm all for saving original details, but only if they're worth it.

• Love 2

I agree that restoring a house like this is prohibitive. Basically, they're saving it, not restoring it, so they should stop calling it a restoration. And there's nothing wrong with that!

Slavish devotion to everything being historically accurate is ridiculous. This isn't the 19th century, it's the 21st. Our lives are different. We can appreciate and respect the beauty and craftstmanship of the past, AND utilize modern techniques to which give us stronger, more energy efficient homes which also work properly for our needs in this century. (New wiring, new plumbing, new HVAC). 

Once  upon a time, we lived in mud huts, then stick huts, and so on. We progress, or we die. That doesn't mean we all have to live in some scifi, modernist style. 

Like, I'm not against using the modern cabinetry and appliances in this house. Did it exist in the 1800s? Heck, no. Who'd want to cook over wood stoves like they did then? (Nicole, probably - except she doesn't cook, by her own admission). 

There's a show from the UK called "Restoration Man." It features old buildings that are being restored in new, interesting ways. Often, there's nothing left but a brick or stone shell. Also, often these structures are  "listed" - in the UK, that means they have a historical designation, which creates restrictions on how they can be restored. You can find a lot of these shows on youtube here - it's interesting to compare & contrast with Nicole's supposed accurate restorations. 

• Love 3

When Nicole was talking about how whenever anybody on the street seems someone in the turret they wave, all I could think of was isn't it part of a bedroom? Who wants a bedroom you always have to be dressed in?

The fireplace with the original mantle was seriously ugly, I couldn't stand looking at it all the time.

Can someone tell me what the case the links are to are about? Is Nicole in another case against an ex?

The open doorway to the turret appeared fairly small, such that someone in the bedroom (not the turret, itself) might not be visible.  Stagers / sellers / builders maximize light and minimize costs by leaving windows open; an owner or tenant can invest in window coverings.

I only took a quick peek at Nicole's personal dramas but it appeared she's the respondent in one Ethan matter plus a second case concerning the baby.

I'm sure everyone understands that, at best, the RG property would only be a partial restoration.  Isn't Nicole the one emphasizing "period details", using the "restoration" term?

Edited by aguabella

Yes, someone please knit together the story about the lawsuit against the latest baby daddy. I see she kept the vintage truck her gave her.

What exactly was Nicole's role in this project? She's not qualified to be the general contractor. She was chief decorator in charge? It very much looks like a Nicole House, even with a massively increased budget. Oh, and where's her American flag? Haven't seen that yet.

I'd be pretty peeved if I was working and she breezed in for a quick lesson on repointing brick and demanded work be stopped so she could play. The house renovation (not restoration) is pretty darn good, but I agree there's too much exposed brick (not authentic) and I agree the one original mantle was probably not worth saving. I'm all for saving original details, but only if they're worth it.

My quick peek at the case links made me believe they had something to do with her move to Detroit, relocating the baby from MN. Was that it, guys?

They're using the "consultant" title in those articles. Sounds like her role was whatever Mr. Quicken specified in their contract. She's not the GC. Did do the staging.

Didn't Reba place the obligatory flag outside when they returned from Mona's? It was quick and the camera focused on the flag, not the house, so, confusing and easy to miss.

It's much worse than a quick lesson, IMHO. Filming is extremely time consuming. They film each shot from every angle, repeating their dialogue, word for word, each time. They schedule / require 40 hours filming to produce 22 minutes of television. Yikes! Hopefully the guys negotiated a fee as extras instead of the basic (free) promotion deal.

• Love 2

I'm watching the Quicken Loan people doing the landscaping (in Quicken Loan shirts of course) & I'm wondering why. Why are Quicken Loan people doing this work? Why aren't landscaping professionals doing it? DId the employees "volunteer"? It's going to be a rental property, but I'm not sure who actually owns it. 

The staining in this house looks better than any other Nicole house, I'm guessing she didn't do any of it.

When they had all the people coming to look around, did one woman say she had a mobile home & was looking around for ideas?

• Love 1

I'm watching the Quicken Loan people doing the landscaping (in Quicken Loan shirts of course) & I'm wondering why. Why are Quicken Loan people doing this work? Why aren't landscaping professionals doing it? DId the employees "volunteer"? It's going to be a rental property, but I'm not sure who actually owns it. 

The staining in this house looks better than any other Nicole house, I'm guessing she didn't do any of it.

When they had all the people coming to look around, did one woman say she had a mobile home & was looking around for ideas?

GaT - The woman said she had an "older" home and was looking for ideas!

I think, considering all they (Quicken or whoever) must have spent on this project, HGTV could have squeezed 2-3 more episodes out of this house. Each episode they just seemed to show brief highlights on the work being done. I want my own turret. I would sit up there at night in the dark, watching life below. The stained glass lady does beautiful work, and I was glad to see they triple-paned her windows to protect against the elements (the Detroit elements probably include bb gun vandalism).

Earlier I complained about all the exposed brick but I guess that is as authentic as sheetrock, which also looked out of place in house of that era. What would have been used circa 1870 in Detroit? I'm thinking stucco. This Old House still has people who stucco in New England, so it's not like it's a lost art.

Final product was something to be proud of, as was standing in line with thousands of people to see it!

Edited by CN42

Earlier I complained about all the exposed brick but I guess that is as authentic as sheetrock, which also looked out of place in house of that era. What would have been used circa 1870 in Detroit? I'm thinking stucco. This Old House still has people who stucco in New England, so it's not like it's a lost art.

Plaster and lath. It would look very much like sheetrock, but would have horsehair or other fiber in it. They still have people who do it in the UK, I know. Not as much here - it's a lot of labor and labor is expensive. It also has its own drawbacks - the plaster which gets pushed through the lath eventually falls down and piles up in between the walls. And if you need to reinsulate, it's a nightmare.  Some say "well, plaster has better R value than drywall" but adding insulation, yeah, no. 

If it's there, and in good shape, keep it. But if you start off with a gutted house? Insulation +  drywall is the way to go, especially somewhere up north. Or down south! :) 

aquabella, yes, that's the link that had the comments in it - sorry if I posted one that didn't have them!

I enjoyed watching the series about the Ransom-Gillis House, mostly because that was one beautiful house!  And I must reiterate that Ann Baxter is an amazingly talented artist, as well as being completely lovely in person, very modest and appreciative that people loved her work.

I had mentioned in my previous post that I was bothered by the placement of the shower stall and tub directly in front of windows in the master bathroom and I noted that when the episode aired (not this week, maybe last?) the cameraman was very clever and, unless you knew to look for it, you wouldn't really notice. I wish they would have had Ann do a partial stained or leaded glass in those windows - would have made the bathroom more private while adding more of her beautiful work.

• Love 1

Plaster and lath. It would look very much like sheetrock, but would have horsehair or other fiber in it. They still have people who do it in the UK, I know. Not as much here - it's a lot of labor and labor is expensive.

Doh! I didn't mean stucco (for exteriors), I meant plaster! And yes, it's very labor intensive (= expensive) and they had a lot of square footage to cover. I understand why they used sheetrock. Like somebody said, it's not a museum, it's an old property they've modernized without going overboard.

Will the apartments be for sale or rent, anybody know?

• Love 1

Reading along for a few weeks, thought I'd finally join to comment on this topic. I have watched Rehab Addict from day one and truly love the show! After clicking n the above links I can definitely understand Nikki's need for privacy. Having been there done that custody battle myself 20 years ago by Daddy dearest. In defense of her, nobody knows the circumstances of her pregnancy. Custody, courts, prying cameras are stressful. I do hope she gets a handler to contain her private life so we can enjoy more RA without drama because imo it is something I look forward to watching. Having owned a ranch I'm looking forward to the next few shows to see what I missed out on by selling mine without doing a thing to get t out of the 60's. Currently in a 40's cape that is hopelessly stuck in the age of paneling over plaster lathe. RA is inspiring even tho my wallet is uninspiring.

RA without the drama?  Anyone see that happening??

If Nicole needs privacy, why does she personally post on her FB page, sometimes picking fights with viewers and fans?

And, why include Ethan (numerous times) and other members of her family on RA?

And, why the coy routine about her pregnancy?  None of my business - I don't care about it.  (I'm sure the production company would have edited out David Bromstad's mention of her pregnancy, if she'd requested it.)

JMHO but I believe Nicole loves and feeds off the drama.  BTW, she mentioned having both an assistant (probably provided by the network) and a life coach during this past season.  She still needs to get it together???

I merely glanced at the titles on her outstanding cases to answer a question, above.  Thinking about them, however, every situation has least two sides, IMHO.  How would any of us feel if an ex-partner was having our child but then up and moved to another state, 13 hours (driving distance) away? 

Gee, hadn't thought about it but is that why Nicole did the empty suitcase charade (hahaha) plus at least one airport run during the previous season?  Too funny!

Sorry, but, IMHO:  Rehab Addict = drama!  Or, restated, how about ... Drama Addict!

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 4

Is she joking about being a dog surrogate or a human surrogate we don't know. Is it her own baby, we don't know. She is clearly enjoying the attention.

Well, she seems to be getting plenty from people who don't like her, but still find time to stalk her FB. I am indifferent-to-positive towards Nicole, and have never looked at her social media posts. If people are worried about the "attention", they could always stop giving it to her.

• Love 2

Oooh, doesn't Nicole look so smart with her new black specs? It almost takes the attention away from her fake fun bags and her oversized phony chompers! Sorry, but she just seems so fake to me. I actually don't care how many babies she has with different guys, but enough with the coy act. I don't know if I'll be tuning in to her show about her redo of her family home, but it's an interesting premise.

Didn't her shows originally air on DIY? And then they started airing repeats on HGTV? So I don't think of new shows airing on DIY as moving her to there, more airing on the network she started on. As for am I watching? No. She turned me off after her tirades against viewers on this very forum.

• Love 3

Has anyone watched the new episodes? I haven't & forgot to DVR them. They've switched to DIY Network, right?

The show is on on both HGTV & DIY. The new episodes were called Rehab Addict Detroit, so maybe that's why you're having trouble finding them.

Just finally got around to watching these episodes, and I love when Reba kicks Nicole out because her dicking around for the cameras was compromising his work.  I guess she seemed good natured about it, but yes, she has to get her hands into everything and it's annoying to watch, I can only imagine what it's like to experience.

One of my favorite parts was when she noticed a toilet was next to the window and asked if she was the one who put that there and the GC said "I didn't do it."  LOL.  Also, what was wrong with that?  Can't they do one of those windows with the funky glass so you get the natural light and the privacy?  Am I crazy?

I also enjoyed how she clearly messed up the kitchen cabinets-both the initial design and when they came to install, which she then pretended was common, and Jason looked like he was having a heart attack because he probably thought he screwed it up, but it was probably Nicole.  She just seems so scatterbrained and disorganized.

• Love 1

The show is on on both HGTV & DIY. The new episodes were called Rehab Addict Detroit, so maybe that's why you're having trouble finding them.

I realized they're on Thursdays, and I've set my DVR w/ other things w/ higher priority, lol. That's ok, it's HGTV/DIY - they'll all be rerun ad infinitum.